Forum match at SMS - Cancelled

stevegrant

Delldays on one side vs Hypo on the other...

Oh that's funny

Now how to gety Alps across, he Sooo should get on Solent as Match Summariser

meanwhile, did we do something for Charity at the first game? I know the fees go to cover the VERY professional operation & cost of the game, but could we do something, a bucket collection, profits from the matchday programmes or is it all tied in to Saints Foundation these days..?

Oh crap, I have to find another D_P global sporting legend moment, phew only took 2 seconds

/\

the former being by far the best in every respect. And the only one that I personally would pay to watch.

I am so glad you're gonna be there mate. Talk mrs jb into staying and I'll buy you both a beer.

Will do what I can to convince her. Should be booking the friday off work so shouldn't be any rush to get away.

Will be good to see you again Hamster.

Its so tempting to play again, loved my 2nd half run out for the home team in midfield last year. Even set up a goal with a run down the wing and cross. Shame its gone up but it was a great experience and everyone on the day was fantastic. I really recommend it if you havent done it already.

Do you all wear Saintsweb name badges? I may come and watch so I can see what some of you chimps look like!

Much more professional

Names on the shirts mate and the star of the show (that's Scudamore Btw) produces a world class quality programme with all the players bio's in it

Brief update: so far, I've had 16 applicants for playing positions (17 including me but I'm not sure I can justify the cost this year yet), plus the two managers. It goes without saying that I'll need plenty more before we can confirm the event this year.

Much more professional

Names on the shirts mate and the star of the show (that's Scudamore Btw) produces a world class quality programme with all the players bio's in it

By name I assume you man 'forum user name' and for bio, I assume 'internet persona'! :lol: :lol:

use of changing rooms? real entrance to sms pitch by tunnel. might be in.

ta

All that and more my friend.

The warm up is most people's best chance to smash a ball into the back of the net at the holy of holy places. You even get a bottle of powerade.

Right, simple explanation of where we are is that I've had applications for 17 of the 32 places, with Nick and Phil both confirming they'd like to take the manager hotseats again. Clearly that is nowhere near enough, so unfortunately this year's game won't go ahead :(

What a shame.

I was really looking forward watching this year.

Maybe that SWF v THE UGLIES could replace it. Hire out Eastleigh's pitch, get some officials in and make it a charity fundraising event.

It could also be held on a weekend that way.

Just a thought.

Btw I think you should change the thread title now mate.

Right, simple explanation of where we are is that I've had applications for 17 of the 32 places, with Nick and Phil both confirming they'd like to take the manager hotseats again. Clearly that is nowhere near enough, so unfortunately this year's game won't go ahead :(

We were chatting about doing this on the way to the match on Saturday. Bottom line is that it is just too expensive.

What a shame.

I was really looking forward watching this year.

Maybe that SWF v THE UGLIES could replace it. Hire out Eastleigh's pitch, get some officials in and make it a charity fundraising event.

It could also be held on a weekend that way.

Just a thought.

Btw I think you should change the thread title now mate.

could we have the after match drinks at Silverspoons lol

has the price increased a lot then ? im surprised that so few have shown interest

has the price increased a lot then ? im surprised that so few have shown interest

Increased by £30 and £15 for 90/45 minutes respectively.

Short answer on the "other forums" thing is that no, I'm not going to go down that route. It's hard enough to organise the game in its original format at this short notice, I'm not going to add any extra complications. Sorry.

I would but a combination of a bad back and work means that I will probably have to give it a miss which I am gutted about because it is a great evening - can you not haggle the price down on a loyalty basis??? Just an idea Granty. Did we ever get our dvds from last year? I did n't get mine.

... how a bout a chairty game with the forum playing an x saints eleven? - Could raise money for the foundation and Kevin Moore. You could auction off the forum places as opposed to having a set price - maybe have 5 x 90 minutes and 10 x 45 and 4 x 22.5 (for old crocks like me!) Perhaps the club would santion only paying for one team - with any surplus going to the charitys. NC might even like to come and strut his stuff as well?? Worth a thought surely. I would be interested in this? Gets the game on, does some good for charity and gives the forum a bit of PR? Any chance?

... how a bout a chairty game with the forum playing an x saints eleven? - Could raise money for the foundation and Kevin Moore. You could auction off the forum places as opposed to having a set price - maybe have 5 x 90 minutes and 10 x 45 and 4 x 22.5 (for old crocks like me!) Perhaps the club would santion only paying for one team - with any surplus going to the charitys. NC might even like to come and strut his stuff as well?? Worth a thought surely. I would be interested in this? Gets the game on, does some good for charity and gives the forum a bit of PR? Any chance?

a bloody good idea sir

Increased by £30 and £15 for 90/45 minutes respectively.

Short answer on the "other forums" thing is that no, I'm not going to go down that route. It's hard enough to organise the game in its original format at this short notice, I'm not going to add any extra complications. Sorry.

Ok, the club has really upped the price.I agree about the extra aggro getting another forum together.

Just seen that this is off - that's a real shame.

I don't think it's the cost (£30 isn't much of an increase) so much as the combination of the cost AND the fact that a lot of the people who have wanted to do this have already done it - it's worth doing once, but it seems a lot more expensive to just do the same thing again.

Just out of interest, did they have the refitted home changing rooms in place in time for last season's game ? I can't remember when they built them, but it was after Forum Match 1 in 2009.

Just seen that this is off - that's a real shame.

I don't think it's the cost (£30 isn't much of an increase) so much as the combination of the cost AND the fact that a lot of the people who have wanted to do this have already done it - it's worth doing once, but it seems a lot more expensive to just do the same thing again.

Just out of interest, did they have the refitted home changing rooms in place in time for last season's game ? I can't remember when they built them, but it was after Forum Match 1 in 2009.

Yes the home changing room was very plush.

I would have done it but for the date which is the day before my holiday (ties in to the school holidays).

Edited by Doctoroncall
bloody phone!

The players' seating area that you see in the OS's publicity shots was cordoned off last year and the "home" forum team got changed in what I guess was the treatment area.
Now you have ruined it, i was telling everyone it was where the directors got changed alongside the team. My team will be crushed to think they were in the treatment room....although Baj might play, as he would not have far to go after the warm up

Well, that's a shame.

Shows that you can only have a once in a lifetime experience twice in life

I think

Or was it supposed to come out as "you should take the chance to have a once in a lifetime opportunity whenever it comes up and to hell with anything else"

Nah, think I was right first time.