Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

I heard that and my ears *****ed up too! We now need 2/3 marquee signings, not 1, 2 or 3. We've pocketed an insane amount of money, so now we can reinvest it. If we don't, then we've clearly got some insanely bad financial issues. The £18m or so we've spent so far isn't even touching what we've received in transfer fees.

Marcus Alonso/Rojos ?

Utter ****take if true, IMO.

@alex_crook: Am told #afc have offered Gnabry and Jenkinson to #saintsfc on loan as part of the Chambers deal

Jenkinson would be good backup to Clyne, and Gnabry is decent enough. Not sure what's wrong with that?

£16m, and 2 similar level players on loan.

No, of course not. Not on our exchange about Waynyama the other day, or your pis s weak psycho - analysis of me being bullied at school or some nonsense or you desperately trawling for posts on this forum where you think I've been precious. No, no evidence whatsoever.

Lol, trawling for your posts. I don't think we would need to go far for the precious bit.

Jenkinson would be good backup to Clyne, and Gnabry is decent enough. Not sure what's wrong with that?

£16m, and 2 similar level players on loan.

This! although I'm a bit concerned about Chambers going, and the reasons.......Looks like we are having a total rebuild from the Cortese era which could be fun......if there was enough time to build a team and gel.....

This! although I'm a bit concerned about Chambers going, and the reasons.......Looks like we are having a total rebuild from the Cortese era which could be fun......if there was enough time to build a team and gel.....

I remember people saying it never works, signing so many players in one go.

When talking about Sunderland last season

This is what worries me a little, the entire influx of new players will take some time. The difference though is that we're shopping in a higher quality food market than them. Sunderland bought lots and lots and lots of dross, didn't actually spend a huge amount, just lots of dross.

I think we'll have more success with who we bring in, and I don't think we'll sign as many players as Sunderland did!

It's incredibly difficult to get right as we've seen with sunderland, qpr and spurs. BUT it has to be said that the players those clubs brought in were all unbelievably average. If we bring in quality players then we could be fine, even if we have a slow start

This is what worries me a little, the entire influx of new players will take some time. The difference though is that we're shopping in a higher quality food market than them. Sunderland bought lots and lots and lots of dross, didn't actually spend a huge amount, just lots of dross.

I think we'll have more success with who we bring in, and I don't think we'll sign as many players as Sunderland did!

Before you say we are shopping for better quality. Let's see who we get in first

So far, players... Good players can't wait to leave. Jrod hasn't bothered signing his contract. Cork and fonte don't have new contracts and we have signed 2 players.

We knew Lallana, shaw and Rickie were going months ago. Well, Rickies transfer happened quickly. But the other two? We still have not replaced all of those 3, then lovren and now chambers.

Morgan will probably go as instead of saying he is not for sale, we have said we will sell at £25m+. Jrod will be off soon also.

I make that about another 8 player we need as we had a thin squad last season anyway.

10 players bought in one window, madness.

We are playing with fire here.

The agent I listened to on 5live said players are itching to leave the club. He did say that players that were not in the media at the time wanted out and now we have seen one of those (chambers)

You can't just dismiss it all and blame the previous chairman and something he may or may not have said to an 18 year old who played 21 league games.

Something is very wrong at the club. And old crabby hinted at this

As confused as anyone else but the only reason I can come up with why we are letting so many go is that RK doesn't rate these players enough to keep them considering the fee's we are managing to get.

Maybe he feels that we can get better for lesser money.

I just do not feel RK would have taken on the job if he was signing up for certain failure and a depleted side without having a plan in his head.

Is this why Guan said judge us in 2 weeks time? Week 1 - sh!t news' date=' week 2 - signing bonanza?[/quote']

One can hope and it would fit in if we´re signing Rojo and some dutch players that are still on holidays after the WC...

It looks as if this alleged Chambers move has pushed a few people over the edge. I'm as "down in the dumps" as most but determined to stay in the "let's be patient" camp. Chambers leaving (if it happens) just might be a battle we have to lose so we can win the war - surely it is only when the transfer window finally closes that we can truly judge the situation. My main concern at the moment is that Koeman is on board with all the outgoings and so far there is nothing to suggest he is not content, if he did suddenly leave then it would be time to panic.

