Lallana sold -Radio Hampshire

NickG

Yep, well alright, it's a load of of speculation-as per usual with the threads where the title looks so definitive.

Fine by me, dob us the swans whoever is supposed to be buying him, a shooting star, who will probably fade away into obscurity.I'd rather see Saints without him for a month or so, don't think the results will be any worse. Nothing worse than a striker who can't strike, it's like a fish without a bike.

Yep, well alright, it's a load of of speculation-as per usual with the threads where the title looks so definitive.

Fine by me, dob us the swans whoever is supposed to be buying him, a shooting star, who will probably fade away into obscurity.I'd rather see Saints without him for a month or so, don't think the results will be any worse. Nothing worse than a striker who can't strike, it's like a fish without a bike.

Window Cleaner, you really surprise me about Lallana as you really do not rate him...Opinions and all that but surely you are not serious about this great player who will soon be a big star elsewhere..Has he upset you or is it your opinion..Hopefully not pre=empting that Lowey will get rid..Lets hope he gets a big bundle of Wonga.

Come on..you know full well he is a great player and will get better..cheer up.

I see you are still spouting the same (yawn) old stuff ,you sad little old glass polisher,god help the next up and coming player that shows any ability he`s bound to get a right slagging from you or is it Lallana you have the beef with dont see you slating Mcg for his woeful shooting.

Window Cleaner, you really surprise me about Lallana as you really do not rate him...Opinions and all that but surely you are not serious about this great player who will soon be a big star elsewhere..Has he upset you or is it your opinion..Hopefully not pre=empting that Lowey will get rid..Lets hope he gets a big bundle of Wonga.

Considering we are in the Championship Adam is not scoring many goals.

He is obviously a good player but I dont think he is in the Le Tissier Wallace's Class

I couldn't agree more. In the games I have seen he has been the stand out player in terms of quality. On a couple of occasions I was with people still involved in the professional game at a very high level and they also shared this view. In time he will go on to be a very good player I'm sure.

I couldn't agree more. In the games I have seen he has been the stand out player in terms of quality. On a couple of occasions I was with people still involved in the professional game at a very high level and they also shared this view. In time he will go on to be a very good player I'm sure.

Totally agree,i suspect this is a personal dislike for a very nice lad,why i haven`t a clue.

Considering we are in the Championship Adam is not scoring many goals.

He is obviously a good player but I dont think he is in the Le Tissier Wallace's Class

John, no offence but you seem to support Window Cleaner,Nick 1 and 2, skudey the proffessor and a few others in everything that your Lowey group decide..Or is it just my imagination...

Lowey is getting ready to get rid so some posters in the Lavender Hill Mob start supporting Lowey in readiness by actively down playing a great little Saints player...

As I said maybe just my imagination, so do not take it personally just an observation about some of your group and all great things the great one decides.

Any way He is a fabulous footballer and not used to his best potential by a poor coach without tactics,formation,nous or a basic concept that is required even for a young side..many poor team selections/substitutions...

Then again badly directed by The Director of Football who obviously tells the Luvvies whats-what..Because he knows everything about football.

By the way tell nickg or nickh or whichever one that poster is this....The dots are meant to go with the dashes--- but I just can't remember the morse code

for SOS..Someone please get rid of these non football people running our club who think Adam Lallana is not an excellent up and coming footballer..What poppy****..Clean your windows and see the daylight luvvies.

Just my own little opinion. No offence intented brothers.

Edited by ottery st mary
spelling

John, no offence but you seem to support Window Cleaner,Nick 1 and 2, skudey the proffessor and a few others in everything that your Lowey group decide..Or is it just my imagination...

Lowey is getting ready to get rid so some posters in the Lavender Hill Mob start supporting Lowey in readiness by actively down playing a great little Saints player...

As I said maybe just my imagination, so do not take it personally just an observation about some of your group and all great things the great one decides.

Any way He is a fabulous footballer and not used to his best potential by a poor coach without tactics,formation,nous or a basic concept that is required even for a young side..many poor team selections/substitutions...

Then again badly directed by The Director of Football who obviously tells the Luvvies whats-what..Because he knows everything about football.

By the way tell nickg or nickh or whichever one that poster is this....The dots are meant to go with the dashes--- but I just can't remember the morse code

for SOS..Someone please get rid of these non football people running our club who think Adam Lallana is not an excellent up and coming footballer..What poppy****..Clean your windows and see the daylight luvvies.

Just my own little opinion. No offence intented brothers.

We had the same discussion a couple of weeks ago.

As I said Lallana is good footballer but is not scoring goals you cannot blame the tactics he has plenty of shooting chances.

