Sunderland 1-1 SAINTS // Post-Match Reaction

Saint-Armstrong

Had a great day out at Sunderland away end was rocking decent away point and safety happy days.

I thought Shaw was magnifico today looked like a future England player,very pleased to see Morgan back in the side he was quality and for me has been player of the season.

We do seem to of lost a little of our cutting edge not as free scoring but we played well dominated possesion and should have won the game.

Good god Sunderland is far away! One of us drove up whilst I came back as our driver seemed to experience some sort of bout of death from the night before which meant a sober afternoon in Sunderland... A real eye opener of why the north is to be left so far away.

Anyway, nice ground, blindingly bad home support (was there a song other than the goal?) though they were friendly northern people, we out played them about 85 mins of the game apart from when they put a second striker on and we had about 2 mins to get used to that (and notice they were both dreadful) and then the tiny patch where they kept running about till they eventually lucked a goal. I nearly cried when that went in as it was one of the most undeserved goals in the universe, then I nearly cried when punch bundled it over the line to not kill the drive back. JWP running back to the middle was hilarious as well!

On a better day/worse day for Mingoulet we could have had 6 or 7 as that team is beyond poor, no one seems to care, there's a tiny bit of fear from Di Canio but you can see he'll last about 6 more weeks if he can't shift about 10/11 members of his playing squad as so many of them are just that bad. Their best players are the keeper, Rose on loan for Spurs (no idea what they will do next week for that), N'Dyie who dives/cheats/shouts a lot and that ginger kid that ran about a lot, rest didn't really make an impression or got beaten so much the goal genuinely looked a surprise.

Our plus side, we really seem to be getting into the stride of playing well and playing imaginative football, shame Lallana/Lambert weren't quite getting it on today and Lambert wasn't getting back off side as much (slight annoyance not everything going forward was coming off I felt) but it is much more positive than against West Brom and a few others this year where we forget how to break teams down properly.

Best news of the day as well Charlie Adam should be banned for next week and he was the closest thing Stoke had to a professional footballer on the basis he could pass.

All in all mathematically safe should have been assured 4-6 weeks ago, but it is done now :D

we aren't a bad team,as yesterday showed but we need a clinical striker.

an on form srl would have buried that chance .another away ground with absolute silence till they scored,so those who moan about sms need to see other pl grounds.

shaw and clyne were our best players and good to see puncheon renew his partnership with clyne

my one moan is,we are playing some lovely football but we need an end product and then we will be a team the others in the league will have to watch out for

by the way paddy if you read this,the beers are still on me and stevie if we are in the champions league with in 3 years

my last game of the season,so coys for sunday and roll on next season

A tired display all round. This looked like typical end-of-season stuff when everyone is knackered and brain dead and fed up with being harassed by loud-mouthed know-alls in the coaching area, when all they are wanting to do is have a few lazy days getting up late with sod-all training to do and a nice warm sunny beach to lie on for a couple of months.

A totally inept display that rather suggests that this squad has reached it's limits of imagination and performance. Our sudden inability to score also confirms that other teams have cracked us and we don't have any answers. Second season syndrome beginning to set in? If things aren't changed this summer we will struggle next season. We are nowhere near being the finished article.

A tired display all round. This looked like typical end-of-season stuff when everyone is knackered and brain dead and fed up with being harassed by loud-mouthed know-alls in the coaching area, when all they are wanting to do is have a few lazy days getting up late with sod-all training to do and a nice warm sunny beach to lie on for a couple of months.

A totally inept display that rather suggests that this squad has reached it's limits of imagination and performance. Our sudden inability to score also confirms that other teams have cracked us and we don't have any answers. Second season syndrome beginning to set in? If things aren't changed this summer we will struggle next season. We are nowhere near being the finished article.

how was it a totally inept display, we had 19 shots or something, away from home against a team fighting for their lives.

whats wrong with some fans

Do you honestly believe that there won't be any changes in the summer ??

Reading dross like this makes me wonder if I actually watch the same game as other Saints fans.

Typical overreaction response.

We dominated Sunderland, if Rickie's shot had gone in at the end but everything else had panned out in exactly the same way I guarantee you would not have written this.

Strange post.

I didn't go, but your view seems like you were viewing different game to reporters on sky/ talk sport / Solent etc and Sunderland's fans.

The stats also suggest we were far from inept.

Squad reached its limit?

In 2nd half of the season we are 8th. If that's our limit, with current squad / manager, it ain't bad!

2nd half of season is also the time, stating obvious, we play teams for 2nd time.

So have we now been found out, no answers?

1st half of season - w4, d4, l10. Points -16, placing 18th.

2nd half of season - w5, d9, l5. Points -24, placing 8th.

Inability to score? ( we did score ;) )

As a lover of stats can't argue that one in four games is poor.

However, 3 of those 4 were away. Of those 3, two against decent sides (spurs/Swansea).other against Sunderland who have good defensive record at home. (Man u and Arsenal both recently only scored once there).

So really this inability to score is predominately a poor game against WBA, which maybe you are right, was foot off pedal when safe after long uphill season.

Only month ago we 7 in 3 games against Reading, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Happen to be watching MOTD as type this quotes such as us being 'far better side'.

60% plus possession. 15 shots. 10 corners away from home = inept?

how was it a totally inept display, we had 19 shots or something, away from home against a team fighting for their lives.

whats wrong with some fans

Too true if it was Saints at home needing the win to survive we would have expected to get it as did Sunderland. in the end they didn't due to a good fighting display by us! not what i would call inept!

:lol: :lol: What an absolute twunt. Were you watching the right match Charlie? Were you actually watching anything, more to the point?

I do that sometimes bear, I can be 40 minutes into a Stoke game, shouting at the TV about the long ball tactics, moaning about Crouchy not taking it to the corners, then I realise "this ain't us!" and switch the TV back to TV burp or whatever.

I've spent literally seconds this season trying to work out who we're scoring against in random clips this season only for Luis Suarez to wheel away celebrating.