Koeman plays it down but gathering pace - signing coming soon - Koeman

Alex Goring Crook ‏@alex_crook 8m

Ronald Koeman has told my reporter #saintsfc are close to making a new signing. My money is on van Dijk

Alex Goring Crook ‏@alex_crook 7m

Koeman played down rumours Calum Chambers is on the verge of joining #afc but reports are gathering pace he could be on his way #saintsfc

Celtic have got to get past Legia Warsaw in CL qualifiers. Don't expect Van Dijk or Forster to sign until after 5th August.

10 of the best...

Lambert > Pelle

Lallana > Tadic

Shaw > Rojo

Lovren > de Vrij

Chambers > Byram

Schnederlin > Clasie

Rodriguez > Redmond

Osvaldo > Ings

+ Forster & van Dijk

if that came to pass then I would expect most would be content. The facts of the post at present are about the 2 arriving and 4 leaving.

Forster and Van Dijk not in Celtic squad today ??

Make of that what you will

Quite a few of their first team players aren't playing, so by itself it doesn't mean anything.

Celtic Football Club @celticfc · 28m

Celtic team to play @fcstpauli: Gordon, Herron, O'Connell, Findlay, Twardzik, Henderson, Bitton, McGeouch, Atajic, Balde & Watt

Celtic Football Club @celticfc · 27m

Subs: Zaluska, Waters, McManus, Irvine, McMullan, Fraser & Lindsay

Before you say we are shopping for better quality. Let's see who we get in first

So far, players... Good players can't wait to leave. Jrod hasn't bothered signing his contract. Cork and fonte don't have new contracts and we have signed 2 players.

We knew Lallana, shaw and Rickie were going months ago. Well, Rickies transfer happened quickly. But the other two? We still have not replaced all of those 3, then lovren and now chambers.

Morgan will probably go as instead of saying he is not for sale, we have said we will sell at £25m+. Jrod will be off soon also.

I make that about another 8 player we need as we had a thin squad last season anyway.

10 players bought in one window, madness.

We are playing with fire here.

The agent I listened to on 5live said players are itching to leave the club. He did say that players that were not in the media at the time wanted out and now we have seen one of those (chambers)

You can't just dismiss it all and blame the previous chairman and something he may or may not have said to an 18 year old who played 21 league games.

Something is very wrong at the club. And old crabby hinted at this

Good post and agree with all of this. Some people seem to be hailing Pelle and Tadic as being successes before they've even played competitively for us and too early for that. What we're doing is selling proven premiership players and replacing them with unproven ones. No matter how you look at it, it's a gamble and not all of them will work out. In fact I'd be surprised if half of them did. Add to this an unproven manager outside of Holland, learning the league and it doesn't look good at all. We won't even have the stability that the promoted clubs will have (and that played a large part in our success last season).

Oh well.

We have a lot of money to spend I make it 70 million plus by the time Chambers and Lovren leave, and getting on towards 100 million if Morgan goes. If Arsenal loan us two players as part of the deal for Chambers you can bet we will get a lot less than the 16 million which has been quoted. What we should remember is that to bring in replacements who are of a similar level to Shaw, Lallana, Chambers, Lambert will cost a serious amount in wages. I would suggest that we will have to pay their replacements at least three or four times what some of these players were earning. We brought in Osvaldo and Gaston as big signings and both are rumoured to be on 70K a week plus, I don't think our young players were earning anywhere near that amount.

I also worry about the number of foreign players we are being linked with who have not played in such as tough league before, will they be up for it and perform to a level and show as much commitment, at least on the pitch, as our British players have?

We have a lot of money to spend I make it 70 million plus by the time Chambers and Lovren leave, and getting on towards 100 million if Morgan goes. If Arsenal loan us two players as part of the deal for Chambers you can bet we will get a lot less than the 16 million which has been quoted. What we should remember is that to bring in replacements who are of a similar level to Shaw, Lallana, Chambers, Lambert will cost a serious amount in wages. I would suggest that we will have to pay their replacements at least three or four times what some of these players were earning. We brought in Osvaldo and Gaston as big signings and both are rumoured to be on 70K a week plus, I don't think our young players were earning anywhere near that amount.

I also worry about the number of foreign players we are being linked with who have not played in such as tough league before, will they be up for it and perform to a level and show as much commitment, at least on the pitch, as our British players have?

Have you allowed for corporation tax on these enormous profits we've made?