Why I Want us to lose tomorrow

Long Shot

You mean he should have conceded more than 9?

Well in the game v Wolves we never scored after 60 mins although there was relentless pressure on the Wolves goal.

I returned to the Dell the following Tuesday or Wednesday v Rochdale in the League Cup fully expecting us to score 12 but I was very disappointed that we only scored 4.

How I wish we would score 4 in the remainder of November but I dont want us to lose tomorrow although I dont expect us to win.

Edited by John B

This thread is really very sad. Lowe and Wilde have driven fans of this club against supporting the club. Even if you are behind the current regime you must concede there is no hope for club until Lowe and wilde are gone for good.

I can see where LongShot is coming from. If defeat, or an empty stadium, meant the end of Lowe then I'm all for it.

To be honest, I couldn't really give a toss whether we win or lose any more. The enthusiasm that I had for years just isn't there.

If that means I'm not a supporter then you may be right. However, like LongShot this no longer feels like Southampton FC. Personally it feels more like Lowe FC.

Cue abuse from the usual suspects.

This thread is really very sad. Lowe and Wilde have driven fans of this club against supporting the club. Even if you are behind the current regime you must concede there is no hope for club until Lowe and wilde are gone for good.

I must admit to not really being worried that Lowe and Wilde are there.

It is up to JP and the team to win the games and score the goals I feel too much is being focused on the board.

We just need a large slice of luck for a change.

I must admit to not really being worried that Lowe and Wilde are there.

It is up to JP and the team to win the games and score the goals I feel too much is being focused on the board.

We just need a large slice of luck for a change.

What do you mean we need luck for a change?

We've not been unlucky in games, we're sh1t because we've got a chairman who wants a team full of teenagers.

I can see where LongShot is coming from. If defeat, or an empty stadium, meant the end of Lowe then I'm all for it.

To be honest, I couldn't really give a toss whether we win or lose any more. The enthusiasm that I had for years just isn't there.

If that means I'm not a supporter then you may be right. However, like LongShot this no longer feels like Southampton FC. Personally it feels more like Lowe FC.

Cue abuse from the usual suspects.

I have been supporting SFC since 1962 and during that time my enthusiasm for the team has changed from season to season but I am still a supporter and always will be

Every week I hope for success but most weeks especially for the last few years success has been hard to find.

But I am very lucky compared to the youngsters of today I started watching just as Ted Bates plan started to work and I saw some wonderful players in Saints Shirts and saw some unbelievable games something I am unlikely to see again

What do you mean we need luck for a change?

We've not been unlucky in games, we're sh1t because we've got a chairman who wants a team full of teenagers.

You obviously do not understand the situation at SFC either because you dont or cant.

Lowe does not want a team of teenagers he wants a team that can be afforded because I understand that I am relatively calm about the present situation and hope for the best.

I agree compared with other SFC teams I have seen this current one is not very good

But some luck would help

Edited by John B

I have been supporting SFC since 1962 and during that time my enthusiasm for the team has changed from season to season but I am still a supporter and always will be

Every week I hope for success but most weeks especially for the last few years success has been hard to find.

But I am very lucky compared to the youngsters of today I started watching just as Ted Bates plan started to work and I saw some wonderful players in Saints Shirts and saw some unbelievable games something I am unlikely to see again

Nice post John, fair play to you.

I wasn't born in 1962, but I am old enough to remember my old man taking me to see the open top bus-ride in 1976. I have been lucky to see many world-class players turn out for Saints, and also lucky to have seen some miraculous escapes from relegation.

The time for hoping for success is over for me. It isn't going to happen, and we all know why.

If enough people who currently go to matches at SMS would boycott then at a rate of approx £25000 per 1000 that would be a significant amount.

As there are only approximately 4000 supporters other than season ticket holders who have already paid up front, the maximum damage at current levels is less than £100,000 per game.

If there was that sort of damage then it would IMO cause under the present regime, a fire sale of assets at whatever we get for them and result in definite relegation.

