Forum match at SMS - Cancelled

stevegrant

Should have made it mixed! It's allowed for charity matches.;-) I wear sports bras for my wobbly bits, what do you guys wear for your beer guts?

My team were a fine set of well toned athletes if you dont mind.....as for the manager! Phils lot needed trusses and extra support , except for JustMike who has chicken ankles and makes Kate Moss look like a right porker

I know. Bizarre. I was hoping for guest players. Maybe they've been bought outright.

I emailed to enquire and this was my response

Afternoon Jordan,

Thanks for your email.

We have reserved those two positions for guests that we are hoping will take part in the game. We are hopeful to reveal all details shortly however at the moment we are unable to confirm peoples attendance.

If you would like any further information please don’t hesitate in contacting me.

Best Regards

I think someone who is a full member should perhaps create a thread on this to fill up the spaces with as many TSF members as possible :)

Should have made it mixed! It's allowed for charity matches.;-) I wear sports bras for my wobbly bits, what do you guys wear for your beer guts?

Beer guts aren't flaccid like t!ts so require additional velocity for any wobble to appear. I would expect none of the beer gut owners could gain the speed for this to occur, hence no need for any bracing garments. HTH

;-)

My team were a fine set of well toned athletes if you dont mind.....as for the manager! Phils lot needed trusses and extra support , except for JustMike who has chicken ankles and makes Kate Moss look like a right porker

oi!! ;)

What he said.

So, no decider then? Shame, the first match was and still is one of my proudest self indulgent pleasures ever.

Stev, thanks for the memories mate.

you should support Pompey if you are proud of that injustice!!!! Although that tackle still makes me wince. Lol Gret fun and sad it has ended as it was a great chance to put names to faces

Think it is now time to move on, although perhaps the idea of a "Forum Match Annual Rememberance Dinner" could be a fitting tribute.

Loads of beers, loads of tales and gossip and then down to Frannie's curry house

All we need now is the excuse to come back for it and the time

Beer guts aren't flaccid like t!ts so require additional velocity for any wobble to appear. I would expect none of the beer gut owners could gain the speed for this to occur, hence no need for any bracing garments. HTH

;-)

Ah, thank you DOC for the technical explanation. Actually mine are surprisingly firm, probably due to winching sails and the like. Incidentally, anybody need any crew for this summer?

So why has this been canceled? It's a bit odd that in a time of Naff all money for simple folk that they put the price up but I didn't think that would stop enough people signing up.

I would still love to do it. Funds stopped me last year and same reason this year. Got too much to pay out for already.

If it's the cost stopping people go I wonder if the club will re-evaluate it's prices given that they are losing out on a booking cause it's too steep?

A business that prices out it's customers has no customers!

/\

genius. Stveve can't you give the club a call.

If it doesn't then I really pike the gaffers suggestion. Invite everyone though.

Do it tO raise money for a cancer charity.

I will organise it if people want. And I may have a little surprise for everyone if you play your cards right

Absolutely NO FIGHTING or illsort you ourv

It can be our promotion party.

So why has this been canceled? It's a bit odd that in a time of Naff all money for simple folk that they put the price up but I didn't think that would stop enough people signing up.

I would still love to do it. Funds stopped me last year and same reason this year. Got too much to pay out for already.

If it's the cost stopping people go I wonder if the club will re-evaluate it's prices given that they are losing out on a booking cause it's too steep?

A business that prices out it's customers has no customers!

I don't think the attraction is SO great at that price that there's enough interest - taking out the 40-ish people who've already done it. Personally, I played in match 1 and I don't feel the need to do it again, I would even have to think about it seriously if it was only £100 for 90 minutes - but that's mostly due to my massive ego and the fact I have a "played 1 hour, scored 2 goals" record at St Mary's that I don't want to mess up !

The first one is the one that everyone still talks about.

The only incident worthy of mention last year was that past it bloke getting himself sent off. This is why I reckon the price has increased, they need extra security in case big nick tries to infiltrate.

I don't know if the old codger realised but he has still to servean automatic touchhole ban. This is factually correct; go read your precious rule book Lovejoy.

I don't think the attraction is SO great at that price that there's enough interest - taking out the 40-ish people who've already done it. Personally, I played in match 1 and I don't feel the need to do it again, I would even have to think about it seriously if it was only £100 for 90 minutes - but that's mostly due to my massive ego and the fact I have a "played 1 hour, scored 2 goals" record at St Mary's that I don't want to mess up !

Yeah I suppose if you have already done it for a cheaper price, why would you pay more to do it again??? Someone at SMS has got the numbers wrong it seems. I wonder if there will be spare slots that they were expecting to fill this year?