Please don't embarrass us with any more clown costumes

dune

I take it you wear a flat cap, a rosette, and wave a rattle at games? The traditional uniform of a football supporter.

Times change, people can do what they want.

People could also do what they wanted in the 70's and 80's, yet nobody wore fancy dress costumes then.

You say times change, can you please explain how over time the wearing of fancy dress at the football has become acceptable...?

I take it you wear a flat cap, a rosette, and wave a rattle at games? The traditional uniform of a football supporter.

Times change, people can do what they want.

Flat cap, flat f/cking cap, since when did southerners wear flat caps?:rolleyes:

And in any case the attire back then was normal clothes.

There is a thread on the Englandfans forum ironically enough started by a Fulham fan (he was put in his place, don't worry) having a pop at our ground and support. Most people on there stuck up for us saying they've always been impressed with the atmosphere at SMS when they've been and that our pitch invasion and flare the other day looked really good. Though inevitably it did lead on to people asking why we have such a high percentage of middle aged men in shirts, face paints and fancy dress. I tried to explain that we're just a zany bunch down here having a laugh but that didn't appease them.

Though you cretins do realise you're making us look ridiculous? Nobody is impressed, they think you're weird. No other club in the land has as many oddballs following them as us. I despair, I really do...

Look at Man Utd's end last night, not one balloon in sight, not one silly hat, barely a replica shirt. Just 3,000 blokes watching their team without feeling the need to make an utter c*nt of them self.

But they weren't at a party, they were at a wake.

And it's "**** of their selves".

There is a thread on the Englandfans forum ironically enough started by a Fulham fan (he was put in his place, don't worry) having a pop at our ground and support. Most people on there stuck up for us saying they've always been impressed with the atmosphere at SMS when they've been and that our pitch invasion and flare the other day looked really good. Though inevitably it did lead on to people asking why we have such a high percentage of middle aged men in shirts, face paints and fancy dress. I tried to explain that we're just a zany bunch down here having a laugh but that didn't appease them.

Though you cretins do realise you're making us look ridiculous? Nobody is impressed, they think you're weird. No other club in the land has as many oddballs following them as us. I despair, I really do...

Look at Man Utd's end last night, not one balloon in sight, not one silly hat, barely a replica shirt. Just 3,000 blokes watching their team without feeling the need to make an utter c*nt of them self.

Mabye he's a member of the new Fulham Ultras group..

People could also do what they wanted in the 70's and 80's, yet nobody wore fancy dress costumes then.

You say times change, can you please explain how over time the wearing of fancy dress at the football has become acceptable...?

Its only you and few others stuck in an 80s/90s time warp that football should be 'blokes out on the lash' that are concerned about this and saying its not acceptable - who the flying feck gave the 'blokes on the lash' the right to dictate what is and is not acceptable when fans pay their money and go to a game? Fans that probably only feel they can go because the atmosphere of intimidation and blokes on the lash was not somehing you would take your kids to back then.... and I doubt it says anything in the rules of Association Football that says it can only be watched by ****ed up blokes, desperate to impress the opposition fans with how 'proper' fans they are - and how you should be so worried about (because of whatever insecurities some fans migh have) about what anyone else thinks...

Things evolve. Its only those that felt they 'owned' football after creating the 'blokes on the lash, firm, ****** in the 70s and 80s' that are not happy about football returning to its REAL roots, that of dads with kids and not affraid to show support for their side, rather than focusing on hate for the opposition - yes kids and some attention seekers want to dress up these days - not done back then as no one had disposable income to 'waste' on a clown suit or a stupid hat - but to suggest that football belongs to any one group of fans or that it should be supported in a particular is the frickin atttitude of a feckin Nazis.

Its only you and few others stuck in an 80s/90s time warp that football should be 'blokes out on the lash' that are concerned about this and saying its not acceptable - who the flying feck gave the 'blokes on the lash' the right to dictate what is and is not acceptable when fans pay their money and go to a game? Fans that probably only feel they can go because the atmosphere of intimidation and blokes on the lash was not somehing you would take your kids to back then.... and I doubt it says anything in the rules of Association Football that says it can only be watched by ****ed up blokes, desperate to impress the opposition fans with how 'proper' fans they are - and how you should be so worried about (because of whatever insecurities some fans migh have) about what anyone else thinks...

