Why I Want us to lose tomorrow

Long Shot

Ha Ha Classic.

Why is it that you Luvvies now feel so ashamed to nail your colours to the mast?

Just because you are a Lowe Hater someone who does not agree with you is not always a Lowe Luvvie

We dont seem to agree on anything but never mind

No, he's not Scooby. He used until recently to run his own Saints web site, but that has now disappeared. Before it did, it degenerated to the point where it had about half a dozen posters, with a remarkable degree of attention being paid to what was being posted on this site. My favourite thread on that site (I only looked at it once or twice, but that was quite enough) was one concerning the worst Lowe luvvies on this site - Scooby was top of the list, showing that Stanley (as he's now known on here) never quite worked out that Scooby was a troll who had no allegiance to Saints whatsoever.
i think i no who it is,that explains the brain dead comments he posts:D i think most posters can see.

Ha Ha, my hero is Ian Douglas Smith, not some Tory failure.:D

http://rhodesian.server101.com/Ian%20Douglas%20Smith.htm

A nice censorial view of a nasty man.

Ian Smith supported the rule of Rhodesia by the white minority (they numbered 6% which is the same percentage as Rupert Lowe has in his minority rule of Saints). Given the parallels with Lowe and Ian Smith surely you are on the wrong side....

There's also a nice quote about Ian Smith on Wikipedia.

"Smith failed to take advantage of opportunities, and in so doing, he came to appear both intransigent and indecisive."

That sums up the anti-Lowe/lose and get him out mob - all mouth, no alternatives.

Ian Smith supported the rule of Rhodesia by the white minority (they numbered 6% which is the same percentage as Rupert Lowe has in his minority rule of Saints). Given the parallels with Lowe and Ian Smith surely you are on the wrong side....

"Smith failed to take advantage of opportunities, and in so doing, he came to appear both intransigent and indecisive."

That sums up the anti-Lowe/lose and get him out mob - all mouth, no alternatives.

Where as all we have now with Lowe ............

Is no mouth no fans............

No decent team...........

No hope.......

No chance of staying in this league...

Where as all we have now with Lowe ............

Is no mouth no fans............

No decent team...........

No hope.......

No chance of staying in this league...

Mike Wilde agrees with that last one....he's got a piece in tomorrow's matchday programme about "the club's ambitions to return to the Premier League"....

Just because you are a Lowe Hater someone who does not agree with you is not always a Lowe Luvvie

We dont seem to agree on anything but never mind

Just because you're a Lowe Luvvie, doesn't mean that anybody who disagrees with your opinion is a Lowe hater.

Did you see what I did there?

This labelling of posters just because their opinions are polarised is becoming tiresome. Sufficient to say that the individual who is responsible for polarising these opinions is the the most divisive in the club's long history.

Just because you're a Lowe Luvvie, doesn't mean that anybody who disagrees with your opinion is a Lowe hater.

Did you see what I did there?

This labelling of posters just because their opinions are polarised is becoming tiresome. Sufficient to say that the individual who is responsible for polarising these opinions is the the most divisive in the club's long history.

Absolutely right....only problem is we are stuck with him.

Now what is very puzzling to me is...Crouch is alleged to be waiting in the wings, I thought that we were in so much trouble we require IMMEDIATE ACTION now. Why wait Leon...come on here and explain, most of us would support you

Absolutely right....only problem is we are stuck with him.

Now what is very puzzling to me is...Crouch is alleged to be waiting in the wings, I thought that we were in so much trouble we require IMMEDIATE ACTION now. Why wait Leon...come on here and explain, most of us would support you

Could it possibly be because he hasn't picked the phone up to offer or even to demand??? and has just left it to his proxies on here

I'm sure he has somebody like Dave Jones's number or even one of Rupert's proxies if he wants to tell the club what they have to do to get him in with his money without talking to Rupert himself.....

Which of course is a leap of faith assumption that he is actually willling or able to do something, as he hasn't actually TOLD US anything.

Could it possibly be because he hasn't picked the phone up to offer or even to demand??? and has just left it to his proxies on here

I'm sure he has somebody like Dave Jones's number or even one of Rupert's proxies if he wants to tell the club what they have to do to get him in with his money without talking to Rupert himself.....

