Why I Want us to lose tomorrow

Long Shot

I'm with you saintwarwick. When Lowe leaves we will have to close the club because we will not be able to find a suitable replacement to run SFC which is understandable as we only live on a small planet with a minor population of 6.72 billion people. Lowe has god like football business powers and it's a miracle the club survived prior to 1997:rolleyes:

Errant nonsense. If there was a queue of interested investors, with the best interests of Saints at heart, they would have come forward and bought the club. They haven't.

If they're waiting for Administration and the effects of that on the Club, Staff, Suppoters and local businesses, perhaps they're not as philanthropic as one might hope (ie in it for themselves, and so what changes?).

Errant nonsense. If there was a queue of interested investors, with the best interests of Saints at heart, they would have come forward and bought the club. They haven't.

If they're waiting for Administration and the effects of that on the Club, Staff, Suppoters and local businesses, perhaps they're not as philanthropic as one might hope (ie in it for themselves, and so what changes?).

What's replacing a chief executive of a football club got to do with finding investors? Nothing! It's just an executive job in a small plc company in the leisure industry. Edited by Delmary

If the team has finally turned the corner and the club can survive the Jan transfer window without selling any of our youngsters, has the financial support of the bank and bond holders, then I believe we should stick with the current senior management setup. But if the club does not return to the premiership within a few years then administration will be a certainty. Our club is saddled with an expensive premiership infrastructure, loss of premiership income (sky tv and corporate money), hugh overdraft and falling attendances due to the credit crunch. Andrew Cowen alluded to this during pre-season and indicated that the club desperately needs inward investment, either partial or a full takeover.

Saints fan all my life mate, and I've never wanted us to lose. Born and bred in Shirley, played football on the Common and Shirley Rec with my mates.... been called many things in my life but PR plant isn't one of them. I think you need to get out more... maybe try St Marys?

A good response to my jibe, I hope you got the gist of my (flippant, throwaway) comment though. IMO, you took a stance in the 'anyone who wants Saints to lose, isn't a true Saints fan', and applied that stance to fans that no longer attend. Just because someone choses not to attend, does not mean that they want Saints to lose.

The two 'opinions', as stated above, are not reliant or equal to each other. I used my example in the same way, and although deliberately factually incorrect, and because you responded, does not necessarily, make you a plant, if anything, it would only be someones opinion, that because you responded, you must be a plant.

So, I took resentment at your statement, because, even though I don't go to games anymore, I have supported Saints for 30 years, been to more games than I care to remember, was a ST holder at SMS, and (when younger and had less responsibilities) followed Saints Home AND Away, in fact, saw many a trouncing to the likes of Man U (but beating the likes of them at home, was always sweet).

And so, even though you missed the point, I think if you re-read your initial post, you'll see that you bundled those that want Saints to lose and those that no longer go, into the same bucket and commented on them equally. I have NEVER stated that I want Saints to lose, so please, argue your case as to why this is your opinion, try not to make flippant posts that are there to incite if:

a. you want a real debate

b. you are not a PR plant

The same applies to my previous post, but then I get it!

Personally like most true fans on here I want Saints to win every game.

Like most on here I was over the moon/chuffed to bits when we beat Reading yesterday.

I really hope that we go on to beat Plymouth and then Charlton..I will not hold my breath

but will be willing them on from afar. I always put us down to win every game on this forum forecasts because thats what I want. I believe even those who have made comment about us losing are only throwing away comments with frustration as I believe

that they are Saints supporters and although wanting this Lavender Hill Mob gone, truthfully want Saints to win and felt great joy when they beat Reading..

Where as you Lowi agents/Luvvies do not really support Saints but only fall at the feet of your Oh! So arrogant one...You wanted Saints to lose when Crouch ran the club and Pearson was Managing and you wanted us relegated so your Leader could come back...Thanks for nothing Wildey...Just where the hell are you going Mr Wilde?

Hopefully the team will turn the corner(not totally confident about that...but I do pray)

Yes, I do want someone like Salz in the chair with a much more suitable board,without Lowey and Wildey..I still see this happening soon and a much better run football club as we make a slow recovery all round.