It is hardly likely that the present incumbents would be forced to resign. However the one significant weakness is Michael Wilde. The way to reverse the existing share influence would be to target the football chairman, provided there are people prepared to buy his shares to let him out.

With an AGM now due, this is definitely the window of opportunity to move.

Nice post John, fair play to you.

I wasn't born in 1962, but I am old enough to remember my old man taking me to see the open top bus-ride in 1976. I have been lucky to see many world-class players turn out for Saints, and also lucky to have seen some miraculous escapes from relegation.

The time for hoping for success is over for me. It isn't going to happen, and we all know why.

I think the Premiership has done for SFC assisted by Lowe in appointing Wigley and Gray.

Success today is paramount I was listening to a discussion on Radio 5 where managers are not giving youth a chance preferring to buy in ready made foreign players.

Our success in the past was built on youth with buying players like Ball Keegan Shilton and Osgood but that is impossible these days as their wages would be so high.

This football club is no longer my football club.

It is being run both on and off the pitch by a man who only cares about his ego and I cannot support that.

If Saints win it will be the team he picked and that goes against all the principles I used to hold dear in football.

I had a long chat last night with someone very well-placed to gauge just how serious a position this club is in. Unless Wilde, Askham, Cowen or the other Lowe backers wake up to the damage their leader is doing to the club and "pull the plug" at the next AGM we will go into administration. When that happens Lowe will 100% blame the stay away fans and more than likely move to pick up the remnants for a comparative pittance. He has no feelings towards this club and certainly blames everyone else for our current position.

I really don't think many on here truly appreciate what is going on right now, some even still support Lowe while others think after he has gone there will still be a Southampton FC.

So the only way to save our club is to get the fans and the shareholders to rebel and sadly the only thing that guarantees that is when the team fail badly (remember Branfoot). A loss v Wolves will increase the lilihood of that and so sadly for the first time in nearly half a century of undying loyalty I am hoping for a home defeat. I am sure you will all want to have a pop and some will tell me to eff off and find another club etc etc etc but I just ask you to have a good hard look at what is going on at the club and then ask yourself if you are truly happy. I am not saying it should be taken out on the players or even the manager, it is not their fault but pressure must be put on the man who takes all the major decisions. If he stays we are finished, it is as simple as that.

Its ****s like you that make me despair,nothing else....................keep boycotting please we dont need you.

I take it that you cant understand by your attitude in your moronic response

No mate, it's bull**** that we are playing kids because we have to. We are playing the kids because it's Lowes great masterplan. It's not a financial decision, it's Lowe thinking he knows best.

If enough people who currently go to matches at SMS would boycott then at a rate of approx £25000 per 1000 that would be a significant amount.

As there are only approximately 4000 supporters other than season ticket holders who have already paid up front, the maximum damage at current levels is less than £100,000 per game.

If there was that sort of damage then it would IMO cause under the present regime, a fire sale of assets at whatever we get for them and result in definite relegation.

It is hardly likely that the present incumbents would be forced to resign. However the one significant weakness is Michael Wilde. The way to reverse the existing share influence would be to target the football chairman, provided there are people prepared to buy his shares to let him out.

With an AGM now due, this is definitely the window of opportunity to move.

So this is the direction we should take, stop supporting the club. So if the idiot Crouch returns I should withdraw all the monies I contribute towards Saints? Very sound plan, I can see us storming up the league.

This football club is no longer my football club.

It is being run both on and off the pitch by a man who only cares about his ego and I cannot support that.

If Saints win it will be the team he picked and that goes against all the principles I used to hold dear in football.

I had a long chat last night with someone very well-placed to gauge just how serious a position this club is in. Unless Wilde, Askham, Cowen or the other Lowe backers wake up to the damage their leader is doing to the club and "pull the plug" at the next AGM we will go into administration. When that happens Lowe will 100% blame the stay away fans and more than likely move to pick up the remnants for a comparative pittance. He has no feelings towards this club and certainly blames everyone else for our current position.

