Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

Still pretty deflating that there simply aren't any incoming rumours. Nothing. Zilch.

We're either keeping it pretty quiet, or we simply don't have a clue.

I'm edging towards 1 of those options.

Edging towards? The majority of actions this summer have proven that we have no clue. The board needs sacking.

Tweeted by Michael Owen...."On a serious note, Southampton have received top dollar and should be applauded. Time to invest wisely and continue to trust their academy"

On the flip-side...

Jeremy Wilson @JWTelegraph

Liebherr loans to equity: £33m. Training ground loan: £30m. Money owed on players: £22m. Someone clearly wants their £ back at #saintsfc

On the flip-side...

Liebherr loans to equity: £33m. Training ground loan: £30m. Money owed on players: £22m. Someone clearly wants their £ back at #saintsfc

Which is clearly stirring when we all know how much we got in in tv money

On the flip-side...

Pretty unsound thesis. Loans to equity means that the money is in equity or shares. There are two ways of getting that back, sell the club (not the players) or award a very special dividend, the second of which is highly unlikely. Again, the money for players sales stays in the legal entity, and does not go into the owners pocket.

Tweeted by Michael Owen...."On a serious note, Southampton have received top dollar and should be applauded. Time to invest wisely and continue to trust their academy"

What utter clap,

Other sides obviously applaud us for us finding and nurturing their best talent.

As for saints, it might make the owners bank balance bulge but as a team we gain sweet f a.

Back to square one every couple of years and owned by someone of whom we are not sure really wants to own us, sells half the bloody side despite what mouthpiece Reed in instructed to tell us and then goes totally quiet whilst more players are sold.

The only thing we should applaud is Owen's arse which he manages to speak out of.

Pretty unsound thesis. Loans to equity means that the money is in equity or shares. There are two ways of getting that back, sell the club (not the players) or award a very special dividend, the second of which is highly unlikely. Again, the money for players sales stays in the legal entity, and does not go into the owners pocket.

Of course it does, if the owner loans the club money and then the club by bias of player sales is in a position to pay back those loans then it will probably happen unless said owner wishes to continue investing for the future. Liebherr wanting her money back is possible so it will probably happen. As for the equity of a mere 33 million £ well that will be recovered and plenty more by selling a debt free entity with state of the art facilities. As I've always said the liabillities exceeded the value of the club and we are seeing the solution to this problem. Look up Hofstetter....it's what he does.

Anyway I think she's only hanging around to bag one of the footballers. Now she has realised she has no hope, she's cashing in. We need Jack Cork to do the business, promise her the world for a new contract and get her to spend some dough. Then dump her on the 1st September once Messi and Ronaldo are on the bus.

I have thought all along Fat Kat wants to cash in the loans-to-equity at least.

As much as we are all ****ed off right now, throwing personal insults in the direction of Markus's Daughter isn't exactly in good taste, is it?

Pathetic, particularly from someone who complains about name calling...

She's not fat, she's just chunky

Not ITK; although £33m of loans from the shareholder (KL) were converted to equity (as shown in the 2012/2013 accounts).In July 2013 the club converted £25m of the equity into share premium, This was strange at the time, but it does mean that it's easier for KL to take this amount out of the club if she wants.

Ridiculous! Michael Owen blasts Arsenal, Man United and Liverpool's Southampton raids

MICHAEL OWEN has dubbed the big Southampton exodus as "ridiculous".

By Jack Wilson/Published 29th July 2014

Starsport reported this morning how Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino is ready to make a £50m raid on his old club for Morgan Schneiderlin and Jay Rodriguez.

If the duo leave, it could take the number of Saints stars walking out of St Mary's to a staggering seven.

Calum Chambers yesterday sealed a move to Arsenal while Dejan Lovren signed for Liverpool over the weekend.

He joins Adam Lallana and Rickie Lambert at Anfield while Luke Shaw swapped the Saints for Manchester United.

Owen tweeted: "I thought if Southampton lost 1 player they would lose 3 or 4. This, however, is getting ridiculous! Have they got any players left?!!!

"On a serious note, Southampton have received top dollar and should be applauded. Time to invest wisely and continue to trust their academy."

Dani Osvaldo, Jose Fonte and Jack Cork are all wanted by other clubs too but executive director Les Reed has urged fans not to panic.