Things evolve. Its only those that felt they 'owned' football after creating the 'blokes on the lash, firm, ****** in the 70s and 80s' that are not happy about football returning to its REAL roots, that of dads with kids and not affraid to show support for their side, rather than focusing on hate for the opposition - yes kids and some attention seekers want to dress up these days - not done back then as no one had disposable income to 'waste' on a clown suit or a stupid hat - but to suggest that football belongs to any one group of fans or that it should be supported in a particular is the frickin atttitude of a feckin Nazis.

What are you going on about now?

3 pages on and still no one can explain how it's such a great laugh despite being told it is.

...and you and Dune have still not explained why this troilling 'dressed up' behind your avatars is such a laugh - same principle - attention seeking, wind up... no logical explantion....

...and you and Dune have still not explained why this troilling 'dressed up' behind your avatars is such a laugh - same principle - attention seeking' date=' wind up... no logical explantion....[/quote']

Please find the post where i have told anyone that will listen, or in this case read, that posting on an internet forum is such a great laugh, which is what we have been told dressing up like a clown is.

You don't half waffle on and to make it even worse, you miss the entire point once again.

Also, you say people back then didn't have the disposable to dress up. We've just entered a double dip recession, how are these people finding the money now?

...engage a few brain cells' date=' read, comprehend and respond as you see fit, but dont pretend you are more stupid than you are... struggling to see how that is actually possible....[/quote']

okay, i've read and comprehended it and it still seems you're talking utter boll*x.

Did you used to write the clues for 3-2-1?

...face palm.... its in doing it..... jeez....

well done for posting in less than 1000 words, maybe all hope is not lost. However try and comprehend and dont act more stupid than you are. We keep being told that dressing up like a mong is such a great laugh, but no one has said posting on an internet forum is.

You don't half waffle on and to make it even worse, you miss the entire point once again.

Also, you say people back then didn't have the disposable to dress up. We've just entered a double dip recession, how are these people finding the money now?

... WTF? is 'waffle on' the only response? So more middle classes with disponsable go to games and that is wrong because?

.... very droll... someone obviously sh@t in your skull as a child... only explanation... why dont you answer the questuion? what is so much fun in trolling? I have not said you have posted that you find it hilarious, its the fact you do suggesting you must? so tell me, what so great about it?

Those wierd folk dressing up have actually got one up on you anyway, as their intention is to have fun - not doen in some deliberate attempt to wind you up.

... WTF? is 'waffle on' the only response? So more middle classes with disponsable go to games and that is wrong because?

Verb - If someone waffles on an issue or question, they cannot decide what to do or what their opinion is about it.

That's the only part of your post I understood. The incorrect punctuation and spelling in the rest of it makes it hard to decipher.

.... very droll... someone obviously sh@t in your skull as a child... only explanation... why dont you answer the questuion? what is so much fun in trolling? I have not said you have posted that you find it hilarious' date=' its the fact you do suggesting you must? so tell me, what so great about it? [/quote']

Is it a trip to constantinople or the hostess trolley?

It's pretty clear we are the forum cool gang. It must remind a lot of you when you were at school. Looking on from afar as the good looking, well dressed lads who were what you wished you were while you sit on the corner of the playground with your packed lunch wishing you were a face.

If Nigel let us on the bus, we'd be sat at the back.

I'm truly touched that you care so much for your self-image that you feel the need to defend it on sites where you have no idea who you're talking to, whether they even attend matches or what they wear.

I genuinely don't give a slimy turd what some other fans think of some of our fans and I'm certainly not feeling demeaned by the fact that my 'credibility' is affected by a bunch of 'England Fans' saying one thing or another about my team.

I'll support Saints wearing what I like, sing the songs I like, take the p iss out of who I like (either at the match or on a forum;)) and be as contented or discontented about what's happening on the pitch as I always have done....I just can't be a rsed with precious pseudo-ubers who find it an issue to their image of themselves...

....other than to sit on a forum extracting the urine...which is, of course, the raison d'etre for this thread!

.... very droll... someone obviously sh@t in your skull as a child... only explanation... why dont you answer the questuion? what is so much fun in trolling? I have not said you have posted that you find it hilarious, its the fact you do suggesting you must? so tell me, what so great about it?

Those wierd folk dressing up have actually got one up on you anyway, as their intention is to have fun - not doen in some deliberate attempt to wind you up.

Demand answers to questions is the attitude of a Nazi I tell thee!!

Next season I will happily be part of an alternative set of stewards. A select group of others may join me in patrolling the edge of the pitch and picking out badly dressed/people in fancy dress and either publicly humiliating them infront of the Northam or if their attire is so bad, ejection and possible banning orders.

