Please don't embarrass us with any more clown costumes

dune

So all in all, that article is pretty out of touch with the modern day casual.

Acute powers of observation. Tbh given that its a review of the past 30 years and written in 2009 you shouldnt have been totally fazed by that.

Lyle & Scott - Got some nice polos and jumpers for nights out but not really football clobber these days.

Fila & Sergio Tachinni - Bit gypo these days. Generally worn by those who can't afford decent clobber.

Pringle - Nobody wears that any more.

Fred Perry - See Lyle & Scott.

Burberry - Lost it's way thanks to the Burberry Cap taking off like a rocket. Some of the more subtle Thomas Burberry stuff like their knitwear is actually quite decent though.

Lacoste and Ralph Lauren - Timeless classics worn by all sorts of people, from every walk of life.

Aquascutum - Never been massively fussed on it though I do love my Cashmere scarf. Ridiculously comfortable.

Stone Island - Produced some horrible stuff in recent years but they do churn out some lovely jackets still. If worn properly, it still looks the dogs b*llocks.

Adidas Originals - The constant re-issues are slowly killing the brand but again, still capable of producing some lovely trainers. I prefer the limited edition releases. Though tend to lean towards New Balance and Superga these days.

Clown Outfits - C*ntish.

So all in all, that article is pretty out of touch with the modern day casual.

''Do you look like a faarkin post box?''

Acute powers of observation. Tbh given that its a review of the past 30 years and written in 2009 you shouldnt have been totally fazed by that.

I didn't read the text, I just looked at the pretty pictures.

Though my point was that clown looks ridiculous. You provided that link as your counter-argument. I have merely highlighted the fact that people don't wear half that stuff these days.

Edited by This Charming Man

IThough my point was that clown looks ridiculous.

Of course he did, he's a fricking clown! not known for their muted pastels and elegant classic lines. At least he's a clown who is clearly a Saints fan, not simply wearing a generic uniform which could be associated with any of the league clubs and half the high street.

You are aware that Danny Dyer just played a fictional character in a film? That's a bit like you going to an Italian restaurant and me saying LOL @ You wanting to be Tony Soprano'.

na, i'm pretty sure danny dyer has be in more than one film, i know it's surprising but he makes a living off it

and fyi tony soprano isn't a food critic, if I wore a suit, receded my hairline, and stuck a gun in my pants then u could lol

Edited by JPTCount

SSN just shown West Ham fans dressed as Superman and a banana, getting on a train to Cardiff.

I despise that club.

Can you send an urgent text to a West Ham supporting friend expressing your dissatisfaction of his fellow supporters. He can then make the appropriate post on the Hammers forum.

An excellent summary, Deano. As you say, they appear to be incapable of differentiating between a) and b) and by concentrating their bile against those who see no harm in having a party atmosphere on key dates in the Saints season, they do indeed make themselves look paranoid, insecure, as well as small-minded and juvenile.

They really must be sad individuals to care what fans of other clubs think about us and in a rather pathetic attempt to excuse it, they justify it by saying that it is pride in our club. It isn't. Mind you, one of them previously went as far as confronting rival fans and got into a spot of bother about it, so it doesn't surprise me that they think this way.

I do indeed remember the Southend lads and what a great bunch they were. I wonder if they have some of these uber fans who will have been ashamed of them. I suppose so, as the fans of clubs come from a broad church. But I'd rather have a section of fans who dress like idiots occasionally, than a section who behave like idiots and get the club a bad name because they have a reputation as trouble-makers.

They are sad cases and one of them recently had crybaby fit and ran off to the ugly inside like a spoilt child.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

na, i'm pretty sure danny dyer has be in more than one film, i know it's surprising but he makes a living off it

and fyi tony soprano isn't a food critic, if I wore a suit, receded my hairline, and stuck a gun in my pants then u could lol

I always thought Danny was a d ickhead and suprised the fake cockneys boys model themselves on him ,

Bit like the pompey boys who think their londoners sunshine.

I love the irony... the rabid defence of the working mens football culture by our resident tories' date=' Dune and Turks.... mind boggles how they reconcile this :D[/quote']

When have i ever said i was a Torie? Dear oh Dear Frankie boy, struggling so much you're making stuff up now!!! :lol:

Do thos ethat dont frequent the 'lounge' not remember your EDL video post? :rolleyes:

Come on Frankie son, stop making stuff up, you're making your self look a bigger clown than those that like to dress up as one.

Really... embarrssed about that non-sense now are you? I would be.

Not at all, because it isn't true. Find the post Frankie boy and stick it on here. Either the EDL video i was meant to put up or where i've claimed to be a Tory. come on, prove what you are saying.

