Hypocrites

St Marco

Jan = Played 13 . W3. D3. L7 = 12 points

Pearson = Played 13. W3. D7. L3 = 16 points

Even if your one of those who think Pearson should be contributed with the Plymouth loss even though he took over only hours earlier then he still did better then Jan.

So what do those Hypocrites who said they didnt want Pearson here as he was rubbish after just 13 games now think about Jan?

What do those hypocrites who wanted Crouch and Mcmenemy out because we were in a relegation battle now think?

Surely they should be saying Jan and Lowe out right? Or are they still using that whole "give it time" line?

Comment, SOG, nickh, saintwarwick ???

I dont think hypocrite is the correct noun I dont think people were saying NP out just that there was no problem with him leaving.

I was fully expecting us to struggle but hoped we would have had another couple of wins by now..

Surely nobody really expected us to perform well after our very poor preseason where we hardly scored.

If you can convince me that with highly paid managers players etc we would not be heading for administration I would agree with your point of view.

But I can see the only way forward is cost cutting which hopefully will not lead to administration but will probably lead to relegation.

I dont think hypocrite is the correct noun I dont think people were saying NP out just that there was no problem with him leaving.

I was fully expecting us to struggle but hoped we would have had another couple of wins by now..

Surely nobody really expected us to perform well after our very poor preseason where we hardly scored.

If you can convince me that with highly paid managers players etc we would not be heading for administration I would agree with your point of view.

But I can see the only way forward is cost cutting which hopefully will not lead to administration but will probably lead to relegation.

Again, the two are not mutually exclusive. If we get relegated there will be even less ST renewals and attendance next season. Administration will follow relegation like night follows day.

I dont think hypocrite is the correct noun.

Indeed however this was not the only way forward. The previous regime had been guranteed backing by the bank for their plan. Their plan was to appoint Pearson full time and sell off Rasiak and Saga. They were seeking to sell the club. Cost cutting was happening. The errors of Lowe and Jan this year would of been used by the hypocrites to attack Crouch and Pearson bigtime. This whole "this was the only way" is total ********.

Even if your one of those who think Pearson should be contributed with the Plymouth loss even though he took over only hours earlier then he still did better then Jan.

So what do those Hypocrites who said they didnt want Pearson here as he was rubbish after just 13 games now think about Jan?

What do those hypocrites who wanted Crouch and Mcmenemy out because we were in a relegation battle now think?

Surely they should be saying Jan and Lowe out right? Or are they still using that whole "give it time" line?

Working with a different deck.

Working with a different deck.

Yeah but Pearson had it far harder. Came in with the ship sinking fast. Lost our best players and had an injury crisis. Could bring nobody in except loan players. He stopped our defence leeking the goals and made us hard to beat. Meaning Pearson is a better man manager then JP. We keep hearing how great these kids are but they are playing in foreign positions and playing with negative tactics. That is down to JP.

So yes they both have been given different hands to play with but i would say Pearson had it worse. If he was given a summer like JP to bring in players on frees i think he would come up with better players then say Wotten.

I'm pretty sure nobody (serious) wanted Pearson to leave...

Yes I was quite happy for him to stay but was not upset when he went.

He had more money on wages to spend than JP which is the main differnce.

Injuries to Thomas Euell Svensson Schenderlin and Holmes have not helped either.

Plus really stupid errors against Cardiff Blackpool and Watford which cost us points and confidence.

Edited by John B

I wanted him to stay but took it on the chin when he left...

Some people just won't let things lie...

Not quite as simple as that mate. People on here were bemoaning the path the club was on last season when Crouch took over. They were very vocal about wanting Crouch out during Pearsons reign. They were saying Pearson was poor and that now Lowe and JP were in charge things would be fine. So the point is those people should by their own logic now be saying that Lowe must go and JP must go seeing as they are doing far worse. That is what you would expect would you not? But nope those people are not saying that, they are saying "give it time" or "we have no money" etc.. etc.. looking for any excuse to make their opinion seem justified. That is hypocrisy.

So it is hard to let it go because we have swapped average for awful and were being told by those people to accept it or your not a real supporter...

