Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

is there a point where might actually say no?

I must admit, if we sell Rodriguez for a knock down price due to his injury, then I think something is seriously, seriously wrong financially somewhere. And I will say, if we lose Lovren, Shaw, Chambers, Rodriguez, Lallana, Lambert, Morgan, Jose, Cork (which isn't too far fetched, as we seem to be saying yes to any bids we get) - all in one window, then I'll be totally lost with it all. If it gets to that point, they should just sell us and **** off back to Switzerland. It's already getting to the point where I'm forgetting who we're selling, it's ridiculous.

The Chambers transfer has set enough alarm bells ringing in my head. That shouldn't be a transfer that is happening - he's not going to be first choice, he seemed happy enough here, but we've just accepted the bid anyway.

From SSN:

Southampton appear to have competition for the signature of Colombian striker Teofilo Gutierrez. They have been strongly linked with a move for the River Plate player but his agent has been quoted as saying that Sevilla have also been checking on his progress. Gutierrez still has two years left on his deal with River Plate and any offer for the 29-year-old would have to satisfy his club and the investment group that owns 50 per cent of his rights.

From SSN:

Southampton appear to have competition for the signature of Colombian striker Teofilo Gutierrez. They have been strongly linked with a move for the River Plate player but his agent has been quoted as saying that Sevilla have also been checking on his progress. Gutierrez still has two years left on his deal with River Plate and any offer for the 29-year-old would have to satisfy his club and the investment group that owns 50 per cent of his rights.

There's a transfer which will end in disaster if there ever was one.

From SSN:

Seems to have the hallmark of a target for us, ie a perpetual nutter with a chequered history of bust ups, and a joint ownership to prolong the negotiations again.

It's not really a clearance sale though because the only ones going are being sold at stupid silly prices.

I think if the likes of Chambers are joined by Fonte/Cork and co, then it's a clearance sale and a total money recouping exercise.

Time will tell.

Now this will be a funny sale. We should force this one through.

The Mirror have suggested a certain hot headed moronic italian will be an option for Liverpool.

Dani Osvaldo

We all know he's a bit of a hell-raiser (just ask Jose Fonte), but the Italian does tick a few boxes. Firstly, he's capable of leading the line and playing just off the front. Secondly, despite Southampton's dwindling playing squad, he'd probably be available at the right price. And finally, a bit of fire might be useful in a dressing room that will be feeling the loss of a dogged, competitive player like Suarez.

Now this will be a funny sale. We should force this one through.

The Mirror have suggested a certain hot headed moronic italian will be an option for Liverpool.

It would then be just are luck and see Ozzy achieving his potential and start netting 20+ a season for them! Now that would be a kick in the goolies :lol:

Mick Dennis from the Express was just talking saints........

bullet points..

Nc going started the exodus

Cortese conducted the purchase of saints and ran the club effectively after ML death

made unpopular decisions along the way but did a good job

NC and Kat fell out and NC left for what ever reason

Saints fans understand that players like Shaw, Theo, OxO WILL go and saints fans are very aware where they are in the pecking order

but to lose half a team in one summer should cause alarm bells ringing of the most optimistic fans, that simply does not happen

Saints fans will be in dream land if they think most of their academy products will be constantly as good as these, it just does not happen

you simply cannot sell the players that saints have in one window and it not be damaging

Saints fans have had a great journey in the last 5 years but most outside of southampton fear for them this season

you just cannot sell so many first team players (assuming lovren and chambers go) and not have negative effect, along with rodriguez out

its a fine line from being serious relegation candidates to mid table obscurity

assuming chambers and lovren go, that will be just shy of £100m. but money in the bank does not earn you points

for every bony there is a van wolfs-winkle from the dutch league, HUGE gamble letting go proven premier league players and bringing in from abroad

no one knows KL long term strategy, she inherited the club, where the club is now is not due to her strategy but the luck of her being the daughter of ML

and all that was in motion prior to her going more public. all well and good her going to games and smiling, the fans deserve more

The premier league is a brutal league, it can be crushing

fans from the likes of norwich thought southampton had cracked it last season. Sure, people like shaw and maybe lovren would go, but the skipper and 6 others.

its insane

Edited by Batman

Pretty fair summary.

Lovren and Chambers moves set to be completed tomorrow according to Simon Peach.

How many of these days are still to follow?

Utterly dismal summer for Saints. Koeman has the toughest PL job next season.

Edited by Saint Charlie

You'd have thought that they could just keep the Belgian kid they are about to sign rather than loan him out.

Lille is an excellent finishing school for young footballers, now I don't know if all or even any of the rare talents that they've produced of late come from their "Centre de Formation"

but they do churn good players out.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/loic-remy-liverpool-deal-off-3921177

If Liverpool take Osvaldo off our hands it might actually make me not hate them anymore...

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/391199/Liverpool-target-Southampton-s-Jay-Rodriguez-after-Loic-Remy-transfer-collapses

They're absolutely insane if they sign Rodriguez. He's a quality player but I really can't see him being the same after his injury, he relies on pace and movement too much. One of the only players where I think it would actually make sense to sell them if we get a good deal (20mill or so).

So mick Dennis went on "the radio" and stated the obvious. Great insight.

That whole sanpshot of article could have been written just reading this site, especially as he talks about the 3 gone plus Lovren & Chambers making 5.

Then in the final sentence says "Sure, people like shaw and maybe lovren would go, but the skipper and 6 others.

its insane "

Pretty fair summary.

Koeman has the toughest PL job next season.

Nonsense. Do you think his job as a rated professional and top manager is any more difficult to an England manager who have far less time to put together a winning side. Koeman has been considered as a national manager due to his ability to work with new players, young players.