I'm truly touched that you care so much for your self-image that you feel the need to defend it on sites where you have no idea who you're talking to, whether they even attend matches or what they wear.

I genuinely don't give a slimy turd what some other fans think of some of our fans and I'm certainly not feeling demeaned by the fact that my 'credibility' is affected by a bunch of 'England Fans' saying one thing or another about my team.

I'll support Saints wearing what I like, sing the songs I like, take the p iss out of who I like (either at the match or on a forum;)) and be as contented or discontented about what's happening on the pitch as I always have done....I just can't be a rsed with precious pseudo-ubers who find it an issue to their image of themselves...

....other than to sit on a forum extracting the urine...which is, of course, the raison d'etre for this thread!

If the subject bothers you that little, why would you click on a thread entitled 'Please don't embarrass us with any more clown costumes'?

The Dune/Turkish/Sourmash ruination of this forum continues, made worse by the fact that the footy season has finished. You guys are unbelievably boring / dull / dreary / repetitive. We just got promoted and you are still on here moaning about all things trivial. We can't even escape your monotonous ramblings because they are just SO numerous. Sigh.

Plenty of kids and "families" went to football in the 70s and 80s, it was cheap and a laugh. Didn't see too many wigs or jesters hats at Hull away, they do like to jump on the bandwagon.

The Dune/Turkish/Sourmash ruination of this forum continues, made worse by the fact that the footy season has finished. You guys are unbelievably boring / dull / dreary / repetitive. We just got promoted and you are still on here moaning about all things trivial. We can't even escape your monotonous ramblings because they are just SO numerous. Sigh.

So what you are saying is that anyone that doesn't toe the party line on here and actually has an alternative view or opinion to the mainsteam one on here is ruining the forum, yes?

BTW who says footy? You'll be calling it Soccer next FFS.

Edited by Turkish

Oh but that's where you're so wrong.

There's this thing that I do when I see a thread that's started by some dullard I don't like. It's quite revolutionary but you should give it a try. What I do is I don't f*cking read it.

Now please, either contribute to the thread in a meaningful way or stop spamming and ruining it for everyone else. Many thanks.

Why do people get dressed up? Because they obviously enjoy it and I assume it makes them feel good and part of something. I personally don’t get it, but in a free society I have no right to question there actions, if it makes them happy that’s all that matters. As unusual Dune and his fellow Stazi members miss the irony of their dictatorial musings, he claims to understand history and to be an English patriot, well Dune the English have been dressing up for high days and holidays since time immemorial and if a saints promotion party is not a high day then I don’t know what is.

Why do people get dressed up? Because they obviously enjoy it and I assume it makes them feel good and part of something. I personally don’t get it, but in a free society I have no right to question there actions, if it makes them happy that’s all that matters. As unusual Dune and his fellow Stazi members miss the irony of their dictatorial musings, he claims to understand history and to be an English patriot, well Dune the English have been dressing up for high days and holidays since time immemorial and if a saints promotion party is not a high day then I don’t know what is.

But why is it so enjoyable? That's what we're trying to get to the bottom of here. We keep asking and nobody can explain why they do it.

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right (with flares) here I am stuck in the middle.

I'm a little confused? Are we supposed to have an opinion about what other fans do at games and how this projects to others or not?

I'm not saying I agree with the costumes or not, I'd not even thought about it until this thread. I do find it a bit rich that after the lashing I got when I formed an opinion about how one person celebrated at the final game, the same people (not you Turkish) are now telling others how they should celebrate.

Constructive responses please or if you prefer you can just respond with the normal 'get a life' or 'your a cock' type replies if it makes you feel better about yourselves.

Oh but that's where you're so wrong.

There's this thing that I do when I see a thread that's started by some dullard I don't like. It's quite revolutionary but you should give it a try. What I do is I don't f*cking read it.

Now please, either contribute to the thread in a meaningful way or stop spamming and ruining it for everyone else. Many thanks.

Every other thread is started by / jumped upon by these boring c*nts though - I don't have a problem with them expressing their view, I just cant bare the frequency of their postings. Its the same guff time after time

"your opinion is SH*T, mate, YOU SHOULD BE DOING IT THIS WAY, MATE, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG, MATE".

Give me ****ing break.

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right (with flares) here I am stuck in the middle.

I'm a little confused? Are we supposed to have an opinion about what other fans do at games and how this projects to others or not?