Not quite as simple as that mate. People on here were bemoaning the path the club was on last season when Crouch took over. They were very vocal about wanting Crouch out during Pearsons reign. They were saying Pearson was poor and that now Lowe and JP were in charge things would be fine. So the point is those people should by their own logic now be saying that Lowe must go and JP must go seeing as they are doing far worse. That is what you would expect would you not? But nope those people are not saying that, they are saying "give it time" or "we have no money" etc.. etc.. looking for any excuse to make their opinion seem justified. That is hypocrisy.

So it is hard to let it go because we have swapped average for awful and were being told by those people to accept it or your not a real supporter...

"far worse"?

4 points?

"far worse"?

4 points?

4 points from picking pretty much his own side, having a whole pre-season, having no pressure games etc.. etc.. Imagine if he was given the task of having to get a result at WBA away then beat Sheff Utd or your down. I just can't see he would of got anything. Don't be fooled by the point we got midweek as we created nothing. Just like this game and the Watford game. Coventry will be his 1st pressure game because if we put in a performance like today or like the Watford game it will get messy.

Thanks for pointing out that the time had arrived whereby a genuine comparison could be made between the records of the two managers. I agree that Plymouth should not figure in NP's record, whereas JP has no similar excuse with any of his matches and also had the benefit of the closed season to prepare his team.

Perhaps hypocrite is the wrong word to use with those people, but certainly it is timely to ram the comparison right down the throats of all those who disparaged NP on the basis of his record. It is also worth considering that the run of games that NP had was also a more difficult one than that faced by Poortvliet too and the number of draws NP's team had, together with the wins, throws into sharp contrast how difficult NP's team was to beat compared to the defensive powder puff team that JP has.

I never said Pearson out I just said that his points total didn't make him a fantastic manager.

I am sure you will also realise that Pearson had better and more experienced players to pick from.

Tell me Alpine, as you are always so quick to rip people to shreds, why aren't you doing it now eh? Got soft spot for the Dutch and no time for the Scots perhaps?

Feel free to go and fine posts where I have wanted any manager out.

Unilke you I realise that this new set up is not going to happen over night and probably not even over the season. Unlike you I am not going to call for the manager to be sacked, even if we go down.

We are a club with huge financial problems and few choices. You can either ignore the facts and keep finding targest to slag or you can get behind the club in its time of need. Your choice.

I never said Pearson out I just said that his points total didn't make him a fantastic manager.

Unilke you I realise that this new set up is not going to happen over night and probably not even over the season. Unlike you I am not going to call for the manager to be sacked, even if we go down.

We are a club with huge financial problems and few choices. You can either ignore the facts and keep finding targest to slag or you can get behind the club in its time of need. Your choice.

LOL. You'd give JP infinite time even though his record is now officially worse than NPs, a manager you lambasted ?

You couldnt make it up........

4 points from picking pretty much his own side, having a whole pre-season, having no pressure games etc.. etc.. Imagine if he was given the task of having to get a result at WBA away then beat Sheff Utd or your down. I just can't see he would of got anything. Don't be fooled by the point we got midweek as we created nothing. Just like this game and the Watford game. Coventry will be his 1st pressure game because if we put in a performance like today or like the Watford game it will get messy.

So have you set this thread up because you want an apology from people that had an opinion that you didn't agree with?

And i'm not "fooled" by Wednesday. We gained a point at Bramall Lane. Pretty good going any season that i'd say...

And whilst Jan has picked his own side...he has got a fair few restrictions placed on him. As somebody has said he is working with a different deck...an altogether weakened squad of players...

The reason for that squad of players is a whole new matter which invariably leads to panning Rupert Lowe and i starting losing the will to live...so i'll steer clear of that discussion and get back to my beer...

I am sure you will also realise that Pearson had better and more experienced players to pick from.

Many people were extremely disparaging about those experienced older players, telling us all that they were just journeymen, couldn't give a toss and were not bothered about us and only there to take their pay for little effort. And yet Pearson had managed to motivate them into giving a better points return then the youngsters who are enthusiastic and happy to give their all for the privilege of wearing the shirt...