I really don't think many on here truly appreciate what is going on right now, some even still support Lowe while others think after he has gone there will still be a Southampton FC.

So the only way to save our club is to get the fans and the shareholders to rebel and sadly the only thing that guarantees that is when the team fail badly (remember Branfoot). A loss v Wolves will increase the lilihood of that and so sadly for the first time in nearly half a century of undying loyalty I am hoping for a home defeat. I am sure you will all want to have a pop and some will tell me to eff off and find another club etc etc etc but I just ask you to have a good hard look at what is going on at the club and then ask yourself if you are truly happy. I am not saying it should be taken out on the players or even the manager, it is not their fault but pressure must be put on the man who takes all the major decisions. If he stays we are finished, it is as simple as that.

losing to wolves will change nothing,probably losing to a team lower than us might ***** up a few ears but thats about it.

what exactly do you think losing to wolves will achieve? to wish failure on a football team you have supported for years is crazy.why not go the whole hog and stand with the wolves fans tomorrow.

you might be p1ssed off,we all are,but there is no need to make the situation worse for those of us who still actually want to support the team and not wish ill on their chances.

i understand the old saying 'being cruel to be kind' but in this case i dont think it applies.

we need to survive,we need to support and we need to attend,we dont need to hope that the team lose to get rid of lowe that decision is out of our hands.

No mate, it's bull**** that we are playing kids because we have to. We are playing the kids because it's Lowes great masterplan. It's not a financial decision, it's Lowe thinking he knows best.

He is only doing what Trevor Brooking also wants

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7725388.stm

but mainly because of finances

I like Lordswood Saints Post it is extremely realistic and I am in agreement with the contents

I think Trevor Brooking is boring and never says anything of interest

Edited by John B

What will losing tmw accomplish, apart from pushing us closer to relegation? Even if we were bottom and adrift at Christmas, what can change about our situation? Is there anyone waiting to take us over? Is there another manager (who would realistically take the job) who could do a substantially better job than Jan, given that they would have no money to spend and would have to play with exactly the same squad?

I hate the current situation at Saints, have no love for Lowe and lament some of Jan's crazy team selections at times, but until someone can give me a viable and realistic alternative for the running of the club and the team, I will continue to give the team my full support

You will likely get your wish though I can see us get a tonking tmw. Kightley up against Lloyd James at RB?

The bold part is an excellent post and and I agree entirely. There has been no alternatives willing to take over the mess so if Lowe was removed without an injection of cash we would still be in the same sh1t.

The bit not in bold? I remain hopeful in my normal optimistic way and I'm going for a draw :D

lets say we lose to wolves and that starts a chain reaction which ends in lowes departure (very unlikely imo) would this mean that crouch gets his job back? and then lowe again comes back to oust crouch,and then crouch hits back.....etc etc on and on.

do you want this to happen?,because i dont,we dont need the constant power struggles.it is the tit for tat between the major shareholders that is damaging the club.

we need a clean sweep to get rid of the lot of them imo,i dont rate wilde and crouch as they are amateurs,lowe has a bit of professionalism about him but it is obvious that he upsets more people than he pleases but i think i would prefer lowe to still be in charge if i had a choice between the lot of them.

It would be a cold day in hell before i ever want Southampton FC to lose a game, i will be there tomorrow cheering, shouting, clapping and anything i can do to try to help my team win. As much as i detest lowe and co i love my football team much much more

Perhaps those 'supporters' who want us to lose tomorrow should take heed of this post.

I started in 1967 but my sentiments are pretty much the same........I don't think it likely we will ever see and feel what we have known for well over 30 years. There were some very good times!

Guest Hacienda
Perhaps those 'supporters' who want us to lose tomorrow should take heed of this post.

Whilst I would never, ever want my team to lose, under any circumstances, I can understand why some do in this instance.

They view it as a "cruel to be kind" cure.

Whilst I would never, ever want my team to lose, under any circumstances, I can understand why some do in this instance.

They view it as a "cruel to be kind" cure.

