Forum match at SMS - Cancelled

stevegrant

Sitting at the airport lounge, sipping me Bucks Fizz and munching my Strawberry Jam & Clotted Cream Scones thinking it don't get better than ..... and woosh I find it's game on again!

Damn, if only I had known yesterday could have nobbled Oldnick down the pub last night!

Im glad you spelt nobbled right i came over all queer reading that at first

Email sent in.

Well up for it again after last year. Really enjoyed myself and scored in the Northam to boot!

Fingers crossed i can cement myself in at RB again, and get 90mins there this year :)

Glory hunter Lol. have you been playing much as you were a major star last season?

Lol, I dont see any evidence of being sent off,it is a figment of your imagination, but the camera caught you looking like a rabbit in the headlights as you didn't know where to stand! it reminded me of the gawky kid at school who only played with his trainset and had no idea what the rules of football were

So you were stalking me when I was at school. :suspicious:

So you were stalking me when I was at school. :suspicious:
No I only had to see your action (inaction) at the last Forum game to read you.

I'm not sure if i'm going to be manager this time as the FA have given me a touchline ban. Unless Granty can provide me with a telephone and megaphone to contact my team im in trouble. Also the9 has his eyes on the job. At least if he does my team will get a proper tactical talk, not my 'just pass not hoof the ball' pre match pep talk.

Glory hunter Lol. have you been playing much as you were a major star last season?

Well it was the first time id ever played RB at ss last year, and i enjoyed it so much i ended up playing RB for Santos this season. Think iv had an 'alright' season but crab lungs / the9 would be able to give a fair assessment of me!

Definately up for it again this year though... i need to score at the Chapel end :)

I did football aid a few years ago and I was ****ed (thought I was going to die) and am even less fit now so I am afraid I will pass on the playing cheers ! I would be interested in being the hooligan element for the day I could get drunk boo everyone and cuss at everyone else there to watch ?

I did football aid a few years ago and I was ****ed (thought I was going to die) and am even less fit now so I am afraid I will pass on the playing cheers ! I would be interested in being the hooligan element for the day I could get drunk boo everyone and cuss at everyone else there to watch ?

If thats the case you will have to punch saintscott in the face

The costs are interesting if they cover the fee Cortese charges.

My youth side has reached the U16 City of Southampton Youth League Cup Final, to be played at St Marys on 23 May ( provided Saints are not in the play offs we are told).

The league foot the bill for that one I think.

I'm not sure if i'm going to be manager this time as the FA have given me a touchline ban. Unless Granty can provide me with a telephone and megaphone to contact my team im in trouble. Also the9 has his eyes on the job. At least if he does my team will get a proper tactical talk, not my 'just pass not hoof the ball' pre match pep talk.

Nothing against you or Phil but I'd like to see Ottery and Window Cleaner as managers.

Actually having reverted to referring to "controlling the controllables" in my team's last match (literally) the other week, I think I've exhausted my management speak for the year. Plus I'm not going to do the management thing in this match for as long as it costs money, and as it's ALWAYS going to cost money I'll probably stick to spectating, which I didn't even manage to do last year.

As far as Spades goes, he's been one of our best players this season, me having signed him on the basis of last year's Forum match reports and one day of 7-a-side matches. It was a no-brainer though.

51 years old last year, smoking like a chimney, knees that should be pensioned off, more one footed (right) than a thingy in Chronicles of Narnia (Dawn Treader whatever) yet last year during the warm up, the ball came across from the right, bounced up and I hit a waist high left footed volley from 18 yards into the back of the net at the Northam end.

It will NEVER get better than that

Would love to have seen the S1 Interviews DVD or even some more of the photos from last year but hey ho

At least now (thanks to this thread) we know why Oldnick was so keen to sign a new midfielder. he obviously didn't find any of our current crop sexy enough.

Nice flight home, Hosties looked after me VERY well - lol two mob numbers at my age AND with such a great GF, she'll be well impressed if she can stop laughing (Oh I had the Chicken with Gnochi BTW) unfortunately, as I was SOOO well looked after I am having trouble seeing the keyboard so my Taxi for LB thread will have to wait to tomorrow

Well, there IS a very important fan position available this year - D_P's Magners deliverer. It gets well rewarded at the after party...

We Soooooooo have to go to Dock Gate whatever after again - they stock Zubrowka - managed to get 4 bottles at Duty Free to replenish my stocks as down here it is rarer than Rocking Horse sh1t

Oldnick won't be having any, he'll be dreaming of being MLT with his Malibu

I may have to try and play myself this year.

As for photos, I never did post up all of them from last year, it just took too long to go through them all and I never found the time. I'll see if I can get some of them done before this years, as a taster.

I would like to be managed by Dubai Phil, assuming I get 'selected' and of course, find the necessary money to play. :)

Yep, good start, and after you've paid me the "being on my team fee" (the demand is just Soooo high, one has no choice) make sure you budget enough to be able to pay the match fees.