No offence to those I have crossed swords with recently...Sheer frustration on my part...Some of you deserve it for the arrogant way, you as agents/luvvies treat real fans the way Lowey does.

Very well done to the side and particularly BWP as I am not really a fan of his..Well done to coach JP and good luck to him especially if Lowey leaves him alone to get on with it.

In the meantime I still want Lowey and Wildey out.

I will not waste my time or their time (Lowey Luvvies, agents of The LoWi agency or those who have sat at the top table and cream their jeans over the arrogant one) any more as they have a job to do and that is clearly shown with their tactics/formations/rotas on this forum

Whatever You Lowey Luvvies say, we will be here long after you have left with your master. Although I do not go to St Marys anymore out of principal, I will be back...

Funnily enough I notice most of you agents of Lowey do not go to any games either. But continue to trawl this forum taking over threads or starting them in order to instructions.

Good luck to the team and JP whilst he is still here...

A good response to my jibe, I hope you got the gist of my (flippant, throwaway) comment though. IMO, you took a stance in the 'anyone who wants Saints to lose, isn't a true Saints fan', and applied that stance to fans that no longer attend. Just because someone choses not to attend, does not mean that they want Saints to lose.

OK - I should have separated out the two problems.... both of which I see as "anti Saints" but for different reasons:

1. Wanting us to lose - first team results should always be more important than your opinion on a suit in the boardroom

2. Not going to SMS soley because RL is in charge, even to the point of attending away games but not any home games

I think both are petty and stupid and anyone in either category doesn't derserve to be thought of as a Saints fan. There are plenty of other - valid - reasons to avoid SMS - budget, committments, lost interest in the team etc etc but refusing to go SOLELY because RL is in charge and planning to return if he leaves.... that's just sad and we can do without that sort of fair weather fan.

OK - I should have separated out the two problems.... both of which I see as "anti Saints" but for different reasons:

1. Wanting us to lose - first team results should always be more important than your opinion on a suit in the boardroom

2. Not going to SMS soley because RL is in charge, even to the point of attending away games but not any home games

I think both are petty and stupid and anyone in either category doesn't derserve to be thought of as a Saints fan. There are plenty of other - valid - reasons to avoid SMS - budget, committments, lost interest in the team etc etc but refusing to go SOLELY because RL is in charge and planning to return if he leaves.... that's just sad and we can do without that sort of fair weather fan.

The Lowe/Wilde axis needs gates higher than our 15,000 average or their investments go pear shaped. You may well be happy about the boycott, but a certain Rupert and Mike are certainly not.:)

The Lowe/Wilde axis needs gates higher than our 15,000 average or their investments go pear shaped. You may well be happy about the boycott, but a certain Rupert and Mike are certainly not.:)

17000 is the figure Stanley, David Luker said so in an interview with Nick I.

Don't forget we get about 70K for home televised Sky matches, had 2 of those already.

Yesterday's win will probably put us over the break even figure again on Tuesday.

What's replacing a chief executive of a football club got to do with finding investors? Nothing! It's just an executive job in a small plc company in the leisure industry.

hat seems to have passed you by is that the board (who represent the shareholders, who are effectively the Lowe/Wilde Axis) would need to sack Lowe, or he would need to resign. Neither looks like a remote possibility right now.

Forget the politics and support the team on the pitch is the best way forward. If we get promoted some rich guy will want us for his plaything - then everyone gets what they want.

hat seems to have passed you by is that the board (who represent the shareholders, who are effectively the Lowe/Wilde Axis) would need to sack Lowe, or he would need to resign. Neither looks like a remote possibility right now.

Forget the politics and support the team on the pitch is the best way forward. If we get promoted some rich guy will want us for his plaything - then everyone gets what they want.

:smt084

17000 is the figure Stanley, David Luker said so in an interview with Nick I.

Don't forget we get about 70K for home televised Sky matches, had 2 of those already.

Yesterday's win will probably put us over the break even figure again on Tuesday.

I bet it doesn't.

What an utter load of tripe!! You keep going on about "what is going on off the pitch", and about "disaster" just around the corner, but you say nothing specific, you offer not a single shred of evidence to show that something bad is happening.