Which of course is a leap of faith assumption that he is actually willling or able to do something, as he hasn't actually TOLD US anything.

Here we have a wonderful opportunity for Leon Crouch to show that he IS a true supporter and that things have now gone far enough.

If Leon Crouch leaves things much longer supporters may begin to feel that he is a vulture waiting to pick off the carcase of the dead body of SFC.

Credability is needed, most on here realise something has to be done...if Leon Crouch leaves it much longer he may be viewed as an uncaring predator, this will harm his image in the eyes of the fans whoes support may be vital to him soon!

At ten to three on a Saturday afternoon i can't believe any Saints fan, whether going through the turnstiles at the Northam or crouching over a computer thousands of miles away, wants the team to lose.

Every time, every game, no matter where I am I get that half excited/half sick feeling. Can't help it, just happens.

Here we have a wonderful opportunity for Leon Crouch to show that he IS a true supporter and that things have now gone far enough.

If Leon Crouch leaves things much longer supporters may begin to feel that he is a vulture waiting to pick off the carcase of the dead body of SFC.

Credability is needed, most on here realise something has to be done...if Leon Crouch leaves it much longer he may be viewed as an uncaring predator, this will harm his image in the eyes of the fans whoes support may be vital to him soon!

Leon Crouch? Cometh the hour, cometh the donkey! One of the two main reasons we are in such a financial mess at the present and you want this idiot back? Quite happy to twiddle his thumbs until this mystical investment comes along, terrified to do anything unpopular no matter how desperately it is needed.

Crouch cannot do anything whilst we are still running with these losses or afford our debt. He can only wait for administration to remove those costs and pick over the charred remains. The only way Crouch can do any good is in joining Wilde and Lowe, but it does not look like lightening will strike again here. Go back to any point where Lowe, Wilde and Crouch have been involved at Saints and the answer has always been to work together.

rubbish.......we are not past the point of return,players will be sold in january to make sure.

if i remember rightly our break even point as regards to crowd numbers is now around the 17k mark,if we win a few games in a row and win a couple of fa cup games then there is no reason why we cant achieve that 17k per game.

admittedly we are just treading water but we could effectively tread water for years as long as the wages are kept low and a couple of players are sold here and there.

other teams manage it and have done for years we just have to shake of this big club mentality and learn to live with our plight,its hard but thats the way its got to be.

hopefully things will change for the better but unfortunately hope doesnt pay the bills so all of us have to be a bit more realsitic in our expectations.

at best we are a mediocre championship club,we are no longer big time charlies and the quicker we get used to it the more enjoyable it will be supporting saints.

looking back and constantly picking over past mistakes will make no difference to our present plight it will just make you bitter.

Where did this 17k break even figure come from??????

It's just that I got a snippet from s good source that the break even figure is low 20,000's as the summer transition did not yield the one off incomes, nor the cst reductions that were envisaged.

If the 17k figure came from the Club, they maybe they could confirm if this has indeed moved.

Some dicky bird (not alligned to either camp) tells me there has been correspondence from Crouch to the Club.

Is this right?????

Maybe you could drop Lowe or Cowen a line to et them to confirm or deny this.

Some dicky bird (not alligned to either camp) tells me there has been correspondence from Crouch to the Club.

Is this right?????

Maybe you could drop Lowe or Cowen a line to et them to confirm or deny this.

Think you read me slightly wrong there, as in asking them by email to comment for the forum, those types got laughed off long ago, but it would be MOST interesting if he has put a proposal onto the table and might finally give us something to focus on.

But hmm, interesting I'tink we should all see if we know anyone else hiding up trees alongside your dicky bird.

That could put the cat amongst the oh sod it... :rolleyes:

I've got to agree with Longshot, for the first time, since I began watching the mighty Saints (circa 1975) i can't be arsed to go tomorrow, and frankly, would prefer a reverse if it hastens a lowe withdrawl.

If you could be sure that a loss would be the spark that got rid of lowe for good then I can agree.

But equally if you could be sure that a win would be the spark of a march up the league to automatic promotion but keeping Lowe and co would you not also support that?