8)

Yep, good start, and after you've paid me the "being on my team fee" (the demand is just Soooo high, one has no choice) make sure you budget enough to be able to pay the match fees.

8)

I would love to play but I have had a groin strain for 15 years now!! Hoping to be back but dont know the precise recovery time!!!!

Well, there IS a very important fan position available this year - D_P's Magners deliverer. It gets well rewarded at the after party...

We Soooooooo have to go to Dock Gate whatever after again - they stock Zubrowka - managed to get 4 bottles at Duty Free to replenish my stocks as down here it is rarer than Rocking Horse sh1t

Oldnick won't be having any, he'll be dreaming of being MLT with his Malibu

I'm up for that but I must warn you I operate on a strict one for you one for me policy !

I would like to be managed by Dubai Phil, assuming I get 'selected' and of course, find the necessary money to play. :)
He's welcome to you.

If I am manager again i already have the backbone of a winning team. I don't need hangers on . I doubt your team will make the kick -off as Phil will have hours of pictures and film of him with Tiger.I dare any of you not to look at each and every picture without telling him how good he looks. I'm told he has carefully edited the images so that Tiger is obscured and Phil is centre pic.

He's welcome to you.

If I am manager again i already have the backbone of a winning team. I don't need hangers on . I doubt your team will make the kick -off as Phil will have hours of pictures and film of him with Tiger.I dare any of you not to look at each and every picture without telling him how good he looks. I'm told he has carefully edited the images so that Tiger is obscured and Phil is centre pic.

Oh look, that is Soooo not true.

I won't bore them with Tiger Tales.

I'll talk about my Beach BBQ at The Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi with Casey, W******d, Poulter & Mickelson, while you go on and on (AGAIN) about your Mars Bar in the Showers moment. Yawn

I don't want to think of the abuse...

With all the stats this season, maybe NickG has a strong case for ref? Or fourth official with the bored..?

Changed it so it describes all 12,000 of the fans who attended last season's game. Nickg in the stand with the opta stats computer thingy, that works

Simo - may have a plan B, I got told off last year for guzzling Magners in the technical area, so this year thinking of digging out one of those Isostar/Gatorade half litre advertising bottles and filling it with Zub & Apple juice

Oh look, that is Soooo not true.

I won't bore them with Tiger Tales.

I'll talk about my Beach BBQ at The Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi with Casey, W******d, Poulter & Mickelson, while you go on and on (AGAIN) about your Mars Bar in the Showers moment. Yawn

Oh my word at that rate your team will not not only miss the match but the after game drinks as you finger through the pics.

As for the Mars Bar you are wrong yet again, it was a Kit Kat moment and Kiera was more than happy

Changed it so it describes all 12,000 of the fans who attended last season's game. Nickg in the stand with the opta stats computer thingy, that works

Simo - may have a plan B, I got told off last year for guzzling Magners in the technical area, so this year thinking of digging out one of those Isostar/Gatorade half litre advertising bottles and filling it with Zub & Apple juice

Nearer 12 than 12,000 but you are right about the bored bit. Luckily, a day on the sauce had left me tranquilised.

Last year was after a good friends funeral. This year I recommend Day 3 of the Lancashire match at The Rose Bowl. The team can warm up by jogging up and down the steps, whilst the management warm up in the pavilion.

Time to break this Salisbury monopoly of the technical area, methinks.

Nearer 12 than 12,000 but you are right about the bored bit. Luckily, a day on the sauce had left me tranquilised.

Last year was after a good friends funeral. This year I recommend Day 3 of the Lancashire match at The Rose Bowl. The team can warm up by jogging up and down the steps, whilst the management warm up in the pavilion.

Why dont you don your jacket and have a go? By the way live near Salisbury born in Southampton

You're joking right? I mean the most important parts of the whole affair are the post match interviews you'll sound like thoshe Dusch Boysh. A day at the cricket and then 90 mins on the "Gatorade" you'll be more blind than that Lino in year one.

Some talk about it, some get their backside in gear and send emails, others are just earning airmiles at the wrong time but we can but hope

Not a problem boss I'm already well rehearsed on that front from my trips on the (alcohol free) bingo bus

and having to smuggle copious amounts of vodka onboard to get me through the journey!

Oh, so that didn't go well then.

Hey Honey, we still have some free tickets left, why don't you come back with me for a short break to UK & watch me in action in my suit and maybe kicking a ball around in the warm up on the Hallowed turf.

Do I have to? really wasn't the reaction I had hoped for.

Well:

1) I can't make the date

2) Can't afford it

3) They wouldn't let me play anyway.

I'm on the bench today - been out playing music and not drinking - I'll have you know.. I'm going to be hacked off with the manager tomorrow either way - I reckon there's no way I'll get off the bench and if I do I've bet a bottle of bubbly at my local bar that I won't...