Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

Chambers isn't good enough for Arsenal.

Not right now perhaps not for the PL and CL group stages but for the Cups and the qualifying games then just perhaps. They have Debuchy, he'll do the lions share of the season but they need back up and it ain't Jenkinson, plus Arsene sees strange things in players.They wanted Aurier, he didn't want to be second violin because Debuchy was a done deal

a while ago. That said I still don't believe it though.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Chambers isn't good enough for Arsenal.

I'm having fun with the twitterers! Apparently the deal was done yesterday, medical today and he won't be playing tonight. Arsenal fan ITKGiles is in Spain so can't confirm yet, but Mike and Dan seem pretty certain;)

Well Chambers did look like he was f**king about on the pitch at Swindon and made some good moves and was over cockey, however, he also made a few schoolboy errors and looked like he couldn't give one.

I am deeply concerned, but, I know Koeman wouldn't have taken the job on without knowing what was coming and without any certain signings, so I have my faith in him, he isn't a fool, and has worn the t shirt well. But I wish he would just hurry up and get things sorted with his fat wallet and get some new recruits in, or we will be relegated by Xmas.

Well Chambers did look like he was f**king about on the pitch at Swindon and made some good moves and was over cockey, however, he also made a few schoolboy errors and looked like he couldn't give one.

I am deeply concerned, but, I know Koeman wouldn't have taken the job on without knowing what was coming and without any certain signings, so I have my faith in him, he isn't a fool, and has worn the t shirt well. But I wish he would just hurry up and get things sorted with his fat wallet and get some new recruits in, or we will be relegated by Xmas.

Why would Koeman not just take the job for the money? He'd already quit at Feyenoord and needed a job.

Why are people getting concerned about the tweet of a random Arsenal fan?

It is probably more an expression of confidence and faith in 'the board', CEO and Les Reed in particular, and their handling of things than taking a random tweet as gospel.

If Chambers is going there would be no purpose in Koeman playing him tonight but whether or not this rumour is true, Clyne is our first choice at RB so Chambers wouldn't be a major loss as long as the fee is used to strengthen the team.

Why would Koeman not just take the job for the money? He'd already quit at Feyenoord and needed a job.

I highly doubt he would have been on the bread line if he had waited a while for a job.

Christ your relentless pessimistic cynicism is tiresome.

Why would he take the job just for the money? If he is an utter failure it is hardly going to boost his career prospects, or potential earning power in the future. Though, given your hit rate it's actually reassuring to see you posting things like this.

If Chambers is going there would be no purpose in Koeman playing him tonight but whether or not this rumour is true, Clyne is our first choice at RB so Chambers wouldn't be a major loss as long as the fee is used to strengthen the team.

Chambers was chosen at right back ahead of Clyne in plenty of matches last season. Though that was under a different manager and is pretty much irrelevant anyway - what is relevant is that without Chambers, Clyne couldn't cover left back.

Not that this rumour has any substance anyway...

Ignoring the context here, it's an interesting one about picking a player when being sold, I'm still bewildered that Borini played for Liverpool yesterday (and got injured) with a £14m bid from Sunderland on the table and Borini clearly having no future at Liverpool.

ok, you clearly dont bother to look up players...

I looked him up back in January thinking poch might try and get him. He played CB a lot for Sporting Lisbon, bit of a bonus he is very capable of both roles for anyone who buys him

PS. Anyone can write in Wikipedia, not reliable for players who aren't really well known.

Ignoring the context here, it's an interesting one about picking a player when being sold, I'm still bewildered that Borini played for Liverpool yesterday (and got injured) with a £14m bid from Sunderland on the table and Borini clearly having no future at Liverpool.

Bit like Sharp playing pre-season games for us just without the 14M bid.

Although, I'm not sure that Sharp won't be needed or used next season at this rate.

I highly doubt he would have been on the bread line if he had waited a while for a job.

Christ your relentless pessimistic cynicism is tiresome.

Why would he take the job just for the money? If he is an utter failure it is hardly going to boost his career prospects, or potential earning power in the future. Though, given your hit rate it's actually reassuring to see you posting things like this.

He fancied a stab at the PL, we had a job to give him that chance, he thinks he'll be successful no doubt. He no doubt believes that it's as easy as the Dutch league. He was an unmitigated disaster at Valencia and so so at Benfica. Nothing against the bloke because I know sod all about him. Seems to be OK to say that MP took the Spurs job for the money and that he'll no doubt be sacked by Xmas but when you question Koeman's credentials you're an idiot. I can live with that

He fancied a stab at the PL, we had a job to give him that chance, he thinks he'll be successful no doubt. He no doubt believes that it's as easy as the Dutch league. He was an unmitigated disater at Valencia and so so at Benfica. Nothing against the bloke because I know sod all about him. Seems to be OK to say that MP took the Spurs job for the money and that he'll no doubt be sacked by Xmas but when you question Koeman's credentials you're an idiot. I can live with that

Most laughable thing is people claiming that he is an upgrade on Poch when he has a mixed record, unproven in the prem and has more of a reputation as a player than a manager.

