Jay Rodriguez - Signs on a 4 Year Deal

patred44

Just check J Rod league stats for this season, 5 shots all off target, 0 on target.........last season 2nd in table with 64 & 55 respectively with 18 goals

Don't know what that tells us but thought I would mention it

does headers not count, as he certainly had one of them on target on Saturday. Tremendous save from the keeper to keep it out.

Radio Solent are reporting Burnley have accepted our offer of £5.5m for Jay Rod..

I have just listened to Radio Solent and it was not mentioned so in fact you have not heard it on Solent at all.

Well you are either going to look far superior to us lesser mortals if our offer has been accepted or a complete **** if he signs for someone else today

Gonna stick my head on the line here.

Before the Oxy deal we agreed two deals with other clubs.

The reason for the hold ups is because it's like buying a house I was told.

Now If we have biddedfor Jay Rod then I expect it has been agreed already and that Burnley today signed Ings for a million, replacement? I have no idea but I know that Cortese will not play the stupid game of bidding for a player until it reaches a ridiculous amount.

We have either enquired about Jay Rod weeks ago and moved on or the deal will be sealed in the next few days.

You might of heard Burnley say no bids yet blah blah but it's a game they play so other teams will think they too don't have money to spend.

I remember Daglish say last week that's it and then the next day they put a bid in for a Paddy.

Manager mind games I'm afraid.

As for the other bid I heard it was a Premiership player, could be Goryks who knows?

Edited by Pilchards

Now If we have bidder for Jay Rod then I expect it has been agreed already and that Burnley today signed Ings for a million, replacement? I have no idea but I know that Cortese will not play the stupid game of bidding for a player until it reaches a ridiculous amount.

We have either enquirer about Jay Rod weeks ago and moved on or the deal will be sealed in the next few days.

As for the other bid I heard it was a Premiership player, could be Goryks who knows?

This imho

Now If we have biddedfor Jay Rod then I expect it has been agreed already and that Burnley today signed Ings for a million, replacement? I have no idea but I know that Cortese will not play the stupid game of bidding for a player until it reaches a ridiculous amount.

We have either enquired about Jay Rod weeks ago and moved on or the deal will be sealed in the next few days.

You might of heard Burnley say no bids yet blah blah but it's a game they play so other teams will think they too don't have money to spend.

I remember Daglish say last week that's it and then the next day they put a bid in for a Paddy.

Manager mind games I'm afraid.

You know this or you're guessing this? Adkins did say t'other day that we had deals lined up and they'd happen irrespective of if AOC left or stayed.

You know this or you're guessing this? Adkins did say t'other day that we had deals lined up and they'd happen irrespective of if AOC left or stayed.

I know this!

It's funny really that the club did the deals before Oxy was sold as they knew the price would go up, we still have the money in the bank without the Oxy deal so a bid of 4-5 for Jay Rod is a possibility I'm sure.

So those deals where are they?

probably waiting for the other team to get replacements in.

Burnley got one in today and QPR got one in Friday, maybe it's them?

Burnley club spokesman in the last few minutes...

Jay is not for sale!! There have been NO more bids for over a week and NO contact from elsewhere! #twitterclarets #clarets

9 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

In response to the BBC Solent "rumour" that never happened...

if they are reporting that, they are sadly mistaken or, at worst, misleading their fans.

9 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Time for the thread to close.

You REALLY believed (as opposed to hoped) that there was even a small chance that AOC wasn't going to leave??

Bit like expecting Fabregas to stay at Arsenil.

You REALLY believed (as opposed to hoped) that there was even a small chance that AOC wasn't going to leave??

Bit like expecting Fabregas to stay at Arsenil.

I didn't say that did i. I just said what Nige said the other day that we had deals progressing that would happen regardless of what happened to AOC.

I'd heard that the club had booked a slot for a medical at the General today, but I don't know whether that's because a deal has already been done for someone or just on the off-chance that something gets agreed in time.

Well thats my Monday ruined, i'll have to keep checking back now!

Oh, and also, I wouldn't necessarily take what a club spokesman says as gospel, whether that's our own one or another club's. They'll generally try to keep everything hush-hush right up until the very last moment, so I wouldn't expect to hear anything other than denials coming from Turf Moor.

Oh, and also, I wouldn't necessarily take what a club spokesman says as gospel, whether that's our own one or another club's. They'll generally try to keep everything hush-hush right up until the very last moment, so I wouldn't expect to hear anything other than denials coming from Turf Moor.

He could quite easily say nothing, it is after all his personal Twitter account he is using rather than an official Burnley media source.

Pretty **** clubs spokesman if he's not in the loop and lies about the club......I don't see why he just wouldnt say anything. Surely hes just asking for trouble if he goes round lying to their fans.

