Lallana sold -Radio Hampshire

NickG

I would sacrifice Surman and Lallana to be financially more secure, recall a striker and play 4-4-2.

Skacel-Morgan-James-Thomson is a better midfield IMO, with Saga and DMG up front.

If we persist with 4-2-3-1 without Lallana then we're screwed as everyone else has been toss in the hole.

Trouble is we won't recall a striker. We'll only loan another kid with no track record.

No doubt this story is being put about by the anti lowe brigade and those that want to continually stoke the fires of hatred against the club and the directors.

If and when lallana and surman , scheridin davis leave the club , what will the negative brigade think of next to ***** our balloon of hope.

I think they have already struck ground sharing with the skates, oh thats already happened. perhaps the next rumour will be we are selling St Mary's to them.

As for player rumours these will be rife as we edge closer to the transfer window.

Oh as for rumours they are so easy to make up. I joked a few weeks ago about I had it on good authority lallana was going to skates.

worrying thing is , I had emails believing what I said in a throw away remark as I was sick of all this specualtion about our players going to who ever.

My advice for the grain of rice it worth, don't believe these rumours.

er, so we in a financial hole, we sell already sell anyone we can for a half decent price, but we shouldn't believe rumours about our best players going?????

I would sacrifice Surman and Lallana to be financially more secure, recall a striker and play 4-4-2.

Skacel-Morgan-James-Thomson is a better midfield IMO, with Saga and DMG up front.

If we persist with 4-2-3-1 without Lallana then we're screwed as everyone else has been toss in the hole.

That midfield looks very poor to me. James has not impressed in any position. He played midfield poorly at Rotherham. Thomson has some potential but is nowhere near ready to play regular first team football.

If Surman and Lallana go then we're doomed to relegation.

No doubt this story is being put about by the anti lowe brigade and those that want to continually stoke the fires of hatred against the club and the directors.

If and when lallana and surman , scheridin davis leave the club , what will the negative brigade think of next to ***** our balloon of hope.

I think they have already struck ground sharing with the skates, oh thats already happened. perhaps the next rumour will be we are selling St Mary's to them.

As for player rumours these will be rife as we edge closer to the transfer window.

Oh as for rumours they are so easy to make up. I joked a few weeks ago about I had it on good authority lallana was going to skates.

worrying thing is , I had emails believing what I said in a throw away remark as I was sick of all this specualtion about our players going to who ever.

Why would anyone whos anti Lowe want to start this rumour?

Lets face it Rupert does a good enough job of dashing our hopes and creating negativity,without anyones elses help.

Is it any wonder that when theres a rumour about one of our better players being sold ,its suddenly believed?

Not like Ruperts ever sold our best players before???

As for any sign of a balloon of hope,well Lowe burst that long ago.

4-4-2 is not going to happen while we have JP and people need to get used to that. The whole playing club from top to bottom is playing the same 4-2-3-1 system so that they can get players that automatically fit into the system. The club have only been doing it for a matter of months so if there are going to be benifits from it, we may not be seeing them fully yet.

As for the 2 players going I would be more upset about losing Surman than lallana. For a team that is so short of quality players Surman can do a CCC standard job in many positions and would be a great loss. lallana hasnt been all that effective in the hole and I think he would be doing better on the right. Euell has been much better in the hole, we just need to find away to keep him on the pitch. ;)

This is the position as at today having just received emails following enquiries last evening..

Drew, Adam and their families and their agents are unaware of any attempt to sell them or any bids for them. They still want to play for Southampton.

If something has been lined up they are unaware so any talk of pre contractural agreements are pure nonsense.

Those of you who know where I get my player information from will know this statement is as factual as it can be. The rest of you will just have to trust my posting.

Rupert, incase you wasn't aware the idea is to try and climb the table and gain promotion.

Here is a tip for you, YOU DONT WIN GAMES IF YOU SELL YOUR BEST PLAYERS.

Major shareholders get your wallets out before its to late FFS

You have a good point actually.

