Is it me, or is John McCain....

bridge too far

Hmmm...that's conclusive! As if the guard was going to say "yeah, we beat him, every day". It makes sense that they would want to keep him alive as his father was an Admiral in the Navy, so a good bargaining chip and propaganda tool. When he was released, he had no reason to embellish his story. Obviously by thetime his autobiography came out, he had greater ambitions.

Not that i am saying I will vote for him.

John Mac will "win" as according to Rolling Stone magazine the fix is allready in place.

http://www.gregpalast.com/rolling-stone-its-already-stolen/#more-2118

While Obama dreams of riding to the White House on a wave of new voters, more then 2.7 million have had their registrations REJECTED under new procedures signed into law by George Bush.

Kennedy, a voting rights lawyer, charges this is a resurgence of 'Jim Crow' tactics to wrongly block Black and Hispanic voters.

- A fired US prosecutor levels new charges - accusing leaders of his own party, Republicans, with criminal acts in an attempt to block legal voters as "fraudulent."

- Digging through government records, the Kennedy-Palast team discovered that, in 2004, a GOP scheme called "caging” ultimately took away the rights of 1.1 million voters. The Rolling Stone duo predict that, this November 4, it will be far worse.

Guest Hacienda
Obama must win for this world to stand any chance. At the worst it will improve international relations. If Americans vote McCain in then they deserve terrorism IMO.

They were stupid enough to vote in Bush Jr, twice!!

They were stupid enough to vote in Bush Jr, twice!!

I know. If the polls are correct then they may have learnt from that. It's interesting that most mccain supporters focus on the negatives of obama but I rarely hear why mccain is better. I've only watched parts of their debates but obama is clearly the better candidate. America doesn't need any more misguided patriotism, it needs some common sense

I can't believe they make so much of nothing. Of course, they daren't actually consider as a black power fist pound. Y'see..? I'm even getting into it.

Nice to see Ali G showing the shallowness of it all. So much so, even the presenters laughed. The Media will find the most insignificant things to twist.

I know. If the polls are correct then they may have learnt from that. It's interesting that most mccain supporters focus on the negatives of obama but I rarely hear why mccain is better. I've only watched parts of their debates but obama is clearly the better candidate. America doesn't need any more misguided patriotism, it needs some common sense

Oh! everything will be alright then. :confused:

Obama appears to have a fair degree of common sense to me.

What gets said on the stump doesn't always get translated into action once in office. We as saints fans should be critically aware of that fact!

Whoever wins, they are only the glove puppet, so I wouldn't expect too much of a deviation away from the pnac agenda. I would still expect Obama to pursue war around the world in support of the military industrial complex, as 80% of US manufacturing is connected in one way or another to the Defense Budget.

I don't see Obama saying he will repeal the Patriot Act if he gets into power either....

Actually most Americans have as much common sense as people in the rest of the world. Its the vocal minority that you become aware of.

IMHO

I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Yes, I've been pleasantly suprised by the level of debate displayed by both candidates. That's obviously driven by the public wanting more than just rhetoric. I know there's been the usual rubbish spouted by their equivalent of the tabloids and also hot air but if you look at the debates themselves then for a large part they were actually talking about policy. It was encouraging if nothing else.

I think we're too quick to characterise Americans as being thick and myopic. A lot of them probably are but no more so than over here. I just hope that the thick ones don't outnumber the rest of them (and for the record that doesn't mean anyone who votes republican is thick - just the republicans who vote without an awareness of the issues and that goes for democrats too).

Yes, I've been pleasantly suprised by the level of debate displayed by both candidates. That's obviously driven by the public wanting more than just rhetoric. I know there's been the usual rubbish spouted by their equivalent of the tabloids and also hot air but if you look at the debates themselves then for a large part they were actually talking about policy. It was encouraging if nothing else.

I think we're too quick to characterise Americans as being thick and myopic. A lot of them probably are but no more so than over here. I just hope that the thick ones don't outnumber the rest of them (and for the record that doesn't mean anyone who votes republican is thick - just the republicans who vote without an awareness of the issues and that goes for democrats too).

