Why I Want us to lose tomorrow

Long Shot

I believe there is a group of familiar names out there willing to step in. Not neccesarily with big bucks but with enough clout to stave off administration and prevent the need to sell players we want to keep in Jan.

Should we survive into Jan (and I note the accounts have yet to be signed off) and Lallana and Co leave you watch the clamour on here then.

If they are that willing to step in surly they would want to step in before we sell off the few good players we still have and before we go into administration?

IMO anyone who wants to take us on has plenty of reservations and in the current climate wont touch us with a barge pole.

They have also seen how the fans can behave should things not go the intended route and they can probably see there investment would be worthless even in a stable financial market should things go bad.

Also the longer they leave it the less support they will have for me as if they are in a position to make a difference and let the club go down the tube then they are damaging it as much as Lowe is.

Typical luvvie. Blame anyone and everything but Lowe.

Bless.

thought as much. your about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. cant come up with a valid argument to suit your cause and you brand me a luvie just because i wont go on a witch hunt with you and your merry men.

show me a viable alternative to lowe and the muppets we have in our club and i might start to agree with your ideas.

but as things stand your as laughable as scooby.

Why do you not answer my earlier question then we may, just may see this bigger picture !

F*@k the so-called "bigger picture".

Most of us go to support the lads - to see Southampton win. And most of realise that we haven't got any hope or chance of changing anthing whatsoever in the boardroom - no matter how much we squinny. Frankly - I'm bored sh*tless of all the politics concerned with the club...it's incredibly dull...incredibly.

Any Saints fan worth their salt will walk up to SMS tomorrow fully hoping for a home win.

Those hoping for a defeat (dear 'o' dear) can happily post away 'til their heart's content on this forum during the game. Perhaps they might want to ejaculate when the final whistle goes & we've lost? But I wouldn't and never will hope for Saints to get beaten - no matter what the circumstances. That just aint right.

What has me very concerned is the fact that Mr lowe still has to rely on others to keep

him in power. However if Saints go into admin I worry that Mr Lowe will buy full power cheaply

and so will no longer need any other shareholders to support him, he will go from 6% to 100% :(

It will depend upon the value ascribed to the Club by the administrator. Although the club might be technically bankrupt it will still have a long list of creditors including the bank who will demand a high price of any buyer, to allow the club to be relaunched as AFC Southampton (2009) Ltd or whatever. They won't be getting it for £5 that's for sure.

It is not at all certain that Lowe will have that sort of money having taken a huge hit on his worthless shareholding and you can be certain that Leon Crouch would also consider himself a very interested party.

This football club is no longer my football club.

It is being run both on and off the pitch by a man who only cares about his ego and I cannot support that.

If Saints win it will be the team he picked and that goes against all the principles I used to hold dear in football.

I had a long chat last night with someone very well-placed to gauge just how serious a position this club is in. Unless Wilde, Askham, Cowen or the other Lowe backers wake up to the damage their leader is doing to the club and "pull the plug" at the next AGM we will go into administration. When that happens Lowe will 100% blame the stay away fans and more than likely move to pick up the remnants for a comparative pittance. He has no feelings towards this club and certainly blames everyone else for our current position.

I really don't think many on here truly appreciate what is going on right now, some even still support Lowe while others think after he has gone there will still be a Southampton FC.

So the only way to save our club is to get the fans and the shareholders to rebel and sadly the only thing that guarantees that is when the team fail badly (remember Branfoot). A loss v Wolves will increase the lilihood of that and so sadly for the first time in nearly half a century of undying loyalty I am hoping for a home defeat. I am sure you will all want to have a pop and some will tell me to eff off and find another club etc etc etc but I just ask you to have a good hard look at what is going on at the club and then ask yourself if you are truly happy. I am not saying it should be taken out on the players or even the manager, it is not their fault but pressure must be put on the man who takes all the major decisions. If he stays we are finished, it is as simple as that.