We all know the club is in financial difficulties, have known that for a couple of years now. That is in part Lowe's fault, but only in part. At present, those running the club, including Lowe, are doing their best, to all appearances, to keep the club afloat by stringent control of costs, and that means playing most young a rather inexperienced players. That was always going to be a recipe for inconsistent results: no surprises there, nor any particular reason to be forecasting disaster.

If you really have something useful to say, some actual information to impart, go ahead and tell it, and stop being a drama queen! In the words of Eddie Izzard: I know you won't!

You remind me of the old "end of the world skit" by Peter Cook: when nothing much duly happens, you'll just be saying "same time next week then" and keep on with your boring and pointless jeremiads about Lowe as if you really had a point to make.

Trutyh is, you're clearly just a bit of a sad tosser. Hoping Saints lose matches: yeah, that'll right the ship all right, that's the desire of a life long fan ... not!

Shame you have to sprinkle your post with insults. If you don't like what I say fair enough argue back, ignore me whatever... but the minute you resort to calling names you lose my interest/respect in/for your views.

So, a new word to use as a slur on fellow fans - "anti saints".

I like the idea that you are someone in authority and has subordinates beneath them, because somehow, it's a do what I say because I'm right and you're wrong syndrome. I can certainly see the similarities between some of the Lowe supporters and Lowe himself. I think it stems from the way he dismisses his customers out of hand and doesn't listen to the concerns of those customers because the 'brand' will sell regardless of what a few think.

So, it doesn't matter that I return or not, because in your mind, the club doesn't need this sort of fan, and I'm glad. I'm glad that by me staying away, I am not missed, I'm glad that my money isn't needed, and I'm very glad that I'm not effecting the 'business' that is SLH FC, in any way whatsoever.

So, thanks for allowing me to be absorbed of any responsibility, at least I can say, that 'at least' 1 Lowe supporter doesn't think that I'm killing this club. Because, frankly, whether you think I am anti Saints, or not, makes no difference to me, because that is my 'personal choice' how I support my club, and if I choose to become a fan and watch from a far, I am totally happy that my family benefit from that decision. Like I've said before, I'm a family man, and Saints used to be a family club, not anymore, as it is no longer a club, but a corporate machine, I bear no regrets. And now, as a fan, absorbed of any 'impact' on the club, I am even happier.

Oh, and as a 'by the way', if I choose to return to SMS, for whatever reason, you know what, I will.

"News flash - Saints fan makes up his 'own' mind on something shocker!"

What's replacing a chief executive of a football club got to do with finding investors? Nothing! It's just an executive job in a small plc company in the leisure industry.

Excellent so you agree that it doesn't have to be a football man then? Hang on though, how will he know how to treat the "customers".

Running a PLC where I have to answer to a bunch of reactionary tosspots (and I don't mean the share holders) takes someone who is single minded and arrogant. Ermmm, like the bloke we've got.

Unless you want Leon Crouch who is single minded but hardly covered himself in glory in his recent stint did he (Dodd + Gorman, untruths about contract renegotiations etc.)

Anyone who doesn't deliver instant success will soon become enemy number one.

Try putting that in the advert and see any applications you get (oh and don't forget the salary is f'all)

I like the idea that you are someone in authority and has subordinates beneath them, because somehow, it's a do what I say because I'm right and you're wrong syndrome. I can certainly see the similarities between some of the Lowe supporters and Lowe himself. I think it stems from the way he dismisses his customers out of hand and doesn't listen to the concerns of those customers because the 'brand' will sell regardless of what a few think.

So, it doesn't matter that I return or not, because in your mind, the club doesn't need this sort of fan, and I'm glad. I'm glad that by me staying away, I am not missed, I'm glad that my money isn't needed, and I'm very glad that I'm not effecting the 'business' that is SLH FC, in any way whatsoever.

