Public Sector Pensions - Today's Times

JackanorySFC

nice little vid there dune...at the start I got the impression the youths were up for a right old verbal tear up...then they actually liked what he said

He speaks sense. It's as simple as that.

Far too many politicians nowadays have self interest at the core of their actions. Nigel is an honest conviction politician and he understands that far from uniting Europe, the EU is now dividing Europe. These are his comments this week.

on the matter of Europe and the general unrest/problems in the EU...Mr Farage is spot on...

To the average German in the early 1930's, on matters of the economy , Europe, and the 'general unrest', Hitler was 'spot on'. Farage is just a political chancer who is placing himself in a position to ride the crest of the wave he thinks is coming into view.

To the average German in the early 1930's, on matters of the economy , Europe, and the 'general unrest', Hitler was 'spot on'. Farage is just a political chancer who is placing himself in a position to ride the crest of the wave he thinks is coming into view.

really...hitler...farage..?

christ

and pockets £2m a year in doing so.

really...hitler...farage..?

christ

Xenophobia & isolationism, so yes Hitler, ( when he was elected to the Reichstag he didn't do it on a platform of 'lets' have a holocaust' and 'free holidays in the Ukraine for every able bodied man' ), and Farage can be compared.

Xenophobia & isolationism, so yes Hitler, ( when he was elected to the Reichstag he didn't do it on a platform of 'lets' have a holocaust' and 'free holidays in the Ukraine for every able bodied man' ), and Farage can be compared.

wow....I guess we can now relate any modern day politician to hilter or any other despot to make a point

wow....I guess we can now relate any modern day politician to hilter or any other despot to make a point

It's all about finding which levers you can pull to manipulate the electorate into believing you have THEIR best interests at heart, when in fact you are building your own powerbase from which to stake your claim to the Imperial throne. As the Romans put it: 'Bread and Circuses'. Hitler was, and Farage is deluded enough to think he might be, a consumate politician.

It's all about finding which levers you can pull to manipulate the electorate into believing you have THEIR best interests at heart, when in fact you are building your own powerbase from which to stake your claim to the Imperial throne. As the Romans put it: 'Bread and Circuses'. Hitler was, and Farage is deluded enough to think he might be, a consumate politician.

You've just described the typical behavior of every politician I've ever known - are they all comparable to Hitler or just the ones you don't like ?

im sure if anyone could be bothered....(dune..?) could quickly list a few traits that would make you think milliband and balls were himler and hitler incarnate

im sure if anyone could be bothered....(dune..?) could quickly list a few traits that would make you think milliband and balls were himler and hitler incarnate

The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists.

Winston Churchill.

Comrade Badger is a perfect illustration of this.

You've just described the typical behavior of every politician I've ever known - are they all comparable to Hitler or just the ones you don't like ?

It's amazing how people completely miss the point when it's convenient to do so. This has nothing to do with Hitler the tyrant. Farage is a Little Englander with a phobia of Europeans, and has hung his hat on a certain peg in the hope of garnering support from those parts of the electorate who are easily manipulated, ( as Dunce would put it 'sheeple' ). Hitler, in the 1920's and 1930's manipulated the deep underlying nationalistic sentiments of the Volk and built on their aspiration for a Greater Germany. It was exactly the same sort of political smoke and mirrors. The fact that he had a personal ulterior motive was kept hidden - do you honestly think he would have got elected on a platform of invading Poland and Russia ? A similar trick was perpetrated on the British electorate by Tony Bliar, who like all other politicians before and since, stood up and promised one thing, then proceeded to deliver something completely different. The current lot have taken it to the extreme by delivering a complete Government that wasn't even presented as an option on the ballot paper.

And for the record I hold all politicians equally in the same low esteem, regardless of the colour of the ribbon they sport - after all, even WSC was self serving enough to switch sides when it suited him.

The NAZI anthem is actually a really stirring piece of music.

Here's yours you Commie bastard.

I prefer this one, you fascist pig !

