IOW Festival 2012

bpsaint

Saw him at Glastonbury 2009, I wasn't too sure about seeing him but my dad persuaded me to go with him. We were very near the front, having been there since about 7pm to watch Kasabian beforehand (who were excellent). I didn't know too much of Bruce's music, but I knew the odd song of his - my dad has been a fan of his since he was a student and knew every word of every song! He played for 2 hours and it was mindblowing. His energy, stage-presence, connection with the crowd, the amazing songs, the amazing band and his amazing voice absolutely blew me away. It's still one of the best live sets i've ever seen, hands down. The only thing that beat Bruce that weekend was seeing Blur the next evening.

If you get a ticket for IOW, make sure to go and see him. He is simply brilliant live. It won't be the same without Clarence on the sax though...

Still gives me shivers whenever I watch that video!

Saw him at Wembley Stadium in '88.

Came on at 6pm finished at 10.30.

An experience not to be missed.

Ditto, also saw him at Villa Park & Milton Keynes Bowl, as well as Glasto.

Don't like listening to his albums that much but the Live Shows are something special.

Had tickets for about 6 years ago at Croydon - and work got in the way at the last minute

The one big name that I keep wishing they'd bring down here, guess the locals wouldn't understand a 4 hour gig though

Stone Roses are awful live Chris....Madness will be worth paying to go to the Fessy on their own.

Frankie

Were awful live, and even though Ian Brown has never been able to sing, he has made a great career out of his solo stuff. All apart from Reni have had a few years on the live circuit. I think there will be a huge improvment in the band.

Bring on Heaton Park!!!

Madness are a fantastic festival band!!

Have to say, I'm pretty disappointed with the headliners for 2012. Other are ecstatic though. Tom Petty Friday, Pearl Jam Saturday, Bruce Springsteen Sunday. It'll be like going back in time 20 years. I'd have been happy to see one of those 3 as a Sunday headliner, but to have no contemporary headliner is pretty poor in my eyes. Still, it'll save my wife and I about £600 by not going, so every cloud......

Have to say, I'm pretty disappointed with the headliners for 2012. Other are ecstatic though. Tom Petty Friday, Pearl Jam Saturday, Bruce Springsteen Sunday. It'll be like going back in time 20 years. I'd have been happy to see one of those 3 as a Sunday headliner, but to have no contemporary headliner is pretty poor in my eyes. Still, it'll save my wife and I about £600 by not going, so every cloud......

Likewise, following the announcement of Bruce Springsteen I was expecting massive things for the Friday and Saturday but am very underwhelmed. Hardly the sort of festival acts that get everyone singing along to their anthems, Christ the list of contemporary acts yet to play the IOW is huge. Always kind of had the impression John Giddings books the acts he wants over what the people want.

Decided to spend my money getting tickets for Bruce and the E Street band at Hyde Park in July instead.

• 3 weeks later...
So annoying.

Festival on my doorstep and they pick such uninspiring headline acts. The Stone Roses have just reformed.....

Bruce Springsteen, uninspiring? For goodness sake. :facepalm:

You'll have a great time bpsaint but just hope he doesn't go on for 2 hours like he did at Glasto. Despite it being a good set, it was about 30 minutes too long.