He fancied a stab at the PL, we had a job to give him that chance, he thinks he'll be successful no doubt. He no doubt believes that it's as easy as the Dutch league. He was an unmitigated disater at Valencia and so so at Benfica. Nothing against the bloke because I know sod all about him. Seems to be OK to say that MP took the Spurs job for the money and that he'll no doubt be sacked by Xmas but when you question Koeman's credentials you're an idiot. I can live with that

Although in the league with Valencia he wasn't great (and there were mitigating circumstances) he did win the Spanish Cup so hardly a complete disaster. With Benifca although he came 3rd, he made the Champions League quarter final for the 2nd time in his management career.

Most laughable thing is people claiming that he is an upgrade on Poch when he has a mixed record, unproven in the prem and has more of a reputation as a player than a manager.

He has a more impressive CV than any previous Southampton manager in our entire history. Including 3 Dutch league wins, the Spanish Cup and taking two teams to the quarter finals of the Champions League.

Just for the record, Clyne AND Chambers featured in the same match for Saints in 9 matches last season: W1 D4 L4 - Clyne and Chambers replaced each other in 5 of those, and in 4 one of them replaced Shaw and they were on the pitch at the same time.

So Clyne covered left back 4 times last season - but there's no Shaw and no replacement yet.

This nonsense again.

We don't need the additional money at the moment - we need players. I doubt we have a problem affording our targets, it's persuading them to sign.

He has a more impressive managerial CV than any previous Southampton manager in our entire history. Including taking two teams to the quarter finals of the Champions League.

But not good enough to get a better job than Saints at this stage of his career?

Bit like Sharp playing pre-season games for us just without the 14M bid.

Although, I'm not sure that Sharp won't be needed or used next season at this rate.

Well, no, as we've never shown any inclination to sell Sharp. I would think his AM and sub position pre-season so far suggests he won't be starting.

But not good enough to get a better job than Saints at this stage of his career?

Top 8 Premier League side with an excellent academy - what's not to like? A lot of top modern managers have tried their luck in the Prem on one occasion or other. And Tim Sherwood.

Top 8 Premier League side with an excellent academy - what's not to like? A lot of top modern managers have tried their luck in the Prem on one occasion or other. And Tim Sherwood.

All the players which made 8th a possibility being sold off?

Why are people getting concerned about the tweet of a random Arsenal fan?

If a random Arsenal fan said something positive about us you'd be all over it.

Edited by Appy

Thought we tried to sell him to Celtic or something and then something went tits up and he wasn't pleased about it.

News to me. There was this ONE comment when Sharp, having been told to look elsewhere by Pochettino, was quoted saying he'd like to play for Celtic, and a few articles after that spun from a Celtic perspective, but nothing suggesting an offer: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/331546/Southampton-striker-Billy-Sharp-attracted-to-Celtic-s-big-European-nights

Oh you can easily see why he'd fancy the job. We'll just have to see how he gets on with it that's all. The board don't seem to be making it easy for him though. He was quite clear in his interview a couple of weeks back. Shaw,Lambert,Lallana well he was told they were going at his first meeting with Reed, he accepted that. He seems to be of the persuasion that he gets to choose who stays after that although he admits at the end of the day it's up to the board. Yet it was known that Lovren had asked for a transfer and that Morgan had little intention of staying although he was diplomatic enough to say we"ll see (but if my conditions are met which he knew they wouldn't be).

News to me. There was this ONE comment when Sharp, having been told to look elsewhere by Pochettino, was quoted saying he'd like to play for Celtic, and a few articles after that spun from a Celtic perspective, but nothing suggesting an offer: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/331546/Southampton-striker-Billy-Sharp-attracted-to-Celtic-s-big-European-nights

If you say so then but I seem to remember Glasgow making a bit of a song and dance over it at the time. Then again it was Glasgow Saint.

"I'm not interested in facts, I find they tend to cloud my judgement."

Well the fact is that MLG claims that Koeman has the best pedigree of any manager we have ever appointed. On that basis, it's a fair enough question to ask....why Saints? If Champions League quality players don't want to play for us, why would a Champions League quality manager.

Koeman looks a good appointment considering the options available but some of the comments about his appointment have been a little OTT.

Don't shoot the messenger, but Dave who hangs round the park's uncle's cousin, who once went to London a few years back and met Brian who lives less than 12 miles from Wenger's gaff said he'd been told that Boruc, Davis, Cork and Fonte were all in a black hack heading to the Emirates.

Oh and some random on twitter said Chambers has had a medical at Arsenal.

