Skacel and John in squad tomorrow

NickG

I will be very surprised if Skacel gets a game.

As for john i expect if hes used it will be two minutes before time when we are four nil down.

Nah ,John will start. He wasn't back till Friday you know. If some of our "young stars" were whining about extra training on Thursday, how do you expect a guy to play on Saturday when he's just come back from the Caribbean the day before.

more likely than us being relegated by Christmas as on other thread!

We won`t be relegated by christmas but will be relegated unless

we make better use of the squad and get some experience in the team to help the kids,but it won`t happen as Lowe will not climb down and admit he has got it wrong.

How many teams in this league have ever played all young lads at the back?

I hazzard a guess at, none.

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

its far from pretty picture. I would happily wager that we won;t be relegated by Christmas - but that is hardly rose tinted glasses saying we are the best side going.

Please see my last post in other thread as to why I think we will be safe -not just at christmas but at end of season.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=80594&postcount=48

NickG

"Gaps opening up? We are 3 points clear of relegation zone -not a big gap, but 3 points the other way takes you to 16th -and interestingly Watford -but for a poor ref decison in first 5 mins could have been so different."

I'm F**king speechless.........:rolleyes:

at last! (you saw it differently did you? note "could" not "would")

Agree with the rest?

and you can hope for at least one of Svensson or Thomas at some stage

WHHOOOOPPPEEEEEE!!! :smt026:smt035\\:D/:smt041[-o<:supz::prayer:>

Actually, Thomas back would be great right now. He was very good with Cork against Brum in the cup.

We also need Euell and John back badly.

:smt117

Lol at people looking towards Euell to be our saviour :rolleyes:

Admittedly NP got him playing well enough, but all this total football malarky is a different kettle of fish :D

I've thought all along if anybody could fit into this system then it would have been Rudi, but somewhere along the lines it seems destined not to happen :(

It would be very interesting to hear Rudi's version of events, and even a hint from the OS would be progress :mad:

As for tonights game, I really do fear what an in form BT and a wily old adversary in Gary Speed (who must be relishing the thought of every cross coming in so that he can add to his 100 goals with 25 different clubs against us :cool:) will do to us.

If Skacel plays I will be very surprised because every appearance he makes for us is financially costly and we will have to be in a helluva hole for Lowe to sanction him turning out.

I am sceptical about this theory, suspect it is a forum urban myth

I am sceptical about this theory, suspect it is a forum urban myth

Still if Long Shot knows the actually figure he might as well tell us

Seems since he bumped into Fulthorpe at the Doncaster betting booth he knows a whole lot of things about a whole lot of stuff.

We should always welcome posters who have seen the light on the road to Damascus,or in his case the stairway to the betting stall.

Maybe Rupes has woken up and smelled the coffee and will start to play the experienced players!

I think its more than coffee he is begining to smell. I think the Watford result has acted as an effective laxative, and if Lowe is spotted around the stadium in his training shorts again, it's because his suit and pants are in the wash.

Tis true then.

STERN John will return to the Saints side tonight hoping for a repeat performance of his last match against Sheffield United..................

..............Another experienced head in Rudi Skacel will also be back in the reckoning and challenging for his first appearance of the season.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/3777086.Same_again_please_Stern/

If Skacel plays I will be very surprised because every appearance he makes for us is financially costly and we will have to be in a helluva hole for Lowe to sanction him turning out.

This story that Lowe won't permit us to play Skacel because of appearane money keeps re-surfacing. The club have specifically denied that there is any issue over appearance money with Rudi. Now I'm not naive enough to believe every detail of what the club says publicly, but this is such a black and white factual matter that I can't see what they'd gain from telling a lie that could easily be proved to be a lie.

So those that believe this, please what is the figure and what is your source? Or else, can we stop saying it?

K.

This story that Lowe won't permit us to play Skacel because of appearane money keeps re-surfacing. The club have specifically denied that there is any issue over appearance money with Rudi. Now I'm not naive enough to believe every detail of what the club says publicly, but this is such a black and white factual matter that I can't see what they'd gain from telling a lie that could easily be proved to be a lie.

So those that believe this, please what is the figure and what is your source? Or else, can we stop saying it?

K.

You'll either not get an answer, or it'll be Rudi told me himself last week (which he certainly didn't) or it'll be the usual old "my sister's,boyfriend's mum's,auntie's,cousin took a taxi to the RSH last week and the driver told her that his brother's wife's niece's boss knows Rudi's dustman who said that he wasn't playing because of appearance money. Other than that the would be 'takeoverers" are showing their usual discretion again.

