Nigel Adkins - top man

Kaiser Soze

Met Nige after the game on Saturday and I must say, what a nice bloke. Even being p1ssed up talking absolute cr/p he still took a good ten minutes out to have a chat and have a couple of photos etc. Have met a few of his predecessors before and they've always had an chip on their shoulder, nice to meet a SFC manager with some time for your average fan.

He may have mentioned something about a couple of new signings but I was intoxicated to remember. He understands the value of the derby games next year and thinks the support the club has is completely different class. Top man.

I met Nigel Pearson,when we were invited to take some service users(Autistic youngsters) to a training session,He was so very accomodating with the time spent with myself and the people i took.

Gave us a tour of Staplewood and posed for photos,along with the players also i might add.

Extremely personable.

Top man.

I met Nigel Pearson,when we were invited to take some service users(Autistic youngsters) to a training session,He was so very accomodating with the time spent with myself and the people i took.

Gave us a tour of Staplewood and posed for photos,along with the players also i might add.

Extremely personable.

Top man.

Must be something about Nigels involved with us.

I think i'm right in saying we won the league in Adkins' time here last season, considering the state we were in when he arrived, thats all you need to say, ****ing love him.

The time Adkins spent here doesnt win the league, the whole season does so no we didnt 'win the league'.

The time Adkins spent here doesnt win the league, the whole season does so no we didnt 'win the league'.

Given that people were taking 6 or 7 games out of context last year to show how 'disappointing' our season has beeen and that we did not have a cats hell in getting promoted, I think Vershinin made his point well. Beside - it was about adkins record not the season.

Extremely personable.

Top man.

Indeed. I met him after a game away to Wolves. He was a top man and made time to talk to us. As did BWP, Kelvin Davis and Jason Dodd.

I bumped into NA when doing a SMS tour with his Mum & Dad. NA took a photo of them on his phone and I think I was in the background. He took time to say hello to everyone in the party and shook my hand when I wished him luck with the game. Seemed to me to be a perfectly ordinary, well adjusted and likeable chap who obviously commands great respect from his players. His Mum and Dad were very pleasant too. (:

All this talking up our Nige but at the end of the day he has been in the building for a year now and we still have not won the Champions League. We should have been on the party bus a long time ago. Its not good enough. What's he ever done for us? And he's got a great set up with great players and a great sports science unit all pulling in the same direction. Its as simple as that.

A guy at work bumped into him when he was at Sainsburys awhile back. My mate had his kid with him who is a huge Saints fan and pointed him out. The kid asked if he could go and ask for his autograph and my mate said something like he is doing his shopping he probably doesn't want to be disturbed etc.

Adkins obviously overheard it and said "no it's alright" and had a quick chat with him and gave him an autograph.

Huge respect to Adkins for that as i am sure he get's those kinda things wherever he goes. To a little 10 year old Saints fan obviously it would mean a lot. Top top bloke.

A guy at work bumped into him when he was at Sainsburys awhile back. My mate had his kid with him who is a huge Saints fan and pointed him out. The kid asked if he could go and ask for his autograph and my mate said something like he is doing his shopping he probably doesn't want to be disturbed etc.

Adkins obviously overheard it and said "no it's alright" and had a quick chat with him and gave him an autograph.

Huge respect to Adkins for that as i am sure he get's those kinda things wherever he goes. To a little 10 year old Saints fan obviously it would mean a lot. Top top bloke.

and good to see that he shops in an up-market supermarket. It wouldn't be right to have our manager shop where the pikes shop like Tesco and Asda. Maybe when we get back in the Prem he can shop at Waitrose.

and good to see that he shops in an up-market supermarket. It wouldn't be right to have our manager shop where the pikes shop like Tesco and Asda. Maybe when we get back in the Prem he can shop at Waitrose.

Lol sainsburys upmarket has I have worked at the place a lot of the food is the same has Tesco and Asda just different packageing on them and higher prices for customers who have more money than sense.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Lol sainsburys upmarket has I have worked at the place a lot of the food is the same has Tesco and Asda just different packageing on them and higher prices for customers who have more money than sense.

Not true. Tescos own label food is utter, utter, utter carp. I bought some of their mince a year ago and it was inedible. Sainsburys own label food is better quality, no doubt about it. Tescos have cut so much to the bone that the product is just puke.

Incorrect.

As 1976_Child implied, different supermarkets specify different recipes for their own brand produce. I provide technical support to one of the largest food producers in the UK who have baking, preserves, cooking sauces, canning and other products in their portfolio. The constituents within every single product they make are different, even the seemingly identical 'value' products they put forward to the supermarkets. You have to be careful. For example, the difference in quantity of tomato paste in differing brands of tomato ketchup is quite staggering.