As long as new players arrive, and, he'd really be unlucky if they didn't, he'll be fine. I'd just feel better myself if the Board members conducting the bids pull their fingers out on prime targets Losing out on targets will cost a whole lot more than a couple of million extra being paid out if we fail to get them. The mentality of penny pinching is losing us lots of money and creating a half empty stadium in the process.

I love reading all the positive replies but...we are in trouble. Replacing all these players and gelling a team ready for August will be tough. Signing players with no Premiership experience is a gamble. I'm not sure even 50% can be counted successful? We will do well to stay up.

Nonsense. Do you think his job as a rated professional and top manager is any more difficult to an England manager who have far less time to put together a winning side.

Much more difficult because with England it is the same for other national sides.

Here we are disadvantaged because other sides have had more stable preparation time and far less summer turmoil.

I can't think of another PL Manager with as tough a job. Certainly if you discount the promoted sides, but even then Im not sure as they have no great pressure.

Sure he will cope but its tough and he himself will need to adapt to English football.

Let's just deal in facts not if's, but's and maybe's! As it stands we are going down ! New signings may or may not come in and they may or may not fit in well and may or may not play well and we may or may not stay up but the fact is at the moment we are ****ed!

Let's just deal in facts not if's, but's and maybe's! As it stands we are going down ! New signings may or may not come in and they may or may not fit in well and may or may not play well and we may or may not stay up but the fact is at the moment we are ****ed!

I like that FACT that we are down without playing a game.

I love reading all the positive replies but...we are in trouble. Replacing all these players and gelling a team ready for August will be tough. Signing players with no Premiership experience is a gamble. I'm not sure even 50% can be counted successful? We will do well to stay up.

I hate reading all the negative replies, no buts.

Even with the team as it is now (excluding Lovren and Chambers) we won't go down, have you seen who Villa have signed? burnley are, by and large, useless; Leicester will struggle; I've got about as much experience as West Brom's new manager; Saggychops is continuing with his policy of signing anyway who was a big name but is now way over the hill on HUGE wages; Sunderland barely stayed up and haven't really improved their team....

My point being, it's not as bad as it seems - we've got 2 replacements who are extremely capable (only on paper, I grant you) and more will surely follow. Just keep calm and in the immortal words of Corporal Jones: "Don't panic, Mr. Mainwairing"

I like that FACT that we are down without playing a game.

I like it how half the posters here say that buying lots of players isn't going to help as they will never gel. Liverpool and their fans expect to win things with even more new players. I know the situation is somewhat different but the outlook of some of the fans is at polar opposites.

I like it how half the posters here say that buying lots of players isn't going to help as they will never gel. Liverpool and their fans expect to win things with even more new players. I know the situation is somewhat different but the outlook of some of the fans is at polar opposites.

liverpool are not in the position to play them all at once

words fail me ifyou cant see the difference

So apart from Suarez, how many of Liverpool's top players have left exactly?

Keep' em coming.

Yeh because Liverpool have changed half their team!?

What's ****ed is your brain's power to reason. You wouldn't know a fact if it kicked you up the backside.

Yeh because Liverpool have changed half their team!?

Yes, actually. Unless of course they play exactly the same team in both the PL and the CL, then quite a high proportion of the players will be new to their team for one or the other. It's obvious really.

What's ****ed is your brain's power to reason. You wouldn't know a fact if it kicked you up the backside.

Ok then big man tell me where I'm wrong , have I missed all these signings with the guarantee that they will all gel? No thought not you keep your head buried in the sand nipper , all is rosey!

Yes, actually. Unless of course they play exactly the same team in both the PL and the CL, then quite a high proportion of the players will be new to their team for one or the other. It's obvious really.

changing half of your starting line up (6 in/6 out) to adding a fair few to the squad is severely different.

I know you are you uber positive and think we can challenge for top 4, but surely you can see the difference

Are you really trying to compare our squad changes to Liverpools, god you are a bit dim aren't you!

Are we saying that the squad we have now (minus Morgan, Callum and Jay) is good enough to keep us up? I think it might be just about. Don't think we can rely on new signings however much we spend on them (see Danni and Gaston). Please reassure me!

Are we saying that the squad we have now (minus Morgan, Callum and Jay) is good enough to keep us up? I think it might be just about. Don't think we can rely on new signings however much we spend on them (see Danni and Gaston). Please reassure me!

It absolutely is not IMO.

What if as seems likely Koeman insisted we signed Pelle and Tadic as a condition of him taking the job , blatantly they were not scouted by us prior to Koeman joining.

If you buy into that then it wouldnt surprise me if the board have no true intention to sign anyone else .

Very worried currently ..the.next two weeks will shape our season , we should know the boards intentions by what happens next .

What if as seems likely Koeman insisted we signed Pelle and Tadic as a condition of him taking the job , blatantly they were not scouted by us prior to Koeman joining.

If you buy into that then it wouldnt surprise me if the board have no true intention to sign anyone else .

Very worried currently ..the.next two weeks will shape our season , we should know the boards intentions by what happens next .

That's clearly ridiculous as we will be signing others. I don't think we will be getting our first choice now though without overpaying.

One of the easiest I reckon! Even if he takes us down people will say it weren't his fault, dumb board sold half the squad etc

They would be correct.

But his job is hard even if he clearly has a ready made and valid excuse for failure. Hopefully he will never need to use it.

The Bournemouth game shows how far we have to go before we have even a mid table Premier League team....If we start the season with anything like the team that started on Friday night, we're ****ed, plain and simple.

Pre season or not, that was not a Prem team

The Bournemouth game shows how far we have to go before we have even a mid table Premier League team....If we start the season with anything like the team that started on Friday night, we're ****ed, plain and simple.

Pre season or not, that was not a Prem team

Yeh but we're going to sign all these quality players , they'll all gel straight away and we'll be fine!