Do you know what, when we beat Preston a couple of weeks ago we were pretty much in the same position. But that didn't stop me jumping around the room punching the air (when Le Tissier was looking at the score on Sky Sports and not concentrating on the game) when I saw Mcgoldrick had scored. And do you know what, if you can't get excited by this type of thing, and if you couldn't get excited if Saints won tomorrow, then you are no fan of my club, and as such should not post on this board.

Pathetic. UTS!!!

Do you know what, when we beat Preston a couple of weeks ago we were pretty much in the same position. But that didn't stop me jumping around the room punching the air (when Le Tissier was looking at the score on Sky Sports and not concentrating on the game) when I saw Mcgoldrick had scored. And do you know what, if you can't get excited by this type of thing, and if you couldn't get excited if Saints won tomorrow, then you are no fan of my club, and as such should not post on this board.

Pathetic. UTS!!!

Nutshell!

thought as much. your about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. cant come up with a valid argument to suit your cause and you brand me a luvie just because i wont go on a witch hunt with you and your merry men.

show me a viable alternative to lowe and the muppets we have in our club and i might start to agree with your ideas.

but as things stand your as laughable as scooby.

I was just thinking the same thing.

The only we are ever going to get Lowe out is by supporters designating one game in three or four as a "Lowe-Out stay-away game".

There are segments of support who won't join in this, but if the attendance dropped tp around 5K on a couple of games IMO Lowe would be forced to fall on his sword.

As for the ludicrous comments that there is nobody better:-

It is good corporate governance to separate the non- executive roles.

A Chairman should alwys be a non-exec (ie he sets the direction and criteria for the executive officers to follow).

It is almost certain that Lowe interferes in every aspect.

No decent business would allow anyone with negligible knowledge of football to do anything other give the manager his financial budget, and leave everything except contract negotiations to the manager.

If the manager doesn't agree with the budgets -he either puts up or shuts up.

If the team doesn't win the manager is not performing to his job spec and he goes.

There are several posters with sound business knowledge who have followed and played football for years, but most of those would have the commonsense to realise that they were hopelessly out of their depth in the pro game.

It appears Lowe doesn't and never has.

He isn't a life-long football supporter and still has the arrogance to imagine that he has the necessary skills, this alone requires his removal to solely financial non-exec duties.

Regrettably only Barclays/ Norwich Union or his cronies can remove him.

The only thing true fans can do to ensure his swift removal is to stay away.

This season, for the first time in fifty years I really care very little about Saint's results. This hurts me more than their losses ever used to!!!

Now that is talking sence. I have said before that the stay away fans are few and far between and are not getting the support they need to amke a difference which in turn just makes week in week out more and more depressing without anything being done by it.

I have no problem with showing the board that I am not happy and want improvments. if that means they all walk out and give someone else a go or work for free then so be it. If we are going to get something done then we all need to send a clear message to those that count.

If a boycot is going to be used then it needs to be more organised and a simple boycot of the last home game of every month would IMO have more effect. Lets say we can get above 15000 on a regular basis due to all those that could turn up actually bothering, then the last home game of the month gates went down to 13 or 14000. some might notice it and think a bit more. following month other fans have cottoned onto the idea and we hit 15000+ for the non boycot games and down to 12000 for the last home game of that month.

it would not take very long at all for the gates to get below 10000 for that 1 game each month yet above 15000 for the others. the team would know who we are supporting and the board and bank would know who we are not supporting.

if your trying to twist someones arm into making something happen at least try to show the power you all posess

I believe there is a group of familiar names out there willing to step in. Not neccesarily with big bucks but with enough clout to stave off administration and prevent the need to sell players we want to keep in Jan.

Should we survive into Jan (and I note the accounts have yet to be signed off) and Lallana and Co leave you watch the clamour on here then.

LS, presumably you are referring to Leon Crouch and his associates such as the likes of Salz/Davies/Cresswell?

If so these are all highly respected business men who would be liable to do a far better job of running Saints than the current mob who IMO are merely running the club into the ground.

However, it is widely expected that Lowe and his people (inc Wilde) will not sell to any of Crouch's associates. But Loweites on here forever ask who could take over from Lowe and what would be their plans for the club's future.

Consequently, do you think LC might be prepared to go public with his plans and perhaps give an indication of any monies he may be prepared to invest to stabilise things?

