Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

Does seem like the club have misled the fans and probably planned these sales a while ago. Would be nice if they knew they can't keep doing it indefinitely without getting some abuse back.

Perhaps, although why all this after Lovren has gone? He's been off for ages.

Why would the club dress it up for fans? If all that's happening is money is being ripped out of the club and it being put up for sale, why would RK preside over that? Why would they purchase new players? Why would Koeman lie?

Although they have acted naively I actually don't think what everyone thinks is happening actually is. But let's wait and see. Not much we as fans can do. 20 fans shouting abuse at an empty stadium ain't gonna help if that's actually what's happening.

what is the point, you are pretty cemented to your position

a lot of it backs up what he was trying to point to without giving specifics away so not to drop anyone in it

I am someone who deals in facts, not rumour and conjecture. If the facts prove something then who am I to say they're incorrect? I am a reasonable person, I can take being wrong when the facts are presented to me.

chambers and a crocked rodriguez

sooner or later, boruc, fonte and cork will be in the shop window (if not already) just by process of elimination

What the **** are you talking about? You sound like you want your theories to come true to make you look good! Massive ego massage - sad, sad, sad.....

What the **** are you talking about? You sound like you want your theories to come true to make you look good! Massive ego massage - sad, sad, sad.....

Are you a moron? It's not wanting it to come true to score points. It's just us pessimists and sceptics can see what's happening to the club/players while others bury their heads in the sand.

Are you a moron? It's not wanting it to come true to score points. It's just us pessimists and sceptics can see what's happening to the club/players while others bury their heads in the sand.

It's not pessimism, it's looking at what has gone before and being realistic about it.

I have to say I am more than a little bit worried about Saints right now. We had no strength in depth last season - and have just lost 5 of our key players - and so far only replaced 2 of them with players unproven in the premier league.

I can't see how we'll persuade Schneiderlin to commit to another season at Saints having let all these players go - and we seem unable or unwilling to make players stay if they don't want to - so I'd be surprised if Morgan move to Arsenal this week - and in reality who could blame them. He's asked the club to show ambition and they haven't

In effect we've ripped the spine out of last season's team - the only place we have any strength in depth now is central midfield

I wouldn't be surprised if Rodriguez and Ramirez follow Osvaldo out of the door this week - and the way we are going Ward-Prowse as well

Add to that we all know Sharp, Mayuka, Gazzinaga, Kelvin Davis and Hooiveld are not premier league class and need to be replaced and Targett, Reed, McQueen, Isgrove, Gallagher, Turnbull, McCarthy and Stephens are all unproven and inexperienced so can't be counted on yet.

I'm not sure the owners are cashing in - but it's more than possible they are - I think is more likely that it's just down to incompetence, naievity and/or stupidity.

Right now are starting 11 looks like a team that will struggle in the premier league:

Boruc

Clyne. Fonte. Yoshida. Targett.

Cork. Wanyama. Davis.

Isgrove. Pelle. Tadic.

It looks more like a bottom half championship team if I'm honest.

We need to sign about 3 players a week for the next three weeks to really stand a chance of staying in the premier league. We desperately needed a right winger, a left back, and another striker before we sold anyone anyway. Now we desperately need a right back and another centreback as well.

Forster and Van Dijk from a Celtic would do for starters - as would Guidetti and Castaignos up front. De Vrij and Clasie would be nice as well.

And even if we do sign these players there is no guarantee they will make it in the premier league. Tadic and Pelle didn't exactly stand out against Bournemouth - but the no one else that played did either really. To be honest we looked pretty bad against Bournemouth - I was expecting us to win 2 or 3 Nil.

Right now are starting 11 looks like a team that will struggle in the premier league:

Boruc

Clyne. Fonte. Yoshida. Targett.

Cork. Wanyama. Davis.

Isgrove. Pelle. Tadic.

It looks more like a bottom half championship team if I'm honest.

I hope for your own sake you are joking.

The back 5 for example is only 1 player different from the defence we had at the back end of the 2012/13 Premier League season.

9 of those players are proven performers at a higher level than the Championship, 7 of them for a mid table Premier League side. Its only Targett and Isgrove that you could even possibly suggest are Championship level, given that Isgrove has never played above League 1 and Targett hasn't played a senior League game.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Saw this hidden in a celtic article - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2707830/Celtic-agree-1-2m-fee-Standard-Liege-striker-Tony-Watt.html#ixzz38iHHQtP3

Southampton meanwhile have cash to burn after the sales of Dejan Lovren to Liverpool and Calum Chambers to Arsenal and are poised to return for goalkeeper Fraser Forster after an initial bid was rejected by Celtic last week.

They are also keen on central defender van Dijk who was a stand-out success for the Scottish champions last season.