He should have scored v Blackpool and our season may have changed

I just am not upset that he maybe going.

We need goals and Lallana is not delivering

Edited by John B

for SOS..Someone please get rid of these non football people running our club who think Adam Lallana is not an excellent up and coming footballer..What poppy****..Clean your windows and see the daylight luvvies. No offence intented brothers.

Hey I'm not in the Lowey Group, just don't rate Lallana very highly that's all.

If some mug is offering serious swans for him, well that's a bonus with a big B as far as I'm concerned.

We had the same discussion a couple of weeks ago.

As I said Lallana is good footballer but is not scoring goals you cannot blame the tactics .

He should have scored v Blackpool and our season may have changed.

I just am not upset that he maybe going

I respect your opinion John.. As I said if he does go as, Lowey has run out of money down at the farm and it would appear it is going that way.

I just thought it strange that his backing group were starting to put it about in recent weeks the lad is no good when he obviously is .Then again as always I may have the wrong end of the stick as Loweys group should be upping the price..

Personally let us agree that he stays and forms the necleus of a revamped team under a new coach..Pearson mark 2 and a new Chairman and Director of Football..You know it will happen and makes sense...Lowey to see sense and walk..Miracles do happen..

Keep up the good work John.

Totally agree,i suspect this is a personal dislike for a very nice lad,why i haven`t a clue.

Yes, unfortunately I have to agree. You will notice that the main pro-sell Lallana posters here are Lowe supporters getting ready to justify Lallana leaving when he inevitably does. Reasoned argument and debate of his ability gets particularly biased in this situation.

Hey I'm not in the Lowey Group, just don't rate Lallana very highly that's all.

If some mug is offering serious swans for him, well that's a bonus with a big B as far as I'm concerned.

Window Cleaner you can join my group..Not quite ready and my first offer was turned down by Lowey..Apparently he wants at leat 100 notes for the club...Send me some money and you can run the catering when we takover.

In the meantime try and support the team, including Adam or I will tell him where you sit.

Because he's playing as a deep striker and can't score. Nothing personal whatsoever. He's bogarting a role that he can't play and stopping someone who might be able to getting a chance.

There is nothing personal in it whatsoever, he's nearly 21 and being hyped up out of proportion. If he was really as good as some seem to believe he'd have 5 or 6 goals on his counter this season already.

When he scores some goals or at least makes some clear cut chances that we can score from I 'll join his fan club,Until then count me out.

Do you think Lallana has scored a decent number of goals this season?

Because I dont

Well that's a rhetorical question John but when the team as a total have only scored 16 goals in the CCC, two of which were pens and one was an own goal then you can hardly expect a mid-fielder to be scoring more than the main striker which Window Cleaner seems to be suggesting is the benchmark. Unfortunately for the reasons stated by several posters on this thread your assesment would appear to be clouded by other aspects.

How realistic is that though? CCC players may not be as gifted as those at PL level but they are still good enough to score one 30 yard monster a game given the opportunity. I feel sorry for Lancashire, James and others inc Gobern as they are blatantly needing 20 mins exposure from the bench and not to be all chucked in together. I feel particularly sorry for James having been clearly played out of position and having his confidence zapped. I just can't see a CCC level player in Lancashire but James does have ability and Gobern looks a good natural athlete.

Im not disagreeing with ya bud and I wasnt trying to be realistic in saying the 1-0 bit. I went on to say that if the defence doesnt get better we will have to be scoring 3 or 4 per game to be in with a shout of the 3 points.

I think Olly will be good enough and like you say they all need 20 mins here and there and then some time off. Maybe James will come back that little bit better as he has been out of the action for the last couple of games. I know we are asking allot of the kids but I really dont think we have the luxury of getting other more experienced players in of the standard that the kids are.

I dont think its there ability that lets them down. I think its there experience and decission making. I bloody hope they learn quick.

He'd have more goals in the CCC than our main striker then? Is that what you're saying?

He's scored 1 league goal so far (well I think so anyway). If he had 6, well yes he'd nearly be on a par with McG, but then he's playing a striking role isn't he.

Our problem is lack of goals,we're playing 4-4-1-1, the forward striker and the deep striker should be interchanging and equally potent, they aren't because Lallana can't shoot.

McG gets doubleteamed so he drifts wide to try to get space to work in.

Well that's a rhetorical question John but when the team as a total have only scored 16 goals in the CCC, two of which were pens and one was an own goal then you can hardly expect a mid-fielder to be scoring more than the main striker which Window Cleaner seems to be suggesting is the benchmark. Unfortunately for the reasons stated by several posters on this thread your assesment would appear to be clouded by other aspects.