This would give fans the chance to compare what the incumbents and the wannabees are able to offer and fans may then become more united behind whichever party is more favoured thus increasing the chance of stability one way or the other.

This assumes the Fulthorpe bid has failed and that no other bidder is likely. LC has no doubt been negotiating behind the scenes, but is now the time to go public?

Also as a matter of interest I notice on the new whiz bang OS that Lowes's shareholding is listed as 5.62% (then why on earth is he running the entire shabang?.... that's a rhetorical question, I know the answer). Anyway I feel sure his shareholding used to be around 6.67%, which if so means he must have divested just over 1% recently.

Does this represent an interesting development and does anyone have any info on this please?

Im away on vacation and thought Id log on and have a look whats going on...then I see this thread!!!!

What a nonsense dispicable idea. As if losing to a top of the league club is going to make any difference. LS i know you are bitter and twisted about RL but the only losers are us.

Re think your position and wish for us to win and then again and again , that would be am uch quicker way of us getting back to some sort of stability.

A few wins and your anti RL campaign would be put back in the box as the crowds would grow and the fans will stay behind the team.

Im away on vacation and thought Id log on and have a look whats going on...then I see this thread!!!!

What a nonsense dispicable idea. As if losing to a top of the league club is going to make any difference. LS i know you are bitter and twisted about RL but the only losers are us.

Re think your position and wish for us to win and then again and again , that would be am uch quicker way of us getting back to some sort of stability.

A few wins and your anti RL campaign would be put back in the box as the crowds would grow and the fans will stay behind the team.

Blimey Nick, we agree on something. But...if we go on a long losing streak, pressure will be mounting from all sides and administration would be the final nail in the coffin.

"vacation" ???

--------------------------

Oh and a lot of people on here seem to have respect for you Long Shot...can't say i'm entirely sure...this is attention seeking of the highest order...

Do shut up.

There is proof that there are rabid fans out there who do not give a toss if our club dies or not.

Judging by the many contributions on here, there are fortunately many more who like LS and myself believe that we are heading for disaster.

When Lowe returned , I said then that he would finish the demise of our club, it looks as though I was right.

The man is incapable of logically thinking through, admiting, and accepting the disaster that he has caused previously and is still continuing to do.

Whilst I do not necessarily support the "hope we lose" philosophy, it is right that a clear path IS required to remove both Lowe and Wilde, only then will there be a possibility of saving this club.

Too many years have gone by with people making excuses for Lowe,we had a club, we had supporters second to none.

Not any more

Saints RIP

Its interesting to think that if Crouch had stayed on as chairman and had enacted all the cost cutting methods that Lowe and Wilde have done, whether we would still have as much negativity and stay away fans as we do at the moment. The time has come to put aside your hatred for the chairman and actually support the team on the pitch. I for one believe that NOTHING will remove Lowe at this moment in time, whether we loose one match or 30 matches in a row therefore by wishing defeat and low attendances you are simply hastening the destruction of this club that you say you are desparately trying to save. The only thing that will remove this current regime is a successful takeover. Any takeover is gonna be more likely if everyone in the club pulls together.

Why do you not answer my earlier question then we may, just may see this bigger picture !

Quite simply because I am not at liberty to say more. Sorry.

However I would not be saying what I am saying unless I was certain we could replace Lowe with something better.

Believe it or not I threw my weight behind Lowe at the beginning (there was not really much choice) but since I have found out what is going on at SMS and how much he is pulling the manager's strings then I have had enough. And like I said I believe there are, fortunately, people out there who whilst not being big investors would enhance our precarious position.

Quite simply because I am not at liberty to say more. Sorry.

However I would not be saying what I am saying unless I was certain we could replace Lowe with something better.

Believe it or not I threw my weight behind Lowe at the beginning (there was not really much choice) but since I have found out what is going on at SMS and how much he is pulling the manager's strings then I have had enough. And like I said I believe there are, fortunately, people out there who whilst not being big investors would enhance our precarious position.