So, thanks for allowing me to be absorbed of any responsibility, at least I can say, that 'at least' 1 Lowe supporter doesn't think that I'm killing this club. Because, frankly, whether you think I am anti Saints, or not, makes no difference to me, because that is my 'personal choice' how I support my club, and if I choose to become a fan and watch from a far, I am totally happy that my family benefit from that decision. Like I've said before, I'm a family man, and Saints used to be a family club, not anymore, as it is no longer a club, but a corporate machine, I bear no regrets. And now, as a fan, absorbed of any 'impact' on the club, I am even happier.

Oh, and as a 'by the way', if I choose to return to SMS, for whatever reason, you know what, I will.

You are entitled to your opinion and actions John Smith, and you are right that football has changed. But that is football, not just Saints. For that you should blame Rupert Murdoch, not Rupert Lowe (he is merely a bit player).

I do think there are certain fans who'd raison d'etre seems to be to hate Lowe, rather than support Saints and those are fans I (as a loon that still goes) think are becoming irrelevant. We'll either sink or swim without them, so they might as well not be there.

I've watched every home game and a few away games this season. I've enjoyed good (even great) football in almost every match. Sometimes, even many times, I've walked away disheartened because we lost through youth and inexperience. Yes I find it frustrating, but more because I think we are close to the real deal - a team made up of enthusiasm, not mercenaries. A team that can play football, real football, in a hoof and run league.

.... And that is why I find stay away's who protest they won't return until Lowe goes annoying. Partly because (I believe) they're pushing us closer to administration over politics (politics that are irrelevant to the 11 players in red and white), and partly because it feels like they're killing that dream.

I also think Lowe is a convenient excuse for a lot of fans. Fans where the real reason for non-attendance is poor results, money, kids, work or distance. For them a 'Lowe Boycott' is convenient and has a lot more street cred and that's just, well a bit sad.

Not saying that's you, because regardless (until we're forced into administration anyway) it is their and your loss, not mine. And if you don't feel that loss, well you cease to be a fan of Southampton FC.

ps. not wishing to be pedantic, but it's absolved, not absorbed :)

Edited by Alain Perrin

Yes i do hope we get low attenances at St Marys.

Your logic is unfathomable. There is no guarantee that administration would see Lowe leave the club, in fact it may only serve to strengthen his tenure as he could theoretically become sole owner, yet the possibility of his departure and the subsequent dissolution of the PLC must surely be your only possible reason for wanting the club to fail.

Seems bloody risky.

TBF I have seen more similaritys betwwen Lowe and the Lowe haters than the so called Lowe Luvvies. the haters generally seem to only see things 1 way and if anyone disagree's then they are instantly dismissed as un-important. Sound like Lowe???? lol

This does seem to be from the more extreme though and exactly the same can be said from the other side of the fence.

We all choose to support the saints in our own way and I dont try to judge people on there choice. Personally I think if you support the team and you have the time/ability/money to go and watch the team play then you should. They are trying to give something worth supporting which was severly lacking last year.

My personal view is that by going along to support the team it doesnt mean that your going along to support Lowe and his muppets. there are many ways to show that this direction is not supported and ways to show that he is not welcome here. starving the club of cash to oust him would be fine if that was ever going to be the outcome. unfortunatly I dont think it is and the outcome more likly is only perminent damage to the team that we all claim to love.

All of this is my Personall opinion though and I wont have a dig at someone who chooses to do things a different way. I think john has explained more than well enough his views without getting into personal attacks on fellow fans.

Your logic is unfathomable. There is no guarantee that administration would see Lowe leave the club, in fact it may only serve to strengthen his tenure as he could theoretically become sole owner, yet the possibility of his departure and the subsequent dissolution of the PLC must surely be your only possible reason for wanting the club to fail.

Seems bloody risky.

no point in arguing with a skate on a wind up.

Seems bloody risky.

Well if you don't like your locals landlord you don't go in the pub. It's the same with Lowe and his PLC. By staying away i'm doing my bit towards the PLC crashing, it might not happen, but if it does i'll be chuffed to bits.

In the meantime I still want Lowey and Wildey out.

I will not waste my time or their time (Lowey Luvvies, agents of The LoWi agency or those who have sat at the top table and cream their jeans over the arrogant one) any more as they have a job to do and that is clearly shown with their tactics/formations/rotas on this forum

Whatever You Lowey Luvvies say, we will be here long after you have left with your master. Although I do not go to St Marys anymore out of principal, I will be back...

