Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

Not at the moment.

Rojo was from Goal.com which is a worse source than Alex Crook.

Ings is mostly hype on here.

Redmond maybe but nothing concrete.

Better hope that we are just being very good at keeping the majority of our dealings on the d-low.

Or hope that a lot of the strengthening doesn't come direct from the academy.

From the old topic, but still wanted to reply on it.

I'm happy we have some friends that like to help 'us', but something tells me Feyenoord isn't going to help you guys develop your players. ;)

Feyenoord's youth system is probably one of the best in Europe (top 10 at least). I don't think it would be an added value for us to get some english

Actually, Feyenoord is one of the most financially healthy clubs in holland since we sold some players this summer. No we're not going to buy expensive players, the team rather tries do develop its own players. Although it will probably take another year or 2 to get back to full strength after this transfer window.

Fair comment and I obviously dont know the whole picture. Was just searching through my mind and you have been taking on loans the last 2-3 seasons like Guidetti, Bakkal, Armenteros (I think was on loan) so that´s what made me have a thought about it.

True, the financial situation will be better from sales this summer but aren´t your squad still pretty thin with probably another 2-3 departures since you´re also guaranteed to playing at least in Europa League?

(or is it also a EL-qualification if you lose to Besiktas??)

From the old topic, but still wanted to reply on it.

I'm happy we have some friends that like to help 'us', but something tells me Feyenoord isn't going to help you guys develop your players. ;)

Feyenoord's youth system is probably one of the best in Europe (top 10 at least). I don't think it would be an added value for us to get some english

Actually, Feyenoord is one of the most financially healthy clubs in holland since we sold some players this summer. No we're not going to buy expensive players, the team rather tries do develop its own players. Although it will probably take another year or 2 to get back to full strength after this transfer window.

I like that. We do as well, but with the pillaging of our squad (like yours) I am not sure that you can do that in the PL in such a short time. The greatest thing for me last season was to have so many English players on the pitch and that they were (for the most part) very young. In some games we played 5 teenagers. I would love that to happen next season, but only if they were competitive, or rather, the team could accommodate them, but I am not sure that that is going to be possible. Time will tell. Pochettino had a great brief - I seem to recall that someone on the board (cannot for the life of me remember who it was) said that the plan was for the manager to bring through youth, which sometimes was going to work and sometimes wasn't. What a brilliant hand that is for a manager (of the coaching variety) to be dealt.

As for friends helping out....while it might not be applicable now, I do think that certain clubs outside of the big boys should have an "understanding" and try and work together. Obviously the lure of the PL is pretty damned strong what with the wages we can offer, even Southampton vs. some league champions/runners up, but I really do think that there is some mutual benefit to be had.

And an excellent reply it is. Serious question and not meant to **** you off but how does your youth system rank against Ajax?

Ajax is 'our' big rival, but unlike a lot of other fans, I don't hate them or anything like that. I just want to see a nice game of football with, hopefully, Feyenoord at the winning end.

Feyenoords youth academy has won the Rinus Michels award 5 years in a row (awarded to the best youth academy of the land). Ajax' youth system is really good aswell, they had their speedbumps the last couple of years that led to less players making the first team, but it appears they're on the right track again with some really good talents on the verge of making their debut (Nouri comes to mind, a player that will probably become worldclass). I guess both academies are really close in quality atm.

@Olallana. Yeah, we will have a hard time against Besiktas. Especially seeing they're spending millions to strengthening their squad (Demba Ba). But I guess it's just something we will have to live with, even if that means playing EL. Martins Indi and De Vrij (if he leaves) can easily be replaced with decent youth players (Kongolo/Van Beek). Janmaat and Pellè are a lot harder to replace. Especially Pellè will be missed, we deffo need to get a replacement for him.

