Some answers please

Saintru

Already written a long angry Facebook status about this and had to have a bit of a sit down lol

Is the answer "A) The Football League are a bunch of amateurish, self-interested ***ts", perhaps?

It is a real "two fingers" to Saints though. Make an example of us, yet Pompey effectively steal £200m of public money, deliberately destroy local businesses and the footballing authorities allow the club to be brought out of admin by more public money with a business plan written on a napkin and it's all fine and dandy.

I'd like to think at my age I could just allow my bitter cynicism to kick in and laugh this off....but if one of the blue few was in front of me cheering this I would kick him into next week as a matter of principle and be extremely happy in my work.

Trying to step back...what difference is one more f**king travesty in the Pompey saga?

When all's said and done they couldn't get 16,000 against Man U in the Prem so after the novelty has worn thin, how many will watch them losing in League 2? As far as I can see the fans consortium is a crap business model and they have already used every penny they could borrow to achieve this so where will the investment come from to get out of League 2? You'd think they would have substantial costs to get the infrastructure working properly again...surely they won't get away with a fourth round of buying players on a gazillion quid a week on the promise that it will be paid for by future success?

In summary - it's sh1t but common sense says we get to watch them squirm for a while yet anyway!

They didn't make an example of us at all, they followed their clearly laid out rules.

Which were so clearly laid out that at first it seemed we had done nothing wrong at all because the Football Club had not gone into Administration, only a holding company with no football related assets. However, SkatesFC punishment today is not for going into administration, it is for exiting administration with a Company Voluntary Arrangement not being fully compliant with the Football League's insolvency policy. So actually that is 20 points deducted for going into administration, although of course Skates have managed to avoid any of these deducted points having any effect whatsoever.

IIRC their rules were so unclear that they had to go back and change them AFTER giving us the minus 10?

Not around the timing they didn't.

After Leeds went into admin Minutes after getting relegated the league changed the rules. If you entered admin after a certain date in the season and would have been relegated anyway, the minus 10 rolls over until the following year. We went into admin after the cut off date, would have gone down without it, so it rolled over. The only grey area was around the club/parent company balance, but they deducted Cov -10 so have been consistent there.

Nobody has been in the situation regarding not honouring a CVA , until them, so the league imposed special terms (-10). Whether that's too lenient is open to debate, but saying we were made an example of is not.

Already written a long angry Facebook status about this and had to have a bit of a sit down lol

Is the answer "A) The Football League are a bunch of amateurish, self-interested ***ts", perhaps?

It is a real "two fingers" to Saints though. Make an example of us, yet Pompey effectively steal £200m of public money, deliberately destroy local businesses and the footballing authorities allow the club to be brought out of admin by more public money with a business plan written on a napkin and it's all fine and dandy.

I'd like to think at my age I could just allow my bitter cynicism to kick in and laugh this off....but if one of the blue few was in front of me cheering this I would kick him into next week as a matter of principle and be extremely happy in my work.

Trying to step back...what difference is one more f**king travesty in the Pompey saga?

When all's said and done they couldn't get 16,000 against Man U in the Prem so after the novelty has worn thin, how many will watch them losing in League 2? As far as I can see the fans consortium is a crap business model and they have already used every penny they could borrow to achieve this so where will the investment come from to get out of League 2? You'd think they would have substantial costs to get the infrastructure working properly again...surely they won't get away with a fourth round of buying players on a gazillion quid a week on the promise that it will be paid for by future success?

In summary - it's sh1t but common sense says we get to watch them squirm for a while yet anyway!

So you'd kick off at a Pompey fan because of it, you have a strong opinion, yet you have clearly not done any research around the rules to come to a conclusion?

I personally think it's consistent, altho circumstances meant it was harsher on us. I may well be wrong and i'd be happy for someone to correct me if they've researched it more than i have and therefore have a more educated opinion.

It just annoys me when people have such strong, tribal opinions without bothering to present any evidence to back it up.

We got hit with the -10 and was informed that we could appeal this if we wanted when we exited administration, then when we was bought out the football league informed us we could not appeal the points deduction and if we did we would not receive the golden share.

This is of course is I remember correctly

They've suffered enough. Let it go. Good luck to them for next season. Not sure I believe this 'owned by the fans' crap- I suspect one or two put most of the money in but I respect them for standing by the club through admin and the slide down the leagues.

It's wrong, inconsistent and unfair on all the other clubs like us, Leeds, Bournemouth and Luton, who have suffered at the hands of the incompetent Football League. But I don't know why they have let Portsmouth off because -10 this season is no punishment at all.

Good to see them all 'packing the park' and showing why they are the 'best football fans in the world' today. How long will it take them to realise they are watching League Two football next season.

Don't worry chaps, they've got this chance and then it will be curtains. Div 4 is a kickers league and their lightweight side will get hammered. Just wait to see where they are come the new year and how many shaved chimps are paying to watch them. Liquidation is hanging over the hole like the Sword of Damacles...

It's wrong, inconsistent and unfair on all the other clubs like us, Leeds, Bournemouth and Luton, who have suffered at the hands of the incompetent Football League. But I don't know why they have let Portsmouth off because -10 this season is no punishment at all.

Good to see them all 'packing the park' and showing why they are the 'best football fans in the world' today. How long will it take them to realise they are watching League Two football next season.

The only inconsistency is the points deduction amount compared the the punishments for the clubs mentioned, but each of them were also punished for other offences at the same time.

By packing the park, I assume you mean getting 1500 fewer than they claimed to be getting ?

Ours was the standard punishment for a team that goes into admin after a certain date of the season, and would have been relegated without the -10.

There's was basically a league imposed term around the failure of the last CVA.

And yes, this is the answer to the OP.