I ask what are they waiting for then? If they carry on sitting back and doing nothing then they are hurting the club as much as Lowe and Co are.

by the time they step up to be the white knight there will be hardly any club left to suppobrt and a fan base so fed up with it all they will do like you and give up supporting our club.

How any so-called Saints fan WANTS us to lose tomorrow is beyond comprehension!

Pathetic.

Ok....let's clarify some things here....

Take things out of context and no Saints fan "WANTS" Saints to lose.

Great...that's something EVERY Saints fan can agree on. Terrific.

Now then, add a dose of context and take away HUMAN EMOTION and what are we left with?

We are left with the logical scenario that a forthcoming SFC defeat (be it the next one against Wolves or another defeat not so far down the line) COULD be the moment in time that SAVES Saints in the longer term by inducing a regime change for the better.

Now, let me pre-empt the usual 'emotive' responses to what I've just said....

No, I'm not anti-Lowe per se.

No, I don't want Saints to lose any games.

Yes, if 'lack of success' over the coming weeks results in a regime change which, according to Long Shot's discussion with someone 'close to the action' , ends up saving the club in the long run then why, oh why, do people see short term pain as fans being dis-loyal?

Surely, IF Long Shot (and his contacts) are correct then it's Long Shot and similar minded people that are being 'true' and loyal fans because they can see the 'bigger picture' (a phrase that obviously raises the heckles of those that only see things on a game-by-game basis.)

Lastly, why all the vitriol when either side of this argument COULD be right ? Bottom line is no-one knows so perhaps there should be respect for arguments on both sides rather than the emotive "you're no Saint fan" response to people who can see that a negative can be turned into a positive?

Anyway, back to the blinkered vitriol....

Edited by trousers

I have not really read this site for a bit as it does seem to have turned into an anti-Lowe pro-Lowe board and not really anything to do about football nor our club.

However i can understand where Longshot is coming from with his opinion. I would never want this club to lose a game. Especially ones i have paid to see. My great grandad played for Southampton (Adam Parsons) before the war broke out, of which he would not return. I think he would be ashamed of me if i wanted them to fail. I often think about what the old players might think about the club now and where it is at and where it is going. I wonder what Ted Bates would be thinking? All his hard work of taking us from the southern leagues to the top being undone in a matter of a few seasons.

Right now we are a diseased club, we are a club that is in turmoil both on and off the pitch. It is hard to look at the picture and come away with any real positives. Any real scope of how things are. We have become a club of tit for tat. Any other buisness would of seen it's chairman fall on his/her sword by now. But our buisness is different. We have a bunch of people who don't own the club calling the shots and acting as if they do. They don't have the club at heart because anyone who did could not put it through what it has been through. Their motivated by greed and money. They most likely are holding out for some rich billionaire to come in and buy their shares rather then do the decent thing and leave. The Sisu bid to me is a prime example of it. I wonder if they offered us £20m now would Lowe and Wilde sell up? Of course they would. So i am pretty certain they are just hanging around for that last pay day.

The clear pattern we have since Lowe and Wilde returned is further instability, more in-fighting and the end seems even further away.

So i understand why Longshot thinks losing is better is because it speeds up the process of removing the people who are actually to blame for our situation. And to me that is the thing that has not happened yet, the people who failed have not been accounted for and are failing even more now un-opposed.

I do not want the club to lose any games. But if we lost to Wolves and it removed those who have put our club back almost 50 years then i would take it. That doesnt make me a bad fan, doesnt make me not a supporter. It means i want the suffering to end, i want those dark clouds and vultures that have circled us for too long to disapear. What is 1 more loss amongst 10 others? We will lose and this board will be even more depressed then ever.

I do not want the club to lose any games. But if we lost to Wolves and it removed those who have put our club back almost 50 years then i would take it. That doesnt make me a bad fan, doesnt make me not a supporter. It means i want the suffering to end, i want those dark clouds and vultures that have circled us for too long to disapear. What is 1 more loss amongst 10 others? We will lose and this board will be even more depressed then ever.

Hear hear.....much better articulated than I ever could.....it's pragmatism like this that we need.....

