Please don't embarrass us with any more clown costumes

dune

Well, the promotion solidarity didn't last long. Why are some people on here only happy when they are criticising other, fellow Saints fans? This superior attitude that some on here have is far more embarrassing and sad than someone who likes to wear fancy dress (and for the record, I'm not a fan of dressing up either).

And, there is no logic to humour because it's subjective. And thank goodness for that otherwise no doubt I'd be told I have to find Frankie Boyle funny.

Different strokes for different folks. Get over it and get over yourselves.

Let's enjoy the summer.

... or Gimp suits, tinsel wigs, jesters hats etc.

We are now back in the spot light and the cameras will be covering every angle. The last thing we now need is wallys in fancy dress showing us up.

Shut up, just shut up...

If a fan pays for a ticket for a game they can dress and act as they please (provided it does not offend or hurt others).. get over yourself, you are not better or worse a supporter than anyone else. There is no elitism in supporting a football club people are just enjoying themselves, families, friends, if you don't like it then you can make the choice not to follow the sport. Why do you care what people think of our supporters?

Have a day off, accept that people have the right to dress and support their club as they wish and it has very little to do with you.

Well, the promotion solidarity didn't last long. Why are some people on here only happy when they are criticising other, fellow Saints fans? This superior attitude that some on here have is far more embarrassing and sad than someone who likes to wear fancy dress (and for the record, I'm not a fan of dressing up either).

And, there is no logic to humour because it's subjective. And thank goodness for that otherwise no doubt I'd be told I have to find Frankie Boyle funny.

Different strokes for different folks. Get over it and get over yourselves.

Let's enjoy the summer.

Now that was funny, that litttle fella especially, I do miss him.

Shut up, just shut up...

If a fan pays for a ticket for a game they can dress and act as they please (provided it does not offend or hurt others).. get over yourself, you are not better or worse a supporter than anyone else. There is no elitism in supporting a football club people are just enjoying themselves, families, friends, if you don't like it then you can make the choice not to follow the sport. Why do you care what people think of our supporters?

Have a day off, accept that people have the right to dress and support their club as they wish and it has very little to do with you.

What is wrong with being elitist?

I don't think certain people get the reason behind dressing up like that - the people who did it KNEW they looked like tw*ts, but had the capability to laugh at themselves.

I don't think Prune or Prudish are that self aware: I find them quite sad really, as to how worried they are as to what other people think. Frankly if they give me grief on here I won't give a toss. As I said before, dressing up is not my style, but I prefer the people who do it to the negative guys on here who are probably the same ones who would stand against the wall in a night club because they're afraid of what people would think of them. So sad.

I don't think Prune or Prudish are that self aware: I find them quite sad really, as to how worried they are as to what other people think. Frankly if they give me grief on here I won't give a toss. As I said before, dressing up is not my style, but I prefer the people who do it to the negative guys on here who are probably the same ones who would stand against the wall in a night club because they're afraid of what people would think of them. So sad.

It's a football match Suzy. If these strange characters want to get on TV there's britains got talent or the x-factor.

I was watching the Man City game tonight and noticed loads of foam stick things that people were flapping about. The Americanisation continues.:rolleyes:

They'll be extending h/t soon so people can stock up on buckets of popcorn.

It's a football match Suzy.

I know what it is sweetheart, I've probably been going to football matches longer than you've been alive; it's just that I'm less worried about what other people do. It seems to engage you a lot. Plus I still play, even if off the bench: I'm quite proud of that.

Anyway, I'm off skiing in fresh powder in the morning so keep on posting; I may look in tomorrow.

People can dress how they want tbh. I don't particularly like seeing people dressed up in costumes and wigs at games, but very often they'll be families having a day out with their kids and having a good time.

And before Dune, Turkish or anyone else asks, I wear jeans, trainers, the 125 year shirt and a jacket to games. Objections?

I know what it is sweetheart, I've probably been going to football matches longer than you've been alive; it's just that I'm less worried about what other people do. It seems to engage you a lot. Plus I still play, even if off the bench: I'm quite proud of that.

