Skacel and John in squad tomorrow

NickG

well don't forget to let us know then.

I'm sure someone who reads this board knows the real answer.

Make sure you reply with due consideration of this fact.

Not sure forum rules dictate "how or when to reply".

Like I said before I would not post unless I was at least fairly certain it was fact.

If some don't like what is contained in my posts because it doesn't suit their take on things - fine, I suggest you put me on ignore. The truth will not go away however.:rolleyes:

Name the players, regardless of injuries that you would definately start with every game.

I'll start:

Davis

Cork Svensson Thomas Rudi

Morgan Surman Holmes

Lallana

Could only find 9, 2 of which are injury prone and probably never play together (Killer & Thomas). One is not being played for what ever reason (Rudi) and the other is a loanee.

Not sure forum rules dictate "how or when to reply".

Like I said before I would not post unless I was at least fairly certain it was fact.

If some don't like what is contained in my posts because it doesn't suit their take on things - fine, I suggest you put me on ignore. The truth will not go away however.:rolleyes:

Forum rules don't dictate anything.

You are saying that Skacel isn't being played because of appearance money or whatever. You say you know somebody who "would" know. All I am doing is reminding you of the law of the land regarding diffamation and spreading

false rumour with intent to denigrate the character of people.

I'm quite sure that the guys who run the club couldn't give a toss about what's said on this forum, unless it becomes too insistent and degrading and the club itself starts to suffer because of rumour and innuendo put about with just that purpose in mind. Then they might act, or they might not.

Who knows you might be perfectly right, half right or totally wrong.

There are certainly people who know just as much as you do about the internal workings of the club and the PlC,some of them post regularly but they are very measured in what they leak, if anything at all.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Name the players, regardless of injuries that you would definately start with every game.

I'll start:

Davis

Cork Svensson Thomas Rudi

Morgan Surman Holmes

Lallana

Could only find 9, 2 of which are injury prone and probably never play together (Killer & Thomas). One is not being played for what ever reason (Rudi) and the other is a loanee.

I'd go along with most of those. In fact put 2 strikers in front of that as a 4-3-1-2 formation and you'd have fair team, but for some imbalance left/right

K.

I can imagine it being like this.

Rupert: Well Rudi, how are you looking

Rudi Sh!te

Rupert: Well we all know you want to leave but no-one wants you, still as you're not playing it's no surprise

Rudi: I want to play but you don't want to pay me

Rupert: Yes but you only want to play because you want more money, everybody knows that your agent asked Hibs to let you leave for a million quid a few days after you signed a new contract because West Ham wanted to pay you more.

Rudi: You'd have to ask my agent about that

Rupert: I have and he says you want to leave

Rudi Well If he says that I must want to leave then,any chance of a game?

Rupert: Only if you knock down the appearance money

Rudi : You'll have to talk to my agent about that.

Rupert: Be a seeing you Rudi.

Can anyone refresh my memory. Who was in charge when money satchell was signed and therefore agreed his contract?

Can anyone refresh my memory. Who was in charge when money satchell was signed and therefore agreed his contract?

Crouch,Wilde,Corbett and Mcenemy,Dulieu,Hone,Hoos and Trant

Take your pick exactly which one of them decided to pander to the ego of

Burley on that occasion.

I can't remember who was chairman of football,plc and whatever and when.

Some even said at the time Crouch was putting his hand in his pocket for certain players.I can"'t remember if Skacel was in that category, don't think it's true though because Hone said it wasn't. Although Crouch didn't mind everyone thinking it was.

Re post 59 -John's inclusion

agree. Wasn't to worried at start of season when DMG showed a bit of potential/form but I think recently John should have started. Understand tho Saturday was due to late return from international duty.

Hope DMG is not used in midfield at the expense of a "proper" midfielder

On that theme of the best 11 disregarding injuries and financial payments then my side would be:

Davis

Thomas Killer Lancashire Mills

Euell Schneiderlin Gillett Surman

Lallana

John

Bart

Perry

Cork

Skacel

BWP

Far from convinced by Lancashire, but with Killer needs some pace next to him and Perry/Thomas don't offer that. Mills looks decent to me btu his lack of height must be compensated for by Thomas at right back who did a solid job there.

Gillett was playing well befire his injury and IMO offers a lot to the side in terms of hussling the opposition. Schneiderlin has also looked good for me and I don't know why he is always subbed. Bit harsh on Cork who has played well but he can come in if either CM don't work out.