Don't shoot the messenger, but Dave who hangs round the park's uncle's cousin, who once went to London a few years back and met Brian who lives less than 12 miles from Wenger's gaff said he'd been told that Boruc, Davis, Cork and Fonte were all in a black hack heading to the Emirates.

Oh and some random on twitter said Chambers has had a medical at Arsenal.

Now you're getting the hang of it. Just don't post any 70's hotties.

He has a more impressive CV than any previous Southampton manager in our entire history. Including 3 Dutch league wins, the Spanish Cup and taking two teams to the quarter finals of the Champions League.

Just need you to cite his win ratio to complete your missing-the-woods-through-the-trees routine.

Of the players of his generation, he was born with the managerial silver spoon in his mouth -hence his decent CV. Had he made the most of the lavish opportunities handed to him, he would have been managing Barca or one of the giants by now. As it is, he's flattered to deceive and is managing us.

Well the fact is that MLG claims that Koeman has the best pedigree of any manager we have ever appointed.

He has a more impressive CV than any previous Southampton manager in our entire history.

It's impossible to know before a competitive ball has been kicked how effective he will be or his comparative pedigree to what went before, but looking only at a managers track record before they joined Saints, it can not be argued that he has the best CV - as a player and manager.

Why Saints? Well, what other top 8 premier league jobs were available this summer? Apart from United, who got Van Gaal in early doors. That could be part of the reason - we were simply the most attractive top flight proposition available, looking at it from the most basic level.

He fancied a stab at the PL, we had a job to give him that chance, he thinks he'll be successful no doubt. He no doubt believes that it's as easy as the Dutch league. He was an unmitigated disaster at Valencia and so so at Benfica. Nothing against the bloke because I know sod all about him. Seems to be OK to say that MP took the Spurs job for the money and that he'll no doubt be sacked by Xmas but when you question Koeman's credentials you're an idiot. I can live with that

Fancying a stab at the PL is a legitimate reason to take a job, I'd say. I don't know what his salary was in Holland or what he is on now, but yeah at a guess he is probably on more here. I don't think that necessarily means he is coming here for the money. The PL is more high profile and of a more competitive standard than the Eredivisie. That is one plausible reason.

As you have mentioned, his record outside of Holland is mixed. The Saints job could be a chance to set that straight. Heck, maybe if it goes well it could be a chance to move on to a 'bigger club', I'm under no illusion he is here for some deep seated love of Saints.

Who has been saying MP took the Spurs job for the money? Again, it may have been a factor. But like it or not they are a bigger club (I don't really like that phrase, but it is true in this case) and have a much more realistic chance of winning things qualifying for the CL that us. I don't like that really, but it's true.

You aren't questioning Koeman's credentials, you were implying he was here for the money as he was out of a job.

I'm not calling you an idiot, I don't think you are. I'm just saying that your hit rate hasn't been great of late.

Stoke finishing above us - no.

Their strikers being better than ours - Crouch scored less than Jrod, Lambert & Lallana.

Shaw is not good enough - voted best LB in the league by his fellow pro's.

No players will be sold by Saints for over £20m - well..

Just need you to cite his win ratio to complete your missing-the-woods-through-the-trees routine.

Of the players of his generation, he was born with the managerial silver spoon in his mouth -hence his decent CV. Had he made the most of the lavish opportunities handed to him, he would have been managing Barca or one of the giants by now. As it is, he's flattered to deceive and is managing us.

I didn't say he was the best manager ever, just that he has a more impressive CV than any of our previous managers at the time of their appointment.

If not Koeman, then which former Saints manager in our 129 year history has a better managerial CV?

Fancying a stab at the PL is a legitimate reason to take a job, I'd say. I don't know what his salary was in Holland or what he is on now, but yeah at a guess he is probably on more here. I don't think that necessarily means he is coming here for the money. The PL is more high profile and of a more competitive standard than the Eredivisie. That is one plausible reason.

As you have mentioned, his record outside of Holland is mixed. The Saints job could be a chance to set that straight. Heck, maybe if it goes well it could be a chance to move on to a 'bigger club', I'm under no illusion he is here for some deep seated love of Saints.

Who has been saying MP took the Spurs job for the money? Again, it may have been a factor. But like it or not they are a bigger club (I don't really like that phrase, but it is true in this case) and have a much more realistic chance of winning things qualifying for the CL that us. I don't like that really, but it's true.

You aren't questioning Koeman's credentials, you were implying he was here for the money as he was out of a job.

I'm not calling you an idiot, I don't think you are. I'm just saying that your hit rate hasn't been great of late.

Stoke finishing above us - no.

Their strikers being better than ours - Crouch scored less than Jrod, Lambert & Lallana.

Shaw is not good enough - voted best LB in the league by his fellow pro's.

No players will be sold by Saints for over £20m - well..

When you put it all down in black and white like that it seems that WC talks rot. Who knew.

You could have said all that about Pochettino. Based on RK's actual record he is an upgrade but only time and results can confirm that.