Best musical climaxes

pap

Inspired by RonManager's Best Intro's thread and informed by my own musical prejudices, I'm perhaps fondest of music with a rousing or genuinely well thought out climax. It's always annoyed me a little that an epic like Freebird doesn't have a recorded climax ( although I get why for that particular song ).

Anyway, ball rolling:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MKECkPawhU

I'm with Bexy - more of a slow fade-out for insomniacs.

Classical - I guess would have to be Nessun Dorma.

Classic Rock - probably Deep Purple 'Sweet Child in Time', Led Zepp 'Stairway' or a few things by Wishbone Ash, or even Bohemian Rhapsody.

Struggling to think of anything more contemporary, as most of it just fades out. Guess it's a generational thing.

Robbie Robertson's guitar solo at the end of The Band's King Harvest (has surely come).

The piano end of "A day in the life".

But this is my fav, simple rock and roll at it's best, kicks back the chair and bangs the piano lid down. Looks like The Killer has escaped from the local penitentiary

Robbie Robertson's guitar solo at the end of The Band's King Harvest (has surely come).

The piano end of "A day in the life".

But this is my fav, simple rock and roll at it's best, kicks back the chair and bangs the piano lid down. Looks like The Killer has escaped from the local penitentiary

I was watching film of Jerry Lee Lewis just last night. There was always something very scary about him on stage. No wonder they called him The Killer! And then there was Little Richard - always something deranged and kinky about him on stage!