Apparently FC Porto as really pushing to sign Clasie according to their fans forum with the quotes coming from his manager though it leads me to suspect he is doing the Tadic/Hamburg approach to getting something done quickly.

"FC Porto is not going to give up the battle for the signature of Jordy Clasie. Feyenoord did prefer not to sell, after the departure of a number of contributors to the midfielder but the club from Portugal seems not many of those words to attract. It is intended that the Clasie teammate of recently attracted Bruno Martins Indi going to be.

According to Wessel Weeze Berg, the manager of the Dutch international, Porto will be the next time an attempt will venture to weeks at Feyenoord. Clasie loose "He is the captain of the club Feyenoord and does not need the other outgoing transfers the money. But the negotiations have not yet stopped. FC Porto does not give up and will continue to fight for him," said the representative of O Jogo. However Weeze Mountain'm not sure it will eventually come. transfer to a Feyenoord will only count as an "exorbitant amount" is provided for the 23-year-old Clasie. "I can only say that negotiations are still in progress, as FC Porto Clasie would like to have., But a deal is not easy," he told yet know."

The fans seem to be linking Kongolo to Stuttgart as well !

Edited by Convict Colony
added kongolo

Clearly the Board statements were true. We will become self sustaining.

Just a lot faster than we imagined with ALL our debt paid off.

Oh how lower league fans must be laughing at our arrogance now. We face a season of wtfln from PL fans.

One hell of a gamble, sure we'll spend a bit, but now those Board statements seem solely designed to inflate our selling prices and con us into buying ST's & Stripes.

Let's hope Koeman is a miracle worker. He keeps us mid table he can pick any job in the world

Nice gamble to take on

What makes the whole thing more annoying is the fact that we have sold 3 of our best players to the same team. I have been saying all summer to my liverpool supporting mate that this would never happen, that the board wouldnt be that stupid.

he is laughing in my face now and his breath stinks

What makes the whole thing more annoying is the fact that we have sold 3 of our best players to the same team. I have been saying all summer to my liverpool supporting mate that this would never happen, that the board wouldnt be that stupid.

Lallana and Lovren fair enough, Lambert although good is on his way down. I think it's funny because Liverpool won't get near 4th place this season with the players they've brought in.

Liverpool have bought two thirds of a strike force that came eighth - remind him of that.

And a perfect carragher replacement; Lovren has already scored for the opposition at Anfield; reckon he'll get another one of those at least this season. Again, remind him of that.

Unless anyone leaves we don't need a CM.

And yeah we need a signing this week.

Apparently RK is after Leroy Fer (Daily Star, Express)

Koeman is also considering whether to take Serge Gnabry or Carl Jenkinson on loan from Arsenal, having sent Chambers the other way. (Daily Star)

Lallana and Lovren fair enough, Lambert although good is on his way down. I think it's funny because Liverpool won't get near 4th place this season with the players they've brought in.

Agree - Hardly Sanchez calibre signings.

I also see Adam is injured and will miss the start of the season too!

Koeman is also considering whether to take Serge Gnabry or Carl Jenkinson on loan from Arsenal, having sent Chambers the other way. (Daily Star)

Don't really get the Jenkinson link as he'd clearly be second choice.

To be fair to Crabby' date=' he was sending me stuff about Jay Rod signing long before it as made permanent so he's got form as an ITK. Shared other stuff too.[/quote']

Dont know if he heard things from the same place but basically chambers will be announced out today amd the club is currently at personal terms stage with two players, the hope is the deals are done in the next 5 days

Wouldn't want any of them, except perhaps Gnabry if there was an option to buy (which there won't be).

Dont know if he heard things from the same place but basically chambers will be announced out today amd the club is currently at personal terms stage with two players, the hope is the deals are done in the next 5 days

I heard this too. Also that Clasie may be signing? I am guessing the personal terms are the two celtic players tho.

I heard this too. Also that Clasie may be signing? I am guessing the personal terms are the two celtic players tho.

Not heard names, fwiw talk of our targets is pretty positive, we are going for the right players which is why I dont believe the club is 'up for sale' however convincing decent players we are the right option and are progressive is becoming increasingly difficult

Saw similar on twitter from a fella saying he had spoken to Erwin Koeman at grand de vere bar last night. 2 in this week but no names given. Hope that isn't including any loan deal we might strike with Arsenal.

The Celtic players won't be allowed to move until after their CL qualifier on 6th Aug.

Deals can be made with an agreement to let them play those games, and with an get-out clause if they pick up injuries. (and fwiw, Wanyama left before their CL qualifier last year, it´s down to if they feel they have adequate cover or not already in the squad)

Koeman has started following clasie on twitter, most likely nothing but we need something to hold onto..

Two players minimum have to be signed this week IMO

I really don't think Lovern would be sold before a replacement is lined up, some will say we have no choice in the sale, but we had the power to say no, or at least delay until a replacement is found?