Not sure whether he has since joining saints but NA used to take his summer holidays onboard Thomson Cruise ships. He and his family were open and friendly and got on with everyone around. Having written every quiz onboard a Thomson ship I can you tell you there are more questions about Saints than you can shake a stick at! Maybe Nigel was influenced by the amount of references to Le God and just had to join us. This year I even managed to slip one in about him...I hope he got it right. Top man.

Maybe but I.be seen products delivered by mistake mean.t for Tesco.Asda mixed in with sainsburys products and know its the same supplier and wine we sell at 8;99 available at 3;49 at aldi according to a wine magazine also the milk is 1;58 but is the same supplier at lidl who charge a 1.00 only decent upmarket store is m and spencers

Met Nige after the game on Saturday and I must say, what a nice bloke. Even being p1ssed up talking absolute cr/p he still took a good ten minutes out to have a chat and have a couple of photos etc. Have met a few of his predecessors before and they've always had an chip on their shoulder, nice to meet a SFC manager with some time for your average fan.

Personally I'm disappointed to hear he was ****ed up and talking crap, particularly just after a game.

Incorrect.

As 1976_Child implied, different supermarkets specify different recipes for their own brand produce. I provide technical support to one of the largest food producers in the UK who have baking, preserves, cooking sauces, canning and other products in their portfolio. The constituents within every single product they make are different, even the seemingly identical 'value' products they put forward to the supermarkets. You have to be careful. For example, the difference in quantity of tomato paste in differing brands of tomato ketchup is quite staggering.

yes your right on some products but a vast majority are made for all supermarkets are the same and the biggest difference is the packaging and a nicer looking package can sell more than a plain one.

yes your right on some products but a vast majority are made for all supermarkets are the same and the biggest difference is the packaging and a nicer looking package can sell more than a plain one.

Even milk can vary though. The pasteurisation, filtration and homogenisation processes tend to be the main factors. Even if the milk itself comes from the same source (moo.....) it can still be treated in very, very different ways.

There are one or two food resellers that insist on Milk having some added extras to help the taste. McDonalds for example.

I'm not that sure about wine though, I could imagine that branding can have a better effect on it's saleability.

Edited by Colinjb

Even milk can vary though. The pasteurisation and homogenisation processes tend to be the main factors. Even if the milk itself comes from the same source (moo.....) it can still be treated in very, very different ways,
or more likely the milk at certain supermarkets have a bigger mark up for their profits lol

Extremely personable.

Top man.

I used to be in that line of work - still volunteer on the odd Saturday - and my god I miss it! Loads of fun and very rewarding! I never got to go on a trip around Staplewood, mind!

Extremely personable.

Top man.

Always thought NP was like that never should of been sacked good results on and off the pitch, seems to me NC wants this sort of person to be here long term at the club and thats why i think he chose NA knowing he would deliver on the pitch and off it without causing bad press to the club, glad to here NA is the same and a nice bloke i saw him in winchester but didnt have the balls to speak to him.

Even milk can vary though. The pasteurisation, filtration and homogenisation processes tend to be the main factors. Even if the milk itself comes from the same source (moo.....) it can still be treated in very, very different ways.

There are one or two food resellers that insist on Milk having some added extras to help the taste. McDonalds for example.

I'm not that sure about wine though, I could imagine that branding can have a better effect on it's saleability.

did you see the program on bbc 3 about food food psychology when they put heinz baked beans in a cheap label tin and got people to rate it against heinz beans and even though they were the same 16 chose heinz 3 said the other was cheap and nasty and only one got it right that they were same.i think this morning did the same with wine.

did you see the program on bbc 3 about food food psychology when they put heinz baked beans in a cheap label tin and got people to rate it against heinz beans and even though they were the same 16 chose heinz 3 said the other was cheap and nasty and only one got it right that they were same.i think this morning did the same with wine.

I have seen similar, extremely interesting stuff. All the effort that can go into product only for it to be secondary to the colour of the label.

That's so fascinating and so relevent to the thread.

I have seen similar, extremely interesting stuff. All the effort that can go into product only for it to be secondary to the colour of the label.
i agree its a real eye opener on how the food industry use psychology to push certain products and ideas to the public and about how we respond to their products.

He may have mentioned something about a couple of new signings but I was intoxicated to remember. He understands the value of the derby games next year and thinks the support the club has is completely different class. Top man.

i too met him on dec 11 last year on a tour of ground ,40th birthday bash with grub and booze in one of the suites, me and brother chatted to him for a good 10 mins while in the changing room, he took time to thank us for coming and supporting while also showed us how his team talks were staged etc, what a real nice bloke too many footy peps forget their fanbase and he was good enough to spare some time so close to kick off, hope he gets us to where we all want to go.