Funnily enough I notice most of you agents of Lowey do not go to any games either. But continue to trawl this forum taking over threads or starting them in order to instructions.

Good luck to the team and JP whilst he is still here...

You should buy yourself a bottle of this....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CK-Obsession-100ml-EDP-Perfume/dp/B000IOSHTY

I've read a lot of your posts but this one is keeerrrazzzzy. Do you seriously believe there are people paid to disagree with your opinions on here?

Not only is that lunacy, it is disrespectful. Effectively what you are saying is if I disagrees with your opinion I must be a plant/PR man etc. No, I just think you are talking ****!

For what purpose? As your post proves this forum exists for a few hardcore Saints obsessives, they aren't going to change their minds (although they'll probably shut up if we start winning again).

I've pretty consistently supported Lowe as I consider him the best option for Saints. If a better one comes along then I'll support them (but unlike you I want a viable alternative, not just cutting my legs off and then thinking about where I want to walk).

Unlike a lot of the the anti Lowe chip on the shoulder gang, I supported Saints under Wilde MK1, Crouch et al. I don't care who the suit is, provided the football is good.

Not that you'd know that by not going, but hey, your loss

Well if you don't like your locals landlord you don't go in the pub. It's the same with Lowe and his PLC. By staying away i'm doing my bit towards the PLC crashing, it might not happen, but if it does i'll be chuffed to bits.

A very fair argument, until the pub gets bulldozed and a Tesco gets built in its place.

Administration will make RL look like Mother Teresa.

stanley you really dont understand thwe implications of administration.

Tell me if saints went into administration and RL did go biut we were relegated would you go to watch us in L1 and pay say 20 quid plus to watch them.I suggest you wouldnt,it would be 'im not payiong 20 quid to watch lower league football'

You should buy yourself a bottle of this....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CK-Obsession-100ml-EDP-Perfume/dp/B000IOSHTY

I've read a lot of your posts but this one is keeerrrazzzzy. Do you seriously believe there are people paid to disagree with your opinions on here?

Not only is that lunacy, it is disrespectful. Effectively what you are saying is if I disagrees with your opinion I must be a plant/PR man etc. No, I just think you are talking ****!

For what purpose? As your post proves this forum exists for a few hardcore Saints obsessives, they aren't going to change their minds (although they'll probably shut up if we start winning again).

I've pretty consistently supported Lowe as I consider him the best option for Saints. If a better one comes along then I'll support them (but unlike you I want a viable alternative, not just cutting my legs off and then thinking about where I want to walk).

Unlike a lot of the the anti Lowe chip on the shoulder gang, I supported Saints under Wilde MK1, Crouch et al. I don't care who the suit is, provided the football is good.

Not that you'd know that by not going, but hey, your loss

Like the rest of your posts you come acroos with toatal arrogance.

Lowey Luvvie/agent/top table etc put yourself in whatever category you like

you have my opinion and your little Lavender Hill Mob.

Yes i do hope we get low attenances at St Marys.

Cracking Saints supporter! Remember this, how "Stanley" wants the demise of the club, for our youngsters to play to empty stadiums and all the promising ones to be sold when you read his posts.

It maybe inevitable but to hope for it??

stanley you really dont understand thwe implications of administration.

Tell me if saints went into administration and RL did go biut we were relegated would you go to watch us in L1 and pay say 20 quid plus to watch them.I suggest you wouldnt,it would be 'im not payiong 20 quid to watch lower league football'

I would glady take administration and relegation if it meant the parasitical presence of Lowe was gone for good. Lowe is a pariah to many fans, myself included.

There are a few people on here who think its Macho to support Lowe and Wilde, simply because they are going against the majority view and it excites them.....sad Bugxers. If they had spent time with him their view might be different

Ive not speant time with him and think he is a complete toss pot for lots or reasons.

just because I think he is the best option we have right now doesnt mean I think he is great. I actually think the very best option would be all 3 of them to work together at finding someone who wants to buy the club and take us back to the prem but as thats not an option i will stick with hoping Lowe can keep us out of administration.

