The new look badge

JustMike

Heard a while back that they wanted to change the look of the badge and it appears from the official FB that it's happening. If you also look around the newly developed reception all the colour has gone from the badge on doors / walls.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/400490_474641929215699_1010571144_n.jpg

It's just a styling of the existing badge, no biggie.

Who remembers in the early 90s the club were on about replacing the club badge with a horrendously drawn halo stickman, with the 'spirit of Southampton' written underneath?

Dear God I remember that. It was teamed with a horrific 'Spirit of Southampton' jingle on an advert that seemed to be on a neverending loop on Power FM (RIP).

Nope. It was a stickman, front-on, with a smiley face, wearing a saints scarf, standing on one foot for some reason, with 'Spirit of Southampton' scrawled in what was basically comic sans underneath.

I seem to remember it came terrifyingly close to being our official logo. One of Rupert's best efforts.

Nope. It was a stickman, front-on, with a smiley face, wearing a saints scarf, standing on one foot for some reason, with 'Spirit of Southampton' scrawled in what was basically comic sans underneath.

I seem to remember it came terrifyingly close to being our official logo. One of Rupert's best efforts.

did it have a duck?

Dear God I remember that. It was teamed with a horrific 'Spirit of Southampton' jingle on an advert that seemed to be on a neverending loop on Power FM (RIP).

We are the Saints,we play to win, we are the Saints but we dont sin, we are the spirt of Southampton, oh when the Saints go marching in.

* Scarred for life *

We are the Saints,we play to win, we are the Saints but we dont sin, we are the spirt of Southampton, oh when the Saints go marching in.

* Scarred for life *

Oh god. Sung by what sounded like the New Seekers, starting off quite low and whispered, then building steadily to a shrill, shrieking finale, before the voiceover man from the Odeon ads for curry houses on Above Bar cut in to push tickets for this Saturday's thrilling clash against Wimbledon at The Dell.

Jesus that was bleak.

Edited by Midfield_General

the last I saw it was just a white crest with no detail or colour, assumed they would be back to colour it in ;)

Blimey! Just drove past and you're right. It needs colouring in!! Doesn't even have any detail! It's just the outside border. Surely that can't be right...

Who remembers in the early 90s the club were on about replacing the club badge with a horrendously drawn halo stickman, with the 'spirit of Southampton' written underneath?

This is the only thing resembling him I can find at the moment (short of delving into the garage for some well-hidden programmes)...

516Wmn1ZBFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The 1992-4 programmes all had the phrase on the cover though. Pretty sure it pre-dates Lowe.

Course, all Chairman make mistakes...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLVPWD3pJqgiUyxSsic78Tl7tSKtKyrnf8aGlF4oqTIWUrQudtBQ

Edited by The9

That's it!! that was going to become our badge. Bloody hell, that would have been embarrassing. Good work fella!

Blimey, that's even earlier, Hummel kit from the season before the Shearer Admiral one. That was around for years, I only started watching in late '91 and there were a good couple of seasons of him floating around.

Difficult to believe they were ever going to use it as an actual badge though...

Blimey, that's even earlier, Hummel kit from the season before the Shearer Admiral one. That was around for years, I only started watching in late '91 and there were a good couple of seasons of him floating around.

Difficult to believe they were ever going to use it as an actual badge though...

Seriously, I remember a kit being released with it on, there was a picture in the echo although I never saw one in the shops. I think it was the blue flame one although I may be wrong on that. there was a big protest article in the paper version of The UI or On The March about it. Remember it well, they wer serious about making it the badge at one point. Must have been about 91/92. Pretty sure I was still at school.