Euell goes straight in but not in a central role. When NP moved him out wide he wa excellent.

I go for Surman ahead of Rudi but only just. Rudi could also replace Lallana in the second striker role.

No idea why John does not start. Pekhart, McGoldrick or Robertson have offered little todate.

Edited by Chez

Have to admit I am getting peeved off with the exclusion of John up front. Surely he should be one of the first 11 picked? Just the sort of experienced target man we need to hold up the ball for the other players.

Except last Saturday Johnny, he didn't get back from Port of Spain until well into Friday, played Wednesday night which means early Thursday morning for us. As he'd been injured at Doncaster he wasn't picked at Coventry.

I don't think there's any conspiracy with John, he has played, has got injured and has been on international duty.

Now that's one of the imponderable aleas of global football. If John hadn't played in port of Spain up till 3am BST last Thursday he might have played for us last Saturday, taken the 2 penalties and scored them both. We might have done Watford over and be mid table and pleased as punch today,thinking we might turn up trumps against Sheff U..

Crouch,Wilde,Corbett and Mcenemy,Dulieu,Hone,Hoos and Trant

Take your pick exactly which one of them decided to pander to the ego of

Burley on that occasion.

I can't remember who was chairman of football,plc and whatever and when.

Some even said at the time Crouch was putting his hand in his pocket for certain players.I can"'t remember if Skacel was in that category, don't think it's true though because Hone said it wasn't. Although Crouch didn't mind everyone thinking it was.

Actually if i remember right it was Lowe who agreed to the transfer but it couldnt go through until July when the transfe window opened. He resigned in that period. At least i think that is what happened.

Edited by St Marco

Except last Saturday Johnny, he didn't get back from Port of Spain until well into Friday, played Wednesday night which means early Thursday morning for us. As he'd been injured at Doncaster he wasn't picked at Coventry.

I don't think there's any conspiracy with John, he has played, has got injured and has been on international duty.

Now that's one of the imponderable aleas of global football. If John hadn't played in port of Spain up till 3am BST last Thursday he might have played for us last Saturday, taken the 2 penalties and scored them both. We might have done Watford over and be mid table and pleased as punch today,thinking we might turn up trumps against Sheff U..

what might have been! We would have been 5th in current form league! Still many would have still be guaranteeing we will be down with 8 weeks!

http://www.4thegame.com/statistics/championship/tables/currentform.html

Actually if i remember right it was Lowe who agreed to the transfer but it couldnt go through until July when the transfe window opened. He resigned in that period. At least i think that is what happened.

Perhaps you're right Marco, I know he agreed Rasiak; I don't know anything

about any pre-arrangements for all the rest. At one time Skacel was wanting

out of Hibs, virtually days after he was definitely signed from Marseille.

This is documented in various places, his agent wanted Romanov to let him go

for £1 million; West Ham and Fulham were interested I believe.

Other than that I know nothing.

Fair enough it just seems like John has been used very sparingly this season compared to last season.

IMO th ebest tactic is to ping the ball to him just outside the penalty area (at chest height) so he can then control it and volley it in!

Perhaps you're right Marco, I know he agreed Rasiak; I don't know anything

about any pre-arrangements for all the rest. At one time Skacel was wanting

out of Hibs, virtually days after he was definitely signed from Marseille.

This is documented in various places, his agent wanted Romanov to let him go

for £1 million; West Ham and Fulham were interested I believe.

Other than that I know nothing.

Yeah i remember that summer it was like a big rumour for ages if we would get him or not. I hope he plays tonight and plays in midfield as he could be good if he can re-create his assists in 2006 from there. Rudi can be a good player i think just not as a defender.

Forum rules don't dictate anything.

You are saying that Skacel isn't being played because of appearance money or whatever. You say you know somebody who "would" know. All I am doing is reminding you of the law of the land regarding diffamation and spreading

false rumour with intent to denigrate the character of people.

I'm quite sure that the guys who run the club couldn't give a toss about what's said on this forum, unless it becomes too insistent and degrading and the club itself starts to suffer because of rumour and innuendo put about with just that purpose in mind. Then they might act, or they might not.

Who knows you might be perfectly right, half right or totally wrong.