It's all going to be irrelevent in the next few days anyway

The real reason for the 'One's' sudden trip to Hawaii

Silly Boy

Unfortunately Saint George I don't include you as being one of the more intelligent Americans. That link is a bit like clutching at straws...I'm willing to bet it won't hold up. The election would never have got this far if the allegations were true.

One thing though...if all you've got is that Obama might not be a 'proper American' (just like you) then isn't that a bit discriminatory and against the 'American Dream'. Ironic that McCain lauds the ideal (you know anyone can make it blah blah blah) and holds up Joe the Plumber except of course anyone can 'make it to the top' unless you weren't born in the US. In the face of massive economic problems I'd have thought that not being born in the US would be a small and petty argument. Thankfully it's not a big deal except for Saint George.

Unfortunately Saint George I don't include you as being one of the more intelligent Americans. That link is a bit like clutching at straws...I'm willing to bet it won't hold up. The election would never have got this far if the allegations were true.

One thing though...if all you've got is that Obama might not be a 'proper American' (just like you) then isn't that a bit discriminatory and against the 'American Dream'. Ironic that McCain lauds the ideal (you know anyone can make it blah blah blah) and holds up Joe the Plumber except of course anyone can 'make it to the top' unless you weren't born in the US. In the face of massive economic problems I'd have thought that not being born in the US would be a small and petty argument. Thankfully it's not a big deal except for Saint George.

Well put!

Well. I'm not running for President so like 'Joe the plumber' my status for the job is irelevent.

The fact is, "petty" or not, The American Constitution stipulates 3 qualifications to hold the office of 'The President of the United States'.....One of them is to be a "Natural born Citizen"...That's hard coded and not up for debate. He's either qualified or not

To this day, and contary to popular assumptions, no one has any knowledge of Obama producing the required documentation to qualify him for Office...

To date he's ignored all public request's to do so....Resulting in a 'Democrat' instigating legal proceedings...There are now 4 similar Cases in progress right now and a further Supreme court action in Hawaii to 'un vault' the records.....If these cases find against Obama, then they'll be followed up by a 50 State class action suit against both Obama and the RNC...

Obama has already criticised Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr so that one doesn't really hold much water.

Bill Ayers was a terrorist I guess but he's also been Chicago's citizen of the year. In any case Ayers and Obama served on a couple of charity boards together - big deal. Ayers hosted some fund raising events for Obama..again big deal.

None of this matters because as you pointed out with 'Joe the Plumber' none of them are running for president.

I think it's good that there is clear policy difference beween the two though. Obama states quite clearly that 95% of the population will benefit from his policies while McCain favours policies that reward the health insurance companies and the rich. It's a legitimate choice rather than a choice between two politicians that essentially say the same thing.

BTW if you really want to have a look at scandal then look at how the republicans stole the election between Bush and Gore. They actually did that. Ironically if they hadn't then America might not be in the mess it's in now and McCain might have stood a better chance of getting elected.

So close ties to Domestic terrorists isnt an issue?...

So Gerry Adams for UK Prime Minister then

What gets said on the stump doesn't always get translated into action once in office. We as saints fans should be critically aware of that fact!

Whoever wins, they are only the glove puppet, so I wouldn't expect too much of a deviation away from the pnac agenda. I would still expect Obama to pursue war around the world in support of the military industrial complex, as 80% of US manufacturing is connected in one way or another to the Defense Budget.

I don't see Obama saying he will repeal the Patriot Act if he gets into power either....

But the very fact that he is black will placate some enemies of the US. Even if it's a tiny bit it's better than the current situation.

Not to this (former) domestic terrorist, and he's not that 'close'.

Anyway, your whole bla bla about Obama not being born in America is ofcourse true in the sense that if he's not born in the US he couldn't be president but if it had been true it would have come out by now.

Not to this (former) domestic terrorist, and he's not that 'close'.

Anyway, your whole bla bla about Obama not being born in America is ofcourse true in the sense that if he's not born in the US he couldn't be president but if it had been true it would have come out by now.

Who really killed JFK..?

But perhaps the reason why nothing has come out about Obama not being born in the USA is because there is nothing to come out. Being born in Hawaii means he's eligibale to be President.

Well. I'm not running for President so like 'Joe the plumber' my status for the job is irelevent.