What other aspects? It is only a matter of opinion nothing else

By the way how many goals has Lallana missed through his poor shooting

Surely he should have scored more than he has done this season.

If he had scored a few we would not be in the position we are this season.

A really top class player like MLT surely would have.

Some people think Adam is worth £3Million if so why?

Edited by John B

He's scored 1 league goal so far (well I think so anyway). If he had 6, well yes he'd nearly be on a par with McG, but then he's playing a striking role isn't he.

Our problem is lack of goals,we're playing 4-4-1-1, the forward striker and the deep striker should be interchanging and equally potent, they aren't because Lallana can't shoot.

Lallana scored one in the cup at Exeter as well.I was behind the goal and it was in although credited to little mac...So in fact Adam is catching our dynamic centre forward....Things can only get better....I reckon Adam refused to give you an autograph or you heard he is not fond of good old Lowey..come clean, windows..

Some may have forgot his goal against WBA last season. The technique to hit the ball across the goal keeper and keep the shot on target was absoloutly first class. Maybe the lad is feeling the pressure of being arguably our most creative player?

I once saw Terry Curran score a goal which took us to Wembley.

Apart from that he flattered to deceive

It's interesting that earlier this season Lallana was being linked with Poopey and now suddenly Spurs are back in for him again. Common denominator - 'Arry. Likely destination now I've said this: Fulham!

I get the impression that JP's not quite sure what to do with Lallana (i.e. play him in the hole or play him wide - it varies from game to game), hence why I won't be too upset if he moves on. Jason Euell was proving a useful foil for DMG, before his sending off, so maybe if we could get in a pacy right-sided winger to replace Lallana, it could suit us more.

This is the position as at today having just received emails following enquiries last evening..

Drew, Adam and their families and their agents are unaware of any attempt to sell them or any bids for them. They still want to play for Southampton.

If something has been lined up they are unaware so any talk of pre contractural agreements are pure nonsense.

Those of you who know where I get my player information from will know this statement is as factual as it can be. The rest of you will just have to trust my posting.

Interesting, as someone I know very well who spoke to JP personally a couple of weeks back was told that by him that Lallana was definitely off in January.

Goals are all important, but the game is about more than just that. The guy is just 20 and already he runs rings around oponents. Ok so he scuffs the odd shot but we're only about 15 games into his career and `fan's are already writing him off and don't seem to care if he stays or goes. If you're old enough to remember you will know that a certain MLT was bloody eratic in his younger days and far from the `unbelievable' 30 goals a season guy we all know. Jesus some of you are clueless when it comes to the delopment of young players.

One vs WBA last season

One vs Derby

One vs QPR

Not a great return and he does imo have a problem striking the ball properly. Would be interesting to know how many assists he's got and how many of our penalties have been won by fouls on Lallana. Off the top of my head the penalties against Norwich and Doncaster where won by fouls on Lallana.

I think the main problem atm isn't Lallana and McGoldrick in the striking positions but the lack of any sort of threat or penetration from wide areas, we really miss Holmes since his injury, if we had him on the left still I think we'd be in a far more healthy position. With Holmes left and Euell right we would have a well balanced attack, having to use the likes of Smith, Gobern, BWP and Thomson in the wide areas really isn't helping us at all, they aren't ready to start yet IMO.

Goals are all important, but the game is about more than just that. The guy is just 20 and already he runs rings around oponents. Ok so he scuffs the odd shot but we're only about 15 games into his career and `fan's are already writing him off and don't seem to care if he stays or goes. If you're old enough to remember you will know that a certain MLT was bloody eratic in his younger days and far from the `unbelievable' 30 goals a season guy we all know. Jesus some of you are clueless when it comes to the delopment of young players.

I think people are maybe resigned to the fact he's leaving so they're saying they don't mind if he leaves etc

He's clearly a very special player, just a shame we didn't give him more first team appearances over the last couple of seasons to help him develop as a player in a more experienced team.

What other aspects? It is only a matter of opinion nothing else

By the way how many goals has Lallana missed through his poor shooting

Surely he should have scored more than he has done this season.

If he had scored a few we would not be in the position we are this season.

A really top class player like MLT surely would have.

Some people think Adam is worth £3Million if so why?

Are you really trying to compare a 20 year old to one of the greatest players to ever put on a Southampton shirt?!

Of our wins this season:

Vs Derby - Lallana scored the goal

Vs Noriwch - Lallana won the penalty that put the game out of sight

Vs Doncaster - Lallana won the penalty that put the game out of sight

Vs Birmingham - Lallana scored

I think it's fair to say without Lallana we would be in a far worse position this season.

