Sign him up, Sign him up, Sign him up.......

Dazza82

In a similar vein, I think that performance would only have significantly increased the amount of money Chelsea would be willing to pay for Shaw. He out-performed one of the best LBs in the world tonight. By a distance.

How can you out-perform yourself? ;)

That was some goal. In the recent months, Puncheon has shown that he is excellent at protecting the ball at his feet, quickly shifting it away from the defender, making space for himself. Did it several times in the second half against Arsenal, where he was a bit isolated on the wing.

Today we saw loads of defending from Punch and some of that superb interplay between him and Clyne.

Punch rarely frustrates me - even when he's just done another cut infield instead of getting to the byline. He does an excellent job of piling on pressure from the right side...

If offered surely he'd sign a new contract ??

Not for definite. Things are going brilliantly for him now but there were around 2 years where he hated being here. He'll almost certainly be offered more money elsewhere as well. I'd love it if he would resign for us - but I will understand if he ends up leaving.

Strange thing, football and it's supporters. Seems like only 5 minutes ago that JP was the biggest waste of space. Now? 'Sign him up!' It's a funny old game, so said JG.

I don't really have an issue with knee jerk reactions to players when they score (best player ever) or get a red card (worst player ever). What still bothers me about the Punch saga are those tweets that were directed at him just after the Cortese incident. There were some totally unacceptable threats and generally some shocking language directed towards Punch. He was the villain at the time, but even now when he's turned it around I wouldn't begrudge him if he still remembers that tirade of abuse from our "fans"...

Unfortunately I think too much water has passed under the bridge, and he doesn't want to resign. With the performances he's putting in don't be surprised if someone like Everton, Spurs or the like snap him up.

Surely that's the only reason a new contract hasn't been offered or accepted. It would be a shame to lose him in the Summer; have great respect for the way he has played this season - it's obvious too that he is popular with the other lads.