I would rather us do well and put up with Lowe than do bad any day of the week. We cant be sure that going either direction would get shot of Lowe or any of the other muppets we have so not supporting the saints seems a bit extreme.

I totally understand your view on not being arsed for so many reasons but I still cant help getting twitchy on a match day even when I know there is likly nothing to be happy about come 5pm.

but it would be MOST interesting if he has put a proposal onto the table and might finally give us something to focus on.

But hmm, interesting I'tink we should all see if we know anyone else hiding up trees alongside your dicky bird.

That could put the cat amongst the oh sod it... :rolleyes:

My little source says something has definitely gone from Crouch to Lowe.

Maybe you should ask why their was no response from Lowe. Is it because it doesn't suit him & Wilde as aopposed to not suiting the Club???

As for anyone else hiding up the trees???

Are they (a) just as mythical as the ones Crouch was holding out for, or (b) are they waiting for administration to befall us before picking us up for a song?????

(a) Is never a solution as we can all wait for that promised white knight to come riding in (as many, inc myself, told Crouch).

(b) Would be a disaster for a number of reasons, not least that we would start from Div 3, but also because it would consolidate Lowe & others as unpopular owners of our Club (which really would be the end of this Club as we know it!!!!!).

I will never want our lads to lose a football game. How can one be a fan and want them to lose? Doesn't make sense.

that said, we need to sort this great football club out. And the only way to do that is to see the back of all the board members who are causing such division between us supporters. Lowe out.

Leon Crouch? Cometh the hour, cometh the donkey! One of the two main reasons we are in such a financial mess at the present and you want this idiot back? Quite happy to twiddle his thumbs until this mystical investment comes along, terrified to do anything unpopular no matter how desperately it is needed.

Crouch cannot do anything whilst we are still running with these losses or afford our debt. He can only wait for administration to remove those costs and pick over the charred remains. The only way Crouch can do any good is in joining Wilde and Lowe, but it does not look like lightening will strike again here. Go back to any point where Lowe, Wilde and Crouch have been involved at Saints and the answer has always been to work together.

I have to agree that the only way the whole club can move forward would be if the main 3 could work together. with someone on the outside there will always be unrest as they sit back and snipe. It wouldnt surprise me if we see another change at the top before we see administration or relegation. but if they put together there resources they could do enough to aviod the worst all together.

would make any takeover allot easier also if they could all agree to do what is right for the club.

Where did this 17k break even figure come from??????

It's just that I got a snippet from s good source that the break even figure is low 20,000's as the summer transition did not yield the one off incomes, nor the cst reductions that were envisaged.

If the 17k figure came from the Club, they maybe they could confirm if this has indeed moved.

UMP Stewart Dennis said on Radio Hants that the break even figure was 17k.I can only assume he is well placed to hear these things.

i think also that it is hard for all of us to read posts by LS etc saying the end is near 'as i said so' or "i was told' and so better believe it. I would respectfully suggest we understand there are a lot of people being used as pawns to try and apply pressure on the fan base.

Whowould it serve best if the fans started the Lowe out chants again?

it seems to me that LS has all of a sudden appeared and has had an agenda since day 1 and so do we have to accept 100%all that is put is fair and balanced?

Do you also believe that if we went into administration the club would be a fantastic opportunity? I dont as Saints in L1 would have gates of sub 10k and still very high overheads with NO acadamy.

Let RL or whoever is in charge keep us from admin at all costs and if we stay up things will look a lot brighter next season.

If LC is to inject money then lets hope he does it fast but if he is sitting on the sidelines stirring the dirt shame on him.

Let RL or whoever is in charge keep us from admin at all costs and if we stay up things will look a lot brighter next season.

If LC is to inject money then lets hope he does it fast but if he is sitting on the sidelines stirring the dirt shame on him.

I'm starting to get more miffed at these sorts of comments, sorry nickh, not specifically you.

1. Lowe is the only one that could save us from admin (largely said pre-comeback)

2. There is no alternative to Lowe, otherwise I would gladly support them

3. If LC has money to inject, do it rather than 'sitting on the sidelines'.

OK, let's clear this up once and for all -

1. The idea's (closing the corners, stopping the free bus, selling players, cheap manager) we ALL Crouch's ideas and not Lowes. I have not seen ONE original idea from Lowe.