For example in January, Cortese said in January neither Lallana or Chambo would go, they didn't. He never said they wouldnt go this summer.

Burnley ..

Gonna stick my head on the line here.QUOTE:

I have no idea but I know that Cortese will not play the stupid game of bidding for a player until it reaches a ridiculous amount.

well in one respect (for once) ...the money is not a problem...but as we have lost out on Billy Sharp and Maynard, too we surely must get some sort of quality into the strike force. If we are willing to spend £4 mill...then 5 isn't so much more % -wise.

I just hope that the decision is right and if the other two flunk out this season and Jay Rod .... comes and does well.

Everyone will be happy..except Alpine and Dell days, I suppose

Edited by david in sweden

a quick look at his stats. played approx 100 games scored 30 goals.

Perhaps, I've studied this a bit too much but the "average /good " CCC striker scores at a rate around 0.3 goals per game

so an end of season tally ...around 15 ....is fairly good. Players who average 0.5 /game are much fewer this equates with

around 20+ goals per season.

Jay Rod...has just celebrated his 22nd birthday, described as a striker / winger ... and is 6' 1" tall.

(seems to fit the bill of an Adkins recruit - so far....)

so it's only the fee we're talking about. Well for once the money is there... and the Chairman seems to be happy to invest it.

When we get to" record-breaking level " £5 millon- then a million or so either way is nothing to argue about..(at least not for NC).

This on the Burnley forum.

by burnleydave

Monday, August 15 2011, 1:38PM

.“Update - just rung BBC Radio Solent, and they've confirmed the rumour that they broadcast that Burnley have accepted a £5.5 million bid for Jay Rodriguez, from Southampton!

The lady said it hasn't gone through yet, but it's imminent.

I can tell you, there'll be a real storm of protest here if that does happen - just days after the club said they wouldn't sell any more stars!!"

But its only a 'confirmed rumour'. So may mean nothing!!

Jay Rod excellent player, but how do we fit him in? DC is undroppable. Danny Fox , excellent player but is he better than Harding? If these guys are coming as cover and for competition if the player with the shirt goes off boil, then that is great, great that such good players would come here and not be automatic selections, but if we unsettle players who are performing well, it might not look so good. Difficult decisions for the manager and I'd still like a CB please.....

the price for jay rod is a rip off id rather we go for ebanks blake much more proven

and lest we forget, Robbie Keane, international and proven Premiership goalscorer, is waiting to see if his move to LA Galaxy goes ahead for a 'mere' £3.5 million.....why aren't we throwing our hat in the ring there instead????

Jay Rod excellent player, but how do we fit him in? DC is undroppable. Danny Fox , excellent player but is he better than Harding? If these guys are coming as cover and for competition if the player with the shirt goes off boil, then that is great, great that such good players would come here and not be automatic selections, but if we unsettle players who are performing well, it might not look so good. Difficult decisions for the manager and I'd still like a CB please.....

Why is Connolly undroppable? If Saints spend £5m plus on a striker as a Championship side, whoever it is (Maynard, Rodriguez etc etc) will be starting most games. Likewise Saints haven't spent £1.8m on a left back whilst in the Championship for him to be not playing. Fox will be the 1st choice left back.

This on the Burnley forum.

by burnleydave

Monday, August 15 2011, 1:38PM

.“Update - just rung BBC Radio Solent, and they've confirmed the rumour that they broadcast that Burnley have accepted a £5.5 million bid for Jay Rodriguez, from Southampton!

The lady said it hasn't gone through yet, but it's imminent.

I can tell you, there'll be a real storm of protest here if that does happen - just days after the club said they wouldn't sell any more stars!!"

But its only a 'confirmed rumour'. So may mean nothing!!

He's talking rubbish. Solent are going to run something in the morning apparently. (the fact that they aren't running anything now probably means that nothing is imminent - or I could be wrong)

I'd heard that the club had booked a slot for a medical at the General today, but I don't know whether that's because a deal has already been done for someone or just on the off-chance that something gets agreed in time.

Players on the National Health?

and lest we forget, Robbie Keane, international and proven Premiership goalscorer, is waiting to see if his move to LA Galaxy goes ahead for a 'mere' £3.5 million.....why aren't we throwing our hat in the ring there instead????

How long have you got?

Wages for a start will be astronomical for Keane i'd imagine.

Robbie Keane is 9 years older than Jay Rodriguez and Keane will have little sell on value compared to Rodriguez. This is reflected in the transfer values of both players. Plus Keane's wage will be huge in comparison to Saints' current wage structure. He is probably on £60k+ p/w.

Higher wages. He's much older. No re-sale value. He probably wouldnt want to drop down to the Championship etc. I do agree that the Rodriguez fee seems high though.