Eurovision lovelies

Whitey Grandad

I was on the point of not watching Eurovision tonight as I'd done also with BGT. Last year was the absolute limit is utter tripe. Would have been a huge mistake. Finally after years of corruption, pathetic songs and singers winning by the fixed voting system, The organisers, and this years hosts Denmark, have put some credibility back into the contest. The new voting and results systems made this a truly exciting finale to the program where we were privileged to a better than average string of songs and performers.

The secrecy of the new format was for each country's panel vote, to vote after the 2 semi finals last night and their vote count be held till after each country's popular vote tonight. It gave a very different picture and did a lot to put a stop to cross border, buddy buddy voting that was obviously influenced as the results were read out. Still more to do but a big improvement.

And the winner.............a beautiful voiced cross dresser with a beard but strong political beliefs that he/she wasn't afraid to voice on receiving the prize.

Thought it was a fair result, she gave the best performance and I totally got the Bond Theme comparisons

However I thought it was somewhat ironic when she said "that you can achieve anything by just being yourself and believing in yourself", when she's had to create a gimmick persona to achieve the success she's had.

Thought it was a fair result, she gave the best performance and I totally got the Bond Theme comparisons

However I thought it was somewhat ironic when she said "that you can achieve anything by just being yourself and believing in yourself", when she's had to create a gimmick persona to achieve the success she's had.

I thought it was a gimmick. If only the French had been more adventurous and gone for a full set instead of just a moustache.

Very surprised the poles didn't get more votes, ( and the best song came second ).

I liked the Dutch song, I can see that being a hit in North America. I also liked the Maltese entry.

Oh, and through all the booing they encountered, I'd like to console the 17 year old Russian Twins...

Oh, and through all the booing they encountered, I'd like to console the 17 year old Russian Twins...

Give the political undercurrent, my wife wondered how they got as many votes as they did. I reminded her they were 17 year old twins....then ducked.

Winning last nght's Eurovision was no fluke for the Austrian cross dresser. As himself Tom Neuwirth he's been dazzlng Juries and Audiences for the past 5 years. It is beyond me to know why he abandoned performing as a man. Firstly he sings better as a man and certainly isn't bad looking.

I found this playlist of Tom's recordings performed "LIVE".

It begins with his rendition of "Show Must Go On"

[video=youtube;QEfaE-adwVU]

As Tom he gives Shirley Bassey a run with Goldfinger. Stunning performance

Catch his early Conchina Wurst performance of "My Heart Will Go On" before an Austrian jury. He totally blows away the jury and audience