Surely we need to..........

Mr X

Get some kind of a result against reading? would be more than happy with a point.

How long are we along with jan, gonna keep saying we played nice stuff at times but got nothing in the way of points? its like a broken record :confused:

The Sun pools prediction thing yesterday -had all 10 pundits go for home win and their preditced score was 3-0.

The only 3 goal margin they are predicting in about 7 leagues they predict.

so you could say it doesnt look good for our chances then? :smt102

Get some kind of a result against reading? would be more than happy with a point.

How long are we along with jan, gonna keep saying we played nice stuff at times but got nothing in the way of points? its like a broken record :confused:

You may not like capital letters but when talking about reading they make a difference.

And Im sure that record ain't broken - I could swear I heard Jan playing it recently.

if we stop playing nice fotoball will the results neccessarily change?

Watford for example tend to hoof it long and they also have a side full of experience (the same can be applied to us last season) and they are still struggling.

For me its not about swapping nice football for long ball, or indeed getting seasoned pros in to replace the kids. What we need to do is mix things up a little.

Some of Schneiderlins long angled balls caused Wolves real problems on Saturday and got us into attacking positions much quicker than passing from back to front very time. We need a bit more of this and also a few mroe direct balls as well as that caused Wolves problems as well. Short passing all the time is not the answer and at times it gets us into real trouble even just from Davis shot passes from the area.

As for getting old heads in I'm not convinced that is the answer either. I wouldn't swap Wotton for Surman for example. What we need is better quality not a higher age. Players like James, Gobern, Thompson, Pekhard and Smith have shown to be just not good enough (yet). Better quality replacements whatever their age is what we need.

I think we'll put in a decent show but lose 2-0.

We just have to find a consistent line up, build some confidence and starting winning at home. Games like Reading away are bonus games for us. No points can be expected there.

Sooner or later we will start scoring, probably not at Reading though. If we can transform our tries, we'll be hard to beat. They'll be a few 4-3 wins though unless Svensson is really up to the job someday soon;

To get anything would be an achievement. You never know. But, I'm more worried about the Plymouth game, because we really do need a win.

2-2 because we will get space in midfield away from home, Plymouth could prove to be more difficult as our system is not suited for taking the game to the opposition

Sooner or later we will start scoring, probably not at Reading though. If we can transform our tries, we'll be hard to beat. They'll be a few 4-3 wins though unless Svensson is really up to the job someday soon;

I think you get 5 points for a try, and 2 for a conversion, so 4-3 is not really a possible result :rolleyes: Maybe we will score from a penalty corner though, that will impress Rupert :)

I think you get 5 points for a try, and 2 for a conversion, so 4-3 is not really a possible result :rolleyes: Maybe we will score from a penalty corner though, that will impress Rupert :)

Got a bit confused there; meant I'm sure that we'll soon turn our Red Zone advantage into Touch Downs rather than Field Goals.

if we stop playing nice fotoball will the results neccessarily change?

Watford for example tend to hoof it long and they also have a side full of experience (the same can be applied to us last season) and they are still struggling.

For me its not about swapping nice football for long ball, or indeed getting seasoned pros in to replace the kids. What we need to do is mix things up a little.

Some of Schneiderlins long angled balls caused Wolves real problems on Saturday and got us into attacking positions much quicker than passing from back to front very time. We need a bit more of this and also a few mroe direct balls as well as that caused Wolves problems as well. Short passing all the time is not the answer and at times it gets us into real trouble even just from Davis shot passes from the area.

As for getting old heads in I'm not convinced that is the answer either. I wouldn't swap Wotton for Surman for example. What we need is better quality not a higher age. Players like James, Gobern, Thompson, Pekhard and Smith have shown to be just not good enough (yet). Better quality replacements whatever their age is what we need.

Im feeling confident on this one. Not sure why but after the way we played against wolves i think we might carry on the good work and get the result that matches some of the effort.

For me Morgan is the king pin in our team. His range of passing brings the player in the hole into the game as well as switching play from flank to flank. The opo's defence dont know if they should drop deep or push up cause his decissions to go for the long or short pass is often the best in our team.

If we can get the 1st goal I think we are in for a shout at the 3 points but we will stuff up the good 3 points away by giving 3 points to plym in the next home game.

We're gonna get tonked.

Last week, we could use the ref as an excuse. This week it will be "was always going to be difficult to get a result from this fixture".

Next weeks excuse ? Whatever it is, SFC and JP must be running on short supply of them.

And I'm sure you will give us your full match report!!