Reed said: "It is important in the transfer window to remain calm, resilient and above all patient. We have targets and we are working hard to get them."

QPR going for Fer.

We have ****ed up this window in a way people didnt even think was possible. Absolutely ludicrous.

I posted yesterday that Redknapp said at their Press Conference that QPR aren't interested in Fer. Wish you had heard Mark Scott on Talksport late last night answer all the questions of what is going on. She confirmed that legally can take everything, hook, line and sinker but certainly she won't and will ensure we don't get relegated as that would really be the end of her father's investment

Not ITK; although £33m of loans from the shareholder (KL) were converted to equity (as shown in the 2012/2013 accounts).In July 2013 the club converted £25m of the equity into share premium, This was strange at the time, but it does mean that it's easier for KL to take this amount out of the club if she wants.

thanks. I knew there was some sort of manoeuvre in the last known accounts.

If we sign 2 arsenal players on loan I think we know the future policy. That'd be a thoroughly depressing move. This club should be about giving our own youngsters a chance not arsenals.

All that would do is insure we don't make any more on player development next time! And from the fans point of view, bringing in £150 million then signing some loans won't to down well.

Would be more depressing than the Chambers move. Reed was adamant that we don't even loan youngsters out -training others would take things to a whole new level.

Of course it does, if the owner loans the club money and then the club by bias of player sales is in a position to pay back those loans then it will probably happen unless said owner wishes to continue investing for the future. Liebherr wanting her money back is possible so it will probably happen. As for the equity of a mere 33 million £ well that will be recovered and plenty more by selling a debt free entity with state of the art facilities. As I've always said the liabillities exceeded the value of the club and we are seeing the solution to this problem. Look up Hofstetter....it's what he does.

After tax, of course. The only way that the value of the club has changed is that several assets have been converted into cash values much higher than they were listed on the company books.

If we sign 2 arsenal players on loan I think we know the future policy. That'd be a thoroughly depressing move. This club should be about giving our own youngsters a chance not arsenals.

All that would do is insure we don't make any more on player development next time! And from the fans point of view, bringing in £150 million then signing some loans won't to down well.

Hoping doesn't happen purely as I think Jenkinson is terrible.

It may be just me, but, does anyone else think most of our replacements will come internally? I can see us signing 2 or 3, but other than that, the way I see it, the Board have employed a manager with recent success in working on a tight budget bringing through mostly young players, and given the success of the recent sales, the Board will surely not be adverse to getting these guys in the shop window.

This quote from Reed was interesting in that regard, I thought:

"Our position remains unchanged in that we are determined to keep our best young players at the club, as is evidenced by the decision to award Harrison Reed a new long-term contract last week, adding to the list of committed young professionals like James Ward Prowse, Sam Gallagher, Jack Stephens, Jordan Turnbull, Matt Targett, Sam McQueen and others who have seen plenty of first-team activity recently."

"Our position remains unchanged in that we are determined to keep our best young players at the club, as is evidenced by the decision to award Harrison Reed a new long-term contract last week, adding to the list of committed young professionals like James Ward Prowse, Sam Gallagher, Jack Stephens, Jordan Turnbull, Matt Targett, Sam McQueen and others who have seen plenty of first-team activity recently."

The current reality is that only one of them is good enough for the first team right now, and if it's to be believed, he's the one we're about to flog to city.

The current reality is that only one of them is good enough for the first team right now, and if it's to be believed, he's the one we're about to flog to city.

throwing them into the prem in one go will mean certain relegation

I would no longer believe anything Reed says anyway.

Nope, ditto.

Shame that this transfer thread still has absolutely no concrete incomings. And you cannot keep PL signings quiet, so you'd expect a bit of media exposure a week or so before anyone signs. Makes me feel we're not even an inch close to anyone, probably on our 10/11th targets. Hopefully they prove me wrong and bring in 3, 1 tomorrow, thursday and Friday...but not counting on it.

I really dont think we are close to any signing. Like S-Clarke says if a deal was close media will have got wind of it. In this day and age impossible to keep deal out of the media. I seem to recall Steve De Ridder was the last out of the blue signing. Before anyone pipes up about Lovren, French media reported it before club announced.