He does support Saints. That's the point.

if you support the team you want them to win. If you support various potential board members than you may want them to lose for your purposes i.e. drive the price down.

If someone else has the will and money they will come in - and would rather 3 points.

You have to wonder what sort of new chairman wants us to be lower before coming in!

Now then, add a dose of context and take away HUMAN EMOTION and what are we left with?

We are left with the logical scenario that a forthcoming SFC defeat (be it the next one against Wolves or another defeat not so far down the line) COULD be the moment in time that SAVES Saints in the longer term by inducing a regime change for the better.

Yes, if 'lack of success' over the coming weeks results in a regime change which, according to Long Shot's discussion with someone 'close to the action' , ends up saving the club in the long run then why, oh why, do people see short term pain as fans being dis-loyal?

Surely, IF Long Shot (and his contacts) are correct then it's Long Shot and similar minded people that are being 'true' and loyal fans because they can see the 'bigger picture' (a phrase that obviously raises the heckles of those that only see things on a game-by-game basis.)

Lastly, why all the vitriol when either side of this argument COULD be right ? Bottom line is no-one knows so perhaps there should be respect for arguments on both sides rather than the emotive "you're no Saint fan" response to people who can see that a negative can be turned into a positive?

A sensible and rational post - Trousers, I wish more were like yours. Perhaps my use of the word WANT was wrong.

Hear hear.....much better articulated than I ever could.....it's pragmatism like this that we need.....

thats the flaw in the debate if Lowe was saying "lose this one and I am going" then I would have sympathy with "fans" wanting a step back to what they perceive as a step forward. But thats not the case is it?

It is a case of someone not liking Lowe more than they like saints and wanting him to fail at all costs.

Would he take a 5 victory run if offered? Probably not.

When you put it like that, fair enough, but only if it really did make a difference and someone genuinly better was waiting in the wings. My feeling is there isn't.

I understand Long Shot's sentiments but I don't agree with them.

Someone earlier said that Wilde won't sell to Salz or Davies but if he is in as much need of money as has been suggested in recent weeks, why not sell to them? Whoever it is that LS alludes to, what are their plans or Crouch's plans if they do get control? Do they have the money to make any difference to the team?

if you support the team you want them to win. If you support various potential board members than you may want them to lose for your purposes i.e. drive the price down.

If someone else has the will and money they will come in - and would rather 3 points.

You have to wonder what sort of new chairman wants us to be lower before coming in!

Ive tried asking why they havnt made a move yet and get no answer. Some people are more than happy to make wild assumptions and attention seeking posts but the nuts of it they havnt got answers.

I dont have anything against anyone on here but find this thread as crazy as some of scoobys threads.

i can see some point to the boycotting thing (if it was done properly and not the shame that is supposed to be going on now) and i can almost see the point in wanting the team to lose (only if it really was goingf to make a difference long term) but wanting us to lose probably 1 of the few games we are not expected to win? thats just madness.

If we were in the prem this .ear and someone spouted off this type of stuff the team we would be playing would not be wolves, it would be chelsea. now who in there right mind is going to make major changes because we lose against chelsea?

Put things into pertspective please people. we are a week team in the CCC and none of us like it. to get stronger we need a takeover or our team to improve drasticly. neither seem very close TBH but we do have a team of kids that want to do nothing but improve as it nothing else it will improve there chances of a decent career.

So at least give them some support FFS they are some of the few people at our club that deserve it.

Someone earlier said that Wilde won't sell to Salz or Davies but if he is in as much need of money as has been suggested in recent weeks, why not sell to them? Whoever it is that LS alludes to, what are their plans or Crouch's plans if they do get control? Do they have the money to make any difference to the team?

pretty much rll our chairmen have said that to sell would have to be in the intrest of SFC and so ffar no-one has got past the stage of showing that they have the clout to move forward.

personally I think the price has to be right more than the good of the club but either way no-one has put forward a bid so I guess there is no-one that can put there money where there mouth is yet.

Whoever it is that LS alludes to, what are their plans or Crouch's plans if they do get control? Do they have the money to make any difference to the team?