Anyway, I'm off skiing in fresh powder in the morning so keep on posting; I may look in tomorrow.

You still play?!! Is never have know that if you hadn't mentioned it for the 18th time this week. Mind you I bet in your dungarees a lot of people mistake you for a Dexys Midnight Runners tribute act. Do people sing "come on Eileen" at you?

Not that she can see this!!

Edited by Turkish

People can dress how they want tbh. I don't particularly like seeing people dressed up in costumes and wigs at games, but very often they'll be families having a day out with their kids and having a good time.

And before Dune, Turkish or anyone else asks, I wear jeans, trainers, the 125 year shirt and a jacket to games. Objections?

Wrists bands on or off?

Loving the fishing but at least it's now established who the 'us' in the thread title refers to...:scared:

Dont be jealous because you arent part of the forum cool gang. For a lot of you it must remind you of school with the cool gang of well dressed, good looking lads get all the laughs, all the best women and all the glory while you sit there in the corner of the playground greedily tucking into your packed lunch dreaming of being someone who matters.

Dont be jealous because you arent part of the forum cool gang. For a lot of you it must remind you of school with the cool gang of well dressed, good looking lads get all the laughs, all the best women and all the glory while you sit there in the corner of the playground greedily tucking into your packed lunch dreaming of being someone who matters.

Ahhh...Turkish knows who I am...bang to rights guvnor...so desperate to be liked and still my mum buys me the wrong uniform! ;)

So you agree, that apart from that, there is little difference? Who would want to be the Saints equivalent of that t**t?

Nobody who had ever been downwind of it, for sure, but beyond that I couldn't take it seriously enough to labour the point :rolleyes:

I loved the fact that there were flags, balloons and a see of red and white (of which I was an XL contributor - 14.5 stone, so not a lard arse just yet). It felt like a cup final. And so it should. It was.

If you don't wear colours, you're deluded.

You want acceptance, you want to be a cog in the football machine, you want assocation and affinity, but you believe by somehow erecting your own 'fashion' perimeter you maintain an air of authority.

But sadly for you it's bo ll ox. It's psychological repression. It's a barrier you erect because you fear rejection from the pack. Your sub-conscious is protecting you from your own insecurity.

The rest of us don't fear rejection because we don't require any form of 'vindication' from anyone.

Happy to help - professional fees extra...

I loved the fact that there were flags, balloons and a see of red and white (of which I was an XL contributor - 14.5 stone, so not a lard arse just yet). It felt like a cup final. And so it should. It was.

You want acceptance, you want to be a cog in the football machine, you want assocation and affinity, but you believe by somehow erecting your own 'fashion' perimeter you maintain an air of authority.

But sadly for you it's bo ll ox. It's psychological repression. It's a barrier you erect because you fear rejection from the pack. Your sub-conscious is protecting you from your own insecurity.

The rest of us don't fear rejection because we don't require any form of 'vindication' from anyone.

Err not quite. I am better than the pack and the way i dress is just more evidence of it.

You're a grown man getting excited by balloons.

No.

How can you get excited about getting dressed up in red and white, face paints, balloons and so on? It's a bit sad. You're an adult (I presume) and yes, if you were 12 or under, I'd probably understand wanting to do all that. But not a grown man. It doesn't show anything other than you're a sheep.

It's nothing to do with rejection either, of all the well dressed people I saw (myself included), no one had the same clothing, everyone was individual.

There you go - prima facie evidence. You scream I'm an inidvidual on a message-board of a football club to someone you have never met with no shared interest other than said football club which you somehow fear showing any association to...

In a consulting room this would be costing you £200 an hour. I hope you know that?

Presumably the gentlemen with the dress suits on met with your approval, or in fact should we all go as if dressed for an evening at the Opera. No doubt you also have your list of acceptable chants and general behaviour on match days.

I think what you are missing is that it is a very British trait to be able, to not take yourself too seriously. eg act the fool and not give a damn about what others think of you.

