Please don't embarrass us with any more clown costumes

dune

Calm down, you'll get an ulcer like me. lOL, ROFL, FAF.

That's the first post you've managed this morning that's not littered with poor grammar and spelling so that's a start. I was worried Dune would get an ulcer as he's hot on this type of thing.

Fancy dress for end of season games has been around for eons- its as english as terrace culture. And its not specific to our club.

Correct, but traditional for the AWAY fans and not half the home support.

That's the first post you've managed this morning that's not littered with poor grammar and spelling so that's a start. I was worried Dune would get an ulcer as he's hot on this type of thing.

I'm sure you have plenty of time to practice your spelling and grammar in your damp and dingy bedsit. LOL, PMSL, FAF etc.

Edited by Turkish

Dont be jealous because you arent part of the forum cool gang. For a lot of you it must remind you of school with the cool gang of well dressed, good looking lads get all the laughs, all the best women and all the glory while you sit there in the corner of the playground greedily tucking into your packed lunch dreaming of being someone who matters.

Correct me if I'm wrong but claiming to be part of a 'forum cool gang' by default makes you part of the 'sad life crew'

I think I'd be allowed to join the Forum Cool Gang because as I type I am wearing a pair of Timberland Boots. How cool am I.

So am I...have we killed Timberland as a brand or am I just the exception that proves the rule?

It's so difficult to know what to do...splashed some yacht varnish in to my eyebrow last night and wasn't sure if it constituted face painting? :blush:

Yes you and the backseat boys have indeed expressed that fact that you 'care' what others think of the club' date=' from top to bottom ad nauseum, [b']that you have 'pride'[/b] blah, blah.... when its clear the only fans from other clubs who even give a shiedt about any of this are their own small bands of backseat boys - and you have not answered why what others think should be even relevant - are you 14, spotty and going through that usual adolescent period where you feel the need to impress others rather with every detail? Well at least teh good news is that you will grow out of it.

I have and amongst all your ramblings, you've managed to answer your own question.

You'd better amend your poor spelling and grammar. You'll give Greenridge an ulcer and you don't want an ulcer when stuck in a damp and dingy bedsit. I should know as I'm stuck in a damp and dingy bedsit with an ulcer. #ulcer #DampAndDingyBedsit

Shal wee hav a speling and gramer compatition. I,d beet you all hans down you bunch of clowns.

Shal wee hav a speling and gramer compatition. I,d beet you all hans down you bunch of clowns.

I'll be hoping for a domestic treble along with the largest Ulcer and darkest dingiest Bedsit trophies.

I have and amongst all your ramblings, you've managed to answer your own question.

Guess it comes down to what gives you pride in your club:

You and a few others: How we are viewed in terms of a 'propa' club, what we wear, sing or whatever by other fans of other clubs

The majority: the fact the club is at the heart of the community, inclusive to all, accepting and embracing of all fans and the way they chose to support, what we achieve on the pitch, the way the club is managed and the not at all concerned with what others think - knowing full well that negative comments tend to be the limited defence of the envious.

It's so difficult to know what to do...splashed some yacht varnish in to my eyebrow last night and wasn't sure if it constituted face painting? :blush:

Depends if it's Blakes or International...

I reckon a sociologist would be fascinated by this thread: the minute attention to which brand is current and worn by which sub-group and the denigration of others based on that. Most of the time I haven't a clue what I'm wearing and I couldn't even tell you the make of the special dress I bought for a wedding next month. Just sorted out my kit for training this evening so I can at least tell you my football boots are Nike..:-)

Most of the time I haven't a clue what I'm wearing and I couldn't even tell you the make of the special dress I bought for a wedding next month.

You know it was Evans, don't be embarrassed Suzy.

I reckon a sociologist would be fascinated by this thread: the minute attention to which brand is current and worn by which sub-group and the denigration of others based on that. Most of the time I haven't a clue what I'm wearing and I couldn't even tell you the make of the special dress I bought for a wedding next month. Just sorted out my kit for training this evening so I can at least tell you my football boots are Nike..:-)

Why is it interesting? There are people that take an interest in fashion and what they're wearing and there are people that don't. Hardly a major revelation.

Guess it comes down to what gives you pride in your club:

You and a few others: How we are viewed in terms of a 'propa' club, what we wear, sing or whatever by other fans of other clubs

The majority: the fact the club is at the heart of the community, inclusive to all, accepting and embracing of all fans and the way they chose to support, what we achieve on the pitch, the way the club is managed and the not at all concerned with what others think - knowing full well that negative comments tend to be the limited defence of the envious.

Well done for the assumption that you speak for the majority.

Well done for the assumption that you speak for the majority.

Not speaking for anyone... just looking at a crowd of 32,000 last weekend, 50k at wembley, 40k at cardiff and seeing the vast majority in colours, balloons, many in costumes and face paint as evidence...

There are people that take an interest in fashion and what they're wearing and there are people that don't. Hardly a major revelation.

Exactly! And there are people who are trying to tell other people what they should and shouldn't do or wear and others of us who don't give a t0ss. I can't face this stupidity anymore and not being a sociologist I'm off.