@Angelman. Watching your team perform really well with mostly homegrown players is awesome. But as you say, the lads have to ready for it. You can't just throw in youngsters just to play youngsters. But if they're good enough, they're old enough. Luckily Koeman is a coach that dares to put these kids in the field. Although he didn't have a choice the last couple of seasons seeing there wasn't enough money to buy anyone anyway. I'm anxious to see what he's going to do at a club that does have money.

ps. Can only post 3 posts a day, so can't reply to everyone. ;)

Left back Robertson who we were linked with is signing for Hull for £2.3m.

They are really putting a decent squad together. Top 10 if they cope with Europe League, but thats a big ask.

They already had Livermore.....so they have signed Snoddgrass and Ince, pretty much two "meh-players" and now a upcoming youngster who nobody knows if he´s ready to make in immediate impact...?

Personally, I´m not overly impressed...

They already had Livermore.....so they have signed Snoddgrass and Ince, pretty much two "meh-players" and now a upcoming youngster who nobody knows if he´s ready to make in immediate impact...?

Personally, I´m not overly impressed...

Snodgrass and Ince are fairly solid, certainly better than Isgrove and McQueen. Would hope Tadic is better than both but he is our only wide option that is.

They also did some decent business last January but because they couldnt play in the Cup run Jelavic and Long didnt really get going.

Think they have built well since they came up, and Bruce is a solid Manager.

They are really putting a decent squad together. Top 10 if they cope with Europe League, but thats a big ask.

Which Hull players would you want in the current Saints best XI? There was a large gulf in quality between the sides last season, even with no Lambert/Lallana/Shaw I don't think they've overtaken us with their signings this summer.

Snodgrass and Ince are fairly solid, certainly better than Isgrove and McQueen. Would hope Tadic is better than both but he is our only wide option that is.

They also did some decent business last January but because they couldnt play in the Cup run Jelavic and Long didnt really get going.

Think they have built well since they came up, and Bruce is a solid Manager.

Fair opinion even if I dont share it, except that Bruce is making a great job there.

Which Hull players would you want in the current Saints best XI? There was a large gulf in quality between the sides last season, even with no Lambert/Lallana/Shaw I don't think they've overtaken us with their signings this summer.

How did we get on against them without Shaw, Lallana and Lambert last season? We haven't ever shown that we could win games without them.

How did we get on against them without Shaw, Lallana and Lambert last season? We haven't ever shown that we could win games without them.

Do you apply that "logic" the other way? How did Hull get on against us in 2013/14 with their summer 2014 signings?

I'll ask you as well.. .Which Hull players would you want in the current Saints best XI?

I didnt compare Hull to Saints. Just said they are building a decent side. Which they are.

If true, why would Fonte turn down a 2 year deal in favour of a move to Cardiff? Unless he believes he'll drop down the pecking order of CBs here and won't be first choice.

Certainly something funny with the Fonte situation. Still no first teamers to commit themselves since Cortese left. (Note this is a fact rather than any kind of dig).

I didnt compare Hull to Saints. Just said they are building a decent side. Which they are.

Umm, what about here...?

Quite a few teams that were in and around us are developing far stronger squads than we have, substantially so. Newcastle, Stoke and Hull as examples. All set to improve to being likely to finish ahead of us I would expect.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?50899-Other-Team-s-Transfers&p=1997973#post1997973

So I'll ask again... Which Hull, Stoke and Newcastle players would you want in the current Saints best XI?

Edited by Matthew Le God

Do you apply that "logic" the other way? How did Hull get on against us in 2013/14 with their summer 2014 signings?

I'll ask you as well.. .Which Hull players would you want in the current Saints best XI?

You wouldn't apply "logic" that way around becuase it doesn't make sense.

What I do know is that we have always struggled to win games with key players missing and I wouldn't have bet on us getting two results last season without them in the side.

You wouldn't apply "logic" that way around becuase it doesn't make sense.

The point I was making is that it doesn't make sense either way round.

What I do know is that we have always struggled to win games with key players missing and I wouldn't have bet on us getting two results last season without them in the side.

Why are you so quick to dismiss Tadic and Pelle being effective against Hull?

If true, why would Fonte turn down a 2 year deal in favour of a move to Cardiff? Unless he believes he'll drop down the pecking order of CBs here and won't be first choice.