As for the football I will continue to support the team no matter what suit is at the top.

You're a Saint Robbie-class moron for wishing relegation and administration on us. Utterly deluded - truely the left wing of the lunatic fringe.

I can take being called a moron on an innernet forum, but calling me left wing is downright offensive.

BTW it's fitting that you use the term "Lunatic Fringe". Maybe next time you could call me a "clingon" as that's another term used by your illustrious leader to describe the unbearable peasants that support our club.

I can take being called a moron on an innernet forum, but calling me left wing is downright offensive.

BTW it's fitting that you use the term "Lunatic Fringe". Maybe next time you could call me a "clingon" as that's another term used by your illustrious leader to describe the unbearable peasants that support our club.

Rules you out then.

Well you Lowe Luvvies are certainly not fans of SFC. You ought to hang your heads in shame.

I supported Saints before Lowe, during Lowe, after Lowe, back with Lowe and will after Lowe.

I do not support a boardroom but a team in red and white as I did as a 8 year old in the chocolate boxes.

The day I am hoping for defeat and the demise of our club (in other worlds join you) then I will hang my head in shame.

Shame you have to sprinkle your post with insults. If you don't like what I say fair enough argue back, ignore me whatever... but the minute you resort to calling names you lose my interest/respect in/for your views.

Well, I have to laugh at this one: so if I had not called you a "tosser" for hoping Saints lose matches, you would have come through with detailed information backing up your claims of impending armageddon due to as yet unspecified back room skullduggery, I suppose? Like I said: I knew you wouldn't. Any excuse to avoid giving any actual information to back up your nonsense. What staggers me, is why on earth you would come and make this thread, when you have no real information to impart, and are merely winding people up with your dismay at the club's current financial troubles and league position (a dismay we all share) and your need to pin the blame and do something negative to make things worse. Why shouldn't you be called a tosser, I'd like to know, when you are here engaging in essentially masturbatory activities, self-plesasuring through doom-and-glooming?

Well, I have to laugh at this one: so if I had not called you a "tosser" for hoping Saints lose matches, you would have come through with detailed information backing up your claims of impending armageddon due to as yet unspecified back room skullduggery, I suppose? Like I said: I knew you wouldn't. Any excuse to avoid giving any actual information to back up your nonsense. What staggers me, is why on earth you would come and make this thread, when you have no real information to impart, and are merely winding people up with your dismay at the club's current financial troubles and league position (a dismay we all share) and your need to pin the blame and do something negative to make things worse. Why shouldn't you be called a tosser, I'd like to know, when you are here engaging in essentially masturbatory activities, self-plesasuring through doom-and-glooming?

Tosser is a much used word,why in NYC you have two of the biggest "Tossers" known to humanity ie Favre and Eli Manning, or so you would surmise by reading various "football" sites. The fact that they're doing such great jobs makes calling Long Shot a "tosser" seem like a compliment, he should be proud.

As things have developed in the last week or so, I wonder if LS would reconsider his original argument?

Any change of regime hoped for by administration alone is likely to founder of Lowe's willingness to sell just as emerging players' reputations peak. That means Lallana, Schneiderlin and Surman are the new models shuffled to the front of the shop window.

Although I'm only guessing, falling gates have, if anything, only encouraged Lowe to cast a beady eye on these 'assets'.

The idea that come the end of January we'll be without all three doesn't bear thinking about. From Lowe's point of view, it could be ALL he's thinking about - especially as it seems from the fine print of the accounts that Barclays are looking for a swift reduction in the overdraft.

FWIW, Lowe would go up in my estimation enormously if he reisisted the temptation. I'm not going to bet the mortgage on it, though.

I supported Saints before Lowe, during Lowe, after Lowe, back with Lowe and will after Lowe.

I do not support a boardroom but a team in red and white as I did as a 8 year old in the chocolate boxes.

The day I am hoping for defeat and the demise of our club (in other worlds join you) then I will hang my head in shame.

A sensible post and sums up my final thought on this thread. Can't stand Lowe but can't comtemplate EVER wanting Saints to lose.