2. The same comment should apply to Lowe when Crouch was still Chairman. Lowe IS NOT A VIABLE OPTION. He was booted out last time, the fans didn't want him, the shareholders didn't want him, SAINTS CANNOT AFFORD HIM OR HIS BUNGLING WAYS.

3. If LC has money, good for him, LOWE IS IN CHARGE, if anyone should put their hand in their p[ocket it should be Lowe. Sorry, I forgot, he does put his hands in his pockets, those pockets belong to the fans though!

So, to clarify, in replacing Crouch, LOWE WAS NOT A VIABLE OPTION AND DID NOT BRING BILLIONS TO THIS CLUB AS PEOPLE ARE SUGGESTING LOWES REPLACEMENT SHOULD DO!

The hypocrisies run from high in this club, all the way down to the rank and file that chant these ludicrous notions.

Once more, and I think you're all getting it now:

LOWE WAS NOT A VIABLE REPLACEMENT

LOWE HAS NOT BROUGHT INVESTMENT

LOWE IS NOT SAVING US FROM ADMINISTRATION

LOWE OUT, but let's make him walk this time, he's had his golden hand job, sorry, shake.

I'm starting to get more miffed at these sorts of comments, sorry nickh, not specifically you.

1. Lowe is the only one that could save us from admin (largely said pre-comeback)

1. The idea's (closing the corners, stopping the free bus, selling players, cheap manager) we ALL Crouch's ideas and not Lowes. I have not seen ONE original idea from Lowe.

2. The same comment should apply to Lowe when Crouch was still Chairman. Lowe IS NOT A VIABLE OPTION. He was booted out last time, the fans didn't want him, the shareholders didn't want him, SAINTS CANNOT AFFORD HIM OR HIS BUNGLING WAYS.

3. If LC has money, good for him, LOWE IS IN CHARGE, if anyone should put their hand in their p[ocket it should be Lowe. Sorry, I forgot, he does put his hands in his pockets, those pockets belong to the fans though!

So, to clarify, in replacing Crouch, LOWE WAS NOT A VIABLE OPTION AND DID NOT BRING BILLIONS TO THIS CLUB AS PEOPLE ARE SUGGESTING LOWES REPLACEMENT SHOULD DO!

The hypocrisies run from high in this club, all the way down to the rank and file that chant these ludicrous notions.

LOWE OUT, but let's make him walk this time, he's had his golden hand job, sorry, shake.

RL came back IMo to protect his investment and to do so he had to try and keep us from administration.

You say that LC was going to do those things but fans blame RL for them would they be so vitriolic about it had LC done the same?

WHOEVER was chairman had to make dramatic changes. Now perhaps LC may have kept NP(highly likely) and also then in turn some of the high earners.he would have wished to have signed a few players as well.To fund this the acadamy would have been shut down ,period.

A lot of the young promising players would be sold and IMO allegedly as last time he would have hidden the truth as in where he told us he had not got the Theo etc deals paid up early. the course RL has taken is brave but also perhaps reckless but he has to see it through or somebody (the person who is sending out info that is being spread on here perhaps) actually move and do something.

RL came back IMo to protect his investment and to do so he had to try and keep us from administration.

You say that LC was going to do those things but fans blame RL for them would they be so vitriolic about it had LC done the same?

WHOEVER was chairman had to make dramatic changes. Now perhaps LC may have kept NP(highly likely) and also then in turn some of the high earners.he would have wished to have signed a few players as well.To fund this the acadamy would have been shut down ,period.

A lot of the young promising players would be sold and IMO allegedly as last time he would have hidden the truth as in where he told us he had not got the Theo etc deals paid up early. the course RL has taken is brave but also perhaps reckless but he has to see it through or somebody (the person who is sending out info that is being spread on here perhaps) actually move and do something.

I don't think it follows that the academy would have closed down. What do they need - a couple of pitches and a gym. It was good enough for the Wallaces, Matty, Shearer and the like, so why not now.

Another consideration would be the extra revenue we would have got from the higher gates I'm sure we would have got if Crouch was still in charge and Pearson manager.

