Lallana sold -Radio Hampshire

NickG

Unless lies are being told by those quoted by Weston Saint, which I doubt as I know who he talked to.

This is what the two players have been saying since September, They or their agents know of no move, a prerequisite of any deal being done.

They both want to stay and Lallana especially, feels he needs at least this season playing regularly and both players want to stay.

If the club want them to go, the players would have to look at it, but it hasn't happened yet..

Fingers crossed then - I certainly hope that what I was told isn't true.

You just never know what to believe with this bloody club these days anyway!

Sunderland wouldn't take Jones for 6 million if we didn't;

It was a poisoned deal; They gave us 6 million in 3 instalments and we took Sterns annual salary of 750K off their hands . KJ would have been on about

3K a week in those days, bad bad bad deal;

Well that really is a terrible deal compared to what most would have thought at the time. At least Stern helped keep us up last season so it's not all bad.

I have criticised Lowe, Wilde and Askham a lot on here so I'll be even-handed and say that Leon shouldn't have signed this if true. Euell is another deal I wish we hadn't done as well. Haven't been well run by either Rupert or Leon or the Execs since 2004 have we? The one constant for most of this time? - Mike Wilde. Draw your own conclusions.

After KJ had gone on strike there really wasn't much the club could have done, we had to accept the best offer just to get rid of him.

I've said it many times before, but I'll say it again, signing John was a terrible decision. Dreadful. We already had Rasiak on the wage bill who was the exact same player IMO and he was also on the huge wages that we could no longer afford never mind add to. With the paracute payment gone we should have been cutting back not spending more. It was pure madness.

Sunderland wouldn't take Jones for 6 million if we didn't;

It was a poisoned deal; They gave us 6 million in 3 instalments and we took Sterns annual salary of 750K off their hands . KJ would have been on about

3K a week in those days, bad bad bad deal;

This would be the same Stern John who was our leading scorer last season and played a massive part in keeping us in the division and the same Kenwynne Jones who went on strike the moment a Prem club came calling making a sale the only option?

Not my definition of a "bad, bad deal".

I'll call it a bloody good deal, myself.

The only way we could guarantee his signature was to pay him at least what he was receiving at his previous club. The original was in Euro's and I would have assumed that was converted to £'s. If it remained in Euro's, could be even more.

Are you for real?????

Do you think Hone & Co had never heard of exchange rates????

You sound like my nephew who was **** a hoop when he found a 1,000 Lira note.

SAGA "You must match my wages"

HONE "What are you on?"

SAGA "10,000 pounds (cypriot)"

HONE "No worries, we'll give you 10,000 pounds (sterling)"

Saga walks away having increased his wages by 50%.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This would be the same Stern John who was our leading scorer last season and played a massive part in keeping us in the division and the same Kenwynne Jones who went on strike the moment a Prem club came calling making a sale the only option?

Not my definition of a "bad, bad deal".

I'll call it a bloody good deal, myself.

Have to agree with regards getting the amount for Jones, a player who was effectively holding us to ransom.

Just as I praised Lowe for at least getting good money for players such as Richards, I always thought getting that amount for Jones (given the circumstances) was a decent job.

With regards picking up John in return, there can be no doubt that without his goals last year we would probably have been relegated and in administration by now.

Of course, another striker may have scored a similar amount, but then again, as we are now finding out, it's not that easy!!!!!!!!

But, it must also be remembered that at that point we did have three well paid strikers on the books, and although you certainly need back up in key positions, to have that many was taking the **** somewhat (given our financial position!!!!!).

Originally Posted by up and away viewpost.gif

The only way we could guarantee his signature was to pay him at least what he was receiving at his previous club. The original was in Euro's and I would have assumed that was converted to £'s. If it remained in Euro's, could be even more.

Are you for real?????

Do you think Hone & Co had never heard of exchange rates????

You sound like my nephew who was **** a hoop when he found a 1,000 Lira note.

SAGA "You must match my wages"

HONE "What are you on?"

SAGA "10,000 pounds (cypriot)"

HONE "No worries, we'll give you 10,000 pounds (sterling)"

Saga walks away having increased his wages by 50%.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And the village idiot tries to join in with adults.

When we signed Saga with an option to buy we basically took over Saga's contract. Whether we were paying him in Euros or the £ equivalent I do not know. If we agreed to keep paying him in Euro's, because of the weakening of the £ against the Euro we would now be forking out more on his salary.

I don't believe a word of it.

If it turns out to be true than really we are in all kinds of trouble. It would be last ditch defiance to suspend administration but with Saints bleeding cash by the hundreds of thousands per week it would be a futile attempt to stave off the inevitable. Like basically peeing on a forest fire.

More and more people will stay away simply because they will no longer believe there is anything left worth supporting. What would be the point of surviving by playing 16 year olds on a makeshift pitch at Millbrook Recreation Ground in front of 2,843 diehards?

Will the last man out please switch off the floodlights?

Even if the KJ deal was £6m and a free striker being paid £8k a week too much, we still got north of £4.5 m cash(effectively) which would still have been a decent deal IMO.

Well we may have got £6m for KJ but we didn't keep it all as West Connection FC had a sell on clause in the contract , rumoured to be up to £1m if memory serves . The true cost of constantly losing your better players isn't just displayed on a balance sheet however , it's in the league table as well .