Reserves v Brighton

trousers

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=10778

"French pair, Morgan Schneiderlin and Romain Gasmi are also expected to get some much needed game time as they make a step closer to returning to first team action."

I've a gut feeling that these guys playing together will be a key factor in our success this season. First outing for them together in Saints colours tonight

Who is Boyle (second from the end of the list)?

Only Boyle I can find going thru saints archives is a Lee Boyle who was involved in the youth team of Villa around the same time as McG and Bale were in ours. Don't know if any of our real youngsters have that surname though.

Patrick Boyle

00055A7B-B122-1225-975280BFB6FA0000.jpg

Position: Defender

Squad Number: 29

Date of Birth: 20/03/1987

Birth Place: Glasgow

Former clubs: N/A

Primarily a left back, Paddy is a versatile youngster, who can also play centre half or in midfield.

Having worked his way through the Everton youth academy, Paddy has progressed to the fringes of the first team, following an impressive run of form for the reserves.

Indeed, he was named as a substitute in the FA Cup fourth round tie against Premiership champions Chelsea at Goodison in January 2006.

Recognition of his form for the Blues has come in the shape of Scotland under 19 honours.

Boyle had a brief loan spell with Norwich City at the start of the 2006/2007 term but spent the remainder of the season quietly, making just one appearance for the Blues' reserve side.

bbc_sport_logo.gif 13 Feb 08 14:59

Crewe extend Everton man's loan

_44424551_patrickboyle203.jpg

Crewe Alexandra have extended the loan of defender Patrick Boyle from Everton for another month. The full-back, 20, arrived from Goodison Park in January and has made six starts for the Railwaymen.

First-team coach Steve Holland told BBC Radio Stoke: "We're really pleased Everton have allowed Patrick to stay with us. He's improving every game."

The extension of Boyle's stay in South Cheshire provides the Alex with cover for injured left-back Billy Jones.

A disappointing result in a game where a draw would of been a fair result which we would of got had White not ballooned it over the bar from 3 1/2 feet!

This was Saints back to their sloppy worst where good build up play was wasted by sloppy passing and poor final ball. Everyone was a culprit tonite and the only player that can feel satisfied with their performance was Immudia who was outstanding.

Pekhart started up front with Paterson playing deeper and this did not work at all and the shocking Pekhart was replaced at half time by what looked like a 15 year old ...called Jack Boyle who looked useful.

Paterson battled well but was outfought by the very strong Brighton defence - I would send the scouts watching their right back who looked very strong. Also Jake Robinson the Brighton number 9 looked very good as well.

The Brighton goal was a result of a shocking pass by Morgan straight to their forward who smashed it into the top corner.

Bart looked far better than the last time I saw him play with some good saves from close range.

A very frustrating game where we went forward really well then ruined all the good stuff with poor final ball.

Gasmi came on with about 30 minutes left and very hard to appraise him but will take time to settle and show what he can do.

I spoke with Wayne Thomas who was there on crutches and had his operation to repair his cruciate and will be out for 7 months.

A disappointing result in a game where a draw would of been a fair result which we would of got had White not ballooned it over the bar from 3 1/2 feet!

This was Saints back to their sloppy worst where good build up play was wasted by sloppy passing and poor final ball. Everyone was a culprit tonite and the only player that can feel satisfied with their performance was Immudia who was outstanding.

Pekhart started up front with Paterson playing deeper and this did not work at all and the shocking Pekhart was replaced at half time by what looked like a 15 year old ...called Jack Boyle who looked useful.

Paterson battled well but was outfought by the very strong Brighton defence - I would send the scouts watching their right back who looked very strong. Also Jake Robinson the Brighton number 9 looked very good as well.

The Brighton goal was a result of a shocking pass by Morgan straight to their forward who smashed it into the top corner.

Bart looked far better than the last time I saw him play with some good saves from close range.

A very frustrating game where we went forward really well then ruined all the good stuff with poor final ball.

Gasmi came on with about 30 minutes left and very hard to appraise him but will take time to settle and show what he can do.

I spoke with Wayne Thomas who was there on crutches and had his operation to repair his cruciate and will be out for 7 months.

Thanks Ron - appreciate the report back despite the lack of positives

Just home from the match, Brighton scored after about 15 mins TBH we could have been 3 down at half time but for a couple of smart stops by Bart and some poor finishing by Brighton. We did not have a shot of any merit in the first half. Second half was poor with both sides not making any headway. Bart nearly got caught out when he thought a shot was going over but it came back off the bar. The game passed Euell by and he was replaced by the Gas Man no one stood out.

Thomas looks as though he is going to be out for a long time as he is on crutches and not able to put weight on his right foot.

One thing that I was a bit taken aback by was JP eating burgers from the burger van (yes I did have one) along with acadamy players.

[quote=Toomer;83) The game passed Euell by and he was replaced by the Gas Man no one stood out.

One thing that I was a bit taken aback by was JP eating burgers from the burger van (yes I did have one) along with acadamy players.

Considering Euell has been out for some time I thought he did Ok - his final ball was as bad as the others but that was down to lack of games.

Funny you said that about JP as I did not recognise him at first because thats the first time I have seen a manager do that here and didn't believe it was him at first.

It funny I have watched the reserves for years on that side and was thinking how many managers have come and gone into that canteen past me on reserve games..have known them all until tonight.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=10778

"French pair, Morgan Schneiderlin and Romain Gasmi are also expected to get some much needed game time as they make a step closer to returning to first team action."

I've a gut feeling that these guys playing together will be a key factor in our success this season. First outing for them together in Saints colours tonight

I've just dropped my guts...and they agree with yours...

EUELL was at his usual standard, wouldn't have found a saints player with a pass if he had played all night ... Absolutely poor, as a senior player you expect more, but he has been out for a while.... If he plays this badly he wont play again either..

only cos Lowe won't let JP not because JP is choosing what he thinks is the team that will perform best!;)