You should have got miffed a lot earlier, before we got into this financial bear trap. Of course Lowe is not the the only person who could save us from administration. All you need is someone with just basic common sense, without an ego the size of the IOW, could more than perform the task. But even for this simplest of tasks they would rather put their faith in the takeover fairy and do nothing to upset the fans. We had the classic example recently from those stating that Lowe would do nothing anyone else would do regarding the implementing of the youth players under Redknapp. This was then roundly condemned as meddling in team affairs, but was exactly what was needed when you look at the financial mess we are in and how we got here.

I have seen all these great fans of the club on the board and what exactly did they do during their tenure? Absolutely fook all and just hid from the real decisions that needed to be made. All I have ever wanted during these last few years is for someone to actually have the balls and make these difficult decisions, rather than hide under one excuse or another. The fact it was Lowe who eventually took the bull by the horns is immaterial to me, I just wanted anyone to do so before it was too late.

Nick, I think you'll find that much of this is in your mind. People knew, when Lowe closed the corners, that Crouch had already looked into doing this. The most people stated was that maybe Leon would've listened to the fans and adjusted the area's to be closed and kept open Itchin North, as it was a good area for boxing in the away fans. But, I don;t recall many, if at all any, fans claiming this was a bad move.

Yes, LC would've probably kept NP, but then, that has been the biggest change brought to this club, a whole new 'system' and style of play. And as yet, we are going to have to wait to see if it works or not, 2-3 seasons minimum.

The stuff about the academy and keeping on the high earners is really a large leap from fact to fiction, wasn't it Crouch that loaned out Skacel AND Rasiak at the end of last season? Many of the high earners would also have followed, but maybe not quite the stripping of experience that we have seen under Lowe. Doesn't mean that that experience would've been in the 'high earners' category.

'Shutting Down' the academy? Where has that ever been suggested by anyone from LC's camp. Sure, it may shut down, but that would happen under Lowe, equally as it would happen under Crouch. Because, even though you may think Lowe would 'never' shut it down, this would then conflict in your opening sentence about 'protecting his investment'. Because, if push came to shove, Lowe putting his hand in his own pocket OR shutting down the academy, which one do you think would be most likely?

Lastly, your first statement, Crouch probably wants to protect his 'investment' also, but probably because he would want to save Saints. Lowe was having issues long before Crouch came back and it waqs just a matter of making one of the major shareholders crack before he waltzed back into Dodge, Wilde was that Patsy, nothing about 'protecting investment' it's about 'control' and doing it 'his way' because Lowe knows best!

You should have got miffed a lot earlier, before we got into this financial bear trap. Of course Lowe is not the the only person who could save us from administration. All you need is someone with just basic common sense, without an ego the size of the IOW, could more than perform the task. But even for this simplest of tasks they would rather put their faith in the takeover fairy and do nothing to upset the fans. We had the classic example recently from those stating that Lowe would do nothing anyone else would do regarding the implementing of the youth players under Redknapp. This was then roundly condemned as meddling in team affairs, but was exactly what was needed when you look at the financial mess we are in and how we got here.

I have seen all these great fans of the club on the board and what exactly did they do during their tenure? Absolutely fook all and just hid from the real decisions that needed to be made. All I have ever wanted during these last few years is for someone to actually have the balls and make these difficult decisions, rather than hide under one excuse or another. The fact it was Lowe who eventually took the bull by the horns is immaterial to me, I just wanted anyone to do so before it was too late.

Reasonable response U & A, so I will treat your comments with respect - Firstly, I was pretty miffed when the club went plc, I was miffed again when we failed to invest properly after the FA Cup final, instead of buying a star player, we bought a star name, Van Damme! Then I was even more miffed when we got relegated, so, now I am truly miffed that he is back.

Anyway, I pretty much agree with the rest of what you've said, although I think I should put this one out there on the Redknapp saga, as I ran out of posts when it was running the first time. IF, Lowe wanted a manager to play the youngsters, HOWEVER he went about it, is not important, ask yourself this, would you choose Harry Redknapp as your manager? Would you then ask him to stay on after relegation, KNOWING that you had a much smaller transfer kitty? Maybe, maybe not, but if you know anything about football and follow the game as a whole rather than just Saints, anyone would know that Harry was not the type of manager to play the youngsters, especially in League 1! Old pro's and cheap buys were his speciality. Harry was not the man Lowe could approach to apply pressure (in any way) to play anyone else other than those selected by Harry. We've seen this born out at Spurs, No DoF.