They have been in the 'background' for too long now, Crouch will be more than aware of what is needed yet still we, the run of the mill fans, hear nothing of this plan.

Surely there is no restriction on saying "I and others are active in our attempts to change Saints fortunes by creating a consortium with the means to do so" then those that suggest they are ITK but are not at liberty to disclose will be free of suspicion with regard to their motive, don't give a fu ck who comes out with the statement but would like them to put a time line on it, if they do not exsist then we have no alternative but to support our club and hope fortunes change generically

I'm in and out today, with the PC left on so please excuse these, maybe, daft questions as I haven't checked back.

I gather that Wilde wants out?

He'll not sell to Salz or Davies, why?

Presumably he'll not sell to Crouch then?

So the man who came to our rescue but can do no more for us will sell to numerous, unnamed principals but not these three?

So he, as a businessman, is prepared to see Saints founder, along with it the best part of 1.5 Million (?) of his cash?

Nose to spite the face time?

Well, better luck with Fawlty Towers then is all I can say because that logic doesn't seem to stack up and seems to be just driven by spite and venom.

Please tell I'm wrong to see his actions thus so!

Nick even you and the most rabid pro lowe guys must know the next win is probably a long way off.

I used to work for an American comptroller and he once said to me...the only way to get you Brits attention is to push you up against the wall and hit you between the eyes. I feel the same way about some of the Lowe contributors on here.

Then when it all goes belly up...they will be saying I didn't realise things were that bad ! what shall we do now?

Nick even you and the most rabid pro lowe guys must know the next win is probably a long way off.

I used to work for an American comptroller and he once said to me...the only way to get you Brits attention is to push you up against the wall and hit you between the eyes. I feel the same way about some of the Lowe contributors on here.

Then when it all goes belly up...they will be saying I didn't realise things were that bad ! what shall we do now?

but i dont think there are many people that cant see how bad it really is.wanting it to get worse with nothing better to look forward too is meant to be the way to go now?

Surely Wilde and Lowe know how fans feel Wilde even posts here.

Look at the Previous Independant Board run but Hone etc they we acceptable and in fact caused the problem we are in at the moment.

I think Lowe and Wilde should be given time to resolve the problem.

I'm glad that at least Wilde knows the situation regarding how fans feel about him and perhaps he might even convey those feelings to Lowe. Just to make it crystal clear to them though, so that there is no room for misunderstanding;

Most feel badly betrayed by Wilde, but if he cares at all for how he is perceived by us, there is still a chance for redemption if he withdraws his support for Lowe now and allows plans for others to take over the running of the club who can bring unity.

As for Lowe, well, I don't think that it is exagerating things to say that he is genuinely despised by a majority of the fans who would be ecstatically happy if he left and never returned.

But as to your call for the two of them to be given time to resolve the problem, then why? They are jointly the biggest architects of our current demise, both abject failures who have made matters worse since their return. Do you want them to have enough time to force the club out of business through bankruptcy, or would administration be as far as you would be prepared to allow them to take us?

I don't understand why, just because you want to keep supporting the team you have for years - irrelevant of who is in boardroom - you are accused of either

being a lowe luvvie, or

burying your head in the sand.

I just feel better when I go, win or lose, and better still when we win

F*@k the so-called "bigger picture".

Most of us go to support the lads - to see Southampton win. And most of realise that we haven't got any hope or chance of changing anthing whatsoever in the boardroom - no matter how much we squinny. Frankly - I'm bored sh*tless of all the politics concerned with the club...it's incredibly dull...incredibly.

Any Saints fan worth their salt will walk up to SMS tomorrow fully hoping for a home win.

Those hoping for a defeat (dear 'o' dear) can happily post away 'til their heart's content on this forum during the game. Perhaps they might want to ejaculate when the final whistle goes & we've lost? But I wouldn't and never will hope for Saints to get beaten - no matter what the circumstances. That just aint right.

well said! the people who do want us to lose won't have to do much wishing though

Charles Dickens couldn't have written a better script than this latest one being played out by those who've crawled back out from under their stone together with their same old agenda. What bitterness, what hatred!