If they can get some money for Rasiak, Stern and Saga (I think they are all still on loan right?) but if they dont get as much as the banks are requesting then they should all dip into there own pockets to cover the difference.

Its no good building a young team for the future if they flog the kids off before they get the team anywhere.

I wonder if the Shareholders sticking some of there own cash in would encourage some of the stay aways to come back and give some of there much needed support?

If you want to remain in denial about the almost certainty that any player worth watching at St. Mary's will be sold in January, then keep your head firmly buried in the sand. Can you point me in the direction of any denials from the club? No. I thought not.

I also dispute your opening statement and find it insulting. I have always openly admitted that I am anti-Lowe, but please don't infer that anybody who detests him is also anti the Club. The two things are not mutually inclusive.

This is the position as at today having just received emails following enquiries last evening..

Drew, Adam and their families and their agents are unaware of any attempt to sell them or any bids for them. They still want to play for Southampton.

If something has been lined up they are unaware so any talk of pre contractural agreements are pure nonsense.

Those of you who know where I get my player information from will know this statement is as factual as it can be. The rest of you will just have to trust my posting.

cheers for that. I dont know who exactly you get your info from but think i have an idea.

It wont stop the rumours being spread but it should at least put them into context a little.

If you want to remain in denial about the almost certainty that any player worth watching at St. Mary's will be sold in January, then keep your head firmly buried in the sand. Can you point me in the direction of any denials from the club? No. I thought not.

I also dispute your opening statement and find it insulting. I have always openly admitted that I am anti-Lowe, but please don't infer that anybody who detests him is also anti the Club. The two things are not mutually inclusive.

Its firmly believed that as we dont have much dosh just about anyone is up for sale come jan until the banks are happy. But the rumours are usualy started for a reason either by wind ups or agents and usually end up in becoming true even if they were total balls when 1st started.

What if though, the club got rid of those that are already out on loan, ditched thomas and also some of the loans we have that are doing nothing and that all saved us enough to keep the banks happy? If the club then knocked back any offers for morgan, drew, lallana anyone that we want to keep.

Would the fans attitude change slightly on Lowe flogging anyone? Just a question.

I know this is third hand but a friend of a friend has spoke to Lallana who said he is off to Spuds in January. He also said Surman is off to Stoke.

I think it should be taken with a huge chunk of the sodium stuff.

AITK heard the rumour ?

Why on earth DON'T you believe it ......... I've been saying all along that come January, Lowe will be doing what he is best at ... SELLING

... what's the problem ??? Boyle, Pulis, and a few Loanies will soon get us rocketing up the table ???

Its firmly believed that as we dont have much dosh just about anyone is up for sale come jan until the banks are happy. But the rumours are usualy started for a reason either by wind ups or agents and usually end up in becoming true even if they were total balls when 1st started.

What if though, the club got rid of those that are already out on loan, ditched thomas and also some of the loans we have that are doing nothing and that all saved us enough to keep the banks happy? If the club then knocked back any offers for morgan, drew, lallana anyone that we want to keep.

Would the fans attitude change slightly on Lowe flogging anyone? Just a question.

All these loan players who are doing nothing, who was it who was in charge when they were signed? Lowe I think. So not surprising that he must accept some of the blame for that. And as for knocking back any offers for those players we might want to keep, that is a two way street. We could use it as a negotiating ploy to try and raise their price, but we cannot keep any player who wants to leave, just look back at the Kenwyn Jones situation. And why wouldn't they want to leave when they could earn 3/4 times more and put themselves on the big stage too?

If we sell those two and get a defence then it will be worth it. If it just sucks up the debt then it is very sad indeed. Rupert Lowe = old mother Hubbard.