But like I said, don;t disagree with much there U & A, just wanted to share that view on Harry, and, I'm sure many would agree, Harry was not the type of manager ANY Chairman could influance on the playing side.

Nick, I think you'll find that much of this is in your mind. People knew, when Lowe closed the corners, that Crouch had already looked into doing this. The most people stated was that maybe Leon would've listened to the fans and adjusted the area's to be closed and kept open Itchin North, as it was a good area for boxing in the away fans. But, I don;t recall many, if at all any, fans claiming this was a bad move.

Yes, LC would've probably kept NP, but then, that has been the biggest change brought to this club, a whole new 'system' and style of play. And as yet, we are going to have to wait to see if it works or not, 2-3 seasons minimum.

The stuff about the academy and keeping on the high earners is really a large leap from fact to fiction, wasn't it Crouch that loaned out Skacel AND Rasiak at the end of last season? Many of the high earners would also have followed, but maybe not quite the stripping of experience that we have seen under Lowe. Doesn't mean that that experience would've been in the 'high earners' category.

'Shutting Down' the academy? Where has that ever been suggested by anyone from LC's camp. Sure, it may shut down, but that would happen under Lowe, equally as it would happen under Crouch. Because, even though you may think Lowe would 'never' shut it down, this would then conflict in your opening sentence about 'protecting his investment'. Because, if push came to shove, Lowe putting his hand in his own pocket OR shutting down the academy, which one do you think would be most likely?

Lastly, your first statement, Crouch probably wants to protect his 'investment' also, but probably because he would want to save Saints. Lowe was having issues long before Crouch came back and it waqs just a matter of making one of the major shareholders crack before he waltzed back into Dodge, Wilde was that Patsy, nothing about 'protecting investment' it's about 'control' and doing it 'his way' because Lowe knows best!

I know for a fact that before RL returned that LC was told by the banks that they would support the club but everything that moved had to be gone to keep their support.

The acadamy would be an easy way to slash the costs, as the products are long term the savings immediate.This would be to accomodate us keeping a few of the higher earners. LC got rid of Rasiak but that was down to the enormous wage package he is on.

As for closing the corners It has been suggested that LC had that in mind and if so whoopee action at last. Would we have such a uproar if he had, and would he actually gone through with it? Popularity is something nobody relishes losing.

I dont care whop is chairman as long as he stops us going into administration.I do know if we do, we will go down as the young team would not be able to to make up the difference. Next season the same old faces will be putting up the 'Im not paying 215 quid to watch L1 football'. If they cant turn up now they bloo## well wont a league lower.

I guess Long Shot and his agreeable mates will be celebrating this loss.

No mate not at all.

In the end I went and ended up supporting what I thought was a good performance from the kids. Absolutely torn in the end. But I maintain the thought that for this club to prosper Lowe must go and I will fight for that to happen. Remember this my friend - although it is always easier to shoot the messenger the bullet you fire may not always hit the target you seek.

This club will be happy once Lowe and Wilde are gone. Cheers!

I know for a fact that before RL returned that LC was told by the banks that they would support the club but everything that moved had to be gone to keep their support.

The acadamy would be an easy way to slash the costs, as the products are long term the savings immediate.This would be to accomodate us keeping a few of the higher earners. LC got rid of Rasiak but that was down to the enormous wage package he is on.

As for closing the corners It has been suggested that LC had that in mind and if so whoopee action at last. Would we have such a uproar if he had, and would he actually gone through with it? Popularity is something nobody relishes losing.

I dont care whop is chairman as long as he stops us going into administration.I do know if we do, we will go down as the young team would not be able to to make up the difference. Next season the same old faces will be putting up the 'Im not paying 215 quid to watch L1 football'. If they cant turn up now they bloo## well wont a league lower.

Nice cut and paste job Nick because these words are not yours!

So we lost.

Hmm, can't see anything has changed.

I thought all we needed to do was be defeated by Wolves and everything will be better, right ?

