Jay Rodriguez - Signs on a 4 Year Deal

patred44

AGREED! that comes from so much time ignoring us for the past season or two....

Not really. Six million quid is a "significant chunk" of any small-medium Premier league clubs transfer budget. You don't need to know anything about Saints finances to say that.

Just a lod of grizzling divs on this forum with a persecution complex about the evil media.

I was on holiday last week and on Monday I went to the bar to watch the England v France game wearing my saints shirt. At half time a guy came over and started talking to me turns out he claims to be a burnley season ticket holder and friend of the Rodriguez family. He said "you've got yourself a good'un there lad Jay Rod is pure class" he went on to describe his attributes saying that great first touch, intelligent football brain, quick turn of pace without being "johnno quick" confident said to get 20 goals for them last year with their lack of creativity was a great feat. He reckons that the deal was around £5m upfront £500k on 1st england cap, further £500k after 10 caps and £500k if we retain prem status next season.

Interestingly he said that the burnley fans are **** scared that we would be going back in for Trippier who he rates as their best player by a mile and as much potential as Jay Rod.

On Cork, Chaplow and Fox he thinks Fox will get caught out defensively in the prem and Cork to be a bit part player as not good enough for the prem. He was gutted they didn't get Chappers as he said we are silly to play him on the right as he is an out and out cm and he was hoping football week in week out would have convinced him to go back to burnley.

Some interesting observations from the Burnley chap there wmsaint. Don't disagree regarding Fox, time will tell about Cork but not sure Chaplow in the prem, cm or out wide.

Perhaps we should go back for Trippier, just to **** Eddie, and the Burnley & Boscombe Athletic fans off once more.

AGREED! that comes from so much time ignoring us for the past season or two....

Half the press didn't even realise we were bought out by a billionaire for at least a year after we were saved. Some of them still don't know. All because we are considered a small club and we've been outside the Premier League.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice article on OS about JRod. Corky and Lambo bigging him up.

Noticed the article refers to "Club record undisclosed bid" which correct me if I am wrong but this is the 1st time club have been open about breaking transfer record. I think they used "substantial" at time announcing the signing.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~2827453,00.html

Nice article on OS about JRod. Corky and Lambo bigging him up.

Noticed the article refers to "Club record undisclosed bid" which correct me if I am wrong but this is the 1st time club have been open about breaking transfer record. I think they used "substantial" at time announcing the signing.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~2827453,00.html

I thought it came across as a bit forced to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...