I'm not saying I agree with the costumes or not, I'd not even thought about it until this thread. I do find it a bit rich that after the lashing I got when I formed an opinion about how one person celebrated at the final game, the same people (not you Turkish) are now telling others how they should celebrate.

Constructive responses please or if you prefer you can just respond with the normal 'get a life' or 'your a cock' type replies if it makes you feel better about yourselves.

1. What amusement do folk get from dressing up? Don't know

2. Should fans who pay their cash be allowed to dress as they please and support as they see fit? YES, we live in a free country

3. Why do some fans have an issue with it? They seem to be obsessed or worried about how Saints are perceived as a club (or how it reflects on them), some stating that football should be the reserve of those 'blokes on the lash'

4. Why are they so obsessed? Dont know, insecurities, personal issues with clowns feck knows, but its obviously quite sad

5. Why the constant need to bring it up and start endless threads/troll about it? Dont know, but obviously enjoying trying to wind up and find it hilarious

6. But is dressing up not kind of the same thing as trolling, you know, seeking attention, hiding behind a 'mask/avatar'? Yep, but they dont get the irony

7. Are they trying to be cool, like the 'lads' that wanted the back seat of the bus at school? Interesting that this was mentioned, very true, and like those said back bus sitters/wetters usually left with 2 'O' levels in woodwork between them...

8. So this thread and topic belongs in the Muppet show really doesn't it? Would be my guess, yes

Every other thread is started by / jumped upon by these boring c*nts though - I don't have a problem with them expressing their view, I just cant bare the frequency of their postings. Its the same guff time after time

"your opinion is SH*T, mate, YOU SHOULD BE DOING IT THIS WAY, MATE, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG, MATE".

Give me ****ing break.

To be fair I think you are right on this. Any tips on how we can contribute as many interesting posts and threads to the forum as you have managed?

So what you are saying is that anyone that doesn't toe the party line on here and actually has an alternative view or opinion to the mainsteam one on here is ruining the forum, yes?

Textbook extremist response.

It's freedom of speech innit? If you can't stand the relentless drivel simply put your fingers in your ears. Don't think about trying to criticise the nonsense we post though, coz that's Nazi censorship innit.

Strange how every thread Turkish and Dune post on gets sidetracked and wrecked.

People should wear what they want to. Telling them otherwise is out of order.

I have no wish to don a wig and facepaint, but I'm increasingly tempted by threads like this.

1. What amusement do folk get from dressing up? Don't know

2. Should fans who pay their cash be allowed to dress as they please and support as they see fit? YES, we live in a free country

3. Why do some fans have an issue with it? They seem to be obsessed or worried about how Saints are perceived as a club (or how it reflects on them), some stating that football should be the reserve of those 'blokes on the lash'

4. Why are they so obsessed? Dont know, insecurities, personal issues with clowns feck knows, but its obviously quite sad

5. Why the constant need to bring it up and start endless threads/troll about it? Dont know, but obviously enjoying trying to wind up and find it hilarious

6. But is dressing up not kind of the same thing as trolling, you know, seeking attention, hiding behind a 'mask/avatar'? Yep, but they dont get the irony

7. Are they trying to be cool, like the 'lads' that wanted the back seat of the bus at school? Interesting that this was mentioned, very true, and like those said back bus sitters/wetters usually left with 2 'O' levels in woodwork between them...

8. So this thread and topic belongs in the Muppet show really doesn't it? Would be my guess, yes

Great reply, cheers.....I'm not used to them.

Textbook extremist response.

It's freedom of speech innit? If you can't stand the relentless drivel simply put your fingers in your ears. Don't think about trying to criticise the nonsense we post though, coz that's Nazi censorship innit.

Strange how every thread Turkish and Dune post on gets sidetracked and wrecked.

People should wear what they want to. Telling them otherwise is out of order.

I have no wish to don a wig and facepaint, but I'm increasingly tempted by threads like this.

This is what you are not getting my beardy wierdy ol' chum. We are trying to understand them, we are trying to find out why this is so much fun. Maybe we are missing out on something? Maybe when we see the light we can convert to fancydressism too, as yet though no one has managed to explain why this is such a great laugh that we are told it is.

You may have got to the nub of it there.

You may have got to the nub of it there.

So as we don't understand the logic of grown men wearing face paints and jester hats to football matches, we're comparable to a group of people that committed some of the worst atrocities mankind has ever witnessed. Riiiight...

You do understand that coming to an assumption like that makes you mentally unstable?