We are a club with huge financial problems and few choices.

We may have few choices, but we appear to have got most of those "few" choices wrong, be they choice of manager, choice of players brought in, positions strengthened, priorities, tactics and style of play etc etc etc.

Let's not use the financial predicament and lack of choices to excuse the poor performances on and off the pitch (particularly when the Chairmen, OS, Head Coach et al were promising us so much from ths revolutionary coaching set up).

PS I suppose you would have persevered with Wigley as well.

Again, the two are not mutually exclusive. If we get relegated there will be even less ST renewals and attendance next season. Administration will follow relegation like night follows day.

Administration must take place this season, so that we are deducted points THIS season, not next, since we are surely going to be relegated now. We will be truly f***ed if we have to endure next season in League 1 with points deducted. It will send us straight to League 2 like Luton.

I take it you are having a go at Scooby here? cause other than 1 or 2 people I dont know anyone that is actually glad to have Lowe back or even assoiciated with our club at all.

The 2 situations are completly different. We were games away from relegation when Pearson came in when we knew we were in a scrap long before, Burly was left in charge long after it was obvious he wasnt going to get us anywhere this season so Pearson came in when the feeling was already bad for crouch and co.

Crouch was cashing in all over the place and loading up the wage bill to a point that without promotion we wouldnt be able to sustain. OK it paid off and we stayed in the CCC but had he stayed we would still have had to dramatically reduce the playing staff and wages. Would he have done it? Would Pearson have stuck around while his squad was shipped off?

Even if Lowe had kept him, and we dont know what conversations went on with him before letting him go, would pearson be happy with the squad he would have now? would he get better results?

So many questions that cant be answered because the guy has gone! get over it! If you thought this season was about anything other than survival then your a mug!

Personally I was hoping the kids would have done a little better than they have and I was also hoping JP had the ability to get the team defending better. By the looks of things neither are true but is that because we dont have the quality in the team or because JP doesnt have a clue? The guy was a world class defender so im guessing it is the quality we lack.

How do you suggest we fix it? Olly has proved he can do a job but got suspended trying to make sure we didnt lose. Nicky Butt did the same thing today earning a Yellow. Svennson can be world class but its touch and go on seeing him play enough games let alone seeing him get his form back. Cork is no centre back as is Wooton. So when our limited but main 2 defenders are missing we are buggered. Get a loan in? free transfers? moving John on has proved if nothing else we are at the limit on wages so anyone coming in would be on pittence which is what i guess Morgan, Gasmi, Holmes, Forecast and Pulis is on. There will be bonus's tied in to league position come the end of the season rather than appearence or win bonus's IMO.

So given out situation now compared to last season how can anyone but the nutty few be hypocrits? I would have been happy to see NP stay but just because he would be here we wouldnt be see our high earners playing week in week out so results would be just as mixed IMO.

Many people were extremely disparaging about those experienced older players, telling us all that they were just journeymen, couldn't give a toss and were not bothered about us and only there to take their pay for little effort. And yet Pearson had managed to motivate them into giving a better points return then the youngsters who are enthusiastic and happy to give their all for the privilege of wearing the shirt...

To be fair I agree with some of this. The players before pearson were a disgrase and Pearson got allot more out of them even if the results dont look that great for a team that was in the playoffs the year before.

I now think that our players are not good enough to play the system being asked of them. They are good enough to bring the ball out of defence and move it round the middle of the park but there are not enough options up front without making us very week at the back. Its ok everyone rushing forward for support but the defence need to be excilent to cover the traffic coming the other way. And they are not unfortunatly.

I wonder how much success we would get if we reverted to 4-4-2? we could still play pretty football but the support up front would be much better for us IMO.

Administration must take place this season, so that we are deducted points THIS season, not next, since we are surely going to be relegated now. We will be truly f***ed if we have to endure next season in League 1 with points deducted. It will send us straight to League 2 like Luton.

even then there is some cut off date where you can take the points. If the FA think your basically doing it to take the hit this season and not next they will find a way of deducting points the following season too. Everything that can be done to avoid Administration must be done or the FA will punish us further for taking Administration as some kind of easy way out.

