Boro away

CFSFC

Is everyone who's staying up in the NE heading to Toon straight after the game? Is 'Boro too much of a ****hole to stay in on the Saturday night?

Probably have a couple around Boro then back to Newcastle on the train. Way we saw it, if you're gonna drive 300+ miles, you might as well go a little bit further to go on the p*ss in a city that's actually worth visiting.

Probably have a couple around Boro then back to Newcastle on the train. Way we saw it, if you're gonna drive 300+ miles, you might as well go a little bit further to go on the p*ss in a city that's actually worth visiting.
I know a few staying in Boro, would be a cheap, lively night out to be fair, without the hassle of rushing back anywhere (see post match trains to Newcastle.)

I know a few staying in Boro, would be a cheap, lively night out to be fair, without the hassle of rushing back anywhere (see post match trains to Newcastle.)

I know a few who are staying either at Darlington or York, rather than Middlesbrough

I know a few who are staying either at Darlington or York, rather than Middlesbrough
My lot doing York. Seems a good 30 mins quicker getting back from Boro than Newcastle. Also know a fair few stopping in Darlo. Plus some in Whitley Bay. Think we'll have plenty spread all over the north-east that weekend.

Grumble. I'm sure it was much quicker than 1hr 34m to get back to Newcastle last time I was up there. Ballache. We've got mates in Newcastle which was swaying us to head there back there. Probably still do it, just a pain in the arse.

Anyone been out in York before? We were looking at staying in Newcastle but adding up the costs, it looks fakkin' expensive!

York looks a fair bit cheaper so far but we don't want the day ruined with a lack of decent bars or a lack of northern slags.

TS.

Hotels in York are not cheap either and virtually all of them require a minimum 2 night stay at weekends.

Grumble. I'm sure it was much quicker than 1hr 34m to get back to Newcastle last time I was up there. Ballache. We've got mates in Newcastle which was swaying us to head there back there. Probably still do it, just a pain in the arse.

As my lot are staying in Newcastle I just checked trains for after the game. Potential trains are:

19:40 - taking 1 hour 24 minutes direct (anyone know of an off licence next to Boro station?)

or

19:55 - taking 1 hour 34 minutes but a change in Darlington - on the plus side it's a 34 minute wait so a pint in the infamous Hogan's across from Darlo station is an option.

As my lot are staying in Newcastle I just checked trains for after the game. Potential trains are:

19:40 - taking 1 hour 24 minutes direct (anyone know of an off licence next to Boro station?)

or

19:55 - taking 1 hour 34 minutes but a change in Darlington - on the plus side it's a 34 minute wait so a pint in the infamous Hogan's across from Darlo station is an option.

We'll be on one of them. It's not going to be too bad. Grab a few beers for the train and hopefully be celebrating anyway. Hour and a half goes quick enough when on the p*ss.

Looking forward to spending the weekend in York. Cracking little city and looks a top night out. Hopefully we'll be celebrating promotion.

Been out in York many times and its decent. Decent standard of people and some good bars and clubs. Luckily for you i'll be letting you associate with me that day and evening. This bar is well worth a visit and a good one for us to celebrate being championship champions in http://www.stonerosesbaryork.com/

Been out in York many times and its decent. Decent standard of people and some good bars and clubs. Luckily for you i'll be letting you associate with me that day and evening. This bar is well worth a visit and a good one for us to celebrate being championship champions in http://www.stonerosesbaryork.com/
I've sent them that before lad :D Just looked under "offers", treble vodka and mixer £2.95. Wish I'd never seen that now :uhoh:

I've sent them that before lad :D Just looked under "offers", treble vodka and mixer £2.95. Wish I'd never seen that now :uhoh:

surely that would be on a mid-week student night not a saturday? i can't handle that going to stick to the beers to avoid the sick bag mate!

Coming over from oz for the last 4 weeks of the season and very keen for this match along with the rest of course. Having never travelled further than London for a Saints away game I'm not quite sure of the best route to take for this one. Most likely travelling alone as my Southampton friends think M'brough is a ****hole and a touch too far away(I agree on the latter at the moment). So any ideas for travel would be great. Heading to Ireland through Liverpool on the Sunday or Monday after the game for 4-5 days so will only need travel up there. Obviously accomodation for Saturday night as well although Newcastle sounds like a place that sleeping might not be needed although I'll have a backpack with all my crap in it for the following week. Email is trevf_101@hotmail.com if anyone can help in anyway. Thanks in advance guys.

Coming over from oz for the last 4 weeks of the season and very keen for this match along with the rest of course. Having never travelled further than London for a Saints away game I'm not quite sure of the best route to take for this one. Most likely travelling alone as my Southampton friends think M'brough is a ****hole and a touch too far away(I agree on the latter at the moment). So any ideas for travel would be great. Heading to Ireland through Liverpool on the Sunday or Monday after the game for 4-5 days so will only need travel up there. Obviously accomodation for Saturday night as well although Newcastle sounds like a place that sleeping might not be needed although I'll have a backpack with all my crap in it for the following week. Email is trevf_101@hotmail.com if anyone can help in anyway. Thanks in advance guys.
Hard to advise without knowing what your actual itinierary is? As you're based outside of the UK, have you looked at buying a rail pass if you're doing lots of long journeys by train?