What they fail to see is that beggars can't be choosers and there ain't any one else prepared to foot the bill and save the club, or even put in the effort to work on it.

I'm sorry but it's early days, just like it was our first season back in the Championship in November/December where some folk squeezed Harry, Dennis Wise and Co to ensure they jumped ship. It was then that we stood our best chance of a return to the Premiership. Done pretty well for themselves since leaving, quite the opposite to that bugger Burley.

Keep pushing us over the edge and then wake up some day and find us ground sharing with the likes of Pompey and Cherries.

Love unites whereas hatred and evil doers divide! That's just what these folk are up to. Dividing and ruling, over and over again.

What a way to motivate, or bring confidence to a smashing group of young lads, who are prepared to give their all for a club whose supporter base is split right down the middle. Split by those who have an agenda and selfish motives and are constantly troublemaking.

If their Leon Crouch is such a magnificent chappy, then why the hell has he failed over the past 3 years to put his money where he claims his heart is.

"Penny for the guy sir?" Why, it's only pennies he's put up against what he should have done at the time. Just like the flash guy at the bar offering pints but who suddenly disappears when folk start expecting him to foot the bill for champagne.

And who could believe there are folk on here championing the likes of Askham and Co? Especially, in the face of all their past venom written on this forum and thoseforums that came before and went in just the same way this one is heading. Mark my words, give it another couple of months and this forum will go the same way as the others and your 5 quids along with it.

Let's see the lads win tomorrow as I am certain they will do. Jan is no fool and these young lads are worth 10 of the mercenaries that we've suffered over the past 5 years. And for what it's worth I'd far rather put my money on Rupert Lowe and Andrew Cowen turning this around than any of the other leaches that have walked the corridors of the Dell and St Mary's since Ted Bates retired as manager.

I'm glad that at least Wilde knows the situation regarding how fans feel about him and perhaps he might even convey those feelings to Lowe. Just to make it crystal clear to them though, so that there is no room for misunderstanding;

Most feel badly betrayed by Wilde, but if he cares at all for how he is perceived by us, there is still a chance for redemption if he withdraws his support for Lowe now and allows plans for others to take over the running of the club who can bring unity.

As for Lowe, well, I don't think that it is exagerating things to say that he is genuinely despised by a majority of the fans who would be ecstatically happy if he left and never returned.

But as to your call for the two of them to be given time to resolve the problem, then why? They are jointly the biggest architects of our current demise, both abject failures who have made matters worse since their return. Do you want them to have enough time to force the club out of business through bankruptcy, or would administration be as far as you would be prepared to allow them to take us?

The only reason I said let them get on with it is because there does not appear to be an alternative.

Boycotting only makes the situation worse I would have thought.

The only way to change the board for the good would be for someone else to buy Lowe or Wilde's Shares but is that likely.

Even if the shares were sold and a new board formed where do we go from there Would we have any money to buy and pay wages for new players.

However if Wilde is not prepared to sell his shares I think that is completely wrong but is this true or another bit of malicious gossip.

If we do get another regime the plan of giving youngsters a chance should be kept but with buying more experienced and physically strong defenders and strikers

Am i the only one who thinks Saints will win tomorrow? don't ask me why, just would be typical Saints to go and win.

The fact that Wolves lost 5-2 to Norwich gives me hope.

In August 1965 I saw us beat Wolves 9 3 despite being a goal down after 1 minute to a Tony Knapp own goal at the Milton Road end

But we did have George O'Brien and Martin Chivers to score the goals and Jimmy Melia to pull the strings.

In August 1965 I saw us beat Wolves 9 3 despite being a goal down after 1 minute to a Tony Knapp own goal at the Milton Road end

But we did have George O'Brien and Martin Chivers to score the goals and Jimmy Melia to pull the strings.

You have no ideas how many times my dad has told me about that game...

Go on tell the bit about us signing their goalkeeper... ;)

You have no ideas how many times my dad has told me about that game...

Go on tell the bit about us signing their goalkeeper... ;)

Yes we did sign their goalie I never thought him that good when playing for the Saints he was a cheap replacement for Forsyth who broke his leg.

Edited by John B