Saint Charlie

Lower League Clogger - one paced & reliant upon penalties

Rickie-Lambert-001.jpg

OR

Scouser turned Saint - best since Tiss

RickieLambert_2815059.jpg

Saints Apps: 207

Saints Goals: 106

Best Saints Moment: Scoring with virtually his first kick in the PL at City.

Worst Saints Moment: Being paired with Billy Sharp in Saints' slowest post-war striker pairing*

*Source: All the Saints

Edited by Saint Charlie

Really?

Legend for me. But often when players and managers leave their abilities become downgraded to save face.

Also, didnt like how he only ever said "made up" in his interviews. Vocab was poor to say the least. The prematch chats between Rickie and Chung would have been great to witness.

Put a smile on my face, nice to see a thread that isn't doom and gloom depression.

Definitely a legend who now, past his best has been put out to pasture for a few easy years before he'd shipped off to the glue factory.

Second only to Le Tiss for me in the Legends in my lifetime category.

A mutually beneficial relationship.

He helped us get back to the Prem. We helped him end his career at his boyhood club and he left in a respectful way.

Will always be welcome back.

Yep - He was our talisman who did more than most on the pitch to get us back to the Prem.

Will aways love the guy..

His penalties were good but would have been nice to see a bit more variety in the technique, maybe the odd stuttered run up or chipped shot.

Was a bit predictable at times, amble up, smash it in the bottom corner, grin at the fans and give Lallana a piggy back.

His penalties were good but would have been nice to see a bit more variety in the technique, maybe the odd stuttered run up or chipped shot.

Was a bit predictable at times, amble up, smash it in the bottom corner, grin at the fans and give Lallana a piggy back.

Would you rather he missed some?

I bumped into Rickie yesterday. He is here in Barbados with his family. I thanked him on behalf of all us Saints fans for his time at Saints. On the World Cup he said he was absolutely gutted that we went out in the group stage. I didn't want to have a long and protracted conversation with him as was with his kids.

I should have done but his kids were there and to be honest when you bump into someone in that sort of situation probably the last thing they want is to spill the beans etc.! I just thought say what I feel and get out of there.

That made me chuckle. Cheers.