The fact is, "petty" or not, The American Constitution stipulates 3 qualifications to hold the office of 'The President of the United States'.....One of them is to be a "Natural born Citizen"...That's hard coded and not up for debate. He's either qualified or not

To this day, and contary to popular assumptions, no one has any knowledge of Obama producing the required documentation to qualify him for Office...

To date he's ignored all public request's to do so....Resulting in a 'Democrat' instigating legal proceedings...There are now 4 similar Cases in progress right now and a further Supreme court action in Hawaii to 'un vault' the records.....If these cases find against Obama, then they'll be followed up by a 50 State class action suit against both Obama and the RNC...

The points I was making were that the claims probably won't stand up - it's a conspiracy theory for desperate republicans. After the fierce fought democratic battle with Hillary I'm fairly certain that if there were any truth in the allegations then it would have been proved then. In any case McCain was born in Panama wasn't he? Don't see you frothing at the mouth at that one.

The second point was that it's a fairly trivial and discriminatory article - where he or anyone else is born is irrelevant. If it's OK for Arnie to be governer of California (what is it 7th largest economy in the world?) then why not president?

The link with Ayers is tenuous and again smacks of desperation - they served on 2 charity boards together. A few republicans were also on those committees. Ayers also tried to raise some money for Obama. Who knows whether that was with Obama's consent? Does it matter? Ayers is a leading Chicago citizen and respected university professor - he's not cowering in a cave and plotting the destruction of the country.

Obama isn't guilty by association. Anyway, Obama has been publicly supported by Ted Kennedy and he's a catholic. The head of the catholic church is the pope. The pope used to be in the Hitler Youth. Ergo Obama is a Nazi. That's the kind of twisted stupid logic you're using. It's lazy.

But perhaps the reason why nothing has come out about Obama not being born in the USA is because there is nothing to come out. Being born in Hawaii means he's eligibale to be President.

Of course, the funny thing is that Johnny boy was (technically) not a "Natural-born citizen" at the time of his birth.

John McCain, who ran for the Republican party nomination in 2000 and is the Republican nominee in 2008, was born at the Coco Solo U.S. military base in the Panama Canal Zone to U.S. parents. Although the Panama Canal Zone was not considered to be part of the United States, federal law states: "Any person born in the Canal Zone on or after February 26, 1904, and whether before or after the effective date of this chapter, whose father or mother or both at the time of the birth of such person was or is a citizen of the United States, is declared to be a citizen of the United States." The law that conferred this status took effect on August 4, 1937, one year after John McCain was born — albeit with retroactive effect, resulting in McCain being declared a U.S. citizen.

Who really killed JFK..?

The CIA helping a democrat becoming president. Now there's new one. ;)

Anyway, the second comment is actually what I meant. I don't think anything will come out of it because he is actually born in Hawaii.

The second point was that it's a fairly trivial and discriminatory article - where he or anyone else is born is irrelevant. If it's OK for Arnie to be governer of California (what is it 7th largest economy in the world?) then why not president?

I think that would have to do something with being in charge of foreign affairs & the military. I can see why they would have a rule against that, afterall there could be some mixed loyalty when you have to put sanctions/decide to attack you birth country.

Edited by Saint Martini

The CIA helping a democrat becoming president. Now there's new one. ;)

Anyway, the second comment is actually what I meant. I don't think anything will come out of it because he is actually born in Hawaii.

I think that would have to do something with being in charge of foreign affairs & the military. I can see why they would have a rule against that, afterall there could be some mixed loyalty when you have to put sanctions/decide to attack you birth country.

On the flip side you're suggesting that there's never been a traitor against their country of birth? Saint George is going to bring up Bill Ayers!

Well, he's now got another 3 goes at making a fool of hims. . . err . putting his side of the discussion across.

He's running out of conspiracy websites though isn't he? If he doesn't post a link to Obama being a facist, nazi, cross dressing, black/white/eskimo martian then it's going to be disappointing.

Guest Hacienda
He's running out of conspiracy websites though isn't he? If he doesn't post a link to Obama being a facist, nazi, cross dressing, black/white/eskimo martian then it's going to be disappointing.

He's been out at a family BBQ,

16786350.jpg