Personally he's one of five players of any class in our squad along with Holmes, Schneiderlin, Surman and Cork. With those five fit and on song along with the likes of Euell, Davis, Skacel, McGoldrick etc we should be fine. With one of more of the 5 out we are in trouble.

Are you really trying to compare a 20 year old to one of the greatest players to ever put on a Southampton shirt?!

Of our wins this season:

Vs Derby - Lallana scored the goal

Vs Noriwch - Lallana won the penalty that put the game out of sight

Vs Doncaster - Lallana won the penalty that put the game out of sight

Vs Birmingham - Lallana scored

I think it's fair to say without Lallana we would be in a far worse position this season.

Personally he's one of five players of any class in our squad along with Holmes, Schneiderlin, Surman and Cork. With those five fit and on song along with the likes of Euell, Davis, Skacel, McGoldrick etc we should be fine. With one of more of the 5 out we are in trouble.

I am not disagreeing with you I think he is a good player but not worth £3m as has been suggested and I do not feel his loss will cause us to be relegated .SFC may be able to do a deal to bring in other players to make the team stronger.

Pekhart Robertson and Smith will no doubt be returned so there must be scope for something

I am not disagreeing with you I think he is a good player but not worth £3m as has been suggested and I do not feel his loss will cause us to be relegated .SFC may be able to do a deal to bring in other players to make the team stronger.

Pekhart Robertson and Smith will no doubt be returned so there must be scope for something

It's hard to know what players are worth in the current market, I think personally 3m is about right but then if it's rumoured that 2 or 3 clubs are after him we might be able to get a bit of a bidding war.

3m in one lump sum is also a completley different deal than say 500k upfront and 2.5m depending on appearances/goals etc

Personally I think it would be a massive blow to lose Lallana but maybe Gasmi is good enough to take over and we could spend a bit of the transfer money to bring in a full back or two and secure Cork for the rest of the season. Depends how and if the money is spent really.

I note with some amusement that there are still some on here prepared to argue that we could sell our better players and still somehow mount a meaningful effort to avoid relegation this season . You would have thought our position in the league table or the teams disastrous home form would point to the need to strengthen the squad rather than weaken it , but football logic seems to be in short supply at SMS recently . As for the regulation "don't you realise we have no money" reply I'm all too well aware of the situation , but I'm also aware that relegation is a 'luxury' we can't afford either .

It will interesting to see in January which way the board jumps - put up a fight or prepare for League One , I'm betting on the latter .

Totally agree. Some common sense for a change on here. I can't understand anyone not rating probably our best outfield player this season. I also remember a young Le Tiss struggling to hold down a regular 1st team place under Nicholl and not developing into a outstanding player until a few years later.

For those who are happy to have him sold for a decent fee. Just one question for you? will Lowe get in quality replacements? or some more young Millwall/Sheff Utd reserves?

I note with some amusement that there are still some on here prepared to argue that we could sell our better players and still somehow mount a meaningful effort to avoid relegation this season . You would have thought our position in the league table or the teams disastrous home form would point to the need to strengthen the squad rather than weaken it , but football logic seems to be in short supply at SMS recently . As for the regulation "don't you realise we have no money" reply I'm all too well aware of the situation , but I'm also aware that relegation is a 'luxury' we can't afford either .

It will interesting to see in January which way the board jumps - put up a fight or prepare for League One , I'm betting on the latter .

Exactly right. For several years we have offloaded many of our better and adequate players (which by the way has got us where, on the financial front?) and every time, we get so called supporters stating they will be NO GREAT LOSS!! Wake up people!! By keep selling our better players, we are accellerating our downward spiral. If this policy is not reversed (and pretty damned fast) we will hit the deck with one almighty crash.

Totally agree. Some common sense for a change on here. I can't understand anyone not rating probably our best outfield player this season. I also remember a young Le Tiss struggling to hold down a regular 1st team place under Nicholl and not developing into a outstanding player until a few years later.

For those who are happy to have him sold for a decent fee. Just one question for you? will Lowe get in quality replacements? or some more young Millwall/Sheff Utd reserves?

Adam is one of the most, if not the, technically gifted players in the CCC and his type of player doesn't grow on trees in English football. We've got plenty of athletic grafters around but Adam plays with his head up and was superb last Saturday.

If he goes for peanuts, that's our slim chances of staying up (and probably afloat) gone so be careful folks (particularly Mr Lowe).

Barclays will hoover up the money and Gasmi will need time to adjust - I believe that Gasmi WILL be Adam's replacement. I just feel sad though - another talented local lad sold on after just a few appearances.