Hope you enjoyed Saints getting beat. I sure as hell didn't.

i agree and i would never believe that we have so called supporters wanting us to lose for some twisted logic.

The saddest thing for me is that I felt virtually no emotion, except slight relief that we had avoided the thrashing I was expecting.

This is a new lack of emotion for me after the best part of fifty years supporting Saints, and for nearly forty years of my wife has been saying "I just can't understand why you let that silly football team losing annoy you so much-it isn't as if they're any good."- she can't understand my indifference either.

I too watched the 9-3 thrashing of Wolves, one of the few matches I watched that season as I reluctantly took a Saturday job in the year before going to Uni.

Cambsaint

i agree and i would never believe that we have so called supporters wanting us to lose for some twisted logic.

I sort of understand where Longhshot is coming from. If a couple of losses mean't that Lowe and Wilde stepped down I think the sacrifice would be worth it, but to be honest, I think unless removed somehow, they will hang around for a long time yet.

What worries me about you thread Longshot, correct me if I am wrong, but was it not you and who had some sort of inside info about going's on in the board room and a possible change happening soon?

I sort of understand where Longhshot is coming from. If a couple of losses mean't that Lowe and Wilde stepped down I think the sacrifice would be worth it, but to be honest, I think unless removed somehow, they will hang around for a long time yet.

What worries me about you thread Longshot, correct me if I am wrong, but was it not you and who had some sort of inside info about going's on in the board room and a possible change happening soon?

If true, that is a concern. Although to be honest I can't see how 100 rabid internet posters affect the future of the club.

i agree i think it shows how thick some of his supporters our also.

we have lost 5 at home and what happens nothing,if their is anyone interested in taking over saints they should either show the money or walk away.

What gets me about the whole situation is that it doesn't feel like I support Southampton Football Club anymore. The players I see on the pitch, the manager at the sidelines, the depleated crowd, it just doesn't feel the same.

I care very little about any of the players on show each week. Gone are the days of players I actually cared about, (Le Tissier, Benali, Beattie, Pahars etc) and the fear of possibly losing them to one of the big clubs. Nowadays, and it has been happening long before Walcott left, I really don't care if any of them leave to go to pastures new.

I think this feeling I have started when Redknapp took over. He ruined a structured club, a club that relied on evolving a team together, and threw in a few dud loans (Camara is the only exception) who he thought could get us out of the ****. The play-off season under Burley was fantastic and I honestly thought we were building the club up from again but alas I was wrong and it's even worse now.

Does anyone remember the sharp pain in your stomach whenever they went behind? Or when you heard Saints had gone 1-0 down on Soccer Saturday? Or listening to it on the radio? I do but I haven't felt it in a while. Infact, when they went 1-0 to Wolves on Saturday, I was nonplussed. No emotion, nothing. I just didn't care.

No mate not at all.

In the end I went and ended up supporting what I thought was a good performance from the kids. Absolutely torn in the end. But I maintain the thought that for this club to prosper Lowe must go and I will fight for that to happen. Remember this my friend - although it is always easier to shoot the messenger the bullet you fire may not always hit the target you seek.

This club will be happy once Lowe and Wilde are gone. Cheers!

This comment reflects the views of most sane and sensible Saints supporters.

Lowe and now Wilde are too devisive to let our club unite. No matter how wonderful the financial reputation of Lowe may be in some quaters he is strangling the club and dividing the fan base...YET AGAIN!!!

This comment reflects the views of most sane and sensible Saints supporters.

Lowe and now Wilde are too devisive to let our club unite. No matter how wonderful the financial reputation of Lowe may be in some quaters he is strangling the club and dividing the fan base...YET AGAIN!!!

How is she seen as sane???? A alleged fan who wants the team to lose. I think Im right saying that this person put in a thread that she put her weight behind Lowes return.(so was that a figure of speach or someone who had voting rights?) Therefore it questions her judgement as in as little time as 6months she has now changed her mind (a womans perogative of course) or is it because of self interest i wonder!!

It seems to me she has has the confidence of some one who is feeding information that is then put on this site, for whose benifit I wonder.Were you not the poster who was very defensive of LM and would have nothing said against him?

It is not for the reason to keep the fan base happy thats for sure.