Or even this

( Come to think of it, the communist Russian anthem is soooo much better than that bloody dirge God Save the Queen )

Edited by badgerx16
Can't use a rude word to refer to Lilibet, can we you naughty naughty boy !

Has anyone ever been to Gibraltar? It's an absolute sh*thole. And nobody has ever heard of customer service there.

I love the place. The fact that it's little piece of Empire that is loyal to the core. The people are also really friendly.

I'm actually staying there this year before visiting Spain and staying before returning.

I'd thoroughly recomend it and can't wait to visit the siege tunnels which have recently opened.

It's amazing how people completely miss the point when it's convenient to do so. This has nothing to do with Hitler the tyrant. Farage is a Little Englander with a phobia of Europeans, and has hung his hat on a certain peg in the hope of garnering support from those parts of the electorate who are easily manipulated, ( as Dunce would put it 'sheeple' ). Hitler, in the 1920's and 1930's manipulated the deep underlying nationalistic sentiments of the Volk and built on their aspiration for a Greater Germany. It was exactly the same sort of political smoke and mirrors. The fact that he had a personal ulterior motive was kept hidden - do you honestly think he would have got elected on a platform of invading Poland and Russia ? A similar trick was perpetrated on the British electorate by Tony Bliar, who like all other politicians before and since, stood up and promised one thing, then proceeded to deliver something completely different. The current lot have taken it to the extreme by delivering a complete Government that wasn't even presented as an option on the ballot paper.

And for the record I hold all politicians equally in the same low esteem, regardless of the colour of the ribbon they sport - after all, even WSC was self serving enough to switch sides when it suited him.

If you really think Hitler's "ulterior motives" were in any way kept hidden from public view then you've obviously never studied 'Mein Kampf' which (if memory serves) was filled with vile antisemitism and a pathological hatred of Communism. Genocide and invading 'Mother Russia' may not have been explicitly detailed but that assumes these policy's were fully thought out in the first place - my reading of the chaotic administration of Nazi Germany leads me to question that assumption. I recommend you view Laurence Rees's superb TV series "The Nazies - a Warning from History" or the read books of Sir Ian Kershaw.

As for the NSDAP's 1933 election victory I seem to recall they got about 30% of the popular vote - so he didn't quite 'fool' everyone did he ?

Your comparison between what was certainly one of the great criminal's of world history and a minor politician who as far as I'm aware has never harmed so much as a fly is simplistic if not absurd - little short of character assassination in fact. Indeed this type of argument demeans its author and insults the memory of the real victims of fascism.

Your comparison between what was certainly one of the great criminal's of world history and a minor politician who as far as I'm aware has never harmed so much as a fly is simplistic if not absurd - little short of character assassination in fact. Indeed this type of argument demeans its author and insults the memory of the real victims of fascism.

It's the sort of comment one expects of Badger. Well said Charlie.

Yes, but you are quite a hateful person so you are probably judging them against yourself.

Well if they don't like you they go up in my estimations even more. I'd suggest this shows good judgement on their part.

If you really think Hitler's "ulterior motives" were in any way kept hidden from public view then you've obviously never studied 'Mein Kampf' which (if memory serves) was filled with vile antisemitism and a pathological hatred of Communism. Genocide and invading 'Mother Russia' may not have been explicitly detailed but that assumes these policy's were fully thought out in the first place - my reading of the chaotic administration of Nazi Germany leads me to question that assumption. I recommend you view Laurence Rees's superb TV series "The Nazies - a Warning from History" or the read books of Sir Ian Kershaw.

As for the NSDAP's 1933 election victory I seem to recall they got about 30% of the popular vote - so he didn't quite 'fool' everyone did he ?

Well thought out response.

The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists.

Winston Churchill.

Comrade Badger is a perfect illustration of this.

Churchill also said that those who endlessly quote others are idiots. Wise words even if he refused to take the salute from my great grandad after the war for being the Merchant Navy

To you dunce, the fact Churchill once said this must be the same as if MLT told me I was **** a football. I'd be gutted