Aussie Saint - me and my nipper are staying in Boro on the Saturday night and travelling back to Wirral on the Sunday. As we pass through Liverpool you are more than welcome to grab a lift with us if you want too.

Aussie Saint - me and my nipper are staying in Boro on the Saturday night and travelling back to Wirral on the Sunday. As we pass through Liverpool you are more than welcome to grab a lift with us if you want too.

Thanks for the offer! Will more than help out with fuel, have already got a jerrycan waiting for me at Heathrow. Haven't finalised my plans yet but I'll more than likely need to get to Liverpool on the Sunday. Send me an email on trevf_101@hotmail.com so I can give you my UK number when I arrive. Cheers!

Hard to advise without knowing what your actual itinierary is? As you're based outside of the UK, have you looked at buying a rail pass if you're doing lots of long journeys by train?

Just realised there's probably too much info in my original post.. Heading to M'boro from London but haven't worked out how as yet. Also the best place to go following the match? Will many Saints fans stay and drink in M'boro.

So 1. How are people getting there from Southampton/London and

2. Where are Saints fans going post match.

I feel honoured.

Been out there before lateish after the Morrissey gig but didn't go out 'properly' as we were staying in Leeds and needed to get the rattler back there. Looked a mad place though. Loads of hen parties and the like. Can't wait.

Just realised there's probably too much info in my original post.. Heading to M'boro from London but haven't worked out how as yet. Also the best place to go following the match? Will many Saints fans stay and drink in M'boro.

So 1. How are people getting there from Southampton/London and

2. Where are Saints fans going post match.

From London, train will be your best bet and the quickest option, though will also be the most expensive. Other option is to see if there are any cheap flights to Newcastle. Or have a look at the Mega Bus (journey done half by train, half by coach), National Express website if you don't mind coach the whole way.

Afterwards, imagine most making a weekend of it will be heading to Newcastle. We're going to York which is a similar distance away and think a few others are but there's no one place that will be crawling with Saints fans up there. Sounds like people will be fairly spread out across the North/North East.

Middlesbrough is a dump but my cousin was at Uni in Newcastle and ventured down there a fair few times for a night out and said it was great fun.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~2707063,00.html

We have received a total of 4,074 tickets for the trip to the Riverside Stadium on Saturday 21st April.

Our seats are located in the South Stand, this is our full allocation, and no further tickets will be made available.

Season ticket holders will have priority to get their hands on two tickets from 9am on Monday 2nd April. Subject to availability tickets will go on general sale from Tuesday 10th April.

Ticket prices are as follows:

Adult - £27.00

Senior 65+ - £17.00

Under 18 - £14.00

We have received 10 pairs of Wheelchair and Enablers and 10 pairs of ambulant and enabler tickets. This is the maximum allocation no more disabled seating will be made available. These are priced as standard tickets with the enabler free of charge.

817-grey.gif

Coach travel is priced at £28.00 per person and will depart at 9am from St Mary's Stadium calling in at Eastleigh, Winchester and Chieveley Services. Coach 2 can facilitate a maximum of 2 wheelchair spaces.

Tickets can be purchased at the box office, online or through our booking line 0800 2800 050.

Just a cool £111 spent on Boro tickets today. Just need to book hotels now. All this a few days before 3 games in 7 days, a week off work, 2 weddings, and plenty of p*ss ups. Saints are going to bankrupt me.

Just booked into a hostel in York (cheapskate, but m3h - also meant could stay only one night), so we're driving up to their and getting the train which is about £12 for day return. Sounds like there could be a few of us about after.

If anyone from westcountry wants lift (from Cheltenham) then let us know. Can provide link to hostel, but you're more than welcome to find a hotel if you want!

Finally all booked. 4 of us driving up straight after work Friday. I booked a hotel in Newcastle City Centre so we'll be out for a few jars on Friday night before getting a 9am train down to Middlesbrough, then back to Newcastle after the football for a big night out. It's going to be off the chain if we secure promotion or the title up there.

why is no one staying in the boro..?

Have you ever visited Middlesbrough ?

It's a sh*thole

Places like Darlington, Hartlepool, Whitby, York and Newcastle much better options for a night out.

So that's what most people are doing

anyone know how many sold? want to make lateish decision on this game... If we're already up not sure how fussed i am? Or is that a stupid logic, i cant work it out!

If we're already up, we'll be on a massive northern p*ss up to celebrate that fact. Man the f*ck up and get a ticket, IMO.

Plus the title won't be won by then. It's almost a certainty we'll be playing for something.

Wirral Saint, sounds like we're doing the same. There's 6 of us so taking two cars, would make sense to share a lift. What hotel have you found, we're trying to get something close to the ground...

Have you ever visited Middlesbrough ?

It's a sh*thole

Places like Darlington, Hartlepool, Whitby, York and Newcastle much better options for a night out.

So that's what most people are doing

Couldn't agree more - but you should have gone there 20 years ago - Ayresome Park was awful and the town was twice as bad as it now.

The Transporter Bridge over the Tees is worth a visit though

Wirral Saint, sounds like we're doing the same. There's 6 of us so taking two cars, would make sense to share a lift. What hotel have you found, we're trying to get something close to the ground...

Neil - We've booked into the Thistle. Seems a decent hotel and the closest hotel to the ground apparently.