LS get your person to commit or clear off as whoever it is they are not helping the club at this moment in time.

How is she seen as sane???? A alleged fan who wants the team to lose. I think Im right saying that this person put in a thread that she put her weight behind Lowes return.(so was that a figure of speach or someone who had voting rights?) Therefore it questions her judgement as in as little time as 6months she has now changed her mind (a womans perogative of course) or is it because of self interest i wonder!!

It seems to me she has has the confidence of some one who is feeding information that is then put on this site, for whose benifit I wonder.Were you not the poster who was very defensive of LM and would have nothing said against him?

LS get your person to commit or clear off as whoever it is they are not helping the club at this moment in time.

Integrity alert

Nick matey no offence - have you been on the lunchtime tequilas or is the Florida sun at work. I really am not sure what you are saying. Rgds Liz

Now perhaps LC may have kept NP(highly likely)

Indeed he probably would have as he openly pleaded for Pearson to be kept on. Considering what we've ended up with that would have been a very good decision.

and also then in turn some of the high earners.

Would he???

he would have wished to have signed a few players as well.

Would he???

To fund this the acadamy would have been shut down ,period.

Really????

A lot of the young promising players would be sold

Oh OK?????

Apart from your first bit about keeping Pearson, the rest if this is just mumbo jumbo and supposition.

Is someone feeding you these stories in an attempt to justify their failed position?

Keeping high earners, buying new players, shutting down the Academy, Pearson wouldn't work within the new structure, Pearson wouldn't play youngsters etc etc etc. All stories perpetuated by Lowe & Cowen in an attempt to try and convince us that they had no option but to go dwon this route.

Rewind back a few months and try and fit that bullshi78t in with what pearson was saying about the future.

"A lot of my background is working with youngsters. I worked with the England youth teams for three years and I see the Academy as a massive part of the club.

I have worked at clubs where the academy and first-team are separate entities and not integrated at all and those clubs are the poorer for it.

If you put the right effort into recruiting and developing the right players then it can save the club a lot of money on transfer fees."

And as for whether he knew of and/or could deal with the financial situation we find ourselves in, I think the answer to the following question also makes it clear that he was aware of our predicament (and willing to work within some tough parameters).

"Is it hopeless or are there ways we can improve the team to get back in the Premier League? Can we do it through wheeling and dealing or the youth team or is it hopeless?"

"It will be a combination. The reality is there will be comings and goings, there is no doubt about that.

Economics will play a part and there will be some natural wastage as players come to the end of their contracts. Then it will be a case of finding players who fit the bill.

We need a side capable of getting success but which fits in with the financial situation. But we are not going to be splashing fortunes on players.

Even in the short time I have been here, I have been looking to see if we can get players on loan. Short-term is the immediate priority but I am looking long-term too."

"A lot of my background is working with youngsters. I worked with the England youth teams for three years and I see the Academy as a massive part of the club.

I have worked at clubs where the academy and first-team are separate entities and not integrated at all and those clubs are the poorer for it.

If you put the right effort into recruiting and developing the right players then it can save the club a lot of money on transfer fees."

And as for whether he knew of and/or could deal with the financial situation we find ourselves in, I think the answer to the following question also makes it clear that he was aware of our predicament (and willing to work within some tough parameters).

"Is it hopeless or are there ways we can improve the team to get back in the Premier League? Can we do it through wheeling and dealing or the youth team or is it hopeless?"

"It will be a combination. The reality is there will be comings and goings, there is no doubt about that.

Economics will play a part and there will be some natural wastage as players come to the end of their contracts. Then it will be a case of finding players who fit the bill.

We need a side capable of getting success but which fits in with the financial situation. But we are not going to be splashing fortunes on players.

Even in the short time I have been here, I have been looking to see if we can get players on loan. Short-term is the immediate priority but I am looking long-term too."

You've repeated this several times now Steve, but it doesn't seem to register with some at all for some reason. It seems clear to me that Crouch would have kept him, that having said what he said above, Pearce would have been able to work within similar constraints to those endured by JP, but that he would have had a far better understanding of the British game, what formation would be most productive, how to achieve the optimum balance between youth and experience and probably how to get the team fittest and most motivated too.