Michael Owen

JustMike

Luke Shaw had to endure that terrible "Hey Jude" song at least twice that I heard, plus ongoing "Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke"s. Rodriguez' song was sung once that I heard. There was at least one "Super Kelv" and a "Kelvin give us a wave", there was a "RLSGM" when he scored, a "Morgan Schneiderlin lalalalala", even a "Jose Fonte Baby" at one point. "Puncheon Sh11ts when he wants" got a few outings when he came on, "Adam Lallana" when he took some corners, is this enough yet ?

Aside from that, we sang at least 5 times about Markus Liebherr, and that terrible Cortese song a few times too, plus the equally gash This Is How It Feels hugely overdone with the manager's name too, in amongst all the Skate-baiting, OWTSGMI and WTFILN.

I didn't hear half of those. Plenty of Michael Owen stuff. Still no explanation why. Weird.

I didn't hear half of those. Plenty of Michael Owen stuff. Still no explanation why. Weird.

Because people like lickle Mikey and want to show him that they thought he was good from 1997-2002-ish, I should think. The wife, apparently, used to have his poster on her bedroom wall.

I was hoping for the opportunity to shout "well done, he's thirteen" at him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10065973/Southampton-1-Stoke-City-1-match-report.html

noavatar32.png

rjbevan

Yesterday 01:56 PM

As a Stoke supporter, I will now always have a soft-spot for Southampton after the standing ovation they gave to Michael Owen when he came on to play his last bit of professional football. Well done Southampton!

Personally, I thought the whole Owen thing yesterday was cringe-worthy and borderline-embarrassing. I mean, yeah show respect to him, but signing his name and giving a player who's contributed sweet FA to Saints (and England in the past 9 years) was a bit OTT.

Did he even touch the ball?

Dont like it dont do it but dont moan about others who did , everyone who I have spoken to today seens to think it was a touch of class by us fan s and that had it been at their ground they would of done exactly the same as we did !