Students

Thedelldays

If that thing he threw had hit someone in the head... It would would have killed them

I wonder what the reaction would be by those supporting him if he fired a gun and missed someone..

The end result would have been the same

No excuse for this lad.

I agree. The only thing that could have been worse is that he killed someone - like Ian Tomlinson for example. Luckily HIS killer also is now also in jail. Right?

I agree. The only thing that could have been worse is that he killed someone - like Ian Tomlinson for example. Luckily HIS killer also is now also in jail. Right?

you are right..until this man is in jail...we should free all killers..or wannabe killers..

its the only fair thing to do..

Throat slitting? Interesting response.

Maybe i'm just bitter, or whatever catergory people on here want to place me in in, but i had my life ruined for 20x less than this intelligent chap did, therefore in my eyes he got away lightly.

Agreed. Thus he should get 10x greater sentence than the Fire Extinguisher student (rather than the student getting 10x less)

Its impossible to say imo. Almost certainly the driver didnt set out to hit somebody, the student - who knows? On another day the driver would have got home safely and the student would have killed three people. Both crimes were reckless behaviour.

Its impossible to say imo. Almost certainly the driver didnt set out to hit somebody, the student - who knows? On another day the driver would have got home safely and the student would have killed three people. Both crimes were reckless behaviour.

I think the sentence for the student is about right and the driver too lenient as it happens but you are right in that it is always very difficult to compare two crimes and make a judgement of the sentencing. However if one viewed it that the punishment is for a combination of reckless action and the outcome of that recklessness surely the driver will carry a longer sentence because of that. He drove recklessly and killed someone, the student behaved recklessly and by good fortune did not harm anyone - that to me is the difference.

Also before anyone else pipes up yes I think the outcome of the Tomlinson case left a very nasty smell.

I think the sentence for the student is about right and the driver too lenient as it happens but you are right in that it is always very difficult to compare two crimes and make a judgement of the sentencing. However if one viewed it that the punishment is for a combination of reckless action and the outcome of that recklessness surely the driver will carry a longer sentence because of that. He drove recklessly and killed someone, the student behaved recklessly and by good fortune did not harm anyone - that to me is the difference.

Also before anyone else pipes up yes I think the outcome of the Tomlinson case left a very nasty smell.

Big difference apart from not hurting anyone is the student handed himself in and pleaded guilty, whereas the other fled to Poland