Why would he think that when the positions are weakening, not strengthening? Wasn't there talk about us wanting him as Captain next season?

This is one we may regret missing out on.

Although we are currently meant to be aiming 'higher' with Rojo, I hope we don't end up with him rejecting the move and us missing out on good alternatives after chasing shadows for weeks on end.

The point I was making is that it doesn't make sense either way round.

Why are you so quick to dismiss Tadic and Pelle being effective against Hull?

Because I haven't seen them play that much. Anyway, by your reasoning I wouldn't be able to speculate on how they would fare against Hull.

This is one we may regret missing out on.

Although we are currently meant to be aiming 'higher' with Rojo, I hope we don't end up with him rejecting the move and us missing out on good alternatives after chasing shadows for weeks on end.

Only proper link to Rojo was on the notoriously **** goal.com so wouldnt take much notice of that unless its reported anywhere else.

That was a few days ago. Seeing as you asked:

Begovic

Shawcross

Curtis Davies

Colocinni

Janmaat

Tiote

Huddlestone

De Jong

Sissoko

Cabella

Shane Long

Theres 11 players who would all be firmly in and around our starting lineup.

So you've listed...

2 Stoke players

6 Newcastle players

3 Hull players

If only 2 Stoke and 3 Hull players would make our best XI, how do you propose they are better than us? When 8 or 9 of the other players would be Saints players.

Also I'd question quite a few in your list. For example...

- Tiote and Huddlestone over Schneiderlin and Wanyama?

- De Jong over Tadic?

- Long over Pelle?

- Janmaat over Chambers and Clyne?

- If you have Shawcross and Davies they may be better than Fonte, but they aren't better than Lovren.

Edited by Matthew Le God

So you've listed...

2 Stoke players

6 Newcastle players

3 Hull players

If only 2 Stoke and 3 Hull players would make our best XI, how do you propose they are better than us?

Also I'd question quite a few in your list. For example...

- Tiote and Huddlestone over Schneiderlin and Wanyama?

- De Jong over Tadic?

- Long over Pelle?

- Janmaat over Chambers and Clyne?

Give it a rest pal. I just said Hull are doing ok. Nobody wants to read all this drivel.

I think MLG forgets how bad we have been missing the likes of Lovren, Lallana, Shaw and Lambert. I won't even include Morgan in that. We have loads of strengthening to do. Tadic looks decent and a good buy but one we should have been looking at regardless, let alone as a replacement. Pelle is a gamble.

Only proper link to Rojo was on the notoriously **** goal.com so wouldnt take much notice of that unless its reported anywhere else.

I think it was also reported in the equally unreliable Express .It does seem a little 'ambitious' and an unlikely move, less likely to come off. All of which makes you wonder what or who we are planning for LB, and why it is dragging. Kolowhatshisname, or Robertson seemed far more likely signings to me.

Of course there is the 'see what Targett can do' school of thought, but the Premiership is a tall order for him, and best will in the world, RK may not be able to make the judgement in the friendlies we are playing. I hope we're not scratching around for a LB in late August.

If its negative rubbish to say Hull are building a tidy little team then you have me bang to rights. Apologies if I offended you.

You didn't just say that though, you said Hull were "developing a far stronger squad than us, substantially so".

And then when asked to list players they have that would get into our starting XI, you could only mange 2 out of 11. So 9 of the players in a combined XI would be Saints players, how does that make Hull better than us?

You didn't just say that though, you said Hull were "developing a far stronger squad than us, substantially so".

And then when asked to list players they have that would get into our starting XI, you could only mange 2 out of 11. So 9 of the players in a combined XI would be Saints players, how does that make Hull better than us?

Did I say say squad or starting XI?

I said squad.

So why ask about starting XIs when I didnt even say that?

Think on the face of it, based on the information we have, it should have been sorted long ago. Something doesn't quite add up, it is a strange one.

He semed happy enough in the OS interview a couple of days sgo. Surely we dont pay so badly even Cardiff offer more?