People who are knocking Adam on here should remember Alan Shearer in the late 80s - he was far from a prolific scorer in his early days, debut apart, but the fans and management could see his potential.

Your last paragraph encapulates the problem well John - it's one thing selling Adam but the loans brought in have been of dreadful quality Alex Pearce and possibly Cork apart (we have a lot of them!) - who is responsible for bringing in them? It should be Wotte and I hope it's Wotte but I've a feeling it may not be...

Your last paragraph encapulates the problem well John - it's one thing selling Adam but the loans brought in have been of dreadful quality Alex Pearce and possibly Cork apart (we have a lot of them!) - who is responsible for bringing in them? It should be Wotte and I hope it's Wotte but I've a feeling it may not be...

To be fair to most of the lads that have come in on loan they are playing well above there level at a young age. Someone like Pekhart might turn into a good player with a bit of experience but expecting him to lead the line in a league he has no experience of is asking a bit much.

Cork and Pearce both already had a lot of first team Championship experience unlike Smith, Robertson and Pekhart.

I would like to know how much we're paying in wages for Robertson, Pekhart and Smith, I doubt it's far off paying to keep one of our strikers here.

I would like to know how much we're paying in wages for Robertson, Pekhart and Smith, I doubt it's far off paying to keep one of our strikers here.

So, if rumour is to be believed (and why not this one is!!), Stern was on £18K a week. I can't see Saga or Rasiak being on much less than.

I cannot quite believe that we would be paying those three an average of £6k a week each. £1-2k maybe..

So, if rumour is to be believed (and why not this one is!!), Stern was on £18K a week. I can't see Saga or Rasiak being on much less than.

I cannot quite believe that we would be paying those three an average of £6k a week each. £1-2k maybe..

Fair enough, I was thinking Stern would be on around 10k, no suprise we're in such a bad positional financially when we sign a striker on that much when we already had Rasiak, Saga, BWP and McGoldrick.

Originally Posted by Andy_Porter viewpost.gif

Not exactly what I heard for Stern but very close. Stern got an increase with promotion to the Premier and his contract was not renegotiated, but just transferred over to Saints from Sunderland for the remaining period. I believe Sunderland paid a significant amount of his wages during his first season (could even be longer?). Saga is on £12k a week, possibly more. The only way we could guarantee his signature was to pay him at least what he was receiving at his previous club. The original was in Euro's and I would have assumed that was converted to £'s. If it remained in Euro's, could be even more. Rasiak I would assume will at least be the same as Saga, probably more.

I don't know what the new players are on for certain, but nothing like the previous gravy train. The only indicator I do have was that Wright was not even offered 1/2 his previous salary to resign.

Fair enough, I was thinking Stern would be on around 10k, no suprise we're in such a bad positional financially when we sign a striker on that much when we already had Rasiak, Saga, BWP and McGoldrick.

Sunderland wouldn't take Jones for 6 million if we didn't;

It was a poisoned deal; They gave us 6 million in 3 instalments and we took Sterns annual salary of 750K off their hands . KJ would have been on about

3K a week in those days, bad bad bad deal;

Sunderland wouldn't take Jones for 6 million if we didn't;

It was a poisoned deal; They gave us 6 million in 3 instalments and we took Sterns annual salary of 750K off their hands . KJ would have been on about

3K a week in those days, bad bad bad deal;

I have criticised Lowe, Wilde and Askham a lot on here so I'll be even-handed and say that Leon shouldn't have signed this if true. Euell is another deal I wish we hadn't done as well. Haven't been well run by either Rupert or Leon or the Execs since 2004 have we? The one constant for most of this time? - Mike Wilde. Draw your own conclusions.

Interesting, as someone I know very well who spoke to JP personally a couple of weeks back was told that by him that Lallana was definitely off in January.

Unless lies are being told by those quoted by Weston Saint, which I doubt as I know who he talked to.

This is what the two players have been saying since September, They or their agents know of no move, a prerequisite of any deal being done.

They both want to stay and Lallana especially, feels he needs at least this season playing regularly and both players want to stay.

If the club want them to go, the players would have to look at it, but it hasn't happened yet..

I have criticised Lowe, Wilde and Askham a lot on here so I'll be even-handed and say that Leon shouldn't have signed this if true. Euell is another deal I wish we hadn't done as well. Haven't been well run by either Rupert or Leon or the Execs since 2004 have we? The one constant for most of this time? - Mike Wilde. Draw your own conclusions.

Except Leon opposed signing Euell but was overrulled by the executive. The John deal was down to Burley and the executives as well although I do not know Crouches opinion on that one.