Is Lowe taking the club forward?

The Fat Controller

I don't think the club is going forward but think aim at moment is to survive

I dont think the club is going backwards which it has for the last five years

I think we are overall in a better position than last year both financially and on the pitch

However we will not know fully to the end of the season if we get relegated the answer will be no if we stay up the answer will be yes

Edited by John B

I think we are overall in a better position than last year both financially and on the pitch

Let's hope that's the case, but we simply can't know until the end of the season. Relegation would be just as disastrous financially as it was the first time around - if not more so.

Let's hope that's the case, but we simply can't know until the end of the season. Relegation would be just as disastrous financially as it was the first time around - if not more so.

Yes I agree I was going to add that to my post but was distracted I will add it now

I think yes he is. Were being build into a model that can live within its means (although there is some way to go) and we are playing much better attacking football (which will hopefully continue to improve), using our youth players to our advantage and i think they are benefitting, and he is committed to a coach and a new set up.

However we will not know fully to the end of the season if we get relegated the answer will be no if we stay up the answer will be yes

If you think that we are in a better position both financially and on the pitch than last year, please explain why, in January, Lowe will SELL OFF

Davis, Lalana, Schneiderlin, Surnam ???

THAT is not in any way a POSITIVE action, because it will IMMEDIATELY weaken the Team that has JUST begun to gel together and get results

By February 1st, we will be back to the position of fielding an untried and untested Hotch Potch of players, right at the time in the season that we need to Consolidate what we have started, and push on UP the table

I do NOT believe that Barclays have insisted that we sell the likes of the players listed above. They may be a Bank, but they can also see that the ONLY way for SFC to progress, is for it to be allowed to Build a successful TEAM ......... THAT is what the "Business" is all about ..... FOOTBALL

Do Barclays REALLY want to see a Southampton Football Team drift slowly down the Leagues, CCC, Div 1, Div 2 etc, etc ..... I don't think so

In most other Businesses, you do not TEAR APART, what is only just beginning to bear FRUIT

Poortvliet HAS now put together a TEAM that are beginning to show REAL PROGRESS

What Lowe is about to do in January, is to DESTROY ALL THAT

The answer can only be 'YES!'. Without the change implimented we would now be in adminstration.

I am 100% behind our kids, our very underestimated manager and our club - As Should You All Be!

We are moving in the right direction and whilst I am frustrated by some results and the naivety shown, I am also excited by style of football.

The prospects are fantastic - Surman, Lallana, Schneiderlin, Mills, Gobern, Mcgoldrick, James and more - They will all grace the Premiership. Maybe not with Saints, but if there sail allows us to move forward then they will have made a huge contribution to our return to the premiership

If you think that we are in a better position both financially and on the pitch than last year, please explain why, in January, Lowe will SELL OFF

THAT is not in any way a POSITIVE action, because it will IMMEDIATELY weaken the Team that has JUST begun to gel together and get results

By February 1st, we will be back to the position of fielding an untried and untested Hotch Potch of players, right at the time in the season that we need to Consolidate what we have started, and push on UP the table

I do NOT believe that Barclays have insisted that we sell the likes of the players listed above. They may be a Bank, but they can also see that the ONLY way for SFC to progress, is for it to be allowed to Build a successful TEAM ......... THAT is what the "Business" is all about ..... FOOTBALL

Do Barclays REALLY want to see a Southampton Football Team drift slowly down the Leagues, CCC, Div 1, Div 2 etc, etc ..... I don't think so

In most other Businesses, you do not TEAR APART, what is only just beginning to bear FRUIT

It is 25 November today and I dont know what will happen in January

the rest of your post is your predictions which may, or may not come true (remember the guarantees that everyone would go in the summer and no-one would come in?)

The only bit you posted as a current assessment is the bit above - quite positive

The answer can only be 'YES!'. Without the change implimented we would now be in adminstration.

I am 100% behind our kids, our very underestimated manager and our club - As Should You All Be!

We are moving in the right direction and whilst I am frustrated by some results and the naivety shown, I am also excited by style of football.

The prospects are fantastic - Surman, Lallana, Schneiderlin, Mills, Gobern, Mcgoldrick, James and more - They will all grace the Premiership. Maybe not with Saints, but if there sail allows us to move forward then they will have made a huge contribution to our return to the premiership

thats how i see it ,short of a takeover i do not see how any choice but to go down this route .

have you forgotten to take your pills again??

This club should have 'cut it's cloth' when we were relegated three years ago . Instead we dithered , gambled , experimented and generally f**ked around .....

Now i think we're finally moving in the right direction , but i wouldn't say it's down to Lowe . Our financial predicament has dictated this route .

It staggers me that people who profess a knowledge of how a football club should be run and who might run it, do not observe the basics of how our club is funded and the current perilous state of its finances.

The annual report and accounts clearly show the position when Lowe left and when he returned. These are numbers provided by accountants and verified by the city - not some figment of Lowe's imagination.

Yes, Lowe oversaw our first relegation in 27 years. For that he must take the blame - or at least a high proportion of it.

He then oversaw the sale of players and sanctioning of only 90k on transfer fees for Ricardo Fuller. Had he remained in charge we would have sold players and reduced the remainder's wages.

Instead, a new board gambled all on red and it came up black.

Hence we have NO CHOICE but to sell the likes of the players you mention.

But most laughable of all, is the idea that Lowe is tearing apart what Poortvliet put together....

This is pure comedy and if you cannot see the irony you need a quick trip to Specsavers.