Not only do i hope we lose, i hope we get absolutely hammered.

Yes we did sign their goalie I never thought him that good when playing for the Saints he was a cheap replacement for Forsyth who broke his leg.

I was there too, that will be Dave MacLaren off course - he was actually Wolves player of the game in that 9-3 defeat, believe it or not.

So this is the direction we should take, stop supporting the club. So if the idiot Crouch returns I should withdraw all the monies I contribute towards Saints? Very sound plan, I can see us storming up the league.

I'm not proposing this, I want to see the team win, I also will go to the games as I have season tickets. The boardroom issue has nothing to do with my watching football.

The boycott as I've set out won't really work unless the bank withdrew it's support, at the same time forcing the sale of any asset at whatever price is offered.

However targeting Wilde might persuade him to bale out, if there is a willing buyer. That would turn the tables yet again, but changing the board would make little difference to the financial situation.

We need an end to the devisiveness. If that means the departure of Lowe, Wilde and Crouch and harmony is restored despite a lack of money that would do me.

What the fu ck are they waiting for then ? you believe/you know/you spoke to blah blah blah...tell us why those you believe are not stepping up to the plate and proposing an alternative, please tell us who these white knights are and why they are not charging in based on the financial information YOU have ???

Long Shot has been dropping hints/cryptic clues etc for months now but to no avail. If these so called white knights are waiting in the wings why are they just watching us sink further down the pan? He say's he can't say too much, I just wished he'd put up or shut up.

Long Shot has been dropping hints/cryptic clues etc for months now but to no avail. If these so called white knights are waiting in the wings why are they just watching us sink further down the pan? He say's he can't say too much, I just wished he'd put up or shut up.

Strange that it all started when he got a betting tip from Fulthorpe at Doncaster though isn't it. Won 1200£ or so from that and has been giving the forum gyp ever since.

Guest Hacienda
Not only do i hope we lose, i hope we get absolutely hammered.

Not interested in your view as you're Scooby using a different username and trolling in a different manner.

Not interested in your view as you're Scooby using a different username and trolling in a different manner.

Nope, i really do hope we get hammered as we need the few remaining fans left in the ground to turn on Lowe voiciferously.

Guest Hacienda
Bull****

Ironically I think he's part correct.

Lowe has wanted the youngsters played for ages, it's no secret and the bank has ensured that it's been allowed to happen to such an extent.

I'm all for youngsters, especially home grown but we all recognise that we really needed at least one experienced striker and we are paying the price for not having one.

Agree entirely, we have been here many many times before with the usual suspects (they don't require naming again) - but all have been proved to be nothing but tyre kickers. I really cannot be arsed to get into the old ITK and source arguments again, but suffice to say - if your going to throw 'bones' you should be ready to pack some 'meat' on when questioned.

That aside - why anybody would want their team to lose games is alien to me. How LS thinks this will assist our plight in any way is totally beyond me. And before he comes back and tells me to see 'the bigger picture' - I can't - I'm not ITK, so please feel free to enlighten me and put some meat on the bones that you have dropped in previous threads.

The only way we can get out of this mess is by winning football matches so I wasnt us to win every game. Having said that I can understand the despondency which has led some people to give up.

We have been in a mess since 2004 because we have simply not won enough matches and we have to get that winning habit again.

The only way we can get out of this mess is by winning football matches so I wasnt us to win every game. Having said that I can understand the despondency which has led some people to give up.

We have been in a mess since 2004 because we have simply not won enough matches and we have to get that winning habit again.

The way i look at it is that Saints as a club are past the point of return in respect of going into administration. Therefore why bother hoping we win games here and there to prolong the death?

In hindsight it would have been better if we'd lost to Sheffield United last season as at least then we'd have moved the process along instead of postponing the inevitable.

Sorry mate but I think we need to lose fans like you as well. Hell will freeze over before I wish for Saints to lose. I will be there tomorrow. I will enjoy the game. Whatever the result.

I think you've forgotten what football is about.