Mopo "We are targeting the Europa League"

Glasgow_Saint

Whey hey!!

We've travelled back in time to the beginning of October, cheers Glasgow hopefully I can now, at the third time of asking, erase the pain of stuffing up the 16th hole at the Society end of season golf competition 2 days running by sinking the putt instead of having a personal implosion and making a right pigs ear of it.

I predict a 2-0 win for Saints v Swansea by the way.

I

I think MP would like Saints to qualify, but wouldn't want to manage in it himself. I think he wants a CL club soon, which is fair enough, and I think he'll have a good chance of getting one in the summer.

Can't quite see where that would be though, still plenty of below the radar candidates I suppose, would be a step down for him

though, he'd have to be really desperate for CL football to do that . Only place that I could really see him at would be Sociedad but they're not in a CL position right now, can't see them getting into one either.

He is probably saying it to wind up the FA Cup whingers.

He's saying it to wind up the trolls who think our only objective is staying in the league.

Now, what chucklesome comedy troll laugh-machine could I be thinking of?

Edited by CB Fry

His recent comments (backtrack) just make the FA cup decision(s) more annoying. We could have been 3 games from Europa, now we are 12!?

Big backtrack from this......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2444164/Mauricio-Pochettino-Forget-Europa-League-Southampton-want-Champions-League.html

Not a back track though is it? If Jose. Mourinho said he wasn't interested in 2nd place would you assume he wanted to avoid it by finishing 3rd or 4th?

The arrogance of some saints fans, like we were guaranteed to win the fa cup if we'd beaten Sunderland.

No-one I have seen on this forum has posted anything remotely close to saying that. You've made quite a leap from people saying they were disappointed we didn't play our strongest side to thinking people are saying we were guaranteed to win it.

I'm disappointed every time we lose, but there aren't multiple threads on it. So why this one? And why talk about being 3 games from Europa league?

Probably because we could have been. There's also multiple threads on it because it was the only thing we could likely win this season and people see it as a missed opportunity, for a number of reasons.