There are certainly people who know just as much as you do about the internal workings of the club and the PlC,some of them post regularly but they are very measured in what they leak, if anything at all.

You would get a lot further if you stopped being quite so stroppy Window Cleaner. And I don't need to be reminded or lectured about "defamation" by someone who can not even spell the bloody word.

You would get a lot further if you stopped being quite so stroppy Window Cleaner. And I don't need to be reminded or lectured about "defamation" by someone who can not even spell the bloody word.

Sorry, slipped into the wrong language mode there.

English isn't my most used language most of the time, some times I slip in

the various forms and usages.I am also an abysmal typist.

Sorry, slipped into the wrong language mode there.

English isn't my most used language most of the time, some times I slip in

the various forms and usages.I am also an abysmal typist.

Fair enough Window Cleaner.

I have just been told that Skacel IS on a match by match appearance fee. I have been informed how much but the person who told me wants to double check on the figures before going public.

To be fair to Lowe/JP I have also been told that Skacel is being awkward and has an attitude along the lines "you didn't want me at the beginning of the season so why should I help you now" type of thing. All in all a bit of a mess.

Fair enough Window Cleaner.

I have just been told that Skacel IS on a match by match appearance fee. I have been informed how much but the person who told me wants to double check on the figures before going public.

To be fair to Lowe/JP I have also been told that Skacel is being awkward and has an attitude along the lines "you didn't want me at the beginning of the season so why should I help you now" type of thing. All in all a bit of a mess.

Fair enough, we're getting somewhere near the truth anyway it would seem.

Skacel had a villainous reputation at Hibs,after the honeymoon was over of course,he also left a lot of people very unimpressed by his attitude at Marseille

Skacel had a villainous reputation at Hibs,after the honeymoon was over of course,he also left a lot of people very unimpressed by his attitude at Marseille

I think you meant Hearts not Hibs WC.

On Saturday Skacel sat in the players lounge with a could not care less attitute. Some of the younger first team players are unhappy with his attitude.

He may feel hard done by but he is not helping himself.

I think you meant Hearts not Hibs WC.

On Saturday Skacel sat in the players lounge with a could not care less attitute. Some of the younger first team players are unhappy with his attitude.

He may feel hard done by but he is not helping himself.

But this is what I said when I was talking about Morgan yesterday.

Young players who are fired up and willing to play under most circumstance just can't understand these can't care less attitudes from senior pros, many of them look up to the older guys and it's not good for the youngsters to be around that sort of attitude.

Won't even mention money as it's not primordial for most of the young men---yet.

Why exactly does he feel hard done by? Is it this thing about asking Hertha for a fee again?

Normal 2 years contract, international =fee.

Edited by Window Cleaner

When all said and done and after hearing this news I think Skacel to be one of our biggest ever disappointments. Certainly due diligence was not done when it came to investigate his character before signing him. All part of the big £7m gamble I suppose.

I have no problems with Lowe/JP's decision to leave him out either for financial or discipline reasons but it would have been better if the fans had been kept a little more in the loop or at least as much as possible.

Most Hearts players such as Rudi have such a reputation at Hibs. Its called local rivalry. :)

The club have specifically denied that there is any issue over appearance money with Rudi. Now I'm not naive enough to believe every detail of what the club says publicly, but this is such a black and white factual matter that I can't see what they'd gain from telling a lie that could easily be proved to be a lie.

Can someone dig out that reply from the Club, because I have to say that when I read it, I thought it was fairly ambiguous.

It said something like "I am not aware of any contractual dispute involving Skacel", which was neither a denial or admission that he has appearance fees in his contract that someone deems prohibitive.

I certainly don't think the Club have specifically denied there is an issue over appearance fees and I keep hearing it is one of the reasons why he is not playing (the other being he is still ****5ed off at being fropzen out and then touted around to anyone who declared an interest in him in the close season).

Can someone dig out that reply from the Club, because I have to say that when I read it, I thought it was fairly ambiguous.

It said something like "I am not aware of any contractual dispute involving Skacel", which was neither a denial or admission that he has appearance fees in his contract that someone deems prohibitive.

I certainly don't think the Club have specifically denied there is an issue over appearance fees and I keep hearing it is one of the reasons why he is not playing (the other being he is still ****5ed off at being fropzen out and then touted around to anyone who declared an interest in him in the close season).

It did say he was available for selection and it was up to Jan