The Achilles heel of Lowe's SELL SELL SELL policy, is that all the monies "gained" only go towards paying off the Interest on our Debt ...... NOT reducing the Debt itself ......... treading water at best

With Administration, all monies the Administrator(s) "gain" would go towards clearing the Debt itself

Yet more well thought out Business logic by Lowelife ......... Sell off all the Team simply to keep the PLC Afloat

All these loan players who are doing nothing, who was it who was in charge when they were signed? Lowe I think. So not surprising that he must accept some of the blame for that. And as for knocking back any offers for those players we might want to keep, that is a two way street. We could use it as a negotiating ploy to try and raise their price, but we cannot keep any player who wants to leave, just look back at the Kenwyn Jones situation. And why wouldn't they want to leave when they could earn 3/4 times more and put themselves on the big stage too?

Im not trying to throw blame around for what loans we have or have not got but I think there is about 50% of them have had some success and the rest havnt really made it near enough the 1st team to make a difference. But then should we be playing loans that we wont keep hold of ahead of our own players if the job they do will be similar?

What your saying about the negotiations is right, I was just talkng hypothetically to try and figure out what the current board would have to do to start to turn the fans opinions. I dont think they will ever get majority support but they could do with making a few decissions that the fans either understand or semi support.

Surman, Lallana, Schneiderlin and Davies will be gone in January, along with whoever else attracts attention.

Time to face facts. We are sooo going down.

Just go back a year and you could easily figure this out. If at that time you knew we were unable to sell on any of the senior pro's and get the wage bill down sufficiently, anything and everything would be up for sale to avoid administration.

It's as if this situation has popped out of nowhere to surprise us all? We could have done a lot about the situation, but now we are too busy fighting fires than building for the future. So glad you eventually noticed.

I said on here only a couple of weeks ago that I'd found out from a pretty reliabale source that both Surman and Lallana were to be moved on, come January. I've no doubt it'll happen. And before you think on the Lallana front, oh well, no loss, how about..?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-WraR8sCuTI

We're going down anyway and probably into administration - let's face it, after Drew and Adam and possibly Kelvin, there's no more player assets left to sell, in fact the only asset is the stadium!

Just go back a year and you could easily figure this out. If at that time you knew we were unable to sell on any of the senior pro's and get the wage bill down sufficiently, anything and everything would be up for sale to avoid administration.

It's as if this situation has popped out of nowhere to surprise us all? We could have done a lot about the situation, but now we are too busy fighting fires than building for the future. So glad you eventually noticed.

If we're losing the only players of professional football standard left we might as well go into administration anyway. The risk is we might end up with a hideous loan deal on St Mary's but this is where the Bank should say "no Rupert, that makes the team uncompetitive at this level and the board cannot finance this infrastructure in League 1 - seeing as Rupert had the lavish Staplewood facilities built post-relegation. Therefore you and Mike Wilde go or we pull the plug". It's going to happen at some stage so better to do it and not start in League 1 on -15. Either that, or Rupert and Mike salvage something and sell at a loss to people that can at least keep the club sustainable at CCC level.

This board cannot do so and it is high time some on this board put their hands up to this fact.

Also, I can't see JP showing flexibility with his tactics.

There are many managers that have grown up with 4-4-2 as the standard and wont stray from it at all. JP has grown up with a different formation and believes in it.

Its showing signs of working for us so why not give it some more time? Its our defending that is letting us down as we are still scoring the odd goal here and there. Chelsea showed that winning 1-0 every game is still good enough to be top of the league. so if we can become hard to beat then we should be in a position where we can get the results we need. IMO

There are many managers that have grown up with 4-4-2 as the standard and wont stray from it at all. JP has grown up with a different formation and believes in it.

Its showing signs of working for us so why not give it some more time? Its our defending that is letting us down as we are still scoring the odd goal here and there. Chelsea showed that winning 1-0 every game is still good enough to be top of the league. so if we can become hard to beat then we should be in a position where we can get the results we need. IMO

Are seven goals at home really enough? Get real.

Problem is, he hasn't got any money to bring in players to adapt to that system. 7 goals is not nearly enough at home, particularly when he are playing the likes of Lancashire at the back who looks League 2 at very best. With Thomas out long-term, Perry and Svensson can't playe every game. Kelvin's been brilliant and has saved us from a few 5 and 6 goal hammerings but he can't do it game in, game out.

