Mayuka Going To Sochaux on Loan (Confirmed)

Glasgow_Saint

I will get stick for this but I still maintain punch could have been a huge part of this team he offered something different can't believe we loaned him and kept some of the dead wood here

"Personal reasons". Even on Soccer AM a few weeks back he was saying how much he loved it at Saints.

That should be November's Sochaux player of the month.

It's Sochaux, any player who wins a tackle or has a shot on goal is as likely as not to win player of the month there. A truly awful outfit, no money, no players, no idea. Mayuka would get better experience in the NPC but that would cause work permt problems I think. That's the trouble with these lads with work permits, you can't loan them out in the UK without getting a new permit for the loan (unless the rules have been modified of late).

Wel done mayuka. Might be good to get him back in summer if he continues to play well.

he doesn't play well most of the time, you cannot imagine just how bad Sochaux really are. They've won 1 game (out of 17) this season, 5 draws 11 defeats. They've scored 13 goals and conceded 37. Winning player of the month at Sochaux is a non-achievement.

he doesn't play well most of the time, you cannot imagine just how bad Sochaux really are. They've won 1 game (out of 17) this season, 5 draws 11 defeats. They've scored 13 goals and conceded 37. Winning player of the month at Sochaux is a non-achievement.

Are you watching him play or extrapolating things from the truly dreadful team he's in?

Are you watching him play or extrapolating things from the truly dreadful team he's in?

well I don't watch every minute of every Sochaux game that's for sure but I've seen them a couple of times lately, when they got spanked by PSG last week and against Bastia, Mayuka really is just a non entity in a team of non-entities. He does absolutely feck all most of the time, Ligue 1 is of an incredibly poor standard this season apart from Qatar and NoTax Haven Fcs of course.You only have to look at results like Marseille and Lyon in the CL and Nice,St Etienne and Bordeaux in the Europa League to know that. Even PSG without their Italo-Brazilian-Swedish contingent got hammered by Benfica in the CL last night. French domestic football is a joke, only Matuidi (PSG) and Valbuena (Marseille) of the national side play in France because of the ridiculously high "social charges" drawn from every salaried employment. Bog standard french clubs just cannot afford good players any more.

well I don't watch every minute of every Sochaux game that's for sure but I've seen them a couple of times lately, when they got spanked by PSG last week and against Bastia, Mayuka really is just a non entity in a team of non-entities. He does absolutely feck all most of the time, Ligue 1 is of an incredibly poor standard this season apart from Qatar and NoTax Haven Fcs of course.You only have to look at results like Marseille and Lyon in the CL and Nice,St Etienne and Bordeaux in the Europa League to know that. Even PSG without their Italo-Brazilian-Swedish contingent got hammered by Benfica in the CL last night. French domestic football is a joke, only Matuidi (PSG) and Valbuena (Marseille) of the national side play in France because of the ridiculously high "social charges" drawn from every salaried employment. Bog standard french clubs just cannot afford good players any more.

Interesting - on this view, do you think some of the players with whom we've been linked (Rennes/St. Etienne) would cut it for us and in the Prem?

Interesting - on this view, do you think some of the players with whom we've been linked (Rennes/St. Etienne) would cut it for us and in the Prem?

if we're talking about Ghoulam and Hamouma from St Etienne they might well be OK in the PL after a suitable period of adaptation because the basics are still infused at StE, if we're talking about crap like Pïtroipa then certainly not. What you need to avoid when signing players from France are those who do not have EU nationality because if they take longer than a certain while to adapt you can't loan them out to the NPC to get realistic UK experience because of work permit regulations. Mayuka would have been much better off in the NPC, same as T Lee but it can't happen very easily..

Edited by Window Cleaner