Away's next year!! Top 3's

CFSFC

Coming from Scotland, the northern trips are a doddle. I enjoy the London trips especially midweek when we travel back home on the sleeper. I've never been to Stamford Bridge, Emirates or White Hart Lane and I wouldn't go to the expense of travelling to these stadiums if Saints were not playing there.

Hope that clears that up

Cheers, that's a lot clearer.

Coming from Scotland, the northern trips are a doddle. I enjoy the London trips especially midweek when we travel back home on the sleeper. I've never been to Stamford Bridge, Emirates or White Hart Lane and I wouldn't go to the expense of travelling to these stadiums if Saints were not playing there.

Hope that clears that up

So your sole reason for going isn't to just watch Saints. It's for the experience and to visit grounds you've never visited before.

On a side note, what's the over night rattler like up to Scotland?

Hope that clears that up

How much does the sleeper cost you? Always fancied using that for a trip up to Scotland.

This could be a long drawn our process trying to explain this. I'm going to give up now.

:D You walked into that Charming man the OP did ask for top 3. Seriously though, I made 9 away games last season and hoping to improve on that total next season but the London games seldom go to General sale. It will most likey be north of Birmingham games that I will be able to get tickets for. That's also what makes Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal more appealing.

:D You walked into that Charming man the OP did ask for top 3. Seriously though, I made 9 away games last season and hoping to improve on that total next season but the London games seldom go to General sale. It will most likey be north of Birmingham games that I will be able to get tickets for. That's also what makes Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal more appealing.

I did edit my post as I missed your response. ;)

Does it have private cabins and a decent buffet?
It does have cabins and a decent buffet, travelling on your own you need to share with same sex obviously but they cater for a family group. We use the recliner seats which are cheaper and really comfortable. Scot rail are having problems with their cabin heating and our last 2 journeys (Peterborough and West Ham away) the cabin was baltic during the night but we were refunded our costs

It does have cabins and a decent buffet, travelling on your own you need to share with same sex obviously but they cater for a family group. We use the recliner seats which are cheaper and really comfortable. Scot rail are having problems with their cabin heating and our last 2 journeys (Peterborough and West Ham away) the cabin was baltic during the night but we were refunded our costs

I go up to watch Rangers a few times a season and quite fancy using this an option. Will try and give it a go next season.

I'm surprised with the number of posts wanting to do Swansea. When we played them in the Championship it was an awful away day and not just because of the way we played on the pitch. The OB were well over the top and you could only go where they allowed you to. If I'm back to do it next season I'll aim to have a good drink on the train from Paddington and arrive in Swansea just after 2pm.

Really looking forward Wigan and Arsenal as I been waiting years to go to those grounds, as like others on here only premier grounds I've not been to.

Also looking forward to Norwich and Newcastle as I always enjoy the trips there no matter what the result.

Bloody hate Liverpool and Everton though

I'm surprised with the number of posts wanting to do Swansea. When we played them in the Championship it was an awful away day and not just because of the way we played on the pitch. The OB were well over the top and you could only go where they allowed you to. If I'm back to do it next season I'll aim to have a good drink on the train from Paddington and arrive in Swansea just after 2pm.

Agreed. Terrible day out. We got there so early there weren't any OB at the station, though they found us an hour later and gave us the option of the day in the cells or getting in the meat wagon and they'll drive us to the ground.

We managed to bully the steward into opening the 'cage' doors early and we slipped over the road for a few beers. Ended up in a pub with Swansea's banned lads and they were spot on. Even booked us cabs back into town later that evening.

For me Arsenal is the stand out followed by Wigan and Swansea.

After these 3 I've completed all Prem and Championship grounds.

Snap, only three I haven't done in Prem also. Have done all in current Championship.

Stevenage, Bury and Chesterfield are the only three left in League 1 that I haven't done, plus 10 grounds in League 2.

So, that's 76 of the 92 done as I type, may change dependent on Conference promotions/League 2 relegations. Haven't done Macclesfield, they are down but will be replaced by Fleetwood, so like for like swap there. Have done Hereford and Barnet, one of those two will go, would want Mansfield or Luton to replace them to keep the figure the same!

Saying that, dependant on the Saints fixture list, I am possibly planning on some League 2 games supporting my hometown team (Exeter) to make up a few more! The only one of the grounds I've done so far that hasn't been for a Saints game is Accrington Stanley, when they played Carlisle in the cup this season. Will investigate when the fixtures come out next month.

I was still in school last time we were in the Prem and never got to go to any away days. I've been to Reading and Norwich in the last few years and I've done Man City and Stoke following Dynamo Kiev in the Europa League, but that's about it.

Definitely want to do the Emirates. Probably want to do OT just to tick it off, even if it is miles away and cost £50 a ticket to watch us getting battered 5-0. Newcastle is another I wouldn't mind doing. Really not that fussed for Wigan, doesn't look any more exciting than Burnley or Bolton.

Wigan is a definite, and Stoke being the only other ground i haven't done, however the league could have loads of London days out with

Tottenham

Arsenal

Fulham

Chelsea

QPR

West Ham (maybe)

plus Reading,

that is quite a few short distance aways that even with a high ticket cost will tempt people into going

I was still in school last time we were in the Prem and never got to go to any away days. I've been to Reading and Norwich in the last few years and I've done Man City and Stoke following Dynamo Kiev in the Europa League, but that's about it.