Let's face it with attendance at rock bottom there's no way we're not going to be selling players in January. And Lallana is probably the most obvious sellable asset (remember we're talking about selling players people might actually want to buy - rather than players we'd like to see sold).

V odd for it to be agreed already though.

I know Mark Dennis has a strong anti-Lowe agenda, but as the radio station that sells itself on its close links to the club, stating this sort of thing if its not true should be addressed.

If you are happy to pm me anymore to provenance your post (in total confidence) I would like to email the presenters to seek an explanation.

I know Mark Dennis has a strong anti-Lowe agenda, but as the radio station that sells itself on its close links to the club, stating this sort of thing if its not true should be addressed.

If you are happy to pm me anymore to provenance your post (in total confidence) I would like to email the presenters to seek an explanation.

Done.

Whilst I am a fan of Lallana, I wonder how good he is? He is very good in a very average team, but how does he compare with the likes of Bale and Walcott? This is going to become more important if he is to be sold. What fee will we get for him?

Technically he is a batter player, better touch, more ticks and better ability with an oponent tight to him. He plays with his head up all the time, he is a class act. Not the finished article I might add but a quality player.

What he doesn't have is the pace Bale and Walcott have that enables you to get away with more mistakes and lack of experience. It its slightly less important in midfield. Where do you play him though in a Premiership side? Not many teams give players the freedom of the park.

Make no mistake he is a gem and £1m offers should be laughed at no matter how much trouble we are in.

if we could get Saga, Rasiak, John, Thomas and Skacel off our books permanently then perhaps we might be able to afford to keep Surman and Lallana.

I would be more than happy to get rid of any of those you mention or anyone else for that matter to keep Surman and Lallana as both could go on to become great players for us but with the bank wanting Money in I can see them both being sold and Kelvin as well and with it being a fire sale I dont think we will get what they are worth.

Problem is, he hasn't got any money to bring in players to adapt to that system. 7 goals is not nearly enough at home, particularly when he are playing the likes of Lancashire at the back who looks League 2 at very best. With Thomas out long-term, Perry and Svensson can't playe every game. Kelvin's been brilliant and has saved us from a few 5 and 6 goal hammerings but he can't do it game in, game out.

7 goals would have been enough if it was 7 x 1-0 wins at home is what im saying.

we have created more chances than pretty much anyone and as long as we keep doing that then I believe the goals will come. unless the defence gets allot better we will continue to lose the games that we dont score 4 or 5 in and that is something that has to be addressed no matter what.

I think Olly will come good and can do a job at this level but I dont think we should be relying on him just as much as we shouldnt be relying on killer or perry.

I would be more than happy to get rid of any of those you mention or anyone else for that matter to keep Surman and Lallana as both could go on to become great players for us but with the bank wanting Money in I can see them both being sold and Kelvin as well and with it being a fire sale I dont think we will get what they are worth.

you are spot on.

I have to say the reason we are in this **** is because we tried and failed to offload Skacel, didn't have a fit Thomas to sell and my best guess is that the deal to sell Davis fell through at the last minute (hence us buying Forecast). With them gone the books would probably have balanced. Havign said that the gates have been so low we would probably still have had to sell one if them.

I think Olly will come good and can do a job at this level but I dont think we should be relying on him just as much as we shouldnt be relying on killer or perry.

I think he will too. Unfortuntaley all we do at present is cut him some slack and face facts that he is going to make mistakes and get bullied off the ball a little. That doesn't help our current situation though and he needs to lean quickly if we are to have a chance of staying up.

Even if Killer is back at the weekend I would have reservations at playing him with Perry.

7 goals would have been enough if it was 7 x 1-0 wins at home is what im saying.

we have created more chances than pretty much anyone and as long as we keep doing that then I believe the goals will come. unless the defence gets allot better we will continue to lose the games that we dont score 4 or 5 in and that is something that has to be addressed no matter what.

