ALL TIME favourite Saint.

orchardsaint

Micky Boy holds the title in my mind for best Goal celebration EVER with The Windmill. In my mind it should be made THE mandatory goal celebration. Legendary in The Southampton Way of Goal celebrations!!

Ssshhh! Don't say that - Cortese will ban it!

Wasn't old enough to really remember seeing Le Tiss play unfortunately. Saw him many times but would have been too young to remember it. Pahars or Beattie for me. Probably go for Pahars. Had him on the back of my shirt most years until I was 13/14.

Bar the obvious LeTissier and Benali I would have to say Ruddock was funny and a laugh to watch but also a good player.

Benali was a crap player

Other than putting in 100% and getting sent off a great deal. He was poor

No way would he had been a prem player if he moved from saints

Odd taste in player

Benali was a crap player

Other than putting in 100% and getting sent off a great deal. He was poor

No way would he had been a prem player if he moved from saints

Odd taste in player

Maybe so, its better than having an odd taste in men in leather outfits....................

Tough decision but for me it's Steve Moran. Keegan was my hero as a kid and the one who got me into Saints in the first place (so thanks KK for all the heartache/good times). Moran however was always the one I was pretending to be when I was kid (doing my own commentary* as I waltzed past my younger brother and scored).

*hopefully EVERYONE used to do this :-)

Chicken George was great entertainment because he was so unpredictable ! He used to get slaughtered by the crowd then go on a jinking run down the wing and set a goal up...! Steve Moran and Williams are defo up there with MLT in my best tho.

MLT hands down, if you wiki Mick Channon there's a dirty little blot on his cv that I cannot see MLT ever letting happen..."Channon joined Portsmouth"...

To be fair, Channon promptly told the Pompey faithful that their club was years behind Southampton in terms of professionalism and ability.

Phil Boyer and Ossie in the mid seventies with Jimmy Steele and Nick Holmes plus Mick Channon. What a mix of characters who made that era so memorable!

Clearly an age thing but I think we all love Sir Rickie for the impact over the past 4 years and putting us back where we belong.

So many great characters in the 60's 70's 80's and 90's that they all blur and I'd probably get the years wrong if I tried to put them in order but since then only SRL really stands out for me. Not saying we haven't had some other very good players, but for me, no-one else really has had the 'x' factor where you get that feeling that something special is going to happen when they get the ball.

Over the 45 years I've been going to Saints games though, MLT was the one player I always hoped to see on the team sheet.

So many great characters in the 60's 70's 80's and 90's that they all blur and I'd probably get the years wrong if I tried to put them in order but since then only SRL really stands out for me. Not saying we haven't had some other very good players, but for me, no-one else really has had the 'x' factor where you get that feeling that something special is going to happen when they get the ball.

Over the 45 years I've been going to Saints games though, MLT was the one player I always hoped to see on the team sheet.

Very difficult but has to be Matt Le Tiss, closely followed by Micky Channon, Alan Ball, Ricky Lambert, Stevie Williams, Steve Moran, Micheal Svensson and Nicky Holmes. So many over the seasons, and then of course Peter Osgood, what a player!