Still if Long Shot knows the actually figure he might as well tell us

Seems since he bumped into Fulthorpe at the Doncaster betting booth he knows a whole lot of things about a whole lot of stuff.

We should always welcome posters who have seen the light on the road to Damascus,or in his case the stairway to the betting stall.

Window Cleaner - JF did not tell me hardly anything about the internal happenings at the club, the 5 minutes I spent in his company I was more intent on finding out his latest plans re takeovers etc. Plus I emphasised how fed up the fans were with all this speculation and promises.

Have just sent a message to try and find out more exact details of Skacel's situation. All I was told by someone who would know was his absence was due to financial considerations - now whether that is because he is on appearance money or there is a trigger coming up I don't know. Maybe I will find out later today.

Edited by Long Shot

Whats the point of being in the squad then ?

I can imagine it being like this.

Rupert: Well Rudi, how are you looking

Rudi Sh!te

Rupert: Well we all know you want to leave but no-one wants you, still as you're not playing it's no surprise

Rudi: I want to play but you don't want to pay me

Rupert: Yes but you only want to play because you want more money, everybody knows that your agent asked Hibs to let you leave for a million quid a few days after you signed a new contract because West Ham wanted to pay you more.

Rudi: You'd have to ask my agent about that

Rupert: I have and he says you want to leave

Rudi Well If he says that I must want to leave then,any chance of a game?

Rupert: Only if you knock down the appearance money

Rudi : You'll have to talk to my agent about that.

Rupert: Be a seeing you Rudi.

Window Cleaner - JF did not tell me hardly anything about the internal happenings at the club, the 5 minutes I spent in his company I was more intent on finding out his latest plans re takeovers etc. Plus I emphasised how fed up the fans were with all this speculation and promises.

Have just sent a message to try and find out more exact details of Skacel's situation. All I was told by someone who would know was his absence was due to financial considerations - now whether that is becaise he is on appearance money or there is a trigger coming up I don't know. Maybe I will find out later today.

well don't forget to let us know then.

I'm sure someone who reads this board knows the real answer.

Make sure you reply with due consideration of this fact.

Good. Still think well get stuffed though.

Don't see what difference it'll make myself, unless we get any more penalties

that is. Changing Smith for Gillet and Robertson for John won't move our counter many squares on the snakes and ladders board.

I suppose Perry will come back to partner Lancashire with Cork,Gillett,Wotton and Surman in midfield. Lallana and John in attack. Just don't see that it will change much.It could be that Cork drops back to RB and Surman goes back to LB leaving Skacel space in midfield. As I have absolutely no realistic idea about Skacel's fitness or state of mind I don't know whether that's a viable possibility or not.We really do need more bite and poise in midfield though. I might even drop Lallana and see if we can't introduce a bit more rigour in

the last 3rd of the pitch.

Don't see what difference it'll make myself, unless we get any more penalties

that is. Changing Smith for Gillet and Robertson for John won't move our counter many squares on the snakes and ladders board.

I suppose Perry will come back to partner Lancashire with Cork,Gillett,Wotton and Surman in midfield. Lallana and John in attack. Just don't see that it will change much.It could be that Cork drops back to RB and Surman goes back to LB leaving Skacel space in midfield. As I have absolutely no realistic idea about Skacel's fitness or state of mind I don't know whether that's a viable possibility or not.We really do need more bite and poise in midfield though. I might even drop Lallana and see if we can't introduce a bit more rigour in

the last 3rd of the pitch.

Basically your saying that your as clueless as the rest of us to know where to begin.

I'd start with a solid back four, but can't name one.

Basically your saying that your as clueless as the rest of us to know where to begin.

I'd start with a solid back four, but can't name one.

Not really, I think everybody is just as clueless given the make up of our squad

and the players not available.

It's obvious that we've got to toughen up that back 4, probably by shipping out James and Mills. Perry doesn't really impress me without a very solid partner

alongside him.He looked far better with Lucketti than with Powell.

I am personally of the opinion that without Morgan our midfield is totally classless.Grafters all but not one genuinely gifted player, and that includes Surman.Lallana isn't scoring and isn't setting others up so I'd give him a rest.

Jan won't though and the team will probably resemble my first draft.

If you see what I mean that is.It's just moving counters round the board on a seemingly trial and error basis because no one is consistent or without reproach.