Still wouldnt lose the dross from our club and would only lose the (ehem) cream from our club.

Give it time.

We may have few choices, but we appear to have got most of those "few" choices wrong, be they choice of manager, choice of players brought in, positions strengthened, priorities, tactics and style of play etc etc etc.

Let's not use the financial predicament and lack of choices to excuse the poor performances on and off the pitch (particularly when the Chairmen, OS, Head Coach et al were promising us so much from ths revolutionary coaching set up).

PS I suppose you would have persevered with Wigley as well.[/quote

Exactly there have been choices since MAY we have just taken the WRONG ones

LOL. You'd give JP infinite time even though his record is now officially worse than NPs, a manager you lambasted ?

You couldnt make it up........

Thank God you weren't around in the 70s otherwise you would have had McMenemy out of the door in no time.

How do define "lambasted"? Is it, pointed out that the manager who you priased had a worse record than the one you constantly slagged off?

Where did I say that I would give him infinite time exactly? You do this all the time don't you.

If we are going to have a grown up discussion learn the art of reading what people say and respond to what they say, not what you think they said.

And whilst on the subject of Pearson, the manager you hold in such high esteem left? No of course you don't. Have you ever stopped to think that he decided not to hang about because of the financial restraints? Hmmm, that would not fit in with your agenda at all would it? A manager leaving us in the lurch. Blimey, that would make him almost like Burley wouldn't it?

Still, you must have such a perfect view of what goes on at SFC tucked away in your Austrian retreat.

So then, some homework for you. Go and find example of me "lambasting" Pearson and whilst your at it feel free to find posts where I say that Lowe is the Messiah.

And while you are about it, one more for you. The club is skint and can't afford to pay its top earners. What do you do about it?

Thank God you weren't around in the 70s otherwise you would have had McMenemy out of the door in no time.

How do define "lambasted"? Is it, pointed out that the manager who you priased had a worse record than the one you constantly slagged off?

Where did I say that I would give him infinite time exactly? You do this all the time don't you.

If we are going to have a grown up discussion learn the art of reading what people say and respond to what they say, not what you think they said.

And whilst on the subject of Pearson, the manager you hold in such high esteem left? No of course you don't. Have you ever stopped to think that he decided not to hang about because of the financial restraints? Hmmm, that would not fit in with your agenda at all would it? A manager leaving us in the lurch. Blimey, that would make him almost like Burley wouldn't it?

Still, you must have such a perfect view of what goes on at SFC tucked away in your Austrian retreat.

So then, some homework for you. Go and find example of me "lambasting" Pearson and whilst your at it feel free to find posts where I say that Lowe is the Messiah.

And while you are about it, one more for you. The club is skint and can't afford to pay its top earners. What do you do about it?

And some homework for you too Bern. Find us any evidence that Pearson walked out on us, unprepared to work to a tight budget.

PS I suppose you would have persevered with Wigley as well.

What has Wigley got to do with it? But as you have asked, in hindsight I would rather have seen the season out with him. He couldn't have done much worse then Redknapp and you would like to think he would have bought better players than Bernard and Davenport with the money that harry was given.

I am not excusing the poor performances but I am pointing out the obvious. The financial constarints have had a huge detrimental effect on this club both on and off the pitch.

As for promising so much, what exactly?

What none of its top earners?

but we can afford to pay Forecast, Gasimi, Peckhart, Dyer, Robertson, Pullis, Smith and BWP.

Sorry this is about wrong choices not just lack of money.

I feel sorry for JP he is out of his depth , sold a vision OF YOUTH DOMINATION BUT WAS NOT TOLD THE GOOD YOUTH team had all left and we were going to have to buy in kids

And some homework for you too Bern. Find us any evidence that Pearson walked out on us, unprepared to work to a tight budget.

I am not going there as I would fall into the same trap as others who repeat 3 hand gossip, but I think Alpine ought to consider that Pearson might have actually jumped rather than have been pushed Wes.

And whatever Alpine might want to think, I had no problem with Pearson other then his record was less than brilliant and couldn't understand why he was seen as such a good thing.

