Jay Rodriguez - Signs on a 4 Year Deal

patred44

Radio Solent are reporting Burnley have accepted our offer of £5.5m for Jay Rod..

Can't blame them really, 5.5m for a largely unproven Division 2 striker is total madness, in my humble opinion. But not so mad when we have just received 12-15m for a largly unproven Division 3 17 year old. The world has gone mad.

I don't think Solent Twitter mentioned that £4.5m had been refused either so I would not read too much into that . I heard it had been mentioned on solent too (along the lines of it appears that Burnely have accepted... ...etc etc) but have not heard it myself. It is clear though that Burnley have had a bid for Danny Ings accepted for £1m so it could be a lead in to Jay moving.

From what I've heard, Sky Sports News are running with Newcastle have bid 8M for him, and it's been accepted. Damn you Pardew!

Will turn it on now to see.

They aren't i wouldn't bother turning on.

I'm kind of hoping that we tie up a deal for J-Rod that sees Forte going the other way. I just don't see where he fits in, and he seems a nice lad so if he's not getting a look in, we should let him go somewhere to compete for a starting spot. Not for a minute saying he's not good enough or done poorly for us (in fact, his two goals at home to MK Dons to turn around a 2-0 deficit was probably the biggest turning point in our season last year), but he's clearly down the pecking order.

Now let's think, which club/Manager would be best for Burnley to tout around as possibly in for the player to push the price up and push Cortese into a decision?! Yep, can't see NC wanting to lose out to the likes of Pardew can you? Having said that, there is no way on God's Earth that 'Jay Rod' is worth £8m - so if Pardew is willing to pay that then good luck to him.