Not speaking for anyone... just looking at a crowd of 32' date='000 last weekend, 50k at wembley, 40k at cardiff and seeing the vast majority in colours, balloons, many in costumes and face paint as evidence...[/quote']

How does one wear a balloon?

Not speaking for anyone... just looking at a crowd of 32' date='000 last weekend, 50k at wembley, 40k at cardiff and seeing the vast majority in colours, balloons, many in costumes and face paint as evidence...[/quote']

Fair enough if that's your benchmark.

Mine is having to regretfully acknowledge constant comments of "f*ck me, you really have got a massive proportion of goons in your fanbase haven't you" from non-Saints fans when our face-paint and jester-hat brigade get themselves on tv.

Why is it interesting? There are people that take an interest in fashion and what they're wearing and there are people that don't. Hardly a major revelation.

'Is it wrong to be inquisitive? Is it wrong to try and understand how the human mind works at times? Is it wrong to take an interest in what makes people tick? I don't believe it is.'

Quote from post 165 from the author above...

Don't close the thread - it gets funnier by the minute:lol:

Anyone watch the Manchester derby?

did anyone see any wig wearing face painted jester hat clowns in the crowd.............?

Just saying like... that's all ...

Nope but if you watch the tv advert for the Chelsea Liverpool cup final you will see a jesters hat. There is also a guy with big curly black hair and a moustache but maybe that wasn't fancy dress.

Mine is having to regretfully acknowledge constant comments of "f*ck me, you really have got a massive proportion of goons in your fanbase haven't you" from non-Saints fans when our face-paint and jester-hat brigade get themselves on tv.

Says the bloke with a duff costume as his avatar.

9/10 for product knowledge...Hempel bought Blakes a few years back...and that's what it was.

Was wearing an old pair of genuine Docksiders to show how I spit in the face of convention..a little worried that they too may have been splashed and what this could say about my image....:eek:

Mods please close this thread. It's awful.

There we have it, red&white56 has spoken. He doesn't like this thread so let's shut it. Forget the hundreds of posts, the thousands of views and the fact it's the most popular thread on the forum at the moment.

Whilst we're on the subject, are there any other threads you don't like? We can get them all shut at once. Wouldn't want to upset you now...

Erm, that's not a costume mate. Neither is it something I'd go dressed as to the football, silly.

Not a costume? So you think its a real human looks like that, or you believe in monsters? Anyway it shows up everyday on Saints football forum where all kinds of visiting fans will be thinking f*ck me, you really have got a massive proportion of goons in your fanbase haven't you". Perhaps it needs a new thread.

Kracken, Appreciate your perspective, but you are talking about 'constant comments' - which in reality is how many and from oppo fans? seriously, the bench mark should be what our fans want to do and feck those that are critical - as I said, these sort of snide remarks tend to be fuelled by envy, from a few folk that dont appreciate the value in having an inclusive spirit and identity. I have said its not my bag either, but seeing the scenes at SMS last weekend, Cardiff and Wembley, IS something we should be proud of - and the media suggest that to, if we feel we need for some sort of validation.

So you think its a real human looks like that, or do you believe in monsters? Anyway you wear it to a Saints football forum where all kinds of visiting fans will be thinking f*ck me, you really have got a massive proportion of goons in your fanbase haven't you". Perhaps it needs a new thread.

Yes, you're right. Having an avatar on an internet mong board is exactly the same thing as wearing a similar costume to a football ground. My name is also T Kraken, hence my username being very similar. Forgive my mistake.

Kracken' date=' Appreciate your perspective, but you are talking about 'constant comments' - which in reality is how many and from oppo fans? seriously, the bench mark should be what our fans want to do and feck those that are critical - as I said, these sort of snide remarks tend to be fuelled by envy, from a few folk that dont appreciate the value in having an inclusive spirit and identity. I have said its not my bag either, but seeing the scenes at SMS last weekend, Cardiff and Wembley, IS something we should be proud of - and the media suggest that to, if we feel we need for some sort of validation.[/quote']

FC; when I say "constant comments" I mean whenever we're on TV and have non-Saints fans with me. It is noticeable that we do have a large proportion of fancy dressers and face painted adults amongst our fan base. I'm pretty sure its not envy that is fuelling the comments, if I'm honest.

Yes, you're right. Having an avatar on an internet mong board is exactly the same thing as wearing a similar costume to a football ground. My name is also T Kraken, hence my username being very similar. Forgive my mistake.

No no. I wont be happy until you change it for a picture showing somebody wearing stylish clothes of credible brands, in beige (sorry Caribbean caramel), white (ice white) or grey (moondust).

I quite agree, as an example of what I have to put up with I was sent a text whilst I was at the Blackpool away game from a fam of antoher club I know of a picture of a group of our fans in gimp suits with another dressed as a woman and the comment "I'm not sure which is funnier your embarassing fans or seeing you get dicked"

Oh do you play football? I've never have known its not like you mention it on every post! I reckon a psychiatric would have a field day with all your look at me posts. In anycase surely you'd be wearing dungarees as a symbol of your status in the relationship?

She can't see this :-)

Edited by Turkish