Definitely want to do the Emirates. Probably want to do OT just to tick it off, even if it is miles away and cost £50 a ticket to watch us getting battered 5-0. Newcastle is another I wouldn't mind doing. Really not that fussed for Wigan, doesn't look any more exciting than Burnley or Bolton.

Why doesn't going to Wigan excite you?

But going to Man Utd and getting humped 5-0 does excite you?

I really have no interest in going to Man U, Chelsea, Spurs etc. I'll do Arsenal as used to love Highbury and not been to the Emirates. Probably give QPR a miss if they stay up as dont fancy paying £50 to go there. Like others have said Wigan and Stoke are two interesting ones, Villa is a great proper ground so will probably go there and Everton. Really hope we don't get the patronising images on telly that some clubs get when they come up of shots of their fans and "look at how much they are enjoying life in the premier league" remarks.

Edited by Turkish

Wigan, Newcastle and Villa I'm most looking forward too, still a fair few in the prem that I haven't done, so also looking forward to Sunderland/Stoke/Liverpool. Went to the emirates cup 3 years ago, should be a good day with a sold out away end, anyone know the allocation at Arsenal?

Wigan and Arsenal for me not overly fussed about any of the rest and i'm sure the bank balance will take a hammering next season. Will be interesting going to games thinking a point will be a good result but different to last few years

Wigan, Newcastle and Villa I'm most looking forward too, still a fair few in the prem that I haven't done, so also looking forward to Sunderland/Stoke/Liverpool. Went to the emirates cup 3 years ago, should be a good day with a sold out away end, anyone know the allocation at Arsenal?
Depends how all the fixtures fall to be honest, but Arsenal away is the only one I'm certain won't make general sale regardless of when we play there.

Why doesn't going to Wigan excite you?

Because it's not particularly special for me. I know for a fair few on here it's the last Prem ground to tick off, but to me it's just another new ground. On top of that it's quite a long trip to see 15,000 people in a 25,000 stadium. Don't get me wrong, I'll go if I'm free and can get a group together I'm just not that excited by it.

But going to Man Utd and getting humped 5-0 does excite you?

Partly because it's one of the big famous grounds to tick off, partly because Manchester is a cracking night out and partly because if we do get a result there it will be fantastic. We had that 3-3 a few years back and even under Wigley we came within seconds of winning at Highbury, so there's always that chance.

Because it's not particularly special for me. I know for a fair few on here it's the last Prem ground to tick off, but to me it's just another new ground. On top of that it's quite a long trip to see 15,000 people in a 25,000 stadium. Don't get me wrong, I'll go if I'm free and can get a group together I'm just not that excited by it.

Partly because it's one of the big famous grounds to tick off, partly because Manchester is a cracking night out and partly because if we do get a result there it will be fantastic. We had that 3-3 a few years back and even under Wigley we came within seconds of winning at Highbury, so there's always that chance.

The Premier League dream is built on fans such as yourself to be fair.

All the one's I haven't been to: Swansea, Everton, Aston Villa, Wigan, Spurs I'm very much looking forward to.

But probably looking forward to Arsenal away the most as I have alot of Arsenal supporting mates that go regularly upto the Emirates, so will be a great trip up with them on the train filled with plenty of banter.

I know this is sarcastic but I don't get it.
Those that will happily pay £45+ to see their team at Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge on the chance that this game might just be the one where we get a result there, regardless of the fact it's much more likely we'd lose 3-0 in a one-sided affair. To be honest I'm probably the same and will probably end up doing the big/expensive away days, as I'll have at the back of my mind I don't want to not be there that one time we do pull off a memorable result.

i'll do the london ones as i live here now, but aside from them top three are Newcastle - cracking night out, probably make a weekend of it. Liverpool - done most prem ground but never anfield for some reason and united/city because i've got mates in manchester and ****ing love the night out there, even if both grounds are a bit **** really (maine road on the other hand was a different story).

One i'm definitely giving a miss is Villa Park, sick to fu.cking death of going there and watching us lose!

This is going to be a really expensive season for me i think, last season i managed about 16 & with premiership prices, plus travel down to southampton for every home game i doubt i'll be able to do anywhere near that many now.

For me ...

Newcastle - never been before and fancy a stay over and a good night out in town

Arsenal - been a few times. Fabulous stadium and just want to see Saints run out there.

WBA - enjoyed it last time around ... chance of 3 points, good Baltis and beer before and after

Arsenal and Wigan as they are the only Prem grounds I've not seen Saints play at.

Newcastle / Sunderland for the weekenders if fixture computer delivers, would be staying in Toon for either.

Absolutely buzzing to go to the Emirates, St. James' Park and the Etihad (again).

Really looking forward to Anfield, Goodison, Spurs, Villa Park, Wigan and Swansea as these are the only ones I haven't done.

Think Fulham and Chelsea will be good away days too, and Reading's closer to me than Southampton so easy to get to that too!

My aim is to go to every game home and away next season.

I did this in 1999/2000

Do not think I will ever do it again, and if I did it would be without the crate of beer on a minibus at 7am!

Want to go to Arsenal, Stoke, Wigan, and Swansea. This should have been a top 4 thread.

My aim is to go to every game home and away next season.

Joined that club last season. It gets to a stage where you just can't miss a game even though you've no right to somehow get there (e.g. Hull away on a Tuesday night when you don't finish work until 4...)

• 2 weeks later...