How realistic is that though? CCC players may not be as gifted as those at PL level but they are still good enough to score one 30 yard monster a game given the opportunity. I feel sorry for Lancashire, James and others inc Gobern as they are blatantly needing 20 mins exposure from the bench and not to be all chucked in together. I feel particularly sorry for James having been clearly played out of position and having his confidence zapped. I just can't see a CCC level player in Lancashire but James does have ability and Gobern looks a good natural athlete.

Well there we have it - confirmation that once again Lowe and Wilde are prepared to hold shares in the club to take money out, but not invest when the going gets tough to maintain the club's standing. Also shows what a complete farce Lowe's big plan is to develop a youthful and succesful side - this will never happen all the time we sell our better players - whether they are 18 or 38 regardless.

THE STRATEGY IS NOT WORKING AND NEVER WILL.

I thought that's what the answer would be, Ron. I was waiting until you posted, for the actual situation. (E has contacted me, he is going to Notts Forest)

so that'll be everyone then

Jan/Lowe/Wotte whoever were going to say picks the team the formation appears to be here to stay.

Technically he is a batter player, better touch, more ticks and better ability with an oponent tight to him. He plays with his head up all the time, he is a class act. Not the finished article I might add but a quality player.

What he doesn't have is the pace Bale and Walcott have that enables you to get away with more mistakes and lack of experience. It its slightly less important in midfield. Where do you play him though in a Premiership side? Not many teams give players the freedom of the park.

Make no mistake he is a gem and £1m offers should be laughed at no matter how much trouble we are in.

Some sensible accurate and constructive view of a very talented lad who will flourish in the big time and play many games for England.

As you say he is a class act.....Thank you.

Team Saint

You believe the rumours at your own peril. If they happen they happen. theres no point giving yorself an ulcer if you belive every rumour that is spouted.

I heard lastnight we are going to get stuffed on Saturday.

I leave for the game this afternoon. If I believed that rumour then I may as well save some money and cancel my airfair.

But Im not I have faith in the team (Its hanging by a thread) that we will get at least apoint against reading.

Ladysaint did we agree to meet up on saturday?

Yes I owe you a beer or two you have my mobile number give me a call when you are in Reading I will be in town centre from about midday I think. Have a safe trip from the Orkney Isles.

reply from Stewart Dennis - as I said in first post only caught end of it, appears to have been said by a caller and Mark Dennis took it as fact,

"Hello

The item in question was a call from a listener who said they had been speaking to a source who said Adam Lallana was sold.

Obviously he cannot be sold at present as the transfer window is not open.

We agreed that it is likely that Adam Lallana will be sold in Jan, I would personally be surprised if he is not. However there is of course no confirmation of this and at no point did I confirm this info was from the club!

Regards

Stewart Dennis

Edited by NickG

So the thread title should be 'Lallana sold according to some bloke who rang up Radio Hampshire' :)

Being realistic, if things don't improve off the pitch with better attendances or - dare I mention it - investment, we all know Lallana will be sold in January. The only question is really how much.

Maybe Lowe`s football chairman puppet will come on here

and quash or clarify the rumour like he did with the "Boyle signing before the

match " thingy.

Either way any player with a reasonable sale value will be off in January

and we will continue to freefall into League 1.

Come on Rupe`s let him speak or is it true he has been "pre window" sold?

just caught the end of the brother show where Mark Dennis was talking to Russell Osman about our plight.

Mark Dennis and the other guy were saying we have just heard that Lallana has been sold and the bank informed.

They seemed to be referring to earlier conversation.

Anyone hear the rest?

So the thread title should be 'Lallana sold according to some bloke who rang up Radio Hampshire' :)

Being realistic, if things don't improve off the pitch with better attendances or - dare I mention it - investment, we all know Lallana will be sold in January. The only question is really how much.

think it was fair and accurate.

Mark Dennis said he was being sold and I asked if anyone heard where this was from. I have tried to resolve it.