Hartlepool - 4th December

Lighthouse

Assume so, it was last year.

Yeah, i feel into the trap of a lot on here and went for the lazy option of waiting for someone to reply. I just used my initive and called the ticket office and they said it was, going to do that rather than get a ticket up front in case it gets postponed.

Agreed, not a chance it will sell out. I doubt many people will drive if the weather is still this bad up there, would leave the hardcore few who do drive, the northern saints and anyone who's flown.

It's going to be freezing.

or got the train.

Agreed, not a chance it will sell out. I doubt many people will drive if the weather is still this bad up there, would leave the hardcore few who do drive, the northern saints and anyone who's flown.

It's going to be freezing.

When you say hardcore you mean true fans i believe. I'm driving up there.

Just got back from the Hartlepool game.

Bloody thing was canceled!!!

Flew up from Stansted on Friday and got back today (Sunday).

To be fair the Snow was pretty heavy, 2-3 feet.

however the Geordie lases were still out in the Big Market and Quayside with next to nothing on, in high heels trying to walk in 3 feet of snow. They are hard as nails them girls!

Fluked a refund on the train as one of the parts of the journey was cancelled due to the weather, so £59 wasn't wasted :D

We got a refund on our flights from Flybe, the hostel says we can get our money off another stay, so hopefully Boro will stay in the NPC and we can stay in Newcastle when we play them next season.

We got a refund on our flights from Flybe, the hostel says we can get our money off another stay, so hopefully Boro will stay in the NPC and we can stay in Newcastle when we play them next season.

Definitely a result getting a refund for train tickets for this one.

in regards to your hostel stay, Don't rule out playing Newcastle in the championship next year I can see things turning ugly there with peter beardsley in charge. You could use your stay for the re-arranged fixture, hopefully they will set the new date with plenty of notice to arrange time off and get some good train deals. Likewise for the oldham game.

Definitely a result getting a refund for train tickets for this one.

in regards to your hostel stay, Don't rule out playing Newcastle in the championship next year I can see things turning ugly there with peter beardsley in charge. You could use your stay for the re-arranged fixture, hopefully they will set the new date with plenty of notice to arrange time off and get some good train deals. Likewise for the oldham game.

I think the problem with the re-arranged game would be the cost of the flights, even if we book them straight away it will be probably be closer to £150 than the £70 I paid in the summer also it would be a tuesday/wednesday night stay, not exactly the nightlife we where after. I'm sure we will play some northern tin pot club next season so should be fine.

I think the problem with the re-arranged game would be the cost of the flights, even if we book them straight away it will be probably be closer to £150 than the £70 I paid in the summer also it would be a tuesday/wednesday night stay, not exactly the nightlife we where after. I'm sure we will play some northern tin pot club next season so should be fine.

Seems the flights are actually a little bit cheaper. Good times.

• 1 month later...
any news on tickets for this game? did it sell out first time round? i couldn't go then but can make the rearrangement but there doesn't seem to be any news re tickets on the os

It definitely didn't sell out. Can imagine you can just buy tickets from our ticket office, but might be worth just giving them a quick bell to confirm.

Got back this afternoon and changd my Rochdale tickets for hartlepool tickets. Driving up on Tueday morning, could not stand sitting on the bus for 11 hours! Accommodation was nil in hartlepool (have son with me) so now driving down to Darlington after the game at least I am going in the right direction! Another ground ticked off - hope game goes ahead otherwise this will be my fourth cancelled away game (Walsall, Charlton and Rochdale)

Anyone know what the Jacksons Wharf pub is like? Use it last year?

http://www.jacksonswharfpub.co.uk/FindUs#FindUs

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/16/16866/Jacksons_Wharf/Hartlepool

Not sure if this comes up OK on here, but here's a link to Google street view.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=the+highlight+ts24+0xn&aq=&sll=54.689585,-1.208668&sspn=0.014511,0.036135&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=The+Highlight,+Hartlepool+TS24+0,+United+Kingdom&ll=54.69121,-1.206222&spn=0.007255,0.018067&z=16&layer=c&cbll=54.691176,-1.206392&panoid=bzMdOu8fZ-1EAW7cL9QNYg&cbp=12,223.74,,0,5

Did not go last year so new to me too..... see you there...

Just reading the beerinthevening review ha ha, poor old nana, I won't be ordering the minestrone!

hahahahah, i want to go there pal

"My Nana and sister were in your pub yesterday 06/10/09 and my nana orderd a ministronie soup and my sister orderd a BLT my nanas soup was cold and you could stand a spoon in. For afters me nana orderd the raspberry tart-it said pastry case but it was sponge and also said i orderd ice cream with it and i got cream. To top it off pot of tea for 2 came without a lid but a tea cup on top of it. all together it came to £20!! not worth paying for."