A cracking idea if I may say so. Imagine St Mary's full with people in DJs and evening dresses (your option as to which!). THAT would show the premiership some REAL class. ;)

Dressing up in stupid costumes is cringeworthy in the extreme. Not as cringeworthy as pretending to be drunk on an internet forum - but cringeworthy all the same.

This

People forget that this site is about 2% of our fan base. Wish more would use it!

Sadly it's not hard to work out why 98% don't use it though!

You're a grown man getting excited by balloons.

I couldn't get to the Middlesborough game because I was hosting an 18th party, during which a host of 18 year old girls told me universally how impressed they were with the balloons - the 18, the Happy Birthdays, even just the plain old coloured ones with the twirly ribbon...

Chances are, your aversion to inflated latex is causing you to miss out ;)

.... getting dressd up, false ID, having a laugh, pretending to be someone else safe and 'having a laugh' safe in the knowledge that no one knows you, attention seeking...

... Sound familiar 'Dune', 'Turkish' - so why dont you tell us why you get such a laugh from trolling oin here every 15 seconds - absolutely feck all difference - like you say it 'dressing up' winds you up too? so come one use those vast intellects of yours and tell us why its os much fun

I couldn't get to the Middlesborough game because I was hosting an 18th party, during which a host of 18 year old girls told me universally how impressed they were with the balloons - the 18, the Happy Birthdays, even just the plain old coloured ones with the twirly ribbon...

Chances are, your aversion to inflated latex is causing you to miss out ;)

Glad it interests you so much. Which excited you more - the red balloons or the white ones?

There is a thread on the Englandfans forum ironically enough started by a Fulham fan (he was put in his place, don't worry) having a pop at our ground and support. Most people on there stuck up for us saying they've always been impressed with the atmosphere at SMS when they've been and that our pitch invasion and flare the other day looked really good. Though inevitably it did lead on to people asking why we have such a high percentage of middle aged men in shirts, face paints and fancy dress. I tried to explain that we're just a zany bunch down here having a laugh but that didn't appease them.

Though you cretins do realise you're making us look ridiculous? Nobody is impressed, they think you're weird. No other club in the land has as many oddballs following them as us. I despair, I really do...

Look at Man Utd's end last night, not one balloon in sight, not one silly hat, barely a replica shirt. Just 3,000 blokes watching their team without feeling the need to make an utter c*nt of them self.

It's a football match Suzy. If these strange characters want to get on TV there's britains got talent or the x-factor.

I was watching the Man City game tonight and noticed loads of foam stick things that people were flapping about. The Americanisation continues.:rolleyes:

They'll be extending h/t soon so people can stock up on buckets of popcorn.

I take it you wear a flat cap, a rosette, and wave a rattle at games? The traditional uniform of a football supporter.

Times change, people can do what they want.

Ah, now the real agenda comes out... we should aspire to be like Mancs in the Stretford end?

I would rather slice my own gonads off with a rusty blade, thanks.

Or should I go and dig out my Happy Mondays album and pretend it's 1985?

Not just them; Leeds, Everton, Spurs, Sunderland - all take proper away followings. Just blokes on the ****, not dressed up like they're off to a 5 year olds party. The way it should be.

.... getting dressd up, false ID, having a laugh, pretending to be someone else safe and 'having a laugh' safe in the knowledge that no one knows you, attention seeking...

... Sound familiar 'Dune', 'Turkish' - so why dont you tell us why you get such a laugh from trolling oin here every 15 seconds - absolutely feck all difference - like you say it 'dressing up' winds you up too? so come one use those vast intellects of yours and tell us why its os much fun

*Sends FC's post off to Bletchley Park to be deciphered*

Ah, now the real agenda comes out... we should aspire to be like Mancs in the Stretford end?

I would rather slice my own gonads off with a rusty blade, thanks.

Or should I go and dig out my Happy Mondays album and pretend it's 1985

to be fair i'd rather this than helemets in clown suits.

Edited by Turkish