Not at all, because it isn't true. Find the post Frankie boy and stick it on here. Either the EDL video i was meant to put up or where i've claimed to be a Tory. come on, prove what you are saying.

Not going to waste time searching back to last year - you know exactly what I am referring to. If thats not your bag and it was in 'jest'/trolling controversy, not sure it was appropriate material for a wind up.

Not going to waste time searching back to last year - you know exactly what I am referring to. If thats not your bag and it was in 'jest'/trolling controversy' date=' not sure it was appropriate material for a wind up.[/quote']

Oh the old "I'm not going to waste time finding it" line!! Come on admit it, you made it up didn't you and the stuff about me being a Tory, because neither are true. In that case Franks Cousin said once he hates all Asian people. Are you embarrassed about all that stuff and saying that? I would be. I can't find the post where he said it but he knows the one I mean.

See its easy this game isn't it.

Here's another point to the argument. Those of you dressed like prats in skintight football tops and clown suits, get in to many places after the game do you? No, thought not.

Those of us dressed properly can a) look smart, stylish and classy at football and b) get in to places long after the match has finished without being refused entry or laughed at.

Case closed.

Here's another point to the argument. Those of you dressed like prats in skintight football tops and clown suits, get in to many places after the game do you? No, thought not.

Those of us dressed properly can a) look smart, stylish and classy at football and b) get in to places long after the match has finished without being refused entry or laughed at.

Case closed.

I think they went to a football match not a big girls night out with all the posers with egos in their own little world.

I think they went to a football match not a big girls night out with all the posers with egos in their own little world.

Yawn, boring tool.

Also, I presume you mean 'poseur', not 'poser' whatever the hell one of those is.

Case closed.

Excellent summary.

Its not actually the clothes I object to, its the herd mentality. Just as evident in the casuals, maybe more so, as in the ginger wigs and jesters.

The whole point of being a genuine Casual is to dress better than the rest and, most importantly, uniquely.

That's why the vast majority trail in my wake.

Scene. Not herd.

Oh the old "I'm not going to waste time finding it" line!! Come on admit it, you made it up didn't you and the stuff about me being a Tory, because neither are true. In that case Franks Cousin said once he hates all Asian people. Are you embarrassed about all that stuff and saying that? I would be. I can't find the post where he said it but he knows the one I mean.

See its easy this game isn't it.

I did not 'make it up' - but am happy to admit I may be mistaken - but I do recall you contributing 'positively' to that thread, which appears to have been removed (and rightly so). even if in some sort of ironic way - it was certainly not clear - If this is not your opinion and you are not pro EDL, I apologise.

Case closed.

in a serious note, I think this sums up the argument quite well

it shows that u have an end game, but some of us dont go out in Southampton after games. I tend not to care about being refused entry to places I don't want to go to. it's not a case of insecurity, or psycho analysis, but of personnel tastes. whatever we do when we're not at SMS doesnt matter as we are all there for the same reason.

something I've always admired about football is how it brings so many different people together, and was actually thinking about it on Sat as i meandered through the crowd after the final whistle. u could put them all into little groups but ultimately we are all in one group. regardless of creed, ethnicity, or fashion taste, we are Southampton, we are premier league!

Case closed.

What if they don't want to go out after (such as the poster above)? What if they will get changed between the match and going out?

This is a very weak argument indeed. By this logic you should be having a go at the players too as they can't go out on the **** in what they are wearing to the game either!

Case closed.

Thinks. How can I go to the match, look smart enough so the fashionistas don't take the mick out of me, yet still look cool afterwards when I go out clubbing?

Thinks a bit harder. But I don't go out after the match, so I can wear what I like. Doh! Sod the bloody fashionistas, the small-minded little tw*ts.

There is something of the Village Idiot about adults who wear tinsel wigs, foam hands, etc, but if that's what they want, then fair enough, providing the red and white mickey mouse ears don't get in my way when i'm watching the game.

What if they don't want to go out after (such as the poster above)? What if they will get changed between the match and going out?

This is a very weak argument indeed. By this logic you should be having a go at the players too as they can't go out on the **** in what they are wearing to the game either!

I agree and the fashion victims who go straight out to clubs for the night,I expect would have bad body odour problems .you would have thought they would have gone home to shower and shave and changed their cothes the s melly gits,:)

It's quite clear you've applied no logic to your thought process. We're clearly talking about the fans here, what on earth have the players got to do with this debate?

It's quite clear you've applied no logic to your thought process. We're clearly talking about the fans here, what on earth have the players got to do with this debate?

If SOME people at the ground are capable of wearing different things in the evening than they wore to the ground, then OTHER people may be able to manage it too.

Simple enough for you?