Olympic Opening Ceremony

dune

If you are being serious one can only assume you were p/ssed up or didn't watch the ceremony.

Do you support CND?

You're a bell-end. As VFTT points out, that was a segment going through UK pop history, using imagery representative of the time, and the 60s obviously drew upon hippies, flower-power and CND. How the f**k does that translate to w*nking over Joan Ruddock and/or Monsignor Bruce Kent* (* delete as applicable) ???

So the CND symbol should be deleted from history according to you. You been reading Orwell recently ???

The CND was during a music piece of the 60s & represented flower power & hippies so what's the big deal?

On it's own you could brush it off as being a reference to the flower power era, but then you add on the bizarre inclusion of shami chakribati, the ridiculous portrayal of victorian Britain, the whole multi cultural message throughout and the whole event was designed as left wing propaganda.

On it's own you could brush it off as being a reference to the flower power era, but then you add on the bizarre inclusion of shami chakribati, the ridiculous portrayal of victorian Britain, the whole multi cultural message throughout and the whole event was designed as left wing propaganda.

:lol:

You're a bell-end. As VFTT points out, that was a segment going through UK pop history, using imagery representative of the time, and the 60s obviously drew upon hippies, flower-power and CND. How the f**k does that translate to w*nking over Joan Ruddock and/or Monsignor Bruce Kent* (* delete as applicable) ???

So the CND symbol should be deleted from history according to you. You been reading Orwell recently ???

It clearly should not have been given airtime because it was about as relevent as the Green Party is today. And quite frankly it's inclusion was an insult to the thousands of members of the armed forces who stepped in following the G4S shambles.

You really do make yourself look stupid at times.

I'm right in what i'm saying. The vast majority may disagree, but this does not alter the fact that i'm right.

Creationist think they're right but it doesn't mean they are.

I'll leave you to get vexed over something only you seem bothered about as the rest of us thought it an excellent, quirky representation of the here & now.

Creationist think they're right but it doesn't mean they are.

I'll leave you to get vexed over something only you seem bothered about as the rest of us thought it an excellent, quirky representation of the here & now.

The majority of people in this country are stupid so it is of surprise it was so well received. Style over substance sums it up. In the same way that special effects and over dramatisation and political correctness of films is the vogue to the detriment of telling the story. That's why i much prefer documentaries that stick to the facts. That ceremony could have been a master piece, but instead it was cheesy politically motivated nonsense.

The CND was formed in 1957. The first Aldermaston march was in 1958. So the movement pre-dates the "flower power era" by about a decade.

It clearly should not have been given airtime because it was about as relevent as the Green Party is today. And quite frankly it's inclusion was an insult to the thousands of members of the armed forces who stepped in following the G4S shambles.

Not relevant? I see Mitt Romney was speaking in Israel a day or two ago. He was essentially encouraging their regime to bomb the nuclear facilities in Iran.

100% - strangely having modelled his online avatar as the bastard son of Oswald Mosley and Enoch Powell.... If not a WUM' date=' then he its pretty scary.:scared:[/quote']

"he its" :lol:

Did you go to school Franky?

"he its" :lol:

Did you go to school Franky?

Says the boy who consistently fails to capitalise 'I' in previous posts and who posted this in the Ryanair thread:

Do you just show the booking confirmation email (it doesn't say nothing about it on the boarding passes i've printed out)?

Says the boy who consistently fails to capitalise 'I' in previous posts and who posted this in the Ryanair thread:

Do you just show the booking confirmation email (it doesn't say nothing about it on the boarding passes i've printed out)?

I'll be watching your posts from now on granny.:D

It was obvious because no-one in their right mind would pull off that salute in this day-and-age in such a public forum.

But have you never heard of the saying "not believing your eyes" ? It took a couple of seconds for a couple of adults to say "it mus be a funny wave, he wouldnt do that", and the kids obviously needed telling that.

I pity idiots like you who make stupid one-dimensional responses without thinking just so you can get a weak dig in.

I think I pity you for about 90% of your football-related posts over the last 3 years.

311598_399836690081210_1405111029_n.jpg

I was totally unimpressed with her demeanour during the opening, and thought her opening speech was as short as it possibly can be and was delivered in a terse manner.

But she has had a helluva year and is 86, FFS, so I will cut her as much slack as is required. She is our Queen, after all.

I was totally unimpressed with her demeanour during the opening, and thought her opening speech was as short as it possibly can be and was delivered in a terse manner.

But she has had a helluva year and is 86, FFS, so I will cut her as much slack as is required. She is our Queen, after all.

She probably was, like me, fed up of waiting for the sodding torch to turn up. I am glad she kept her bit short as possible- imagine the whinging if she had cr4pped on for half an hour. Plus as you say she is 86. Most 86 year olds are tucked up in bed by 9pm with their horlicks.

She probably was, like me, fed up of waiting for the sodding torch to turn up. I am glad she kept her bit short as possible- imagine the whinging if she had cr4pped on for half an hour. Plus as you say she is 86. Most 86 year olds are tucked up in bed by 9pm with their horlicks.

It went way past my bedtime and I'm only 63 (just).

Irrelevant playground response, indicating an inability to admit that what you wrote was complete b*ll*cks and seeking to take the argument in a totally different direction.

Nothing I wrote was complete ********.

Realising you're a t!t and trying to analyse an argument you've lost.