Jay Rodriguez - Signs on a 4 Year Deal

patred44

There is a lengthy interview with him at the same spot on Saints Player to be fair.

There

Bare with me, i'm adjusting my position slowly. Those images were clearly photoshopped because they don't look right. Maybe the scarf is the actual scarf, but after the photographer has messed around with the images they don't look right.

Bare with me, i'm adjusting my position slowly. Those images were clearly photoshopped because they don't look right. Maybe the scarf is the actual scarf, but after the photographer has messed around with the images they don't look right.

You been hacked? Spelling and grammatical mistakes and the hint of a reverse gear??! :rolleyes:

Only on SaintsWeb can a thread about a new signing, turn into a discussion about whether the photo was photoshopped...

I can't be the only one who thinks dune is a fake WUM account sometimes.

Anyway, welcome to Saints Jay... I genuinely haven't seen enough of him to really know what he'll bring but look forward to seeing what he can do.

0,,10280~10935455,00.jpg

:lol:

Is photoshoping on scarves "the southampton way"?

Even the background is photoshopped behind his body.

Yeah, and the photo on twitter of a bloke looking exactly like that surrounded by photographers taken from out of a hotel window just before the official news was photoshopped as well...

Overwhelming consensus of other fans seems to be that we've overpayed for young Rodriguez. Don't get me wrong I'm very excited by him but we may have to lower the expectations a 6million pound fee has set. He won't lose much value at least over the next years of his contract being young and English.

Overwhelming consensus of other fans seems to be that we've overpayed for young Rodriguez. Don't get me wrong I'm very excited by him but we may have to lower the expectations a 6million pound fee has set. He won't lose much value at least over the next years of his contract being young and English.

Rodriguez £6-£7m

Connor Wickham £10m

Who has over paid?

Great signing. Welcome to Saints JR. This tells the Premier League we mean business.
That got me thinking about a song for him, I cannot do lyrics, but with those initials the tune could be the one used for the U.S. Soap Dallas, thinking about it, forget it, stupid idea, put it down to Monday morning, sorry guys.

Premier League fans (who won't have a clue who he is) or Championship fans (who just aren't used to clubs spending that kind of money) ?

0,,10280~10935455,00.jpg

:lol:

Is photoshoping on scarves "the southampton way"?

Even the background is photoshopped behind his body.

I'll suspend disbelief for a moment and make like you actually believe this and aren't just on a wind-up. Remind me what do you do for a living?

Having worked as a graphic designer for getting on for 15 years, alongside many photographers and retouchers, I can tell you that definitely ain't a retouch job. The rather odd look to the scarf is caused by the same thing that's making JRod himself look a bit superimposed. They've got him stood beneath a tree on a dull day with no decent natural light and as a result the background is slightly dull. I think the photographer's used fill-in flash which has brightened him up but also removed many of the shadows and this flattened some of the detail.

I'm sure a photographer will be along and explain it properly should you wish. In the meantime you can sit back and grin as you get another bite, unfortunately I couldn't resist.

I'll suspend disbelief for a moment and make like you actually believe this and aren't just on a wind-up. Remind me what do you do for a living?

Having worked as a graphic designer for getting on for 15 years, alongside many photographers and retouchers, I can tell you that definitely ain't a retouch job. The rather odd look to the scarf is caused by the same thing that's making JRod himself look a bit superimposed. They've got him stood beneath a tree on a dull day with no decent natural light and as a result the background is slightly dull. I think the photographer's used fill-in flash which has brightened him up but also removed many of the shadows and this flattened some of the detail.

I'm sure a photographer will be along and explain it properly should you wish. In the meantime you can sit back and grin as you get another bite, unfortunately I couldn't resist.

But don't WUMs try at least a little bit not to look like complete dumbasses? Unfortunately, I think the poor little mite actually believes it.

Anyway, I can't wait to see JR and Lambert rip a few defences apart.

like Nugent's value? If he doesn't score goals at this level his value will fall significantly. Fingers crossed he has was it takes, not seen enough of him to make me certain.

Just wanted to point out that I was only 7.5 hours from glory in the "Date of the First Signing Sweepstake", which is now locked and long forgotten. No one had Sunday. I have no idea who we should or shouldn't sign, and admit it, but when it's going to happen is a different matter.

adkins likes is forwards.

thats 3 this year alone

It appears that way, but when you go through half of a season with Guly up front, you know you need strikers. Don't get me wrong, Guly did a good job in a position unfamiliar to him, but we really needed another out and out striker signing in the summer. Fortunatley Lee and Sharp were signed and both propelled us to the Premier League.

I'm pleased with Rodriguez, he's obviously a talent as most Under 21 International players are. Now we need to make sure he finishes that transition from wonderkid to outstanding footballer for years to come. My only concern is he won't settle down here, and will soon want to be back up closer to his hometown, but we'll see. Sharp, Lambert, Rodriguez and Lee. Surely that's the striking department sorted for this summer?

Walter will speak about Turkish how he wishes. Walter will not be bullied by Geography Greenridge. Geography Greenridge needs to understand he is not dealing with on of his young pupils however much he wishes he was.

God you are boring - have you ever considered a life away from this forum?

So much waffle on twitter.

''If he's worth £7m, I'm worth £3m''

''He's not even worth half that''

''Jay..who? They paid £7m for who...?"

So many ignorant idiots out there. I doubt they've ever watched him play.

Yes, but is he 50% better than Rory Delap? ;)

Question is still valid. Adjusted for inflation, how much would £4m be in today's terms - certainly more than £6-7m.

$5.17m, according to official UK CPI figures.

Some people have some quite wild ideas about how inflation works. This isn't Germany in 1930!

That got me thinking about a song for him, I cannot do lyrics, but with those initials the tune could be the one used for the U.S. Soap Dallas, thinking about it, forget it, stupid idea, put it down to Monday morning, sorry guys.

If for no other reason, he wasnt born when Dallas was going.... ;)

I just got around to reading the Sky report on the signing. It contains this statement "The signing represents a significant chunk of Southampton's summer transfer budget". How can they possbly know that? Given the way that the club runs its financial affairs and the lack of miss-information until deals are completed. I cannot see how anyone would know what our transfer budget is?

I just got around to reading the Sky report on the signing. It contains this statement "The signing represents a significant chunk of Southampton's summer transfer budget". How can they possbly know that? Given the way that the club runs its financial affairs and the lack of miss-information until deals are completed. I cannot see how anyone would know what our transfer budget is?

They don't know what our budget is. They've merely gone with the 'newly promoted side that were in League One two seasons ago mustn't have much of a transfer budget' train of thought.

Before everyone starts getting themselves at it about lying journalists and people guessing our finances and belittling little ol' Southampton surely common sense dictates that a £6-£7m transfer fee would represent a signifcant chunk of any club of our sizes transfer budget? If we spend £20m, this fee would still be well over a quarter of our transfer budget, so a "significant chunk", yes?

£6m is a significant chunk whatever your budget is. Note they didnt say "the majority of"

£6m is a significant chunk whatever your budget is. Note they didnt say "the majority of"
You are correct, but I think they were implying it was the majority! I mean if we have a transfer budget like Man City, it buys the tea boy! Mind you having said that, the same could be said for the Skates budget a few seasons ago Ha Ha!