To be honest, if he was still here, do you think that things would be any better?

but we can afford to pay Forecast, Gasimi, Peckhart, Dyer, Robertson, Pullis, Smith and BWP.

I feel sorry for JP he is out of his depth , sold a vision OF YOUTH DOMINATION BUT WAS NOT TOLD THE GOOD YOUTH team had all left and we were going to have to buy in kids

I would imagine that the players mentioned are on far less than the likes of John, BWP excepted, Mike.

I don't doubt we're paying them peanuts or that their parent clubs are supporting them in some way. Perhaps what we need is bodies to make up the numbers, we've been scraping the barrel a few time this season already.

BWP should be outta here by now but guess no one wants him. He's always been crap and I'm really ****ed off that he's still here getting a game when he should have been put out to grass somewhere long ago.

Seems to me we just have to let anyone go that someone wants and take someone less costly in exchange to make sure we have enough to field at least a first side and a reserve side.

We need money FAST and Lowe and Wilde should step aside for anyone who has some, not talk money, real money,to pay players to enable us to avoid relegation.

On the John front just a thought, perhaps as we couldn't shift Skacel ,John had to go because there's not enough to pay everybody next month.

Perhaps Brizzl City have promised to pay us money for him.

I don't doubt we're paying them peanuts or that their parent clubs are supporting them in some way. Perhaps what we need is bodies to make up the numbers, we've been scraping the barrel a few time this season already.

BWP should be outta here by now but guess no one wants him. He's always been crap and I'm really ****ed off that he's still here getting a game when he should have been put out to grass somewhere long ago.

Seems to me we just have to let anyone go that someone wants and take someone less costly in exchange to make sure we have enough to field at least a first side and a reserve side.

We need money FAST and lowe and Wilde should step aside for anyone who has some, not talk money, real money,to pay players to enable us to avoid relegation.

i own 1000 shares in SLH, A RIGHTS ISSUE of £1 per share in theory would raise £14m but in practice would raise at least £5 because some could not offered it.

Only reason this is not happening is because Lowe, Askham, Richards and Wilde could not afford it

wasn't it only Scooby who was saying that?

LOL at St Marco. What a pathetic thread. The only person who he is waging war on in his opening post is Scooby, who everyone with half a tiny brain knows now and knew then that he was on a wind up.

I can't think of any Saints fan I know or any on this forum that expressed anything like the opinions about Pearson that SM is getting all het up about.

Guess what, Nigel Pearson is gone, we're stuck with a replacement who many, many, many more people than Scooby had serious, serious doubts about on day one.

The fact that we are in the relegation zone is a surprise to pretty much no-one currently breathing air.

Great thread though, St Marco, you've really stuck it to those hypocrites. All one of him.

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

I am not going there as I would fall into the same trap as others who repeat 3 hand gossip, but I think Alpine ought to consider that Pearson might have actually jumped rather than have been pushed Wes.

And whatever Alpine might want to think, I had no problem with Pearson other then his record was less than brilliant and couldn't understand why he was seen as such a good thing.

To be honest, if he was still here, do you think that things would be any better?

Yes. Honestly. Unreservedly.

St Marco:People on here were bemoaning the path the club was on last season when Crouch took over. They were very vocal about wanting Crouch out during Pearsons reign. They were saying Pearson was poor and that now Lowe and JP were in charge things would be fine.

NickG:wasn't it only Scooby who was saying that?

How did Somedunce slip under your radar? He was also very vocal with those opinions and also had such a loathing of Crouch that one could supect him of being one of Lowe's cronies, as well as Scooby's only mate.

Happy to comment, please show me the post where I said I did not want NP in charge. I was quite happy for him to stay and as for Crouch, the only thing I had to say about him is he would have had the same financial restraints as Lowe and co. OK?

I have only just got in after being to see Spamalot. I was texted the result straight after the game and dont know much about todays game.

I notice Alpine points the finger at me as 1 who wanted NP gone. Well please feel free to put up the post where I said so.

i was happy for Np to stay but dont see him as a fantastic manager.

I dont know if he would have done better the the Dutch but Ive not been too full of priase for them either.If he had the same financial constraints he may have done the same.